So by the end of the year , I am going to be homeless I need help with ideas what to do. The jobs in my area are shit and I'd have to have two full time just to make ends meat. I am thinking/hoping to join peace corps to try and make a meaningful difference somewhere. Or I have a different plan of flying to Spain and traveling to each small town and helping the farmers become self-sustainable to help feed the locals. I've given up on America and I don't think any good change will happen anytime soon. I just want to change the zeitgeist so that in the next 20-30 years if we as a whole don't get our shit together the human race will have major losses in life due to ignorance.
So /b/ros help me out please. I need a worthwhile plan for good change. Any tips will be appreciated
where have you guys traveled fellow robots ?
You best have a college degree, 5+ references, and years of experience >doing it for free
Peace corps is just a program for rich suburban stacies to go to third world nations and pose for pics with BBCs
You could join the Army maybe and get a decent intel or linguist job if your smart
Was in your situation working 2 dead end jobs just to survive on my own, got rejected from peace core for lack of education, just got rejected from army for scoliosis a week ago, quit my job gunna kill myself when I run out of money
ya for 90% of their "jobs" you do. I am obvi looking for the other 10%
And i am not sure. I've just always liked spain desu senpai.
i am dopey , not clueless but somewhat of a hippie not bad for 2/3
as in go to a place like LA/SF or NY ? Why do you say that for? I don't like big cities anyways. plus LA and SF don't help out the needy at all
ya i've been figuring as much. I thought maybe it could be a good outlet for good and change I guess not
And dude please dont off yourself. Travel if you have to or do something else. Don't end your life anon. please for me man. Lose a buddy to it and I dont want another friend to .
ya iam most likely going to join. It's my only shot to living on my own without wanting to kill myself on a wagecuck job(s)
and dude you know the happening is coming faster than we both think. I am just getting ready for it sooner than I thought
dubs speaking the truth.
and ya here in socal its retarded high cost of living. A normal 1 bedroom is like 1K ish and a 2 bedroom is like 1.5K
I wanna get out of cali and travel :/ but thanks for that website checking it out now
well i would the most "legal" way of going there but staying more than a year i'd lay low till I can "by law" live there. nana mean ?
it's okay bruh. but any help or tips on your side? anything will help
Hello, anon. Five or six years ago now I messed up my then living situation really bad and ended up on the street for two weeks. (Long story short, I was completely off my meds and belligerent/paranoid/delusional). Basically, there are three huge things I would advise for you if you're homeless for any amount of time:
1. Probably most important. Anybody you make friends with or gives you aid probably has an agenda that may end up with you injured/screwed. People you will tend to run across, especially if they have a substance problem, are not able to control themselves. If it comes down to it, the story about the frog and scorpion is true. This doesn't mean you can't trust anybody but likely in this situation people you meet will have serious baggage. USE THE UTMOST CAUTION.
2. If it's cold where you are, figure out cheeky places to be able to stay inside at night, five or six optimally so you can go to each for an hour or so without wearing out your welcome. Forget sleeping out in the cold, it's an easy way to get sick and fuck your shit up.
3. Food is actually really plentiful. If you lose your reservations about eating some borderline items, you'll rarely have to work too hard to eat for yourself. Chinese restaurants especially will throw shit out all the time that, other than being co-mingled and generally not super palatable will sustain you okay.
>flying to Spain and traveling to each small town and helping the farmers become self-sustainable to help feed the locals.
americans are so fucking ignorant holy shit