[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

listen up mental illness fags

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1444573288055.gif (84KB, 253x230px) Image search: [Google]
1444573288055.gif
84KB, 253x230px
4chan is the most cynical place in the world, literally

You really think coming here every single day isn't having a negative effect on your brain?
>>
I started coming here AFTER I became suicidal. Before I thought this site was "beneath" me.
>>
been here since 2006, while in highschool, I sometimes wonder how I would be if I never came here. probably much better. but probably much worse in the same sense
>>
>>26236829
You think this is helping?
>>
>>26236899

Not that guy, but are you implying that there's anything that would help?
>>
>>26236899

Well shitposting gives me joy sometimes. I 100% gave up hope.
>>
>>26236917
Therapy, drugs, and counseling have helped people through depression

Of course, on /r9k/ you're not allowed to say that
>>
I don't mind the cynicism
I think it's detrimental because it keeps me from developing as a person
Having the same conversations day in and day out, arguing over stupid things, memespouting
It's like this place is where you go when you've died and you're content with being stuck forever

The hell before hell
>>
>>26237178

Depression is a natural result of being an inferior person with little to no potential for improvement.
Drugs and therapy (top meme) won't change the circumstances that cause depression.
>>
>>26236812
4chan has been the reason i haven't off myself
>>
File: 398457341925.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
398457341925.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>26236812
Name somewhere better to go

You can't because everything is shit
>>
>>26237214
4chan is just purgatory. It's an endless land of nothing and the same
>>
>>26236812
I already have ADHD, AVPD and Tourette, it can't get any worse
>>
>>26237214
/r9k/ is the graveyard of human hope
But you gotta admit, shit's addictive as fuck
>>
But I enjoy it. As much as suicidal enjoy cutting themselves so they feel some pain or something, I enjoy coming here to feel sad because at least I feel something other than constant regret and self loathing. I know it is a poor decision in the long run, but I enjoy being with people who hate themselves as much as I do.
>>
>>26236812
A nice dose of cynicism is healthy. Normies are too happy. I remain realistic by browsing here. Plus there's some sick bantz.
>>
File: BAIT.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
>>26236812
>4chan is the most cynical place in the world, literally

I don't think so at all. If you believe that you have a lot more to learn about cynicism. Do you doubt me? Consider the most cynical idea or belief you can, ready? Now start a thread about it.

Watch how quickly that idea is dismissed, denied, or just ignored while you receive various insults and hate speech intended to shame you for your 'edge'.

People in general aren't very cynical, 4chan posters are still people. 4chan may have it's own culture that is unique relative to the mainstream, but cynicism is still the exception to the norm and true cynicism is rare and discouraged even here where it exists primarily as a poor disguise for bait.
>>
>>26237427
>Watch how quickly that idea is dismissed, denied, or just ignored while you receive various insults and hate speech

4chan does this to every idea. That's why it's considered so cynical, you fruitcake
>>
It's funny how this place works.

I've always been shy, prefer staying indoors and never really made a lot of friends. I get to college and find a gf, date her for 4 years and things are great, we break up and I just become very misogynistic and I find myself here, at first it was nice because I could vent to like minded people who would always be on my side (spewing the same women are all cheating whores, shit that I was currently thinking in my mind). However, this place really did have a negative effect on me, prior to coming here I never cared about my height, size of my dick, this place essentially made me distrust women even more... Like in all honesty, it was comforting coming here day after day but it really does have a negative effect on you. Eventually, I just stopped coming here once I started to get over my gf (about a year and a half after we broke up). Without all the negative ideas being reinforced into me I got my confidence back and now I have a new gf, decent job and things are looking good. I find myself on 4chan once in a while when I have tough times, just to remind myself that things could always be worse.
>>
File: 1452440038070.jpg (266KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1452440038070.jpg
266KB, 1680x1050px
>>26237386
this.
by being optimistic, you are automatically setting yourself up for disappointment >>26237178
>therapy
if i wanted to vent out my problems, i'll just go on here
>>26237267
i always saw depression as waking up and seeing your environment for what it is
>>
>>26237178
Therapy is you paying someone $50/hr to pretend to give a shit about you. Shit's fucked up. Unless they're giving you meds, you're probably better off just talking to friends or on here. I mean, unless there's something seriously actually wrong. Maybe get a professional then.
>>
File: 1454482592126.png (457KB, 662x664px) Image search: [Google]
1454482592126.png
457KB, 662x664px
I come here to laugh, you faggots make me feel better about myself.
>>
>>26237267
The problem is that depression causes a feedback loop. Your life sucks so you become depressed and stop trying so your life sucks even more. Normal people feel bad and then improve their lives so they don't feel bad anymore. An error in our brains simply causes us to feel worse.

Drugs can fix that problem and end the loop. You can also do it mechanically by just straight up making your life better. The latter is harder, though.
>>
>>26237727
>smug anime images
>being better than anybody
sure thing buddy
>>
File: 1454132087077.jpg (1MB, 1275x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1454132087077.jpg
1MB, 1275x1440px
>>26237749
I'm a lot better off than all you spergs trust me.
>>
>>26237782
I'll take your word for it, guy who posts on 4chan at 11 at night on a weekday.
>>
File: 1448534263937.png (493KB, 1238x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448534263937.png
493KB, 1238x1080px
>>26237822
Well for starters I'm not a burger.
>>
>>26237782
If you feel better about yourself after comparing yourself to 4chan, you're probably not much better off.
>>
>>26237888
I'm not a virgin and never paid for it.
>>
a daily dose of cynicism is good to give you a reality check, especially when people around you are hopeless optimists

also there are many interests you have that you can't share with people you know
>>
>>26236812
I only started coming here after I became depressed, I don't know what else to do with my time since I'm paranoid to go out by myself and don't have friends.
>>
File: 1443336560831.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1443336560831.png
209KB, 510x346px
I like how cynical it all is.

When I actually interact with real humans, I am pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>26237936
Good for you, but that's beside the point. If you need to compare yourself to other people to feel good about yourself, that just means that you don't get a lot of happiness or satisfaction from your own life like the rest of us faggots on here.
>>
With all the bad that came with my visits to 4chan, I don't regret the things I've "learned".
>>
>>26237959
You should take up an indoor hobby; anime's pretty popular.
>>
>>26238122
fully passive activities like watching anime/movies/shows, reading manga, or listening to music aren't real hobbies
>>
>>26238162
That's just semantics. Doing something is better than nothing at all; at least anon will have something to talk about either to real people or someone online.
>>
>>26236812

It feels nice knowing I'm not alone in my struggles. I suppose that's why I come here. To feel like I fit in somewhere, even if that somewhere is full of other self loathing pricks like myself.
>>
I guess I'm here because Im a failed normie, I have the attributes, but the social skills and my emotional management is piss poor, so I use drugs like marijuana and alcohol to ease my sadness. Im starting to figure it out though, the transition is difficult and it feels almost never ending, but I need to stop being a pussy and start moving forward or else life will just passby me and I'll feel even worse
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.