[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that cognitive behavioural therapy? It's suggested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Stock-Dock-House[1].jpg (796KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Stock-Dock-House[1].jpg
796KB, 1920x1080px
What is that cognitive behavioural therapy? It's suggested as a kind of treatment for nearly any mental condition. Has anybody tried it?
>>
>>26251455
Daily reminder that if you're depressed you need to change your environment.
Move out of your parents house. Ask them for a month's worth of rent and utilities in cash. Tell them that you'll pay them back next year.
Any decent parent would help you.
Move out and never look back.
>>
CBT is good, but there's not enough of it out there. Regular ballbusting seems quite plentiful on streaming sites, in comparison.
>>
>>26251500
Jesus what
Living alone working full time is the single most depressing thing in the world
>>
>>26251455

Yes.

What would you like to know?
>>
>>26251500
I'm actually interested in it because of my anxiety and selective eating issues, which are related with my AS.
>>
>>26251558
I just want to know what the process of the therapy looks like. For example, what do you talk with the therapist about?
>>
Don't bother. It's just talking.
>>
>>26251558
>selective eating issues
You picky fuck.

Just google it, genius.
>>
>>26251613
It's something fucked up in the part of the brain responsible for processing smell and date. I'm puzzled. Don't know if this can be fixed if it's physical.
>>
>>26251605

We went over my past, my background, what the root causes of my anxiety were. The exercises are good! It ties together mind and body and helps centre me. Every therapist has different exercises, but mine were for intrusive thoughts and extreme bouts of rage, which is dangerous when you're operating a 30 ton piece of machinery.

By itself, it won't save you, but used in conjunction with other stuff, and in earnest, it helps turn the tide.

For me personally, I participated in a propanolol study along with the CBT. THAT was extremely effective, along with proper medication-- MAOI's don't do anything for me.
>>
>>26251807

Our backgrounds are extremely different, so theres not much use in sharing what me and her talked about.

Basically what I CAN tell you is the exercises are actual physical things you can do to help calm down, with a mental component where you try to observe and obtain a state of mind that steers you away from old, familiar neural pathways.

Hope that helped man, GL
>>
>>26251500
>just change your environment brah
>just ask your parents for money brah

You have no clue, anon.
>>
>>26251541
>Living alone working full time is the single most depressing thing in the world
It's better than living with your parents and being unemployed. Trust me, I've been in both situations.

>>26251900
I never said it's easy, but what kind of options do you think you have?
>>
>>26252283
True depression cripples you mentally. You know you need to do something, you WANT to do something but your mind doesn't let you. That's on top of the fact that very few people live in a place with rich enough parents that the second option can be done.
>>
Free cbt training in local or online meetings:

Recoveryinternational.org.

Very recommended.
>>
File: 1444274312987.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444274312987.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>26251455
a trend treatment
>>
File: 1449869782096.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449869782096.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>26251455

Yep. Did it for a year and a half. Fixed me up very well, thank you.

What do you want to know?
>>
>>26252359
>You know you need to do something, you WANT to do something but your mind doesn't let you.

A pro-tip I got from the shrink was to set up something like learning a language, or taking an art class or some shit. The two things that were good were

1) It means you have something planned to do and so can do something without making any organisational effort, which we all know is shit-hard when you're down.
2) it forces you to interact, however superficially, with other people and be normal. And as we know from CBT - what you think is what you become. Keep fixating on suicide and you'll eventually do it, or at least it'll be upping your chances significantly. Equally, be forced to interact with society is good because it keeps your brain on the "now" and not some flights of imagination about how bad things were, and are.
>>
I live alone and have a job. I hate it. I feel so abandoned by my family and they don't give a fuck about me.

Honestly though, I think living at home or away from family isn't the main thing. You have to realize that your family fucked you up and it's time to get away from them and reduce contact.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.