[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women and military conscription

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg (34KB, 644x430px) Image search: [Google]
s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg
34KB, 644x430px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-defense-women-idUSKCN0VD02K

tl.dr - Now that women are allowed to serve on the front lines, they may be required to register for the draft.

To those not familiar with U.S. law: Our country requires all men to register for Selective Services (drafting / military conscription) at age 18. If the nation is ever drawn into such a desperate conflict that there aren't enough reserved forces to fight, then citizens can be drafted to fight as well. Failure to register with Selective Services can result in incarceration.

So either women will now be required to register alongside men, or military conscription will be repealed altogether.
>>
>>26234372
Good. Equal rights means equal responsibilities.

About fucking time
>>
>>26234372
7/10 American young adults can't qualify for military service.

http://time.com/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service/

Next they'll probably allow convicted felons to serve.

It's just another symptom of cultural decay.

I hope the happening occurs before Im an old man.
>>
>>26234372
Finally equality is coming to the US.
>>
>>26234485
>Implying theres something wrong with letting felons serve
Better than a woman imo
>>
>draft

AS IF IT FUCKING MATTERS

There'll never be another draft.
>>
>>26234732
Really?

You want these guys patrolling your neighborhood after a disaster?
>>
>>26234476
This. Holy Shit if we have to go, they have to go.
>>
>>26234786
Our military is only used for aggression overseas. When they start using the draft, you go to some jungle or desert in the front lines (e.g. Vietnam). You don't get drafted into the National Guard or Coast Guard.
>>
>>26234476

I think we should hope for the end of military conscription altogether. It's just not consistent with the values of a free society, nor is it morally acceptable to force people into combat roles when they're ethnically opposed to killing.

We're already performing our duty to our country as workers and tax payers. It's by our labor and our tax dollars that a government even exists, and that our elected officials have a salary. I think they're overstepping their bounds by saying we also have a duty to take up arms to defend them. I'm grateful to those who volunteer to serve, but what kind of values are they really preserving? We're all under the thumb of an autonomous institution that's more interested in self-preservation than what's right for the people.
>>
>>26234862
In a perfect world, a draft would exist and it would only be used when our country is being invaded. So there's a threat of some foreign enemy knocking down your front door and killing your family.

Unfortunately, the US government fucked that up through Vietnam.
>>
My wife was in the marines and talked to her about it, she thinks it's a huge mistake. One out of every hundred women might be capable to serve, and of those, one out of a hundred could actually do any good.
>>
>>26234485
>have used adhd medication in the past

Excellent, I'm safe. Although that is a pretty dumb point to make especially considering the military still uses stimulants today such as adderall to keep pilots and such awake for extended periods of time.
>>
>>26235031
They waive ADHD meds and asthma all the time because a lot of doctors falsely prescribed it to a ton of kids because of overprotective soccer moms in the late 90s/early 00s
>>
>>26234372
>or military conscription will be repealed altogether.
It's *extremely* unlikely that we'll ever have another draft. you know that, right?
>>
>>26235025

Why

did guys try to rape her :~D

did she try to fuck em?
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>26235025
>wife

I thought this was a board for manchildren only
>>
>>26235508
>It's *extremely* unlikely that we'll ever have another draft. you know that, right?

How is it extremely unlikely? Not with all the shit that's going on..

Oh naive Anon
>>
>>26235535
Too lazy to find "good" sources so here, they still give a good explanation of why
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-chances-of-there-being-another-draft-for-war-in-the-United-States
http://www.usmilitary.com/382/getting-drafted-into-the-military/
oh also you can be exempt based on moral objections
>>
>>26235509
Not to my knowledge but she says that would be bound to happen. She knew women during her service who just used it as a chance to get military benefits and slutted it up their whole time there.
>>
>>26235535
9/11 already showed that the US can get a huge spike in volunteer forces without having to force people the join the military

The only way there would ever be another draft is if there's no way around it and someone invades us
>>
>>26235620
>The only way there would ever be another draft is if there's no way around it and someone invades us

What if Turkey invades us, with Syria, with Palestine, with Saudi Arabia, with Iran?
>>
>>26235571
>oh also you can be exempt based on moral objections

No you can't. There are provisions for people with religious objections, but those nonetheless involve a hearing. And atheists are shit out of luck. You can't be a conscientious objector on any general ethical grounds.

Even if your religious doctrines do prevent you from going to war, the military will nonetheless force you into a non-combat role, even if that means spending all day on your hands and knees scrubbing shit off the floor.
>>
File: 1390278580616.png (108KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1390278580616.png
108KB, 396x385px
>>26234372
>equality without any benefits

women aren't going to stand for this and will argue the draft shouldn't exist even though they didn't say anything when it wasn't required for them to register

>tell them equality means men get to hit them with little repercussion
>"y-yeah how about no one gets hit"

>custody battle
>"hurr mothers are more emotional and nurturing so it makes more sense for women to get custody"

they'll gladly accept more money to close the "wage gap" and want to be considered for the same job openings even if they don't have the required experience but god forbid they get put in to a position where equality makes something worse for them
>>
>>26234786
I'd rather have Tyrone protecting me than Stacy.
>>
>>26235643
Turkey is too busy sending cultural enrichment to Germany
What's left of Syria is too busy trying to fight ISIS
Palestine doesn't exist anymore
Saudia Arabia is in the same boat as ISIS

The only actual concern you listed was Iran
>>
>>26235666
https://www.sss.gov/About/Return-to-the-Draft/Postponements-Deferments-Exemptions
>Conscientious objectors perform service to the nation in a manner consistent with their moral, ethical or religious opposition to participation in war in any form. Depending upon the nature of his beliefs, a conscientious objector serves either in a noncombatant capacity in the armed forces or in a civilian job contributing to the national interest.
>in a manner consistent with their moral, ethical
>in a civilian job contributing to the national interest
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 900x877px
Is North Korea going to war in our lifetime?
>>
>>26235692

wait Saudi Arabia is fighting ISIS?
or Saudi Arabia is ISIS?

Syria is trying to fight ISIS
That depressed me for some reason

yeah but what if ISIS or a super mega ISIS government tries to delete the EU?
And they form the Arabian Union?

what if Iran is actually trying to link up an Middle Eastern/Muslim Union just to BTFO America?

What if we're all getting to drafts and we're sent back to pre WWII years?
>>
>>26235666
The easiest way to get out of the military is to say you're depressed, it's an auto get out of jail for free card and only takes a couple of weeks

A bunch of people in boot camp did that when I was in
>>
>>26234485
In reality if there ever was another conflict that threatened the US's existence you can bet they would loosen the requirements for conscription. Nazi Germany had 14 year olds defending Berlin in the final months of the war.

There's no way America would let serviceable manpower sit on the sidelines when its national security is at stake.
>>
The draft is one of the reasons that conservatives opposed the feminist ERA. This has always been a part of their agenda.
>>
>>26234485
>Certain tattoos and ear gauges
wat? why?
Emos and punks should be on the front lines.
>>
>>26235709

It looks like they've expanded the definition to include general ethical grounds. But the site is clear that the claim must be reviewed by an appeal board, which means providing evidence for the legitimacy of your beliefs. Which means the board can nonetheless deny you by its own arbitrary whims.

And
>Conscientious objectors opposed to serving in the military will be placed in the Selective Service Alternative Service Program. This program attempts to match COs with local employers. Many types of jobs are available, however the job must be deemed to make a meaningful contribution to the maintenance of the national health, safety, and interest.

In other words, IF they do validate your claim, you'll be forced into hard labor instead of serving in the front lines, which is really just the same thing as being incarcerated. Thus your rights are still trampled all over as a conscript.
>>
>>26235902
Niqqa they aren't going to make you a logger if you're a neckbeard
Most important jobs nowadays aren't hard labor
>>
>>26235741

This was serious and no one answered me so I'll do it again

wait Saudi Arabia is fighting ISIS?
or Saudi Arabia is ISIS?

Syria is trying to fight ISIS
That depressed me for some reason

yeah but what if ISIS or a super mega ISIS government tries to delete the EU?
And they form the Arabian Union?

what if Iran is actually trying to link up an Middle Eastern/Muslim Union just to BTFO America?

What if we're all getting to drafts and we're sent back to pre WWII years?

I'm intensely interested in this subject
>>
>>26234372
The draft is a joke. How many of americas wealthy would get conscripted? What are the odds that any of your hollywood stars would be forced into service?
>>
>>26234862
>ethnically opposed to killing
>>
>>26234862
When war breaks out and your home country is invaded and your life put at risk, unfortunately all your values, morals and ethical principles have to be thrown out the window if you're going to survive.
>>
>>26235571
But you underestimate the fanaticism of the current candidates

>Oh naive Anon
>>
File: 37469823.jpg (87KB, 537x493px) Image search: [Google]
37469823.jpg
87KB, 537x493px
>>26235643
>>26235741
>>26235951
Turkey and Saudi Arabia are fairly stable US allies; Palestine isn't even a country, and if you really believe Iran wants world domination you should pull your head out of your ass and stop believing everything that the Zionist media tells you.

ISIS is actually helpful to the US by destabilizing Syria and Iraq before they can be taken over by Russia, and provide Russia with access to the Mediterreanean and the Persian Gulf.
With US money, Saudi Arabia has funded ISIS, yes, as they have funded most Islamic terrorism for decades, including Bin Laden and the Taliban.
>>
>>26236042
>tripfag
>anon
kill you're self
>>
>>26234862
I think a draft should be mandatory. Like Israel.
>>
And hd rape videos of female soldiers in 3 2 1
>>
>>26236071
>Taken over by Russia
Good goy
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.