[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you made any psychological breakthroughs recently, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: COsPj45WUAENLNP.jpg (43KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
COsPj45WUAENLNP.jpg
43KB, 540x539px
Have you made any psychological breakthroughs recently, /r9k/?

>realize that I have become emotionally callous and haven't felt any form of empathy for years
>realize this is why I don't see others as people, and instead as objects for my own benefit
>started feeling empathy again, now overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions, in particular guilt
>>
>>26254321
You sound like a guilty sociopath
>>
Yes.

Coffee makes me happy. I always drink some before interacting with people.
>>
>>26254342
>sociopath
I think a genuinely was a sociopath. It's going to take a lot of work to recover from that. I didn't even fucking realize it.
>>
>>26254342
That's kind of a contradiction :( it sounds like you were never really anything but a teenager to be honest :p signs of antisocial personality disorder don't show up until your twenty's or thirtys anyways:) and it takes years of therapy to fix :p
>>
>>26254381
Goddamn it I want to take what you're saying seriously but holy fuck stop using smilies.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>26254365
YOU BETTER, ASS!
>>
>>26254381
You are literally making shit up. People with antisocial personality disorder can feel guilty unless they are the terrifying paranoid or narcissistic kind, and symptoms can actually be seen in infants, and therapy does absolutely fuck all.
>>
>>26254321
I personally realized I had it this year and I'm 23 :p truth is you normalize every aspect of it because it's normal to you, you had it all your life :(
Looking back I never felt anything for anyone, not even as a kid, not even for my mother :( I liked fun people and I was really posesive of them :p I was rough and violent too :( but I didn't start bullying others until highschool :p.
If you have antisocial personality interacting with others is a chore because you can't relate to anything they say and you can't feel affection for them either :( dropping contact with everyone is easy :p worst part is that they demand you to understand them so you have to act like it you did
>>
>>26254495
Oh. He's shitposting every body. Move along.
>>
>>26254490
But you are wrong :( there are two types of antisocial people. There is psychopaths and sociopaths. A psychopath can't be cured because they have it from birth :( but a sociopath can be made to feel empathy with therapy :) but it takes a long time :(
Both can't feel either remorse not guilt :p
I think you Are pretty stupid and have no idea what you are talking about :( there is no paranoid type of antisocial :p
>>
>>26254321

What do you feel guilt over?

You don't sound like a sociopath. You sound like someone who needs a kindhearted support network and a good therapist.

If you've been shutting down and hurting people there's still time to make amends. Take responsibility for your actions by apologizing and building up the relationships you desire.

Practise avoiding misogyny if you've been objectifying people 2bh familia.
>>
>>26254528
Except I'm not :( symptoms can be seen in children but it can't be diagnosed until you are 18 :p
>>
>>26254612
Thanks for this, it's pretty spot on I think. I know 2 guys that really deserve an apology, I treated them like fucking trash.
>>
>>26254495
Yeah, sounds like you have it. The lack of attachment is key. A good way to ID antisocials is they fucking suck at language. There is no emotion behind their words. They speak almost entirely in cause and effect statements, often about food, sex, drugs. I personally hate these people because they are literally everything wrong with society. I think they should all move to Africa.
>>
>>26254321

what caused this empathetic breakthrough?
>>
>>26254648
I treated everyone like trash in highschool and I never even realized I did :( until a friend told me :p everyone hated me most of my life until I learned to act :p but I never felt bad about any of the things people got mad at me over:(
>>
Though up a pretty interesting guiding code or philosophy relateing to major aspects of life and ones palace in the world.
But ran into two problems. One, my lazy ass will probably never write them down so I will forget
And two, that I come to the conclusion that for it to be encompassing of all aspects it has to also relate to dealing with other people, but I don't and am a autist so I can't really come up with that part and expect it to be right.

Oh well.
>>
>>26254698
Brother flat out said that I dont feel empathy. It was something that I was worrying about for a few days before that and what he said confirmed it. It's a matter of actually imagining everything that's going through someone's head and how what they're thinking making them feels, and then feeling that yourself. After a while it becomes completely natural.

Fucking hell that sounds so robotic and psychopathic when I type it out like that.
>>
>>26254678
This is not true either :p were are you getting your facts :(
Psychopats are know for being smart and eloquent, sociopaths are known for being charming :) it comes really easy for me to make friends and get people's attention. It didn't when I was medicated tho :(
>>
>>26254321
Feel that i could indeed feel cold if needed, especially in a survival situation. i feel like my emotions would just switch off and have done in the past, i dont become edgy or any shit io just become numb, absolutely nothing
>>
>it is in human nature to fight. War is inevitable, but if you can control what we fight about we can avoid senseless violence
>Which is part of why sports exist. You are competing in a nonlethal fashion
>War unifies people. Though there are opposing sides, everyone on each side are strongly bonded together
>When you have zero reasons to fight, you will make up reasons. Consider third wave feminism. Feminists were suffering from ennui because they in fact have equal or more legal rights than men, so they created a new boogeyman to rally against. Same with african americans. They have to have an artificial enemy to unify the people
>Peace is stagnation. War inspires progress. People will continually work for better and better ways to defeat the enemy.
>>
>>26254790
That's why teenagers become rebellious too. The whole idea of "The Man" is the same thing. Us and them, really.
>>
>>26254732
Well if you feel bad about it you are not antisocial but you could have another condition I don't know about :) my father used to beat me all the time because I had no limits :( I was even medicated most of my life :( I remember feeling nothing but anger for a big chunk of it :p
Antisocial people feel no guilt or regret:p
>>
I realized that all my anger and edginess comes from being insecure about my intelligence and lack of education.
>>
>>26254732

Based on this it could be autistic, aspie, schizoid, schizotypal, PTSD, or avoident personality disorder
>>
>>26254732
Try mentalizing. It's a pretty effective cure for borderline personality. I read in one book that how psychopathic a person is is determined to an extent by how well they can mentalize. Full blown psychopaths are sort of like unconscious.
>>
>>26254941

what do you mean by mentalizing?
>>
>>26254321
This has literally what has happened to me recently. I've been a closet sociopath for years, but I recently tried to stop bending the will of other people to get what I want, and have started trying to understand them instead. I've been in the process of a number of internal changes after my father died this summer. Is it normal to change as a person when someone close to you dies? Even if they were a raging alcoholic that you didn't really love?
>>
>>26255044
Well if you are a pshopath no, its not :p unless your dad was the one person you felt attachment fowards ,:(
I personally cut contact with my mom for 2 years and even when she begged me to talk to hear I didn't felt like replying but when my best friend threatened to cut contact with me I cried and begged like a bitch
I'm not a psychopath tho, psychopath can't be cured at all :p
>>
I realized that being nice is worth a lot more than I used to think. And I heard on a radio show that "egotistical actions come from fear" and I think that's very true. Get rid of fear in your life and you feel immediately more positive and humble about yourself and everyone else.
>>
>>26255253
How in the fuck does one go about removing fear from their life?
>>
>>26254321
Yes I've been told that my depression is all made up.
>>
>>26255283

empowering themselves by taking responsibility for their actions instead of trying to control others so there's someone else to blame

can't fear everything if you believe you're in control of your choices and actions
>>
File: t0406hannibal-cast_feat2_5.jpg (72KB, 491x450px) Image search: [Google]
t0406hannibal-cast_feat2_5.jpg
72KB, 491x450px
>realized that i'm more of a Frederick Chilton than Hannibal or Will
>just an annoying pseudo-intellectual with nothing to add to anything
feels bad
>>
>>26255331
It's all in your head buddy.
>>
>>26255283
Well for me I like to think about what I'm afraid off when I wake up in the morning. Like failing school or not having a gf. Then I breathe deep and try to forget those fears and instead focus on concrete things happening in the present I can affect substantially--reading a textbook, doing some pushups, etc.
>>
>>26255391
Thanks for the tip my man
>>
>>26255574
No problem. Btw as dorky as it sounds I had this breakthrough by watching the Star Wars OT...take that for what you will
>>
>>26254969
I think he means being introspective, like a psychopath doesn't look inwardly often and just reacts.
>>
>>26254702
And this is why robots will never have a cult.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.