[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/. Ask a robot that lives on 100 hectares of land out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: hyttesverige.jpg (1MB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
hyttesverige.jpg
1MB, 2000x1400px
Hey /r9k/.

Ask a robot that lives on 100 hectares of land out in the forest anything! Im pretty bored right now since its winter and all i do is chopping wood and surfing the interwebs all day.

>Pic related

what my house kinda looks like
>>
How did you find it? I'm looking for such land myself.
>>
>>26253837
Can I come live with you and chop wood?
>>
File: PianoMan.jpg (16KB, 360x252px) Image search: [Google]
PianoMan.jpg
16KB, 360x252px
What kind of gains does chopping a ton of wood get you?
>>
>>26253837
How does one do this with no money?
>>
>>26253868

Bought the land ~2.5 years ago after working for several years + got some money from my family.

Land is pretty cheap where im at; Upper middle part of Sweden.

>>26253879
Not really taking people in from r9k sorry

>>26253904
Feel like my back has gotten a lot stronger. Also got some good leg and biceps gains from carrying wood around

>>26253921
find some cheap land in the US midwest i guess
>>
>>26253837
M8 I live above a fucking chemist and sum takeaway shit holes. Super jealous right now
>>
>>26253995
how do you stay afloat?
im sure internet/ utilities cost money
>>
>>26253995

I've got money but how did you FIND the land? All the rural/remote land in my country is owned by the government until some rich fuck burns the forest to claim the land
>>
>>26253837
Did you ever thought about kidnapping swedden qts :)? I mean how often does Swedish police show up around there :p?
>>
>>26254035
ty a chemist sounds pretty wierd
>>26254051
Utilities + taxes and food is the main costs.

Taxes is not that high + heat and water i get from a river and heat i get from wood. I have a system where i chop an area down each summer and then replant it the next so i always have wood for each winter.

Food is mainly for carbs since i fish and hunt, i buy a lot of rice and potatoes tho but they are pretty cheap. I might get into dumpster diving since i can get high value items then.

Money is mostly from selling off wood and I have another cabin that i rent out via Airbnb. + i still have some money invested in stocks that gives me a ok return.

>>26254075
Found the land using a realtor (if thats what its called in english, a guy selling land). Bought it from another private person not the goverment.

>>26254107
There is like one rural police officer. Nobody comes around i see maybe 1-3 car(s) a week on the road passing by my house (house is 500 meters from a road).
>>
>>26254245
sounds great. how do trees grow fast enough that you have wood every winter?

can you post some more pics?
>>
THIS IS MY DREAM

PLEASE OP, PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU WERE ABLE TO DO THIS
I'LL DO ANYTHING, DO I HAVE TO BUILD THE HOUSE MYSELF AND HAVE ALL THE MATERIALS? EVEN IF IT TAKES ME YEARS

HOW'D YOU GET NET AS WELL AND ABOUT HOW MUCH DID YOU SAVE UP IN CASH BEFORE GETTING OFF THE GRID

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR FOOD, HUNT?
>>
>>26253837
will you please set up a WWOOF Sverige host account and take me in this summer? I worked at Wenngarn in Sigtuna this past Autumn and I speak some Swedish. PLEASE
>>
File: Turtilaasn.jpg (212KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Turtilaasn.jpg
212KB, 1024x768px
>>26254291
I have a lot of land so i just cut down 1 out of 25 squares each year and then each square have 25 years to regrow.

Got a pic from a lake where i go swimming in the summer its ~10km from my land.

>>26254326

>The house

House was already on the property, although not in the best state. I spend some money and a summer rebuilding it with some friends (one of them is a builder so he knew what to do). I think you can build a log house pretty easily if there isnt a cabin already

>Internet

Already provided in most places in sweden, im not that far out from a small city.

>Money
Got some money from inheritence and worked for 3 years before i went here. The first and 2nd winter i went back and worked instead of staying here. So this is my first winter here.

>Food

Meat is mostly hunt and fishing (i dont eat a lot of meat). Carbs are from rice etc that i buy. In the summer i grow my own vegetables but in the winter i buy them
>>
>>26254470
THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE MY MAN.

Anyway, how feasible is this to be a permanent lifestyle?

Do you have enough money for your utilities/emergencies to last your whole life without working anymore?

Internet is important
>>
>>26254245
How fast is your internet
Your life sounds comfy, but I dunno if I could live it with 512kb/s
>>
>>26254506
>This as a permanent lifestyle
Ye im pretty sure this could do for the rest of my life. I got free healthcare so my only problem is retirement, but im thinking about starting some other business up and maybe increase my airbnb. I work everyday tho chopping wood and fixing stuff. Winter is way more slow tho, summer is wageslave tier.

>>26254590
Internet is supposed to be ~5gb/s download but its more like 3 tops. Its ok for 1 person
>>
>>26254650
You mean 3mb/s, right?
How much disposable income do you generally have? I'm guessing you find ways to entertain yourself without having to spend much money
>>
>>26254690
Ye lol 3mb/s ofc

Disposable income is pretty low but i dont spend money on entertainment. I mostly hike, build or read books i download for free
>>
>>26253837
>hytte
>Sverige
Nice try! In Sweden there's no such thing as "hyttes". They belong in Norway together with Kvikk Lunsj and asthma.

Sweden has "stugas". They are so superior that even Glorious Nihon takes notes.
>>
>>26254992
>Nice try!

Thanks but Im danish so i saved the file in danish and hytte = cabin and Sverige = Sweden
>>
>>26253837
Does it get lonely sometimes, or do you have some kind of company, like a GF, a dog or relatives visiting from time to time?
>>
I'm very jealous my man
hopefully I can do this one day
need that EU passport first though
>>
i'll find your base and burn your farms and crockpot then summon my tentacle to rape you
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.