[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that I have Aspergers and my parents never told me?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

I'm 21, I have no social skills, and I don't have the same degree of social awareness that most people do. I don't really care if I have Aspergers or not. It's not going to change the fact that I'm a complete social fuck-up, but I really want to know if I have it. It would at least give me an explanation as to why I've been such a social fuck-up my whole life, and would make me feel better knowing that it's not my fault.

Is this a thing that parents do? Do parents just not tell their kids they have autism? I really hope not, because it's a really stupid decision. Throughout my life, I've frequently felt pretty bad about myself for being such a social fuck-up. If someonehad told me that it wasn't my fault that I didn't fit in, and that it was because have Aspergers, it would've made me feel a lot better about myself when I was a teenager.
>>
Sperg here. It's still your fault even if you have it. The diagnosis doesn't absolve you of social responsibility.
>>
>>26284737
Fine. I still want to know if I have it though.
>>
>>26284330
I felt like my parents did the same thing but never told anyone to keep me out of those god awful Retard Classes in school

I am thankful that they thought that through farther than I would have, being in those classes is essentially suicide at 30
>>
>>26284737
>social responsibility
Don't be a cuck.
>>
>>26284763
Go to a shrink who specializes it, they have tests. you can do to find out.

Did you have any weird behaviors as a kid like enjoying stacking objects or lining them up? That's usually a big red flag.
>>
>>26284808
Fuck you normie, I want friends, I just cant maintain friendships because I'm unbearably autistic. You get a choice, at least.
>>
>>26284849
I think you misunderstand. I was trying to say that social responsibility is a spook and there is never an obligation to engage in it.
>>
>>26284828
Yeah I did, but I didn't feel any strong compulsion to do it, I just did it because I was really fucking bored. Like when I was a kid I used to line up the books on my bookshelf to make sure they were pushed in all the way.
>>
>>26284917
If you want other people to like you, you have to engage in the rules of society and social behavior. That's just how it is.
>>
>>26284934
I lined up all my toys often, liked stacking cups. It's not really a compulsive thing, it's just that normal children don't do these things at all, especially not to the extent autists do. I also had a game I'd play by myself where I tried to touch all the spots in the house that I thought no one else had touched.
>>
>>26284965
Forgot another sign: are you either a picky eater or are you okay with eating literally anything? Most other autists I've met just eat very simple, bland meals, or they will eat literally anything and have no problem with normally gross shit like bugs, fermented foods, etc.

How do you do with eye contact?
>>
>>26284330
Diagnosed Asperger here

I was raised by a single mother. So I was basically bound to this terrible fate.

As for the social aspect, I never fitted in and I always was a fuck up. The only thing that I learned in social environment is to maintain a healthy posture, dress well and be hygienic, and looking at people straight in the eye while showing some composure. Making me look lot more intimidating than I used to be.

The thing is, I was raised to be a total cuck with the opposite gender because my mother has a SJW mentality. But I rebelled from seeing how much many women are cunt who use males as toys. I turned to be one fucker that piss everybody off when I refuse to conform to rules and be taken advantage off. Cause let face it, who want to be someone underling ? Is that much that I used to lack social awareness but now I just don't give a shit and continue to live on. No matter how people despise me.

Sadly I still have problem maintaining relationship and friendship but for different reason.
>>
>>26284934
Also, I don't do that anymore. I stopped doing that when I was a teenager. I used to spin around in my chair in math class in high school too, but that's just because I was really bored. But like I wouldn't spin all the way around, I would just spin from side to side.

>>26284965
I did something similar in preschool, or maybe kindergarten, I don't remember. But the floor tiles were colored, and I would try to walk around without stepping on the white ones (or I tried to walk around without stepping on the colored ones, I don't remember). Again, that wasn't a compulsive thing, it was just something I did.

>>26285024
I was an extremely picky eater when I was a kid, but that's just because my parents let me eat whatever the hell I wanted. I've pretty much totally gotten over that, and now my diet is pretty much totally normal. As far as eye contact goes, it made very uncomfortable when I was a kid, but I think I can make eye contact normally now.

Also, sometimes I couldn't tell when people were joking. When I was in middle school, I had two friends, say A and B. Me and A were really good friends and we hung out a lot. One day B texted me saying that he told the whole school that I was gay and that me and A had butt sex. Although most people would've understood that that was a joke, I thought he was being completely serious and got really upset.
>>
Your parents are probably aspies too and have no clue.
>>
>>26285428
My mom is definitely not an Aspie. My dad might be though.
>>
>>26285327
OP here. I'm in a similar situation. I was raised by both of my biological parents, but my mother's a radical feminist and I used to be a total cuck with the opposite gender too. For a significant portion of my life, I actually believed the social construct theory of gender and other similar nonsense.
>>
>>26285440
Yeah my dad too. He's great though. Being autistic is fine once you get over the fact you'll never be normal.

Who cares friend, figure out what you're good at and do it for $$$ nobody will care if you're a sperg
>>
>>26285499
My comrade be skeptic about people motivation and find your own view. Don't let anyone lie to you anymore. You're better than that. Learn to maintain eyes contact and be more assertive. Also dress properly, So you could keep a job someday.
>>
>>26285575
That's what I've learned over the years. I used to trust other people a lot, even if they were pretty sketchy people. I trust people much less now, but I still find myself trusting people too much sometimes. I'm currently working on being more assertive. I would work on maintaining eye contact, but I feel like I'd fuck it up and just creep people out.
>>
>>26285645
Avoid the death stare. That creep people out.
And don't say you're going to fuck over cause if you do it will happen.
>>
>>26285689
Yeah I don't stare at people. Whatever I'll figure it out eventually
>>
>>26285948
Simple someone look at you. Maintain eye contact. Just don't overdo.
>>
>>26285985
Ok. Also, read my post here (>>26285410). Do you think I have Aspergers, or am I just kind of weird?
>>
>>26286009
I don't care if I have it, I just want to know the truth.
>>
>>26286009
You can't tell by a text if someone has Asperger. I would consult a psychiatrist.

The traits to look for usually are impairment in social skill. Normal to high intelligence. Obsession about a narrowed range of topics (Including trains, computer, video games, or any subject). a disturbance when your everyday routine is disturbed, and mostly stereotyped behaviors.

Well that is what the DSM-V said. So yeah, consult a psychiatrist if you want to get evaluated. If you have the diagnostic, you could be eligible to government funds and services to help you through out your life.
>>
>>26284737
Actually he would know what to do if he knew he was diagnosed.
Basically if he's been fucking up after trying its not his fault.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.