[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start a new religion. I think all current religions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

I want to start a new religion. I think all current religions have failed humanity. Atheism also completely fails us. Who's in?
>>
You're posting on /r9k you can't be charismatic enough to be a cult leader.
>>
File: nebula-void.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nebula-void.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>26265225

You'll never capture me alive OP
>>
All religions are the same
Concepts may be different but the effects they have are interchangeable
No thanks mister frog

I'll stick with the semi-blind stumbling that is called "science"
>>
I don't think you have the social skills or follow though to actually do it but I am willing to listen to what you have so far.

Just understand where you are and that you will be ridiculed.
>>
>>26265225
I was thinking of just making a religion for tax evasion purposes
fellow robots could chip and we could buy a compound tax free and live there on neet bux with out giving a cent back

every member would be part of the clergy so all out living expenses could be tax free
>>
>>26265253
>All religions are the same
Incorrect in even the most general of ways.
The only way they are the same is that they fit under the very general definition of religion.
>Concepts may be different
so they are diffrent to you
>but the effects they have are interchangeable
I would normally point out how that is not true ether but instead I will point out that being "interchangeable" does not make them the same by any means.

Not even a theist, just pointing out that you are being dumb and don't actually know what you are talking about.
>>
So whats your big idea/revelation OP?
>>
>>26265273
I don't think it's developed enough to give a summary that would do it justice. But it's opposed to nihilism, cynicism and self-absorption, while promoting compassion, optimism and good mental health. Actual belief in a God isn't necessary, but is also welcome.
>>
>>26265225
Seriously, the time is ripe for a new world religion. Someone needs to get on this shit ASAP
>>
Want to become the knights of /r9k/ with me and some other people? We could have our own religion then to be our cause, which is actually just a way to attract women to our power.
>>
>>26265361
I wholeheartedly agree. The atheism phase is so unhealthy mentally and socially, but modern world religions are also very toxic.
>>
>>26265346
Well that is too vage to really say much about.

Is it based on, or inspired by, or similar to anything?
Or do you think it is somehow completely original in every way?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x559px
>>26265225
Surrender your will to Allah. It's the right thing to do.
>>
>>26265378
Ideally I think it would be more of a philosophy then a religion, providing a set of rules and beliefs that people can follow, as well as a sense of community. I'm pretty sure you could get quite a few converts among the young, dissatisfied people of the internet.
>>
don't bother, op. best case scenario, it takes off and spreads. its good for maybe 2 generations before it leads to the usual bullshit.
>>
>>26265434
Man it's starting to sound like new age woo...
>>
>>26265430
It's not completely original. Christianity definitely has a lot of the same ideas. It's just that I'd like members to be able to recognize each other and trust that they follow the same moral code without the manipulative nature that surrounds Christianity. You have to earn your membership. I don't really know, I literally just came up with this shit half an hour ago. I'm completely open to suggestions. Now I see how easy it is for cults to become corrupt.
>>
>>26265456
No, none of that bullshit. It would have to be grounded in reality and able to fit with the laws of science. Something like Buddhism, for example.
>>
>>26265434
Yeah you're getting it. It's specifically aimed at that group, too. The community part is very important.
>>
>>26265498
Know that Buddhist terrorists exist. Also Tibet was just the best of places to live under the Dalai lama right?
>>
>>26265225
If religions have to be created is because their gods are made up too
Atheism wins
>>
>>26265535
But that's just it, if you're a terrorist then you inherently fail to keep to the ideas of your presumably peace-loving religion. I know it's a cliche to say "he's not a true christian/muslim/whatever" but it's kind of true. That's why I think you need to earn your membership and prove you truly believe, understand and practice the core beliefs of compassion etc.
>>
>>26265498
>Something like Buddhism,
>able to fit with the laws of science.
Nigger you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
If you think buddhism exclusively is the western zen that tries to dance around the blatant supernatural elements in Buddhism is reverent to actual practicing Buddhist around the world then you need to learn more.
>>
>>26265535
Obviously all religions can be corrupted. But as a whole Buddhism is pretty nonviolent and calm. It also has great appeal to many people, and there are millions who follow its teachings in monasteries around the world. Something similar to that could be very attractive to many of the youth that feel left out from society, and ultimately let them lead better lives.
>>
>>26265588
The no true scotsman fallacy is still a fallacy. Hell Potala Palace had pits full of scorpions to toss people in for torture. Sounds Buddhist doesn't it?
>>
>>26265535
The only major group I can think of religious or otherwise that has never had a member of it commit some kind of terrorism is Jainism.

Also that does not mean their is anything actually in Buddhism that supports or condones terrorism or other acts of aggression. But people will be people regardless of what their religion says.
>>
>>26265645
Sure lets put our youth to great use by making them do nothing but meditate . As for the people who follow some of its teachings, the people like that who i have met are such losers its not funny.
>>
>>26265621
Fair enough. That's part of the reason Buddhism itself wouldn't work for this new religion. Too much spiritism and superstition. But the core of Buddhism, which is arguably about stopping suffering through self mastery and awareness, is really quite pragmatic. Something along those lines-an ideology that is useful as well as making people feel as if they have a greater purpose- is what I think could work.
>>
>>26265684
Their is nothing in buddism that supports such actions though.
Just because someone who is Buddhist does something bad does not mean that it is approved of in Buddhism.
>>
>>26265749
The Dalai lama supported it since it was built in his palace....But what the heck does the dalai lama know about Buddhism
>>
>>26265225
I'm seriously in and I'd like it to be a religion that appeals to robots where everyone is promised to get laid
>>
>>26265720
What I'm talking about is starting a completely new religion, unrelated to buddhism. I used it as an example because I believe it has a few key things that have made it very successful, and those same things can be applied to a new religion. Meditation is not one of the things I would incorporate, at least not meditation of any length.
>>
>>26265727
There are old Greek philosophies that cover that too.

Mainly the negative hedonism of epicureanism and the total mastery of the self through stoicism.

Going to bet some dumbass is going to be triggered by the word hedonism without understanding context
>>
>>26265225
Have you looked into the cult of Kek, OP? If not it may be worth investigating. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone and getting ready sleepy time.
>>
>>26265825
mandatory asmr watching before bedy bye, fapping multiple time per day, and visiting /sci/.
>>
>>26265774
Tibetan Buddhism is actually pretty far off from the more popular sects like Theravada or Mahayana. Just because westboro church is crazy doesn't mean all Christians have the same beliefs
>>
>>26265774
Blatant appeal to authority.

Show me where in Buddhist holy text such actions are supported and I will agree with you. Otherwise you have not disprove my point.
>>
>>26265833
Witnessed. Kek is with us
>>
Chadism. Listen to the words of Chad to reach Alpha.
>>
I want to start a religion I call the Church of Psychonautica where the Earth (Terra) is worshipped as a being and creator of our lives and all life. Anything that can be made from her is free to be used. All drugs are encouraged to be used to experience differences in perception. Really I just want to do drugs with impunity and religion seems like the way to go since you are allowed to break the law for religious purposes. I just really want to do drugs
>>
>>26265908
Well, you're honest.
>>
>>26265908
>Really I just want to do drugs with impunity and religion seems like the way to go since you are allowed to break the law for religious purposes. I just really want to do drugs
I too want to do this
just dropping acid in a giant underground religious compound
>>
>>26265955
Well I'd also like to implement my beliefs and shit and encourage advancement of society as a whole which a lot of other religions seem to not want to do but yeah. Also drugs.
>>
>>26265877
The incarnation of Chenrezig is the authority in Tibetan Buddhism. He is the authority.
>>
>>26265988
Will there be drugs involved?
>>
>>26265976
That's the spirit brother. Join the Church of Psychonautica and free your mind.
>>
>>26265997
After careful consideration I have decided that yes drugs will indeed be involved.
>>
Because taking copious amounts of psychoactive drugs is a sure fire way to advance society. Though soma is tasty and better than religion.
>>26266006
That's implying drugs don't hijack your mind instead of freeing it.
>>
A topic I often think about but know I would never be able to pull off.

Mainly because
1. I don't write shit down so I often forget things and have to re-"epiphany" them all over again
and
2. I have shit social skills so I cant
a. come up with things relevant to what is extremely important to most normal people (interpersonal relationships)
b.cant spread my ideas effectively even if I think they are good and others could benefit from them.
3. the lack of supernatural elements mean it is more of a code, and this does not appeal to most people.
4. despite the lack of supernatural elements there are still religious rituals and even "prayers".
5. does not have a name or set iconography yet
>>
>>26266047
I think that the fact that our generation is so inclined towards atheism that a "Code" is what we need. I mean, the way things are going, we don't really have any base, widely accepted moral code outside of religion.

You don't need to come up with the entire religion yourself, m8. You can contribute like everyone else.
>>
>>26266032
In the Church of Psychonautica use of drugs is permitted, not required. To each their own of course. However I view drugs as a way to see things differently. Obviously with addiction and whatnot all drugs aren't for everyone. We here at the Church encourage people to free their mind any way they see fit be it using a substance to help, meditation, exercise, what have you.
>>
>>26266069
There needs to be some sort of figurehead though, almost all religions had a prophet or a leader. I don't see it working without one.
>>
>>26266094
Danny Devito
>>
>>26266069
Were I live religion is still important, plus most people "grow into" or become more religious over time around here.

Without some level of authority most don't give a shit about codes.
>>
>>26266094
Being overly reliant on a leader in a religion doesn't seem like a good idea. A central figure seems to screw it up at one point or another.
>>26266104
that would be fun
>>
>>26266094
How about the Earth? No one thinks of the Earth like that but it is the creator of life. No more ridiculous than the idea of God. Worship the mother earth. Take care of her.
>>
>>26266134
The earth is just a planet, nothing special about that
>>
>>26266142
Well its the reason you're here. Also not necessarily the Earth itself but all life on it as one universal consciousness sort of idea thing. I want to do drugs under the guise of it being for religious purposes but I also think I can come up with a legit religion in the process.
>>
>>26266142
Thats a pretty cynical way of thinking. Earth is pretty incredible.
>>
>>26266120
>Being overly reliant on a leader in a religion doesn't seem like a good idea. A central figure seems to screw it up at one point or another.
It is necessary for it to spread and keep a level of orthodoxy.
No leader means fuck tons of random splits and wild interpretations.
You want, at least in the early days, some level of order and unity. A central figure that has final say in what is and is not correct in a new religion is needed.
A alternative is a small "elite" counsel that has final say. But you need SOMEONE to have the final say or it will devolve into special snowflake new age bullshit.
>>
>>26266167
That It is brother. We in the Church of Psychonautica believe Terra should be taken care of for giving us the gift of life.
>>
I was coming up with a religion for a game.
It revolved around the idea that all human beings were the same consciousness and that we were only "different" due to our environment. Basically you and i were the same being but experiencing life from an alternate perspective, we are essentially clones that grew up in different continents.
On the subject of an afterlife, you'd continue to exist via everyone else. Since you in essence are consciousness itself, you would still be around so long as living things were around and conscious. you'd just be unaware of what you really were.
>>
File: pepepope.jpg (175KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
pepepope.jpg
175KB, 1024x682px
That would be fun. I'm in.

As a schizo NEET I have many fun hyper religious psychotic experiences I could draw from.

I know it's (probably) just psychosis, but it definitely felt like talking to God and get to know deeper truths about life.

But yeah.. I'm volunteering as prophet for this new religion of yours!
>>
>>26266233
I am not high enough for this. Thats actually excellent. We're all a consciousness.
>>
>>26266252
Well most of the ideas are ether non-theist or pantheist type ideas of god so I am not sure how useful that would be. But you are welcome to the discussion.
>>
The frog is the religion.
>>
>>26266233
That may work for a game world where that could actually be true in lore, but I know too much about natural differences in biology and things related to genetics for that not to sound dumb to me if you tried to apply the same logic to the real world.
>>
>>26266325
In the real world you could see it as:
we all have the same "soul" and it's experiencing life through the mechas that are our bodies.

Think clones of you that just randomly pop into the planet but they don't know they're you and they look infinitely different from you, only thing that is similar is that you're all the same "soul" or being or consciousness at the mercy of existence's randomness.
>>
>>26266325
You could talk about soul or life energy. Not too supernatural to mamy people. However the religion would have to have more details because sofar the concept doesn't influence people in everyday life. It should somehow solve the question of suffering and happines imo
>>
Anti-free will religion
>>
>>26266413
Yea basically what this guy says.
>>
>>26266028
will the centerpiece of the religion be the habitual practice of playing Soggy Biscuit?
>>
>>26266461
Well no not really but it wouldn't be forbidden. Sexuality is free to explore in the Church of Psychonautica
>>
>>26266284
Well here's my schizo take on things:

What if we all were Gods but in disguise as humans. Before we were born we wrote the script to life and blocked our memories to make life more immersive. Some of us stayed behind life, to orchestrate it all and keep the code running, while some of us are playing this immersive video game, but in reality it's just us, no god in a christian sense.

There are certain techniques in which we can communicate with these source coders of reality, our former selves, but it's a hard thing to do cause they don't think in language like we do, only in high math, as they are in a realm outside of time and space, and not really alive, but kind of like a mathematical concept so complex it became conscious. If we want to communicate with the source coders of reality we need to do so on a symbolic level, this is where it gets complicated though..

Now while living, we are constantly watched by these coders of reality, bets are made on how we do in life, and the spectators even form fan clubs around you, if you're an interesting person. After you die, if you have enough fans that know how to code life, they will code an awesome afterlife for you where you can have whatever you want with them reading your will and every wish, before you can even form the thought. Or you can join the team and become a spectator of life yourself, or you can become something else entirely something that can't be comprehended by the living yet so no use to talk about it.

But basically in this religion we'd worship ourselves as gods and use a lot of computer based metaphors to make sense of things, as we are pretty much living in an mmorpg running on a quantum computer (or so I was told).
>>
The Church of the BBC
All praise to the god-cock, amen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRgCpe0NFi4
>>
>>26266521
My thoughts when I read your post in green text

>Who would worship the British Broadcasting Corporation
>All praise to the god-cock
wait, what
>BBC
>C stands for cock
>thinking
>thinking
>what dumbass shit is popular when it comes to cocks these days
>probably something to do with clucking no doubt
>That usually involves black people
>That would be one of the Bs
>Wait I got it
>Big black cock
>oh, that nigga gay
>>
Well I'm gonna write a bible of sorts and flesh out my Church of Psychonautica idea. Wish me luck. If it becomes a thing you heard it here first
>>
>>26266047
Why not keep a note book with you at all times and try to write little bits an pieces as they come to you and freshest.

Then one day when you are really feeling it you can sit down and and really try and hammer it out.

Once you have something more detailed writen down I guess you could try to work shop it here, or maybe another board like /x/, /lit/ or even /pol/ or /b/.
>>
>>26267038
Not a bad idea. Will try it for a little and see if I get anywhere with it.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.