[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey buddy, can I borrow like $200-$500? I promise it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 4488056_orig.jpg (35KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
4488056_orig.jpg
35KB, 440x300px
>Hey buddy, can I borrow like $200-$500? I promise it's a one time thing, and ill pay you back by summer. Im def not the borrowing money type.

What do you do?
>>
>>26256652
NO
that's shitload money in my country minimal monthly wage is 400$
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453257239372.jpg (40KB, 960x444px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453257239372.jpg
40KB, 960x444px
If it was a very close friend and lending that kind of money wouldn't destroy me and ONLY it was for an extreme situation and I would have to monitor over what the money is being spent on

I can think of a couple people I've been friends with for over 10 years I'd say yes to
>>
ok. 25% interest.
>>
>>26256652
is the person asking your mother, brother or father or grandparent?

say no.

even if you think they're a super close friend something bad can happen to them to make them not pay you back and it will always be a problem

money soils relationships.
the number one rule to remember when lending money is to look at it as lost money. if you can afford to lose that money then go ahead, but dont ever lend money out that you will need back
>>
>>26256652

Well, offer me an interest rate, buddy.

>my dad would do this just for the service of safeguarding my kid savings in pickpocket areas
>>
>>26256652
Draw up a legally binding contract with terms & penalties we can negotiate.
>>
>>26257050
My mom asked me to help with one car payment few weeks ago. I'd get paid back during the tax refund but if it turns out she doesnt pay me back, I'm not going to help out with that shit again.
>>
>>26256652
>sorry man I'm really tight right now

500$ is a month's work of wageslavery in my country, and I'm not just going to give them away to some faggot.
Always assume people aren't going to return you the money.
>>
>>26257145
good.
but it's more than likely she will, most moms would which is why i list them as an exception

but regardless of exceptions, once bitten twice shy
>>
>>26257098
Still, for 500$ nothing works.
What are you going to do? Sue?

You'll just have to beat the shit out of them (if you can) and hope they'll actually return them.
>>
>>26256652

Sure man, pay me back if you can.

A few hundred bucks isn't much money. And I never lend money to a friend and expect to be paid back. If I am, that's great, if I'm not, it was a gift.
>>
>>26257050
>Mom asks to borrow 2k, said she can pay 1k back the next day. This was last October
>Still hasn't given me anything
I mean, yes it's my mother so I should just accept it, but it still fucking pisses me off. I was saving that shit up.
>>
>>26257211
jesus fucking christ what is with your moms?

my mom would fucking sell her entire wardrobe, her jewellery etc to pay me back without me having to ask she has so much pride.

she would never even fucking ask me for money ever. I'd give it to her with both hands, but she'd never ask for it. Even if i cover her for like a fiver and she brings it up and i tell her to forget about it she gets mad and looks for change to pay me back
>>
>>26257211
>>26257265
Oh wait I meant to say it was 2.8k, oops.
I envy you robot. I guess I don't blame her considering I didn't have a job (but I did have some sort of income to pay for my food and transportation) so I couldn't really pay for any of the bills or my schooling, was living at home for free. Once I got a job I had to start paying for rent, cable/internet, some of the electricity and my college.
Is this not normal? I figured it was.
>>
>>26257211
>2k
for fucking what???
>>
Draw up a loan and have it signed by a notary then have him read the terms and if he agrees then have him sign it.

Preferable with compounding interest but if not then a fixed interest rate an a item of legal collateral so I don't have to break his legs or something when he fails to pay it off.

If he does not agree to terms or has no collateral then the most I would lend him is $50 on the understanding that if he did not pay be back in a timely fashion I would kick his ass or break something worth at least twice as much that he owns.

I don't loan to family or to close friends, but I don't have close friends and he ain't my family so I have no problem sharking him, ether legally or illegally.
>>
>>26257350
yeah its normal
i was on the track to go study at extremely good universities then got depressed, refused to leave the house and tried to kill myself so i'm now in a minimum wage retail job

as a 'punishment' for not going to university i'm now gouged out the ass for rent, pay for my own food, cook it myself, do my own laundry etc etc
which is reasonable i suppose, i'm an adult and all if i was living alone i'd do that shit anyway

but my brothers a year older and since he's at uni they do all that shit for him

if i didn't think i could take one last shot at education before bowing before a life of wageslavery i'd have moved out already
>>
>>26257265
most people here, regardless of whether they're aware of it or not, were raised by dysfunctional families.
Often highly dysfunctional families.

My mother always hinted that I should hurry up to get my degree so I can provide for her.
I felt it was my obligation for years. It was killing me inside.

I'm not surprised by anon's mom.
Mine would probably not even ask to borrow, she'd just talk about having to pay for something, she'd mention it over and over again hoping to hear "ok mom I'll pay it for you".

>>26257211
I hope you don't make that mistake again.
>>
>>26257019
compound or fixed?
>>
>>26257179
that is what small clams court and collateral is for.
>>
>>26257019
This, I can feel the usury in my veins
>>
>>26256652
Do I look like the fucking bank? piss off.
>>
File: 1410466492658.jpg (94KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1410466492658.jpg
94KB, 700x711px
>tfw someone who I considered a close friend in HS asked to borrow $200
>ask why
>he won't tell me
>say no
>he flips
>find out it's because he stole his parents credit card and bought a $200 dollar pair of headphones
>his parents grounded him for 2 months and took all his earnings from his job
>he never talked to me again

Fuck people.
>>
>>26256652
>sure. Just give me your TV/laptop/item of equal value

However OP, because of the way you phrased that, I'm 70% sure that your friend is addicted to Opiates and needs money for that. They all talk the same
>>
>>26257359
Dad asks to borrow 25k since the bank raised the down payment for his new house 1 day before signing. Pays me back in full 3 weeks later after moving shit around.
2k is not much
>>
>>26256901
At least it's minimal, not median like here.
>>
>>26256652
I'd say why the fuck are you asking me, i'm skint as a schneebly
>>
Guys, why not take away something meaningful like all the right shoes in a wardrobe except for one, so they are forced to pay you back?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.