[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is fucking awkward? I'm not as bad as I used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: brendan.jpg (35KB, 670x376px) Image search: [Google]
brendan.jpg
35KB, 670x376px
Who else is fucking awkward? I'm not as bad as I used to be but damn
>>
File: 1451172970896.jpg (72KB, 756x686px) Image search: [Google]
1451172970896.jpg
72KB, 756x686px
I'm completely awkward from being a NEET shut in for years. I barely talk to people and I don't know how to read body language or social cues. To top that off I'm aware of how pathetic and backwards I am, which only makes me more nervous and awkward.

You ain't alone there are a lot of people like this.
>>
File: 1444326926903.png (154KB, 535x530px) Image search: [Google]
1444326926903.png
154KB, 535x530px
Im awkward as fuck. The worst thing is that my awkwardness made me develop social anxiety and now Im stuck in a vicious cycle, Im always anxious that I might do something awkward but the anxiety then makes me act weird and awkward. It has gone better over the past few years though.
>>
>>26229271
>>26229271
Do you guys overly think about what you say and question your actions etc?
>>
>>26229445
Very often, I'm way too self-aware when I do something in public and I just cringe internally when I do anything

Its like living in an eternal nightmare
>>
File: 1453537559846.jpg (34KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453537559846.jpg
34KB, 960x720px
I'm getting to the point where I don't feel nervous as much anymore.

I.just.don't.care.

However I often find myself gauging others responses when I give them that soulless stare. I used to avoid eye contact as I didn't want to make people uncomfortable, now I'm the exact opposite.
>>
>>26229235
happened today
>prof tells us she emailed us assigned groups
>she continues talking about the course
>we are supposed to answer online questions on some website
>cannot find the course name with her as the teacher
>she brings up question from said site and tells us to do it
>after waiting 5 minutes I decide to go up and ask her for help just as she starts teaching again
>fuck me I already started cant sit back down without looking like and autist
>proceed to ask her for tech support with 100 students watching me
>gives up after 30 seconds talking on mic
>sit back down
this shit is a regular occurrence for me
>>
>>26229445
I try not to, I just act on emotion but I'm always very visibly nervous and awkward. I usually think more after the event, running through my mind how silly and pathetic I looked.
>>
>>26229235
I'm terribly horribly awkward in person
I'm not that great online either, I'm so bad at talking to people
I just want to be normal so bad ;_;
>>
>>26229480
Same.
I don't enjoy it though.
I don't care.
>>
>>26229576
same here i feel like a normal person on sites like this but irl im a mute
>>
>>26229480
I hate it when people stare at me. It feels like I did something wrong and they're looking at me because there's something wrong with me.
>>
>>26229499
Lol you should have just turned around right when she started taking and just laugh it off
>>
Me. At my job I do ok (secretary) until shit goes off-script, then I'm screwed. I can't look people in the eyes for more than a few seconds at best, even my mom. The worst part is that in college classes people assume I'm normal and talk to me like I'm normal but after an interaction or two they get this look on their face and don't want to be around me. I feel broken on a fundamental level, I have no friends, I can't socialize normally, and I will never be socially competent
>>
>>26229724
The only friends I have are ones I made in middle school and high school from when I was normal.

I can't make new friends now
>>
>>26229794
>from when I was normal
What happened anon?
>>
I used to be so fucking awkward and still feel that way inside but after practising all the time, I'm very good at masking it although what still gets me sometimes is speaking to people, I sometimes mumble or jumble my words.

The main thing to do first, PLEASE DO THIS FOR ME is to try to make your face at least neutral. Since starting to change my persona I've become very aware of the miserable or sour faces so many people pull, sometimes naturally (mine own is a natural bastard face thanks to my brow). Make an effort to have your face not seem so sour, it just puts people off you, even if you look good. but don't look too friendly either, a neutral face is always good.

Another thing, this is for the men, STOP walking like a bunch of fucking cuckbois. There's so much shit you can tell from the way a person walks and the amount of guys I see walking slow bouncy timid walks is annoying as fuck. If you're ever wondering why people make fun of you or think you're someone they can start on if it's a group - it's THAT, you look like a timid pushover fuck.

Walk at a good speed so you look like you've shit to do, it also helps you appear less timid and afraid if you're walking towards a group you think might say something and overall it just looks better.

Just fake it until you make it, everybody does it, everyone is acting to some degree. It'll take practice though.
>>
>>26229883
>
Another thing, this is for the men, STOP walking like a bunch of fucking cuckbois. There's so much shit you can tell from the way a person walks and the amount of guys I see walking slow bouncy timid walks is annoying as fuck. If you're ever wondering why people make fun of you or think you're someone they can start on if it's a group - it's THAT, you look like a timid pushover fuck.

This is a good point. I walk like this, very timid with my head down, and everyone always picks up on it. They give you weird looks, like a mix of judgmental and pity. They just know you're a timid fuckhead because of your body language.
>>
would anyone here be interested some sort of group where we practice talking with each other?
>>
File: pepe6.png (82KB, 197x187px) Image search: [Google]
pepe6.png
82KB, 197x187px
I'm an awkward autist who rarely leaves the house. NEET shut in ever since high school, which ended four years ago.

The only time I actually interact with others is when I go to pick up my meds from the pharmacy (my parents don't want to do it for me anymore), and thats just telling them my name and birthday. I struggle even with that.

Also where the fuck do you think you are? This is /r9k/ everyone here is awkward, even the "normies" trying to troll are awkward virgins.
>>
>>26229350
try shaking it up with something a anxiolytic substance like phenibut. if you break the anxiety for a minute you can peek outside the cycle
>>26229576
you sound like a decent guy that's trapped by poor socialization
>>
>just had a surprise phone interview
>stuttered like a retard and sounded nervous the whole time, unable to string a coherent thought together

Fuck me.
>>
>>26229235

I'm probably autistic or have Asperger's. That combined with being homely is why I gave up on dating
>>
i'm awkward as fuck. i grew up a neet so i never got a chance to learn anything about socializing. normies are like aliens to me. its terrible
>>
>>26229929

Where would autistic powerwalking, head up high, fit in your view?
>>
>>26230234
Bad but not as bad as timid, head held down, mumbling shy fuck. If you're going to be autistic you might as well powerwalk and let it be outwardly known. It's worse being shy and timid and just knowing people are quietly judging you or wanting to fuck with you.
>>
>>26230030
>try shaking it up with something a anxiolytic substance like phenibut. if you break the anxiety for a minute you can peek outside the cycle
I would but its pretty difficult to get any nootropics in my country. Alcohol makes me stop being both anxious and awkward which makes me feel like my problems at this point stem mostly from my lack of confidence.
>>
>>26229883
fuck your shit, I'll walk however I fucking feel like.
>>
>>26230265
nah, autistic powerwalking is way worse than being a shutin spergo
>>
>>26230339

B-but it's comfy anon. It gets me places really fast and keeps me healthy.

I even measured it once. I walk over 6 miles per hour.
>>
>>26230414
This. Thanks to powerwalking I can get to my comfy home to shut myself inside for the rest of the day faster than I normally would.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.