[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to figures published as part of the Office for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

>According to figures published as part of the Office for National Statistics (ONS) "well-being" research programme people, people who say they have no religious affiliation report lower levels of happiness, life satisfaction and self-worth than those who do.

Why aren't you worshipping a god /r9k/? You do want to be happy right?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12136531/Religion-can-make-you-happier-official-figures-suggest.html
>>
Considering you have to be some sort of manic to believe in imaginary friends, or at least kind of psychotic... I'd say it's understandable why those people are happier.

I was the kind of kid who despite going to bible studies since very young never actually thought people believed in the stories of jesus turning water into wine etc.

It came as a shock when bible studies transitioned from what I thought was a singing/hanging out class to a migraine inducing fest. Needless to say I stopped going and I never felt the same way about my friends.
>>
I wasn't raised in a religious household.
You can't just start believing in a bunch of obvious bullshit at age 23.
You need to be brainwashed from birth like all the people in the US.
>>
>>26221045
You can not prove he didn't turn water into wine.
>>
Religious people are happy because they are stupid. It's been proven in multiple scientific studies that intelligent people are less happy.
>>
>>26221085
You can not prove Sam Tarly didn't kill a white walker.
It's written in a book.
>>
>>26221089
This.

Also, you can't magically change your beliefs. If something doesn't make sense to you logically, you can't change your opinion on it until met with persuasive data.
>>
File: Jesus_Dismay.png (327KB, 394x405px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Dismay.png
327KB, 394x405px
>>26220961
>Religious
>Not still unhappy
I didn't become religious to get happiness
>>
>>26221119
*Not happy
Fugging typos
>>
Yeah it must be great deluding yourself into thinking that a god will somehow fix all your problems and miseries and when you die you will be teleported into the clouds

Too bad Im not that stupid to see that happening anytime soon
>>
>>26221045
Why is it difficult to believe that, if the universe had a God, that that God would be incapable of breaking the laws of physics?
>>
i believe in god. i don't believe in religion.
>>
I've tried my hardest to believe in god because i thought it might somehow help me but something inside me just won't allow it
>>
File: 1453804614813.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1453804614813.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>26221177
I believe that universe has always existed and nobody created it.
>>
>>26221068
Converts are a real thing.
>>26220961
Here's some more on the religious cultural divide.
>>
Yeah, the Muslims seem to be really happy in their Muslim countries...
>>
>>26221198
>I believe that universe has always existed and nobody created it.
Nigger we know how old it is
>>
>>26221245
I mean like the big bang just keeps occurring infinitely and the same universe is born from it each time.
>>
you ever play civilization games? there should be fedora wearing men who refuse to go to church as an unhappy citizen.

or a happy citizen lol.
>>
>>26221245
No, we don't. The age of the universe is calculated based on its expansion since the Big Bang. So:
1. We assume the Big Bang theory is correct. It most likely is but still, it's just an assumption.

2. We assume we know at what rate the universe has been expanding.

3. We assume the Big Bang was the beginning.
>>
>>26221245
>I know this because it's written in a book and people believe it
You might as well believe in God ffs
>>
>>26221293
The big bang is really just the point where there was a low enough density that the four fundamental forces operate the way they do now. If the universe is infinite now, then it always had to be infinite.
>>
>>26221342
>four fundamental forces
Earth, water, fire and air?
>>
File: 1454205649036.jpg (314KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1454205649036.jpg
314KB, 750x725px
>>26221275
There's something really unsettling about this post.
I have no idea who you're making fun of or why you posted it.
Reminds me of the 'penis wenus' thing but you're actually serious.
>>
>>26220961
> people who have something to look forward to after they die are happier than people who think you rot in a hole.
Thanks science
> why don't you chose to believe in something so you're happier?
Implying you don't actually love your creator for everything he did for you, you just did it selfishly to meet your own petty wants.
>>
>>26220961
Ignorance is bliss.
Super original reply.
>>
>>26221352
No.

Gravity, electromagnetism, weak and strong nuclear force
>>
File: viper god.jpg (162KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
viper god.jpg
162KB, 1500x1500px
>mom is European, raises me as a Catholic
>don't buy into it even as a kid, hate going to church and think it's all bullshit
>mom eases up, stops making me go to church
>years go by
>I'm finding myself more and more drawn to Christianity and will start going to church soon, of my own volition
God is cool.
>>
File: antisthenes.jpg (7KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
antisthenes.jpg
7KB, 193x261px
Philosophy brings more happiness and an overall better state of being than religion.

Prove me wrong.

The unhappy people who are not religious are unhappy because they're idiots conforming to the consumerism mindset.
>>
File: 450px-OinoandaFragment12.jpg (30KB, 450x167px) Image search: [Google]
450px-OinoandaFragment12.jpg
30KB, 450x167px
>>26221776
Epicurus figured this shit out thousands of years ago. He inscribed over the fucking marketplace how to live well and not driven to buy happiness.
>>
>>26220961
Is it really happiness we seek?
Lets put the fact that I cannot bring myself to believe to the side, let's say that I find it easy to register the existence of said omniscient and omnipotent being as truth. Why should I serve it? The only emotion I could feel towards God would be envy for that which he has, and hate, for decreeing that which defines me as human, gluttony; lust; greed; pride; sorrow; wrath; vanity and sloth as sins.
I never sought happiness, I always sought to experience as much as possible, master as much as I can. I know that happiness, for me, it is to become god, for now unreachable, so no I not look for happiness OP you fucking faggot.
>>
So worshipping something that makes no sense to you because it makes you happy is good? That's pretty retarded.
>>
I seriously hate it and used to be happier when i was religious,but unfortunately i am a nihilist ans can't believe it or any bullshit "illuminating"philosophy.
(Fuck epicuros and his do whatever you like "philosophy")
>>
File: zyzz.jpg (61KB, 580x923px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.jpg
61KB, 580x923px
>>26220961
>Why aren't you worshipping a god /r9k/? You do want to be happy right?

These people truly believe in their faith. If I just picked something up and threw myself into it I'd just be faking it.

You can't force faith, anon. We can only hope our heroes watch over us from robot Valhalla.
>>
>>26222368
Is it possible to have more perfect insertions? Insertion surgery when?
>>
nope, I was educated in Catholic Education for 13 years. Religion is hypocritical in my opinion. They never teach you about the fuck ups their religion had (for obvious reasons) despite the religion teaches you to admit your weakness. Now for a history buff this infuriated me, I knew the 30 years war happened, I knew the spainish inquisition happened I knew the French Protestants where kicked out to of France to America, these fuck ups all happened.

Also in Religious schools you are essentially attempted to be converted at every point in the year. I was baptised a Protestant and had to be re baptised as a catholic because the Catholics hated it it. Pretty much they never shut up about how God does this God does that, like fuck I just want to eat my food, I just want to sleep. You get sick of religion by the end of it. Also some learning is censored as in contraception, hitler's hate for Catholics. You are also forced to do religious shit with the threat of being failed for graduation, so you are forced into volunteer work and some petty religious shit. You are also forced to learn religion even if you are Jewish or a Sikh, also no other religion matters in a religous school.

However I am not an atheist nor an anti religion person. Basically I have no reason to ever partake in organised religion again.
>>
File: 1441985349654.jpg (35KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1441985349654.jpg
35KB, 400x266px
Allanhu Ekbar. Its going to be so much fun converting all you fedora fags into Islam when we become the majority. Islam is the answer to happiness my fellow robots.

t. muzbot
>>
File: zounose marisa.jpg (186KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
zounose marisa.jpg
186KB, 800x575px
I was raised catholic but I stopped going at around 15. After that my parents tried to get me to go to some methodist crap which seemed more like a cult than a religion. The catholics seemed nice, the methodists were obsessed with hell and talked about how "Catholics worship the false idol of the pope" which was a lie and made no sense so I stopped going there too. I hate being in public and being forced to interact with others. I hate singing, as in, any event in which I am expected to sing and especially sing praises. Religion and such questions about religion have never really been something I thought about since then. I realized I wasn't a religious person and that was pretty much the end of that. I still have some respect for the catholic church though and love reading about religious history.
Islam is shit tier though.
>>
When youre not delusional you get bitter when faced with nihilism.
>>
>>26220961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8loH3Iorr5M

This is my God. You should worship her like I do and be happy.
>>
>>26220961
Because I was depressed and fucked up before I became an atheist you fucker.
Religion can't make you happier unless you're living a normal life with no problems. Otherwise you're probably miserable and lying to yourself about it due to muh Lord and savior will save me.
>>
You're all smart enough to see through the literal religious interpretations but too dumb to see the benefits of religion as a whole.

idiots
>>
IGNORANCE IS BLISS, FAMILIA
>>
>>26221237
Most are? Every Muslim country isn't afghanistan or syria
>>
>most fedoras are also virgins
Kek
>>
>>26220961
It's not about believing in a God per say, but in something that surpasses mere human existence.
Society is an extention of the individual.
Thus, you need to believe in something that makes social life greater than the sum of its components (individuals. A higher goal which gives meaning to your innate efforts towards progress.

Religion reassures you that your pious life ties this world with a pure, spiritual one. But there is also the nation, which is a historical tribute to human survival that you can serve by being a citizen and a soldier.
>>
File: 1371476247226.jpg (208KB, 778x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1371476247226.jpg
208KB, 778x1018px
>>26224477
>sissy shit
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.