[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get on SSRIs? What will they do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: url-1.jpg (9KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
url-1.jpg
9KB, 264x191px
Should I get on SSRIs? What will they do
>>
how should we know? you didnt even say anything about yourself
>>
In my experience they turned me into a zombie, feeling neutral all the time, no happiness, no sadness, feeling like 5/10 all the time. I did get mood swings and they did help stabilize that desu senpai.
>>
>>26268305
make you want to kill yourself
>>
File: 1364877749867.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1364877749867.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
200mg of Sertraline (Zoloft) here.

>tired all day
>loss of libido
>great difficulty reaching orgasm
>no more intrusive thoughts and don't dwell on the past as much
>fixed anxiety
>fixed irrational fears, paranoia and such
>feel even deader inside
>thoughts about killing myself attributed to rational thought and not fleeting emotion
>night sweats

The initial side effects are the worst, especially bruxism but otherwise unless you plan on being on them for the rest of your life, you need therapy along side it as they won't achieve much on their own and can leave you with lifelong effects.
>>
>>26268823
I had a similar experience. I went many years without an erect penis though, I'm hardly exaggerating maybe like once a week i fapped while on it

also now that im off i dont have ocd as much as i did before i went on which was when i was 12, and my ocd was ruining my familys life
>>
>>26268823
this is what happened to me on celexa / citalopram
felt absolutely nothing, just mediocre sobriety, and even worse what little libido I had before the meds was wiped out completely

but you know, society and "professionals" think we need to be medicated just enough that we don't kill ourselves, otherwise the normies would not have anyone to compare their selves to to feel better about their own pointless lives
>>
File: 1451979840823.jpg (391KB, 500x994px) Image search: [Google]
1451979840823.jpg
391KB, 500x994px
>start Setraline (Zoloft) at 13 because of OCD
>stops intrusive thoughts
>continue taking it until late last year
>depression has been getting worse and worst for the last year and a half so doctor suggests new medication
>agree because I'm sick of not being able to cum unless I jerk myself off
>switch to Welbutrin
>haven't gotten laid in months so no idea if the side-effect is gone
>anxiety and depression still running high
>not sure if it's helping much except that I feel more emotion now then before
I really just want to be off medication at this point. The only thing that turns my depression off is marijuana and I can't smoke that anymore because I want a better job. Not to mention I keep seeing people here talk about how shitty SSRI's are in general which makes me want off them even more.
>>
Took Welbutrin for 6 months
>placebo effect helped mood
>still drank heavy
>bad for liver
>drinking turned me manic every time
>>
I've gone extremely bipolar since I started taking SSRIs. As in, one day I'd be full of hope and optimism, the next I'd miserable and suicidal. And back and forward and back and forward for weeks at a time.

I honestly don't know if I'd recommend them or not. I'd highly suggest start eating right, doing exercise, socializing, doing new hobbi- hahaha, who am I kidding.
>>
File: 1452544946085.jpg (140KB, 611x542px) Image search: [Google]
1452544946085.jpg
140KB, 611x542px
>>26268305

They were mostly positive for me. They elevated my base mood and stabilized me, and for the most part eliminated my anxiety too. Fun things feel more fun again too.

I didn't get any of the side effects like broken dick people here keep mentioning.
>>
>>26268305
> get zoloft
> read side effects
> nope.jpg
> read natural alternatives
> take st.johns wort
> pretty good effects
> no side effects
coming off for a week to see what happens. been off last few days and seem to be playing vidya on r9k again and not giving a fuck about life, so probably not great..

>>26270869
> start eating right, doing exercise, socializing, doing new hobbi- hahaha, who am I kidding
i do this, start to feel like i can go into the world again, then i cant think of anything thats worth the effort or not empty. guess i went too zen/stoic and now im a wasteman
>>
File: 2015Kenedy-VforMania10.jpg (438KB, 718x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015Kenedy-VforMania10.jpg
438KB, 718x1080px
>prescribed prozac
>cool dreams
>life and colours seemed brighter

>got bored, said it didnt work wanted to try effexor

>get effexor, dimished jizz amount (whatever)
>extra focus

>quit effexor

>try cipralex
>literally no effect

pic related, me taking life into my own hands after years of trying legal and illegal drugs to solve my problems.
>>
>>26271056
describe how effexor feel like
a doctor told me i should take effexor but im too scared to go back see one to get a prescriptio
and also effexor seems scary as fuck
can it give me motivation and help me concnetrate?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.