[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can girls actually be geeks? I need a definitive answer on this.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Image6.jpg (1021KB, 1439x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Image6.jpg
1021KB, 1439x1417px
Can girls actually be geeks?

I need a definitive answer on this.
>>
if they have niche interests and are also physically hideous, yes
>>
>>26273442
Yes.

That was a very easy question, anon.
>>
>>26273470
They don't need to be physically hideos. Hannah Minx, for instance, is a geek.

The implication here is a geek must also be a sexless loser, and that is inaccurate.
>>
File: 1400931992114.png (98KB, 306x243px) Image search: [Google]
1400931992114.png
98KB, 306x243px
>>26273493
>Hannah Minx... is a geek.
>>
anyone who wears merch is a fucking faggot
>>
>>26273442

Yes, they can be. That being said, if anyone ever tells you they're a geek, they aren't one. Either gender.
>>
My 2 year old daughter loves playing with her big R2-D2 plushie more than any other toy.
I think she might grow up to be the real deal.
>>
Yes there are.

But you dont see them because they dont wear geek shit like that and take selfies. Only the fake attention seekers do that
>>
File: Image51-1.png (2MB, 951x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Image51-1.png
2MB, 951x1432px
>>26273493
But are they genuinely geeks if they're doing it for attention? Or go out of their way to advertise every single "geeky" thing they do?
>>
File: 1429753574077.png (116KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1429753574077.png
116KB, 402x398px
>>26273629
>meme graphic shirt
>mainstream feminist propaganda
>>
Being a girl is inherently geeky.
Obsessing over fashion brands, discussing what make up is the best, dissecting and mimicing behaviour they learned after hours and hours on social media etc
>>
>>26273535
Well she is. Are you insinuating weeaboos are not counted as geeks? That would be quite rich.

>>26273629
Yes, still counts. All geekery really is is mass consumption of material objects and their discussion.

Remember, nerds and geeks are not the same thing.
>>
>>26273813
That is stretching the definition of geek too far. She can only be counted as a geek when she does this things to the extent "normal" non-geek people find it off-putting.

A woman with 30 pairs of shoes is not a shoe geek.
>>
>>26273937
>nerds and geeks aren't the same thing

Is this the same as "niggers and black people aren't the same thing"? Cuz I ain't buying it.
>>
the way nerd/geek is used nowadays it just means someone who consumes popular media, like star wars and video games. so, yes, girls can be nerds/geeks
>>
>>26273622
This.

You don't see geek girls because they're not attention whores like all the others.
>>
>>26274019
Geeks are people who sit around and play video games and watch capeshit. They passively consume media. The most imaginative thing they might do is build a Magic: The Gathering deck.

Nerds lean more towards academia, and tend to care about creating their own projects and entertainment. A lot of the things geeks enjoy are made by nerds.

Guy who can name every orginal pokemon = geek

Guy who learned C++ in high school = nerd
>>
>>26274100

who cares? why is this distinction important to you? this is as stupid and meaningless as arguing over the distinctions between goth/emo.
>>
>>26274154
This distinction is important because it masks the idea that nerds are now socially accepted. They're not. Geeks are.

There has been no real change in our culture, no increased appreciation for intellectual subjects, which are the domain of nerds.
>>
I believe they can be, but the things they find entertaining, the majority is entry level
>>
They can.

Here's the easiest way to tell:

Do they call themselves a geek/geeky?

If yes: a "geek" for superficial reasons.
If no: a geek, but needs further research to fully ascertain.
>>
File: 1454547001708.jpg (73KB, 680x958px) Image search: [Google]
1454547001708.jpg
73KB, 680x958px
>>26273442
geek & nerd are marketing terms used to segment populations for their integration into consumer society.

people are people, and the machine can go fuck itself
>>
>>26274244

youre complaining about labels. these labels have no meaning in real life and are useful for classifying groups of people in one's head. the distinction between a nerd and a geek is as important as the distinction between a goth and an emo, or a pansexual and a bisexual.
>>
Why do people think if you call yourself one you aren't really one. I consider myself one, and give no fucks because I fit the description. Denying at this point would be like a slut denying that she is a slut. Hid from the term for far too long, only to be called one anyway. Fuck it let your freak flag fly.
>>
>>26273442
>geek girl
REEEEEEEE GET OUT
>>
>>26273442
If by geek you mean obsessively interested in niche hobbies/interests, yes, there are very many of them.
>>
>>26273442
No.

They are just doing it because Chad got into it.
>>
>>26273442
ugly/fat ones can.
just never legit cute
6 to 6.5/10s can be and usually are the 10/10 die for you level qts at least till they get knocked up with a bastard .... then you're an asshole beta if you don't fall for her kind but hey.

>>26273493
but she's also a chargewhore who makes millions on her sexuality and attractiveness from losers like us.

she's a *FAKE* geek, nerds are more sexually frustrated than alphas/jocks thus an easier market for even a more otherwise mediocre woman to fleece.

>>26273937
If she's a legit geek - I'm legit next in line to be the Roman Catholic fucking Pope moron.

>>26275305
agreed. that's tryhard annoying tier even for a fatass.
>>
>>26273442
If you have to ask if you're part of a group, you're probably not.
>>
Anbody can be apart of the consumerist image made to make money off manchildren.
>watch stay wars and buy all the merchandise goyim
>>
>>26273813
no, girls do this because in the end it gets them attention and makes them more fuckable. this is inherently not geeky.
>>
>>26274244
Except for the entirety of silicon valley. How is being a nerd not the popular thing to do these days?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.