[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't even imagine how vain and self-absorbed someone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

I can't even imagine how vain and self-absorbed someone has to be to have an instagram account. These are the people you see in public constantly pointing their phone at themselves and making stupid faces. Don't you just fucking hate them?
>>
File: 1454281042260.png (279KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1454281042260.png
279KB, 421x421px
>>26278552
it bothers me a lot, but at least they're happy about themselves
>>
I have one to post pics of cool stuff and places I've been. And my dog.
>>
>>26278596
Why do you think anybody cares about those?
>>
the people I really don't understand are the ones who put tons and tons of shit on these sites like Twitter and Instagram, and they get maybe ten followers.

obviously barely anyone gives a shit, so why even bother? I don't get it.
>>
>>26278552
>Don't you just fucking hate them?

No I don't care one bit.
>>
File: 1453691536116.png (466KB, 653x641px) Image search: [Google]
1453691536116.png
466KB, 653x641px
>>26278552
idk I got an instagram mainly so I could follow my friends when I was in hs

I still have it so I can follow alterhacker and Katya and like their pics. I don't have many posts but I should totes post more! :33
>>
I have one to document my surgeries and weight loss. A lot of people follow me and can relate, I guess. I don't post selfies I just post pictures from surgery or my scars.
>>
I can't even imagine why you would care?
What if the normies there are wondering how retarded we are for wallowing in self pity and posting frog pictures here?
>>
I have one but there aren't any photos of me. Strictly post photos from backpacking trips I go on
>>
>>26278652
Because I have friends.
>>
File: IMG_20151026_220118.jpg (1MB, 3045x2337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151026_220118.jpg
1MB, 3045x2337px
I never post selfies. I post photos ive taken, like these.
>>
>>26278652
Why do you assume its always a vanity contest? Maybe they just like to store it all on the site rather than on the computer, that way it never needs to be backed up.

I bet you think Tumblr is exclusively feminism and fan girling too.
>>
I think hashtags are deeply uncool and it just screams look at me, just post your shit without them
>>
I'd have one too if I had a good life and was attractive.
>>
Vain = Being social

If you're not vain, you get outcast like us.
>>
>>26279450

you have dumb friends.
>>
It seems like you have instinctive disgust for the masses and the "mass mind." If you're that way inclined, there are critiques out there that will make you feel less alone. Don't worry, you're not alone in feeling like you're drowning in a sea of hollow narcissistic shells. Look into
>Christopher Lasch: Culture of Narcissism
>Ortega y Gasset: Revolt of the Masses
>Possibly Jean Baudrillard: In the Shadow of Silent Majorities

Also look into modernist elitism, and tradtionalism
>>
File: 1349446276795.jpg (370KB, 1500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1349446276795.jpg
370KB, 1500x619px
You're so forgiving when its an attractive bitch though.
>>
>>26278552
In some way I feel bad for them, they can't ever feel good and function normally without sticking their phone in their faces every other 10 seconds.
>>
>>26279778
I think 95% of people don't understand what they're used for.
#tonightsroastiecontestsilverplacewohoo
>>
>>26279499
woah that'sin my city breh
>>
>>26278552
i hate instagram and social media in general with a burning passion
but i will never complain about it because it makes me sound like a fedora tipper
>>
>>26280480
Prove it blocxx
>>
File: 1436428698238.png (75KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1436428698238.png
75KB, 400x388px
>livejournal will never be THE social media site again

it kept a lot of the normies out because people usually posted unique original content
>>
I can understand why attractive people take selfies but why do average (this is me being nice) looking people take so many selfies? Actually, I know why. It's because other stupid fucking normies will LIE and tell them how great they look. Normies really are terrible people.
>>
>>26278552
It's just so goddamn vain that I can't stand them. How many fucking picture do you need of you making kissy faces in a lecture hall? 10 every single goddamn day? Jesus fukcing christ
>>
>>26280118
Succ a pp faget
>>
I doubt everyone who owns a instagram account is vain and self-absorbed. I don't have one because I don't feel like showing off my shitty life and shitty possessions. I can see how someone with a nice life would wan't to show it off.
>>
>>26278552
It does not affect me at all
>>
It is nothing but a vanity contest.
When I last went home to visit my family I was amazed at my younger brother.
My parents went to bed and I asked him if he wanted to watch a film or something, We put the film on and about 20 minutes in I looked over at him and he was holding his phone at this odd angle and was pulling some stupid 'puckered lips' face.
I asked him what the fuck he was doing and he said he was taking a picture to post. He was walking around the living room attempting to get the best lighting and shit. It was pathetic to watch.

These people take pictures of fucking nothing. Oh you took a picture of your utterly uninteresting dinner for the 40th time in a row? Oh and you've got 200+ pictures of you pulling duck face in random locations. Oh hey here's another 100 pictures of you in the same fucking nightclub doing nothing.
>>
File: Stalin_1902.jpg (92KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_1902.jpg
92KB, 800x1075px
I accidentally made an Instagram account lel.
I posted a pic by mistake and got likes, as much I hate Stacie's and normies. I understand why they use it, the weird rush of getting a like makes you feel good. Especially if you haven't had a gf in 11 years and begin to lose hope.

I still don't use it though, its full of mix raced people talking about muh relationships.

I can see why lesser minds use it though; its their version of 4chan. Ask yourself this: who spends and invests more time, them in Instagram or you on 4chan?
>>
>>26281171
>I accidentally clicked on a website
>I then accidentally clicked "Create account"
>I then accidentally Filled out the details needed
>I then accidentally went to upload a picture

What?
>>
>>26281333
You do know its a phone app?
It was installed on my phone and I went into the app so I could see if my email was being used (restored from iCloud after sister used my phone) of automatically had all my info on it and the sign up button is easy to press

The picture upload is one button and if you click your picture in the app it can upload it straight away.

Pls stop judging others before you experience their way; its far easier to gain an advantage once you've infiltrated
>>
>>26281430
I still don't understand how you can accidentally do any of those things.

Are you sure you didn't just give into normie temptation and create one to try to revert out of Robot status...
>>
>>26280911
eh no tengo nada para probarlo ahora desu
pasame tu instagram
>>
File: 1453823419719.jpg (205KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1453823419719.jpg
205KB, 1124x1024px
>tfw Mirukawa is an attention whore who tries to give off an innocent qt vibe but you're still attracted to her.
>>
File: poolord.png (941KB, 1156x548px) Image search: [Google]
poolord.png
941KB, 1156x548px
instagram cut out the pretense of social media being about connecting with your friends and got straight to the point by making it about attention whoring and validation.

every girl i know with an instagram has dozens to hundreds of selfies and cherry picked pictures from their lives to demonstrate how smart, cool, funny, and interesting they are. these girls take pictures of themselves with full faces of makeup with flattering lighting and angles and post only the best parts of their lives, and then they get praise and attention as if this representation of them is accurate, and then they start to think that maybe they really are as awesome as people on the internet who dont know them believe they are based on their most attractive and interesting pictures.

for some reason it never occurs to them what they're doing; that they're giving innacurate representations of themselves and their lives - lying essentially - and using this to garner the admiration or desire of others

i see these two guys occasionally posted on /r9k/ and they are known for no reason. one was born rich and spends all of his money on guns and whores to feel more like a man and the other one was born tall and handsome and goes to the gym. most of the time if you post anything negative about them youre immediately accused of being jealous, but neither of these guys matter. i mean, yeah i would be taller and more handsome if i could, but i dont admire tall and handsome people, i admire who've had a meaningful impact on the world in some way.

i dont know, my who post is probably euphoric
>>
>>26280057
That is the dumbest shit I've ever heard
>>
>>26281759

you sound schizophrenic
>>
I got a facebook because I'm a follower but when I first saw Instagram I knew it not only wasn't for me but that I would immediately think less of someone who posts on it regularly.

I don't want to sound like an edgelord but it's everything I dislike about my generation
>>
>>26281759
Nope you're completely right bro. Human's need for validation has ended up with this toxic "look at me, compliment me" culture on the internet, as their vanity can spread to many eyes.
>>
>>26278552
I have one because I'm an entomologist and I like to post pictures of bugs.
>>
>>26282813
share pls
bloxxe
>>
>>26280648
U just did
>>
>>26282880
It's cratscadle. Inactive right now since it's winter and there's no critters around.
>>
>>26281759
Lets be real here - you're ugly and get no attention. So you value things that have nothing to do with looks - because you have none of it to offer. But you know that you would not hold those views if you were born beautiful and treated differently while growing up.
>>
>>26281759
ugly betafag detected lol
how to fix your life:
- get money
- get on roids
- if you have ugly teeth, bald, gyno, no jaw, etc. fix that shit
- buy new clothes
- get a new haircut
VOILA YOU'RE ALPHA AS FUARK
doesn't take more than 2 years
your problem if you're still a beta when the path is known
>>
File: 1452485462618.jpg (68KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
1452485462618.jpg
68KB, 606x496px
>>26283624
>your problem if you're still a beta when the path is known
The rest of his post is complete meme garbage except for the last parts but this is true
>>
>>26278552
dude many photographers, athletes, businesses and the like have it now though.....>>26283624
roids are illegal and i don't have a doc that would be cool with it if they found out, i can't get money even with a degree..... gotten more rejection/eaten more static than a human being can take......

would spend it all on clothes/shoes/cosmetic medicine/.sugar baby anyway......

oh god these gymnasts remind me so much how i have an uber fetish for preppy southern belle types.....

damn.
>>
File: 1443741253996.jpg (126KB, 612x528px) Image search: [Google]
1443741253996.jpg
126KB, 612x528px
>>26283561
>>26283624

>you dont participate in the normie social media circlejerk therefore youre ugly
>this is how normalfags justify their rampant narcissism on social media

nice meme dipshits. im not ugly and ive gotten my fair share of female attention
>>
>>26283715
So you'll always be a sad poorfag, why even live then?
>>
>>26283970
Post pics then. I can talk so much about how I'm a billionaire and its a load of shit and you're doing the same.
>>
>>26284131
With timestamp btw.
>>
File: fff.png (200KB, 442x336px) Image search: [Google]
fff.png
200KB, 442x336px
>>26284131

i almost posted this picture with the other post but i decided against it because i think faceposting is cancer for the same reason i think instagram is cancer, but here you go
>>
>>26283715
>roids are illegal and i don't have a doc that would be cool with it if they found out
You're retarded, just go to a private endo and pay him to put you on TRT which is legal roids.
>>
>>26284156
>>26284156

im not timestamping sorry >>26284255
>>
>>26281171
you are one of the lesser minds you're referring to
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.