[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here listen to jazz?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: CountBasie.jpg (82KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
CountBasie.jpg
82KB, 500x469px
Does anyone here listen to jazz?
>>
Satch is the man
>>
>>26275983
Yes i have listened to a few songs, I love Sun ra (crazy but cool guy) Miles Davis and the guy who did "Blues and roots"
>>
Moanin' by Bobby Timmons never fails to make me feel better. I don't always feel in the mood for it but when I listen to it I always end up appreciating it anyway. Of course it's only temporary joy but it's at least something. Thanks for reading my story.
>>
>>26275983
I only listen to Jizz
>>
File: 1425423154104.jpg (66KB, 405x343px) Image search: [Google]
1425423154104.jpg
66KB, 405x343px
>>26275983
Fuck yeah. You like Pat Martino?
>>
>>26276052
Oh man playing Moanin' back in high school was the best. Everyone would always make a woo* during the solo.
>>
File: miles_davis_jeanne_moreau.jpg (61KB, 444x549px) Image search: [Google]
miles_davis_jeanne_moreau.jpg
61KB, 444x549px
Miles Davis
Gerry Mulligan
Red Garland
Bill Evans
Dizzy Gillespie
Kenny Dorham
Chet Baker
Thelonious Monk

In no particular order
What are your favorites?
>>
Yeah, jazz bassist and bari saxophonist here. I love Dave Holland
>>
>>26276303
that look...
not OP but yes, all of them plus some oldtimers like bix beiderbecke, early satchmo, etc (my father's legacy) and some more modern musicians, from metheny to mehldau, to list some well known guys.
have you listened "Summit", the piazzolla-mulligan record? i'm from argentina and i love modern jazz inspired tango
>>
I don't know much jazz, can someone recommend some emotional jazz?
>>
>>26277127
Bohren and the der club of gore
Check out sunset mission its noir jazz
Otherwise kind of blue by miles Davis or blue train by Coltrane that's pretty good entry level jazz
>>
File: assets_LARGE_t_243061_54255690.jpg (1MB, 1417x1400px) Image search: [Google]
assets_LARGE_t_243061_54255690.jpg
1MB, 1417x1400px
>>26277127
Chet Baker sings
>>
>>26277322
I fall in love too easily....
I fall in love too fast...
>>
I live for Benny Goodman
>>
The only jazz artists I've listened to are Miles Davis, Coltrane and Frank Zappa. Listened to most of all of their stuff, I loved Hot Rats and A Love Supreme in particular. I need to check out the /mu/ essentials for jazz, I know everybody hates on "/mu/drones" but it really is a good board for discovering music.
>>
>>26277309
>>26277322
Thanks. I already knew (and enjoyed) a couple of songs by Chet Baker. Checked the others you recommended and they sound promising as well, will give them a full listen.
>>
>>26275983
>not jazz-fusion

it's like you don't even want to get hype as fuck
>>
File: 1443365107666.jpg (2MB, 3000x4593px) Image search: [Google]
1443365107666.jpg
2MB, 3000x4593px
>>26277372
Perfect for a robot
>>
>>26276303
I love Miles Davis' earlier albums and Kind of Blue. Bitches Brew is interesting, but I prefer the more traditional stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 350x350px
>>26275983
Does Vaporwave count?
>>
"Oh I don't like jazz. Why don't you like normal music?"
Bitch, it is normal music. Normies I swear.

What the fuck happened? How did we go from "The Jazz Age" to not giving a flying shit about jazz? Only a few people out of everyone I've ever met enjoy listening to jazz. And don't even get me started about classical music playing fuck wads.
>>
bill evans is my shit
>>
>>26275983
I find jazz too self-indulgent. There's no discipline involved. And because it lacks repetition, it doesn't have the same reward-centre triggering that, say, metal does.
>>
>>26278151
My town has a yearly jazz festival where there are jazz bands playing at every corner.
Pisses me off every time when I go and see the biggest crowds gathered for bands playing "rock classics" rather than jazz.

>>26278219
Sounds pretty fascist tbqh senpai
>>
>>26278151
a jazz musician I spoke to put it pretty well for live jazz - no one really seeks it out but they'll listen and probably like it if it's right in front of them

no-one really cares about it any more, can't really blame them, just keeping up with current music and finding stuff to like within it takes enough effort as it is
>>
come dancing by the Kinks is as far as il listen to jazz
>>
File: euphoric okcupid profile.jpg (85KB, 444x520px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric okcupid profile.jpg
85KB, 444x520px
Is this the euphoric thread?
>>
>>26278563
>dae superior than my generation because of the music i listen to xDDD
Nobody here is claiming this. Do you fucks really have to go through mental hoops like that to justify your t swizzle and avicii or is this just bait?
>>
I like some jazz pianists like art tatum and oscar peterson but otherwize it doesn't really grab my atention. Not to say that i think there's anything wrong with jazz it just isn't my thing tbqh
>>
>>26275983
I like Jazz, but I'm more of a quiet storm guy. You robots feel?
>>
File: euphoric okcupid 3.jpg (90KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric okcupid 3.jpg
90KB, 500x479px
>>26278636
>if you think jazzposters are euphoric you like avicii and/or Taylor Swift
Now you're really sounding euphoric
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.