[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/poorfag/ room thread. Fellow poorfags, let's compare

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x1458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x1458px
/poorfag/ room thread.

Fellow poorfags, let's compare bedrooms and discuss noneconimic reasons we hate ourselves.
>>
>>26261271
have you considered raising your mattress off the ground?
>>
>>26262396
Also, have you considered raising your computer off the ground?
>>
>>26261271
call me retarded, but that looks kind of comfy
>>
>>26262414
It sure is, if you love cockroaches entering your mouth during night.
>>
>>26261271

>using sheet as curtain
>doing poor the right way
>>
>>26261271
where do you live?

just out of curiousity
>>
>>26261271

>dat hipster floor mattress
>dem white painted hardwoods

So close OP, and yet... so very far
>>
>>26262435
What is boric acid?
What is raising your mattress off the ground?
>>
>>26262458
I use a sheet as a curtain because I live next a motel parking lot, lights on 24/7, like the sun never sets
>>
>>26261271
>not living in a big 1980's era work van or squatting

Lrn2poorfag
>>
>>26262479

But serious:
> can of paint. Do walls and floor again
> thin white fabric, cut out curtain
> replace yellow shitbox with wood crate
> find ancient wood desk at thrift store
> grow two houseplants in tin cans
> aspirational blanket
> hang wall art made by stoned roommates
> pile of books in the corner about yoga and real deep stuff
> $25 record player and $0.50 LPs from the thrift store

you'll be rolling in hipster pussy
>>
>>26262544
You forgot
>plywood and cinder clocks to raise mattress of the ground.
>chair from thrift store.
>boric acid to kill roaches
>>
>>26262544

white paint btw

really brightens the room
>>
File: img_4506.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
img_4506.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Here's mine, its only temporary though
>>
>>26263041
Is that a room or a walk-in closet? Looks pretty suspicious brah.
>>
How did you guys get this poor? Where do you guys live (a house?) and how much money do you guys earn? Curious tbqh.
>>
>>26263072
Both, renting it out from an old lady who's a friend of my moms. Its close to my school.
>>
>>26261271
Mines so bad I refuse to show it
>>
>>26263304
pls show
Bloxbloxbloxblox vrvt hybtvtv
>>
>>26263286
How do I find shit like that? I want to live in la and I assume I'll be in a room like that
>>
File: 1372911871531.png (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1372911871531.png
78KB, 800x800px
My room actually looks acceptable because I got a bed from my brother and brought in some nightstands I found on the street.

If I didn't get a bed from my brother I'd be sleeping on a cot or something.

I have schizoaffective disorder, which fills me with suicidal thoughts all the time.
>>
>>26263366
It makes all these look like fancy castles
>>
>>26261271
>too poor for subpar housing
>has an iPhone
Every time
>>
>>26261271
I've been there, and I'll share a tip:

> Craigslist is your friend.

Every hour of every day people are giving away free shit that you can use. Free desks. Free beds, couches, chairs, lamps. Free. Just keep an eye on it all the time and reply as quick as you can (I recommend a copy pasta form letter). It might take a couple weeks but you'll have some decent furniture in no time and you'll feel a lot more like a human being.
>>
>>26263390
It can't be as bad as that guy who lived in a cave and had a giant shrek hand
>>
>>26263428
This I watched 2 people moved into an apartment and used the uhaul they rented to pick up free shit

We live near an army base and they're always giving away shit because they're leaving quick
>>
>>26263428
How did you get out of poverty? Also did you live in an apartment or a shack? What about a shower?
>>
File: 1372741594954.png (14KB, 346x299px) Image search: [Google]
1372741594954.png
14KB, 346x299px
I would show but there's drug paraphernalia everywhere and I don't want one of the mods to call the cops on me or something.

Here's a fun life-tip: mental illness and drugs should never go together.
>>
>>26263406
You say that but I'd rather have a good smart phone than a nice bed or room.

It's the most important tool of our time.
>>
>>26263483
I don't think they give a shit about your drug stuff. Just put a blanket over it
>>
>>26263428
I lived in a basement with another student. I had the 'bedroom', really just a big closet, and he slept on the couch in the living room.

Our shower was actually so disgusting it couldn't be cleaned. We showered at the YMCA (membership at the Y is mandatory if you're broke).

As for getting out of poverty, I begged, borrowed, and lied to get enough money to get through school. Two years in a trades program. All it takes is that piece of paper and a winning smile, and I went from minimum wage to $60,000 a year.
>>
File: FYR0BHXHVS1GDQU.MEDIUM.jpg (48KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FYR0BHXHVS1GDQU.MEDIUM.jpg
48KB, 620x465px
>>26263372
Are you that guy from effay?
Don't move to LA, I live in San Diego and I can assure you that LA is the most demeaning city in the world, it is literally a town where everyone is so materialistic and narcissistic that it will make you question human life
>>
>>26263533
What do you do?
Bloxbloxbloxblox fghcfjbf
>>
>>26263649
I trained as a software developer, but I'm doing data analysis at the moment.

I'm not rich, and I've got a mountain of debt, but I have a nice cosy apartment, some nice furniture and I can eat whenever I want. That's enough for me to get through this life.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.jpg (6KB, 216x185px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
6KB, 216x185px
>>26263715
I don't know why but this reply and thread in general reminds me of old r9k before the deletion

It's a comfy feeling, I like you guys
>>
>>26264485
Glad to be of service. :)

It sucks being poor, and it sucks when you don't have an out. It's not easy to get an education. But it's worth it. Nobody knows that three years ago I was sleeping on a matress on the ground, or that I'd fill up a 2 liter of water at the Y to bring home because they'd cut off the water.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.