[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about antinatalism? It's a philosophy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 12

File: photo.png (20KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
20KB, 265x265px
What do you guys think about antinatalism? It's a philosophy which states that it's immoral to have children, since they will experience suffering during their lives. That it's immoral to force children to be born without their consent, and that by being born you are involuntarily woken up from an eternity of peaceful non-existance. When we die, we are freed from the prison that is life, and can go back to our peaceful state of non-existance. I agree with this philosophy, since I had been thinking about this for quite a while before finding and reading about it.

I know you guys don't like Reddit, but I recommend that you check out the subreddit for antinatalism if you're interested in learning more.

What do you think?
>>
>>26270535
interesting post, OP. never heard about this.
>>
ffs why did I have to be born, I don't want to got back to non-existance
>>
>>26270535
fine by me as these are the exact kind of edgelords who should be out of the gene pool
>>
>>26270535
Good and evil is a supernatural concept, therefore, not real. The idea of right and wrong is purely the choice of the individual. So antinatalism is just another bullshit theory where people try to impose moral order on an amoral universe.
/thread
>>
having children in this society is an exercise in narcissism. there are already too many people, we do not need any more, we're full.
>>
File: 1426788605938.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1426788605938.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>Good and evil is a supernatural concept, therefore, not real.

proof?

> /thread
>threading yourself
>>
I don't have a fedora big enough for this thread
>>
>>26270725
This. 1 child policy worldwide when? If we did that it wouldnt take too long for the population to go down to the perfect 500 million in balance with nature
>>
>>26270725
Well, if your posting here, chances are you would be fine having children. It's the people in poor shit holes in Africa, China, and India that are having to many kids in a vicious cycle of
>need labor
>have kids to help farm
>need to feed kids with more farm
>have more kids to help farm
etc,etc.
>>
Life doesn't have to be suffering
>>
>retarded teenagers yelling at their parents "I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN"
okay
>>
>>26270762
Yes it is.

It's not all suffering all the time, but the nature of our biology and psychology necessitates we suffer.
>>
>>26270674
Yes, you're probably very right. We make our own morals, and therefore there is no one "correct" set of morals. But don't /thread your own post. Only losers do that.
>>
All these bullshit philosophies are based around Utilitarianism so any argument can be propped up on the premise that "we shouldn't, because *sadness*".

Well guess what, the world economy is your Utility Monster. It begs for people so they can consume and produce. If you truly find solace in non-existence, kill yourself.
>>
>>26270535

antinatalism is for edgemaster faggots who can't get laid and have, at best, middle-brow philosophical understanding.
>>
>>26270725
>having children in this society is an exercise in narcissism.
It's not even narcissism, it's purely mechanical. People don't really fucking think when the breed, they just do it.

Science has fucking SHOWN AND PROVEN that pair bonding and having children makes you worse off as an individual. You get sicker, age faster, accumulate more stress, and have less time for yourself. Yet, people still do it.
>>
>>26270779
True we have to suffer a bit to be able to know what pleasure is but it doesn't have to be mostly suffering.
>>
>>26270761
no, i realized a while ago that i am unfit to have children. i do not like babies or children, they just annoy me. shit genetics should be eradicated from the earth and that includes myself
>>
>>26270762
Not everyone can be born rich, healthy and 6`4 with a face like zeus
>>
>>26270741
>threading yourself
Why not? Threading is the gift man gives himself.
>proof?
If you need proof that God doesn't exist you're too thick and you needn't bother with the truth.
>>
>>26270862
And yet there are people who have none of these things and are happy. So these things must be secondary to happiness no?
>>
>>26270815
desu passing down your genes is worth it though
>>
>>26270845
Well, if you value genetic quality then sure. What I'm saying is that if you were to have kids, you really wouldn't be making the world that much shittier or condemning them to a life of pure misery beyond a reasonable doubt.

Even people like us who are "miserable" still live pretty damn good all things considered. Sure
>no gf
But we don't have to worry about a bunch of nasty diseases, we don't live in an active war zone, we have access to clean water, and you probably don't have to worry about starving to death.
>>
>>26270815
i was thinking more about the people who choose to have kids, not just fall into it.

you have to be pretty full of yourself to want to make a little version of yourself. if they weren't narcissists they'd adopt. most people don't adopt because the whole passing down your own genes thing.
>>
that's bullshit. its okay to have children as long as you are ready to be a parent, and lets face there aren't alot of people suited to be parents

there is barely any forward thinking when making children,especially when woman have the option to raise them for free
>>
>>26270874
How can there even be Truth in an entirely subjective universe, particularly one devoid of God?
>>
>>26270936
>raising another guy's kids
You know, the word "cuck" gets thrown around a lot these days...
>>
>>26270904
Good post m8; it is disconcerting how many people predicate their happiness on material circumstances.
>>
>>26270741
we live in a finite planet live it have infinite resources
>>
>>26270904
They are happy DESPITE suffering though. It still sucks how we have to suffer in the first place
>>
I think this kind of discussion is useless to have on /r9k/ because you're all satanic, life hating, love hating people. Not only that but you twist arguments to fit into your worldview and rationalize your hatred of everything good and pure.
>>
>>26270535
Well I hate women and I think that they are all whores. But I fucking fucking Hate those annoying cunts of children.... Aaaah I wish that I can kill them all..
Fucking cunts.
Abortion should be legal.
And 1 child policy worldwide. Now in society women prefer to improve social and economic instead of having children is fine by me.
It's fucking disgusting that women having children at the age of 15 16 17 ... Fucking whore. They all must die.
>>
>>26271034
k cool, go shit out another useless kid into the world and do your duty as a human bean
>>
>>26271007
That's just the way the universe is man, gotta have a bit of pain to know what pleasure is. If you accept that's the way it is you can just relax and know life isn't so bad after all since most of our suffering is feeling bad that we suffer.
>>
>>26270535
I think about it every day. Having a kid is the most arrogant thing you can do. Who the hell do you think you are, forcing somebody to exist?
>>
File: 3079849093_4ed1806302.jpg (102KB, 373x500px) Image search: [Google]
3079849093_4ed1806302.jpg
102KB, 373x500px
Only death is real
>>
File: 1320095909001.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1320095909001.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>26270535
babby's first philosophy

regards, a parent with a philosophy degree
>>
>>26271092
But that's a retarded thought to have. It's literally impossible for anyone to give consent to be born, so if it's immoral to birth someone without their consent, then what you're saying is it's immoral to propagate the species and that for humans to be good and moral we'd have to facilitate our own extinction.
>>
>>26270535
it's for white people.
>>
>>26271140
And what's wrong with extinction? There isn't a single logical reason to care about the propagation of the species in the abstract, and if you think it's ok to violate individual rights just to reach an arbitrary collectivist goal, you really are a retarded sack of shit.
>>
File: MISCARRIAGE[1].gif (292KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
MISCARRIAGE[1].gif
292KB, 200x400px
>and they say white genocide's not real
>tfw they're making ''''philosophies'''' about not breeding and encouraging it
>>
>>26271140
And why is that a problem? We are currently facing plenty of problems due to overpopulation and overconsumption. The last thing we need is more humans.
>>
>>26271178
I'm this guy with the degree >>26271119

About 50% of philosophy taught in colleges now is post 18th century Jews. They often advocate some kind of self-destructive altruism.

Other more shady stuff that is taught is critical theory, a whole branch of philosophy that is basically Jews Jewing
>>
>>26271140
>>26271177
It's retarded arbitrary morals like this that go against common sense that cause people not to report child trafficking because of fear of being labeled racist.

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE
>>
>>26271140
that's, ya know, the underlying message of antinatalism

humans are shit, stop breeding.
>>
>>26271177
Okay, you are a nutjob and I'm not replying to you anymore. Your beliefs are unrealistic, unenforceable head in the cloud misanthropist bullshit. If you think life is better without all us all, get things started and kill yourself.
>>
>>26271212
let the jews have the earth and rule over the goyim, i don't care at this point, they've pretty much already won with their jew banks controlling everything.
>>
>>26271216
>>26271214

Name one reason to care about extinction that doesn't invole some delusion about "nature" having a will.

By definition, extinctin is something that can only happen after you have died. But once you're dead, nothing matters anymore. Therefore, extinction shouldn't matter to anybody, because nobody will ever experience it.
>>
>>26270535
This is something that I could agree with, but I won't because it would just turn into me justifying my lack of ability to procreate.
>>
>>26271251
If it doesn't matter, why support philosophies in which the endgame is self-imposed extinction? If the earth is nothing more than a cold, uncaring rock in a cold, uncaring universe then why should we work toward our own demise? Overpopulation and overconsumption when there are other people to suffer the effects of it.
>>
>>26271178
Wait...is this supposed to CAUSE a miscarriage because I'm pregnant....I'm well into my second trimester though.
>>
haha fuck you

i'll produce as many as i desire, i want the cycle of suffering to continue until the very end.

>boohoo das is selfish!!!!11!!1!!!
exactly, life is cruel and so am i.
>>
>>26271302
>tfw no qt virgin pregnant gf

pls be mine
>>
>>26271178
Funny how you can easily call it White Genocide: The Philosophy because we all know that only young white people subscribe to this.
>>
>>26271297
Extinction is not a goal in and of itself, dipshit. It's a side effect of following the only morally option, which is to refuse to violate other people's rights by forcing into an existence they cannot consent to.
>>
File: shut it.jpg (57KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
shut it.jpg
57KB, 400x559px
>>26270535
Anti-natalism fails on a number of levels.
1) Suffering != evil. Does an olympic level athlete pushing himself to be stronger to compete 'suffer'?
Yes.
Is it evil?
No.
2) Anti-natalism is "I slept through the discussion of the Naturalistic Fallacy my Freshman year, the philosophy". It is, essentially, a reductio ad absurdum of the Naturalism Fallacy and reduces all of existence to 'feeling nice vs. feeling bad' where a single instance of feeling bad renders all other aspects of life meaningless. In the end, anti-natalism is the belief that if you stub your tow and it hurts, it would be better to have never been born, which is ridiculous
3) The majority of people report that the are happy with their lives. An overwhelming majority. This means people, even the desperately poor and the disabled, report that the good in their life outweighs the bad. This indicates that Reality disagrees with the Theory of anti-natalists.
4) Despite how easy it is to commit suicide (painlessly!) the vast majority of people never contemplate it, let alone attempt it. Indeed, humans will fight *hard* to continue life even in the face of great pain, showing that in Reality people hold positive value to existence.
Anti-natalism is the Objectivism of /r9k/
>>
>>26271349
* morally correct
>>
>>26270874
>If you need proof that God doesn't exist you actually understand how Logic works
FTFY
>>
>>26271349
>cannot consent
>forced

This doesn't make any SENSE. Accept that breeding is NATURAL and mother nature is not subject to "consent".
>>
>>26271085
The pain/pleasure ratio is like 30/1 though its not worth it
>>
>>26271351
It's not wrong because of suffering. Reproducing would still be wrong even if there was no suffering, because you can't consent to being born. It's not right to force someone to exist just because you decided to make a person.
>>
>>26271351
kek holy shit

if you can't see the holes in every single one of those points, there really is no hope for you
>>
>>26271119
Hi!
Parent with a Systematic Theology degree, myself.
I wrote
>>26271351
>>
>>26271379
Just because something is natual, that doesn't mean it's ok to do it.
>>
File: 1303245126787.png (3KB, 203x210px) Image search: [Google]
1303245126787.png
3KB, 203x210px
I just don't want to breed because I have schizophrenia.
I don't think it is wrong to prevent a potential ill fag from being born, really.
>>
>>26271401
It kind of does you piece of shit.
>>
>>26271388
Make your case then retard. Logically destroy each one of the arguments or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26270815
>Science has fucking SHOWN AND PROVEN that pair bonding and having children makes you worse off as an individual.
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>26271379
Whose moral law are we working under here such that giving birth to someone without their consent is a violation?
>>
A case can be made not to have babies, especially going into the 21st century.

It very well could be the case that the later part of this century is defined by resource wars and massive global disintegration driven by climate collapse.

It would suck to be alive.
>>
>>26271379
>this appeal to nature fallacy
m8 go back to facebook
>>
>>26271385
That's not true for everyone if put my pain/pleasure ratio at 3/7 and if you're speaking for yourself it's not necessary for you either, most of our suffering is in our minds not a product of our circumstances.
>>
>>26270535
On the btight side, it's one way to solve pedophilia and hebephiloa.
>>
>>26271462
Did you mean to quote me?
>>
File: 1298774318056.png (106KB, 201x284px) Image search: [Google]
1298774318056.png
106KB, 201x284px
If you have this ideology, how the hell are you gonna keep it alive if you never reproduce?
Check and mate atheists
>>
>>26271423
One could argue that it's natural for people to rape each other. I mean, animals do it all the time. Does that mean that rape is okay?
>>
>>26271423
Murder and rape are natural, are you saying those are ok? if you want to show that reproduction isn't a violation of individual rights, you're going to need some actual support.
>>
>>26270535
>What do you guys think about antinatalism?

I'm against it, I like anal and anything that is anti anal is something that must be stopped, stop trying to police our bedrooms!
>>
>>26271210
>overpopulation
I love this meme. Where did you learn that? Fox news?
Fact of the matter is the US alone throws out millions of pounds of edible food a year and we have millions of square kilometers of usable space that isn't facilitated.
>>
>>26271387
>you can't consent to being born
How can any right precede existence?
People aren't disembodied spirits hanging out in a waiting room with Beetlejuice waiting to get called up.
Saying 'someone who doesn't exist can't do something' is like saying 'a door that isn't there can't be opened'
1) No shit
2) so what?
In the absence of a person there is an absence of *rights*, you dolt.
>I bet you struggle with the Sunk Costs fallacy
>>
>>26271510
anal is the source of aids you mongol
>>
The problem with anti natalism is that not everyone suffers

The wealthy and the genetically blessed have great lives

Therefore only the rich and beautiful should be allowed to reproduce
>>
>>26271388
Oh, poor benighted me! Please, O Enlightened One, spare the 30 seconds it would take you to illuminate my poor mind with your brilliance!
Bring it, poindexter
>>
>antinatalism

oy vey
>>
>>26271553
>Yes good goyim, bring me more fresh meat so I can control it all
>>
>>26271510
closet faggot in denial
>>
>>26271524
The only thing that matters is that there is a person who exists now who didn't exist before, and they had no say in the matter whatsoever. They exist just because you decided that you wanted to make them, and that's that. No one has the right to make that choice on the behalf of someone else.
>>
>>26271586
>No one has the right to make that choice on the behalf of someone else.
Based on what? I argue that I DO have the right to make that choice based on the law of my country and the law of my God. What law in particular states that I don't have the right to bring someone into existence without their express consent?
>>
>>26271553
>daddy why did you decide to have kids?
>to spite the jews, now fuck off i have youtube comments to post
>>
>>26271532
>>26271573
fuck off antianalists, anal is great and cannot be stopped
>>
>>26271504
>>26271507
I was waiting for this. If we weren't the advanced species we are, rape and murder would be okay if it means passing your genes or getting rid of nuisances/competition or what have you. But what has to be factored in is civilization - it does work against nature in ways to keep people safe, and that's what's great about being human. But civilization also requires one of our most basic processes (breeding) to be upheld. There is potential of rape and murder if someone is born yes, but there's also potential of that NOT happening. There's potential for suffering or prosperity. Most people will certainly experience both. Anti-natalism is just a glass-half-empty philosophy.
>>
>>26271617
A country is an arbitray construct with no inherent authority other than what you choose to give it, so law has no impact on morality. There is no logical reason to believe God exists, so that argument is just based on assumptions with no support. If you want to say something is moral just because your imaginary friend told you so, there isn't any way to carry on a rational discussion because you can just make up anything else you want and say that God told you it was true.
>>
>>26271653
The quality of your life is irrelevant to whether reproduction is moral. Even if there was no suffering ever, you still don't have the right to force existence onto another person.
>>
>>26271639
if anal is so great go fuck your dad you faggot
>>
>>26271683
You still haven't answered my question. What law states that I have no right to bring someone into existence without their consent?
>>
>Antinatalism
>Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

White people lmao
>>
>>26270811
Don't you have a screaming baby to attend to or something? You sure sound like it
>>
>>26270535
If you agree with this, why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>26271715
Man made law is irrelevant to this discussion. If you're talking about natural rights, then you're the one making the positive claim that you have the right to force someone to exist without their input in the matter, so try supporting it.
>>
I support antinatalism for everyone but me and attractive girls.
>>
>>26271653
We're advanced, that's why we're able to comprehend and rationalize why our lives are pointless and worthless. If you don't kill because you think it's wrong to impose something on another person, you shouldn't impose life either.
>>
>>26271710
>The quality of your life is irrelevant to whether reproduction is moral.

Yet that is the entire basis of anti-natalism.

>you still don't have the right to force existence onto another person
>you don't have the right

Says. Fucking. Who?
>>
While I don't think it's immoral to have children, it's a difficult subject and I think it's impossible to come to a conclusion, a logical conclusion, about the whole thing. There are a lot of good reasons not to have kids and really no reasons to have kids that aren't incredibly selfish. But I guess you pay for that when you have kids because, if you're doing it right, nothing will ever again be just about you.

I would say it is immoral for some people to have children, but those people do not know it is immoral and I don't know if it's anyone's place to say that sort of thing. Because morals are not universal. Even though I believe mine should be, so does everyone else on the planet.

And everyone experiences some degree of suffering in their lives. I've experienced a shit ton of it. And while the bad stuff is bad, the good stuff is great, and makes it all worth while. But the possibility of something awful happening in the future makes me wonder if I really want to go on. And some of that bad stuff is inevitable, but it's all still imaginary... so it's just fear and anxiety, for now, but it won't be. Or maybe it will always be.

I don't know. The whole discussion hurts my head and makes me feel like I'm running around in nonsensical circles.
>>
I think some people just should not have kids, like old people, people with diseases, really ugly people, poor people, low iq people etc

only the best should breed so that we are evolving in a good direction at least

you might as well say we should nuke the whole planet and end the suffering of all sentient creatures
>>
>>26271749
So if there is no man made law that states that it's wrong to bring another into existence and there is no divine law that makes such a claim (because there is no God), then the argument that it's immoral to bring someone into existence without their consent doesn't seem to have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>26271809
>the good stuff is great
like what?
>>
File: 1453353297485.gif (313KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453353297485.gif
313KB, 250x250px
>>26270674
>tries to sound smart
>Good and evil is a supernatural concept
>supernatural concept
>>
>>26271718
> Massive overpopulation, starving, resource wars in developing countries

brown people lmao
>>
>>26271766
>If you don't kill because you think it's wrong to impose something on another person

Maybe I don't kill because I don't want to go to jail.

>you shouldn't impose life either

I will never understand how terms like "force" and "impose" can be used seriously in this argument.
>>
>>26271890
>I will never understand how terms like "force" and "impose" can be used seriously in this argument.
They're not used seriously. This just some NT with too much time on his hands arguing an indefensible position for entertainment.
>>
>>26270535
>That it's immoral to force children to be born without their consent

there is no such thing as consent though if you don't even have a brain and heart that you use to give consent for something.

also, this is all hogwash. if it's already immoral to have children, everything is already slightly immoral. so how many bacteria life forms have you wiped out today? or was it something bigger like an ant you stepped on outside? see, this is all fucking stupid.
>>
>>26271890
>Maybe I don't kill because I don't want to go to jail.
So what you're trying to say is, you're a sociopath without a moral compass?
And you're surprised you can't understand our point of "it's immoral to force life"?
Are you serious right now?
>>
>>26270535
what a degenerate thing to say.

"im gonna end my bloodline and deny myself true fulfillment in life just so i can have more time for my hedonistic escapades"
>>
>>26271070
Watch out guys, we got an edgemaster over here
>>
>>26272028
not OP, but this is a free choice with nothing really degenerate about it.

this is just do or don't. it's only degenerate in the sense that you choose not to have children if you're white nowadays because the birthrates of white people are too low anyway.
>>
>>26271977
>So what you're trying to say is, you're a sociopath without a moral compass?

I was being sarcastic since the guy decided to use assumptions to make a point.

>And you're surprised you can't understand our point of "it's immoral to force life"?
>I will never understand how terms like "force" and "impose" can be used seriously in this argument.
>>
>>26272156
What's so hard to understand? The baby has no say in whether it's born or not, that's why "force" is used.
>>
Life is a fascinating event no matter what.
>nonexistence is not peaceful,it's nothing
The irony is that the reason you can appreciate this "peace" is because you're alive
>>
>>26272195
When does the """"""""""""forcing"""""""""""" of life begin? If we go ahead and abandon the ridiculousness of a baby's ability to consent to life, we can go so far as to ask how one can consent to CONCEPTION without even existing? It's just fucking stupid, isn't it?
>>
>>26272308
You can't, that's why it's immoral. Because you're selfish enough to cause a child almost sure suffering just because of a whim of yours.
Capiche?
>>
>>26272028
Why do you assume antinatalism and hedonism go hand in hand.

I think most antinatalist deny their will, instead of succumbing to it.
>>
>>26272349
Why the assumption that it'd say no ?
>>
If anything, this thread is proof of how normie-infested this board has become. A normie will never understand antinatalism because they believe society's pro-reproduction propaganda so completely and unquestioningly that the idea that someone wouldn't agree with it is utterly incomprehensible to them. That's why all they can respond with is "it's just natural", "it's just how it is", "I have the right to do this because I just do, that's how it's always been", etc. Only someone who's never fit in well question if society could be fundamentally wrong about something like this.
>>
>>26270535
It's schopenhauerian garbage, children suffer and children flourish, pain and pleasure are different intensities of the same sensation.

There is no way of knowing the nature of non-existence and peace is not preferable to war even if it were a peaceful existence. Strife is the ultimate justice.
>>
>>26272568
antinatalists btfo
>>
>>26270535

Antinatalism is horse shit

I've read several books on the topic

It is justification for failure and fear

Embracing your primal urges and keeping them satisfied is the secret to happiness

Believe it or not, this involves having children

So don't get your balls snipped yet. Wait at least 10 years
>>
>>26272568
Why the assumption that it'd say yes?
>>
>>26272585
I'm against it dumbass
>>
>>26272569
Don't start. There's been a lot of good discussion from both sides. Well somewhat...mostly AN's getting btfo

>>26272349
>You can't, that's why it's immoral

That's like saying you can't disprove God therefore he exists. Try a little harder.
>>
>>26272618
Learn how quoting works you damn redditor.

>>26272600
Consent is your ultimate argument so you should answer the question.
>>
>>26272600
I think it's likely that little nothing wants to be something
>>
>>26271885
No they just come to the white people and have them pay for it.

>>26270535
At some point I'm a mammal and I just want to reproduce. It's the reason why we're made with funny parts that have sex. I want to make a kid and get in the same line with all the people that came before me, that allowed my existence, and pass that on to someone who'll live after me.
Borders on ancestor worship but fine by me. My whole family was fucking based.
>>
>>26272682
So you enjoy life?
Why are you here?
>>
>>26270535
I just fucking hate kids and would rather castrate myself with a wooden spoon than become a parent
>>
>>26272742
I'm not that guy, but I'm curious. Would YOU have """""""""""said no"""""""""" to life?
>>
>>26272789
Not that poster either but I'd have said yes. Mind that it includes a rape and me being fucked in the head forever because of it but there are too many amazing things here.
>>
>>26270535
That's a dead-end philosophy.

When they develop a way to transfer a persons consciousness into a new human body, then I'll agree with it. People will make their choice to continue on.
Until we run out of consciousnesses to transplant, of course.
>>
It seems stupid.
So my parents decision to have a kid was immoral because I did not/could not consent. As it stands now, I am happy with how my life has turned out. Sure, it hasn't all been perfect, but the positives (family, friends, alchohol) i feel far outweigh the negatives. (Bullied at school, poor to the point of being homeless for a year)
If my parents had done the "moral" thing and not had me they would have essentially denied life to some one who would have wanted to be born.

So if you would all be kind enough to stop being stupid and using morals as if it doesn't just mean "i think that x is bad or good" then maybe this thread could be interesting.
>>
>>26272742
>enjoy life ?
The world is a little bit fucked up for my taste but ultimately yes, I enjoy life

>why are you here ?
Because I exist and therefore can do stuff :)
>>
>>26272789
It wouldn't have mattered coz he was nothing
>>
Well if you're not a Chad/STacy pair. That means top 5% of male population and at least top 25% of female population, you shouldn't have children, because their life is going to be shit. But if you have children irregardless, you shouldn't expect anything good from them.
>>
>>26270535
Enjoy having this pathetically faux-philosophical attitude to a vital human function, just because you're either too pathetic to find a suitable mate OR too much of a self-centred faggot.

Also, enjoy circlejerking eachother with idiotic life views while negros and sand-niggers spawn 5 children, on average, and slowly invade Europe and decimate the European culture.
>>
File: 1412469423037.jpg (36KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1412469423037.jpg
36KB, 400x343px
>>26272810
>>26272880
>r9k is so normie nowadays the average posters wants to live
truly the board is dead
>>
>>26273083
And yet you're still alive
>>
>>26273145
Yes, because I'm so pathetic I can't even bring myself to suicide
and partly because I want to spare others the suffering I had experienced
>>
>>26273083
It's as simple as killing yourself. If you really wanted to die you've had plenty of chances.
This board has no topic, it is just a slower /b/. Fuck off with your dilusional ownership.
>>
I am antinatalist because :
The profusion human beings only harms the environment and fauna. It increases wealth/income inequality among people.

Procreation has no benefit to me besides satisfying my natural urges and my ego. It will not prolong my life, improve my health.

Raising children is a Sisyphean feat in our society. Everything in our culture is against children's essential needs for developing into healthy adults.

More on the last point:
Modern politics and popular social thought has hollowed out the concept of identity. It conflates things like race and sex with identity and forces everyone into restrictive groups. Then people are expected to toe the party line for their little group or ousted and harrassed. It uses that to promulgate stated equality rather than actual equality so people are beholden to moral relativism and political correctness.

How is a child supposed to form a strong, healthy identity when everything from race, sex, country etc are treated as mercurial and subjective? Now people can just think they are a new gender and demand everyone acknowledge their imagined reality. Reality is no longer based on facts that everyone can plainly see. Instead everyone's subjective reality is forced onto others. How can people have any idea of who they are and who others are when every interaction is a game of Calvinball?
>>
>>26271586
>No one has the right to make that choice on the behalf of someone else
There *IS NO* someone else to consult until after the decision is made and that is not certain.
You are arguing it it wrong to not open a door before it exists, or that it is immoral to make a chair if that chair will someday break unless you ask the chair before the tree the wodd comes from grows.
Ridiculous.
>>
>>26271351
>Does an olympic level athlete pushing himself to be stronger to compete 'suffer'?
>Yes
He isn't though. No one is forcing him to train hard, he is training on his own volition. If someone held a gun up to his fucking head and "said run nigger run, if you don't get gold I'll blow your brains out" he would be suffering.
>3) The majority of people report that the are happy with their lives. An overwhelming majority. This means people, even the desperately poor and the disabled, report that the good in their life outweighs the bad. This indicates that Reality disagrees with the Theory of anti-natalists.
That's a cultural thing. Many cultures shame and ostracize those not satisfied with their situation, as it's consider impolite to say you are NOT happy.
>humans will fight *hard* to continue life even in the face of great pain, showing that in Reality people hold positive value to existence.
.Because we are hard wired too, it takes A LOT of will power to self terminate. Suicide is already a moot point anyway, since you're already here.
>>
>>26270535

There's too many fucking people on this planet. Hopefully more and more people start adopting these sorts of views.
>>
>>26275461
The people who probably should be thinking like this will never think like this, because it requires them to not immediately act on their base survival instincts.
>>
If the belief that death is returning to a peaceful state of non-existence wouldn't the philosophy surrounding this also promote prompt self-termination? On the merit of avoiding suffering any individual who is brought into the world can end their life at any point in time with little trouble.
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>If children were brought into the world by an act of pure reason alone, would the human race continue to exist? Would not a man rather have so much sympathy with the coming generation as to spare it the burden of existence, or at any rate not take it upon himself to impose that burden upon it in cold blood?

-- Arthur Schopenhauer, Studies in Pessimism: The Essays
>>
>>26270778
Realize this is what you get for wanting to be the first sperm, learn from this mistake and become a NEET
>>
Think of all the terrible things that could happen to your child. Rape, torture, disease, etc. Regardless of how good a parent you are and how protective you are, these things may still happen (and do all the time). The only way to secure a world without suffering is by refusing to reproduce.
>>
>>26272871
That's not the point you stupid fuck. Just because your little life turned out alright doesn't mean millions of others won't suffer
>>
>>26271119
Nice argument normie faggot
>>
>>26270535
only white people give a shit about anti-natalism so it will inevitably end up creating a world of non-whites which will probably cause more misery desu
>>
>>26270535
>"Good goy! Don't breed! Let Jamal and Ahmed breed instead of you, no need for white babies!" the ideology
>>
>>26273005
It has nothing to do with "finding a mate" or whatever. Life is brutal and miserable, and there is no reason to continue propagating it. The potential suffering your children may endure is absolutely mind boggling
>>
>>26275461
The idea isn't less people, the idea is no people
>>
>>26275369
>Suffering is only suffering if it furthers my argument
Weak
>People lie about being happy
Suuuure they do
>I am going to ignore the facts
Yeah, that's obvious
>>
>>26278070
Are you seriously going to deny the incredible amount of human suffering in this world? Take your head out of your ass
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.