[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw goths and emos are out of fashion >tfw they have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_20160207_032817.jpg (133KB, 1078x1048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_032817.jpg
133KB, 1078x1048px
>tfw goths and emos are out of fashion
>tfw they have been replaced by hipsters
>tfw rock, metal etc. is out of fashion
>tfw it has been replaced by shit electro music
>tfw you will never have a goth girlfriend

Why even live?
>>
Shameless self bump because I miss this.
>>
>>26305260

>You will never have a busty, goth GF who has tattoos and piercings who will have tantric Wiccan sex with you

Why is life so cruel.
>>
This shit doesn't even matter at all outside of high school.
>>
I miss goth grills too. They made my boner the hardest.
>>
>>26305345
>missing emo boys

wtf.

Goths are still a thing, it's just not all over MTV.

I do regret not fucking emo girls when I had the chance. They were easy as fuck and eager to suck a dick, but I thought myself too trv kvlt to befriend poseurs like them. I was such a little faggot.
>>
>>26305260
wtf do you mean rock has gone out of fashion what

rock hasn't been this good since the 70's
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 224x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 224x250px
>>26305260
>not following the trends
>being stuck in 2005
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 500x749px
The weeb/pastel goth aesthetic is much cuter anyway.
>>
>>26305260
rock and metal are both still huge. as a goth i can tell you we still exist, but theres not as much popular coverage. my gf really loves the alternate dynamic we have where shes a qt normal girl and im a punky/goth girl.
>>
>tfw no moody goth gf that you can make smile and break he facade

>tfw no punky piercings and tats gf who smokes you out and pokes fun at you coughing and not holding your drink

>tfw no tomboy gf that likes to take charge and show you what she likes to do to you

>tfw no muscle gym going gf that gets off on bodyworship or you liking her sweat

>tfw no gf to take virginity
>>
>>26305434
>Goths are still a thing, it's just not all over MTV.

There no better sign of a fucking pleb than when they use something like MTV as an accurate representation of anything. Do you think punk is dead because Blink 182 aren't on MTV any more?
>>
>>26305489
>rock hasn't been this good since the 70's

The fuck are you talking about? I haven't heard one new good Rock band this decade. At least the 2000's had GRR which was fucking amazing.

>>26305549
You fucking idiot, I said exactly the opposite.
>>
>>26305583
>You fucking idiot, I said exactly the opposite.

Using MTV as a measure of anything is fucking retarded, and the implication that anything on MTV is relevant to subcultures is weak as fuck.
>>
It's cool. When you get older you realize that goths and emos are just fashion trends, and anyone who buys into that is trying way too hard. I know it's a cliche, but it's just another uniform.

I'm a 31-year-old corporate executive who works 70 hours a week. During my time off, I often go to metal and noisecore shows high on opiates, and I am regularly the oldest person there. Sometimes, if the show is on a weekday, I go in my suit. HOW you look doesn't matter. What fucking matters is that you're doing what you want, and don't try to fake it.

When I was in my late 20's, I went through a hipster period just to get pussy. It worked, really well, but it wasn't me. I hated myself and everyone around me.

Now, I REALLY wish that ambient, noisecore, and breaks were bigger scenes. Even in NYC it's hard to find good performances.
>>
>>26305623
Again, you brainless halfwit, I said that MTV is NOT an indication of subcultures.

You know what, I don't give a fuck about MTV. I don't know what's the "cool" platform nowadays because I'm not a millennial piece of shit. But I go to Metal shows and I see plenty of Goths.
>>
>>26305549
>implying that Blink 182 were ever punk

Holy shit, please put a bullet to my head and pull the trigger. This fucking pains me to hear. You'd be the fucking laughing stock of real punks if you said that shit around them.

God damn. That's embarrassing.
>>
>>26305662
>When you get older you realize that goths and emos are just fashion trends

Everyone realized this at 15 you dumb fuck.

OP is probably just sad that Goths and Emos aren't plenty nowadays because they used to be fucking hot. Seriously, I hated Emos so much, but they were so fucking hot and so fucking easy at the same time.
>>
>>26305260
>>tfw when hitting on a goth looking girl today means hitting on a lesbian or the roastiest roasty ever
>>
>>26305691
That's not what he's saying you dingbat. Grab the nearest baseball bat and whack yourself in the head.
>>
File: suburban-gothic-press-image-6.png (740KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
suburban-gothic-press-image-6.png
740KB, 1000x1000px
Pic related. All of my hnnngg
>>
File: image.png (392KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
392KB, 640x434px
Times have really changed.
>>
>>26305260
lol except goths are literally in fashion right now

that's why all of these girls are editing their eyebrows and wearing all black and acting sad and wearing chokers

wtf, are you living under a rock?
>>
>>26305840
I read something like this. Like the emo music scene is supposed to make a comeback either this year or next year.
>>
>>26305840
No shit, that whole aesthetic is coming back in vogue. People are even nostalgic over MCR and Hawthorne Heights and shit. OP is just having cognitive dissonance cause he's not in Jr high anymore and hasn't seen a 'peer' since the last time he could see his ugly pecker
>>
>>26305840
Is this for real? And yes, I am a NEET who rarely leaves my room.
>>
>>26305864
I only hope its more refined, with a little lolita fashion aesthetics too it instead of that garbage trailor park drab look they had going on there
>>
File: image.gif (640KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
640KB, 500x281px
>>26305821
Kota is cuter now
>>
>>26305549
im really into rock and metal, and have huge fetish for metal grills, and girls with black hair.

but all of them wants bf`s with long hair beards, tattoos and the works.

>tfw when looking like a normal fag, and try to change that in an age of 26 is social suicide
>>
File: 1453392859996.jpg (56KB, 233x311px) Image search: [Google]
1453392859996.jpg
56KB, 233x311px
>>26305260
its truuuuuuuueeeeeeee
god damnit fucking why
why why
i want a emo suicidal shy girlfriend so bad :(
>>
File: 1453393151178.jpg (178KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453393151178.jpg
178KB, 717x960px
i wanna have a girlfriend like she :(
is theere any one ?
i doubt it... theres so many fucking stacies with normie look-
>>
goths being in fashion?
trailer park drab?
mid 2000s emo is coming back?

what already? i thought the last two years it was 90s revival welp

i guess the early 2000s is coming back get ready everyone
>>
>>26305940
>i want a emo suicidal shy girlfriend so bad
They just look nice. they have layers of UNFAITHFULNESS beneath that raccoon eyeshadow.
>>
>>26305962
he never said that
>>
>>26305962
I keep hearing about mid 2000s emo coming back but is this true? And why do I want it to be, nostalgia perhaps
>>
My first gf still does the goth thing and when at cons she does the egl bullshit.

I wish I could fuck her in her elaborate dress or facefuck her until my dick is smeared in black lipstick. I fucked that one up royally though by moving too slow.
>>
>>26306135
>No shit, that whole aesthetic is coming back in vogue. People are even nostalgic over MCR and Hawthorne Heights and shit.
>>
you guys know alternative girls are still fucking everywhere, right?
>>
>>26306178
yeah still more rare in this day and age
>>
>>26306207
Not really, you just have to be in the right scenes. Go to alt clubs, or concerts by bands in that scene and you'll meet fucking heaps.

You could never really just go out and meet droves of people who looked like that.
>>
>>26305260
Goth died out because its not a style that can be carried over into adulthood. Also, kids learned that their parents had an embarrassing "goth phase" and avoided it.

Indie style is a much more tolerable style that the work place accepts. And people like consistent identities. There is still plenty of suicidal emo girl in the indie scene.
They listen to stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqX4WoGuPw

Evolution: the most adaptable style won.
>>
File: 1454037236887.jpg (25KB, 344x340px) Image search: [Google]
1454037236887.jpg
25KB, 344x340px
>NEETs talking about things they don't know again

Goth is still a thriving subculture, it just may be dead in your area. Which sucks breh
>>
>>26306455
goth has been taken over by trannies. Its a subculture that only exists on tumblr now.
>>
>>26305489

Rock is fucking horrible currently. The only thing being put out in a large amount is hipster rock and mainstream rock is just pop rock with hipster influences.

Rock might as well be dead.
>>
>>26306321
This is great, except that bands like this seem to have literally two fucking songs out, google shows nothing, nothing's up on soulseek at all from what I can tell. Where are those girls supposedly even finding it?
>>
>>26305691

Wow.

You're completely and utterly retarded.
>>
>>26306543
Kek, this is so not true at all. There's plenty of great indie rock, punk is still alive, metal's fucking thriving, and there's some classic rock revival bands around doing their thing.

Just because you only listen to the most mainstream crap doesn't mean there isn't other levels, go to festivals, concerts, actively search out new bands online.

Quit the whole "le wrong generation" shit, because rock is just as alive as ever.
>>
>>26306321

It carries over perfectly into adulthood. You tone down the garish make up, ditch the band tees and studs, and start wearing quality, fitted, black clothes.
>>
File: .....j.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
.....j.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>26306590
I..I found it actually.

I was trying to find bands similar to Syd Myers and Foals because it seems to be whats popular with women these days. Now I can bring up obscure shit to share.

don't judge me pls
>>
>>26306674

This. Mainstream plebs should really just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26306698
No shame anon, they're pretty fucking good, and seem to be popular enough in LA. Any recs similar to this? Preferably something with an album out?
>>
>>26305260
I had a mallgoth gf in 2003 and she introduced me to drugs and took my v-card and it was all downhill since then.
>>
>emo/scene
>girls have sexy long straight dark hair
>wear tight black band shirts and are usually thin
>fun accessories that make a lot of noise as they walk around
>pale skin and polished nails
>usually into anime and shit

>hipster/shit
>girls have boring hair and are frumpy
>wear plaid and boots
>boring personalities that usually revolve around sjw garbage
>retarded tattoos
>unnecessary high self value

I want to go back
>>
>>26306776
>Preferably something with an album out?
nope.
>>
>>26306886

>2003

Damn, there are some old robots here.
>>
>>26306906
>implying most goths weren't fat and unwashed
>implying being into anime is a good thing
>implying tattoos aren't a huge thing in pretty much any alt scene

Stop being retarded anon.
>>
>>26306923
Fuck, guess I'll keep looking then.
>>
>>26306928
>13 years ago
>old

You must be 18 years or older to browse this site anon. Please leave.
>>
>>26305662
>goths and emos are just fashion trends
Yes, but they are fashion trends that make my dick diamonds.
>>
>>26306942
Fuck off hipster
Your culture is the lamest thing ever

"Hey lets make a culture that is so close to not having any culture at all we can put in as little effort as possible."
Go size yourself up some thick rimmed glasses.
>>
>>26306680
its cringey no matter what because when you look at the person, you can still tell they're mentally under-developed.
>>
Goth doesn't exist anymore.
We cholo goth now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVvabsXFT7w
>>
>>26307001
Ain't even a hipster anon, I play in a punk band at local clubs, just pointing out that goth isn't any fucking better than hipster, it's just different.

Same as punk isn't better than either, nor is metal, whatever the fuck you pick, you not liking it doesn't make it wrong, neither does painting one in an idealised light and the other in a completely negative one.

Also
>this culture has no culture because I don't like it

Doesn't even make any sense anon, the indie scene has a very specific vibe to it, and a look.
>>
>>26306928
I was only 18 back then, but yes that does make me old compared to the average "robot"
>>
>>26307032

All the adult goths I know are intelligent, self aware, successful people with respectable lives who dress very well, just mainly in black. All the indies and emos work menial jobs, have useless degrees (if any at all) and still try to dress like they're 16.
>>
>>26307291
All the adult goths I know are junkies or in bands, most people grow out of that style in time.
>>
>>26307328

You're confusing emos for goths, aren't you? Admit it.
>>
>>26307382
Nope, they're very clearly goth, I've never heard one ever describe emo as anything more than a joke for angsty teens.

Adults who define themselves by a single style are nearly always lacking seriously in other ways.
>>
>>26307548

>implying they define themselves entirely by a singular interest.

Sounds like you're just butthurt they're still enjoying their interests and finding friendships in creative outlets
>>
>>26307291
>All the adult goths I know are sellouts who think it's edgy to wear a little bit of extra eye-liner and black nail-polish so that they impress the other soccer moms when they pick up their kid from school.

If you're going to be "alternative", either fully commit to the style and culture until you die or get out of it and let young people take over instead.
>>
>>26307596
Nope, I'm the anon who posted earlier, I'm pretty heavily into the punk scene in my area, play gigs semi-regularly.

I just realise that that's not a fucking identity, it's a hobby, and I don't feel the need to constantly show off that I'm a part of a subculture when it's not appropriate or relevant, and that people who do that tend to be annoying and immature.
>>
>>26305530
Except how is she a weeb..???
When White people do this they don't actually dress like that
They wear cheap stretchy shirts from lame storevny shops like happy Monday that have cunt witten in Japanese on them or some other tumblr wave shit with like a high waisted skirt and that's it
>>
>>26307746
not him, but normies like you are what killed punk's chance at being a relevant social movement instead of the teenage/manchild fashion show and song & dance parade that it became
>>
>>26307849
I don't see how not going "Hey look at me, I'm entirely defined by the type of music I like" is what stopped punk being a relevant social movement.

It's much more that it was pretty much entirely bands that wanted change without going through the establishment, and there was little to no effort to actually bring about this change.

It's people like you with your whole "not a real punk if you don't agree with me" that killed the fucking scene, and still shit up any place where the scene's alive.

It's also entirely possible to simply play punk music without trying to get across some greater message, which is what I do. I enjoy the music, I enjoy playing, I enjoy playing the music, so that's what I do.

But I'm sure you're a real true punk right?
>>
>>26305260
Move to Kentucky or Ohio. Emo and Goth never went out of style there, probably never will.
>>
File: 4689_kat_dennings[1].jpg (396KB, 1984x1320px) Image search: [Google]
4689_kat_dennings[1].jpg
396KB, 1984x1320px
>>26305789
That isn't goth, that's just a photo of Kat Dennings.
>>
>>26307968
The fact that you call it a scene more than speaks for itself.

And no, I got out of the punk scene when I realized it was just a bunch of idiots dressing up like morons and playing bad music just so they could impress other retards within the 16-25 age range.

and the bands wanting change and to be indie is a load of shit, all of the big names like The Clash and The Ramones and The Sex Pistols were more than happy to jump on major record labels when ajor record labels noticed that there was now a mainstream market for it.
>>
>>26306674
indie rock is the popular genre from where I live

there're was a punk scene from where I lived and that showed up and died off within 3 years because most of people in it moved on to indie rock, but if you're one those who listens to Green Day or Blink-182 those bands are now old enough to be considered the "nostalgic legendary bands." But the pretentious ideology of punk died off way back in the early 90s, GG Allin was the last musician who carried the punk ideology.

Metal is very trendy to middle school kids who listens to the "extreme to many words to describe genre" band and also "core" bands are trending. Any old school metal band like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ozzy, and Motorhead are now considered baby's first metal band.

I don't know what'll be considered to be classic rock, to be honest.

the popularity of rock/metal music varies from where you live, I'm just pointing out what's popular from where I live
>>
>>26305859
Lol there's been an emo revival since 2010
>>
Why the fuck would you be nostalgic for the early 2000s?

Trends are always going in circles, currently the 80s is having a revival hence why neo-retro wave is becoming a thing so I would be surprised if there is an increase emos and goth, might be a sort of hair metal revival too.

We're moving into the Cyberpunk era, most of will become more evident in the 2020s but 30s is when it will be in full force. Trends will align with that, we're also probably going to see a revival of gangsta / wigger shit in the 20s.
>>
>goths and emos
>replaced by hipsters
>not replaced by rainbow-haired genderfluid SJW tumblrinas and weeb cosplay sluts

'hipster' girls are just the post-high school incarnation of normettes who didn't like drinking as much as the full-blown sorority sluts at their college.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.