[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when/how did r9k become a hangout for self diagnosed social outcasts?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 01[3].jpg (23KB, 188x106px) Image search: [Google]
01[3].jpg
23KB, 188x106px
when/how did r9k become a hangout for self diagnosed social outcasts?
>>
Reddit9k isn't a hangout for any kind of outcast.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>26217131
>self diagnosed social outcasts?
It's society that deemed us outcasts. Not us.
>>
>>26217131

Do you really need to ask, OP? It's pretty obvious.

>A no topic / general board is created
>Would be exactly like /b/ except you can't post the same exact text twice (and originally, you couldn't post the same exact picture twice either)
>Because of that restriction, people do pure meme posting less often and instead write original arrangements of words
>When people are prompted to write original arrangements of words, the most common method they will choose to do this is to write about their lives
>Most of the people who use and post on this website are young, antisocial male adults
>When young, antisocial male adults write about their lives, most of what they write is going to involve misogyny and depression
>Therefore, most of /r9k/'s posts became about misogyny and depression
>Furthermore, everyone who viewed and posted on this board eventually noticed most of the personal posts people were making had these themes of sadness and frustration at not being able to get a girlfriend
>This self-awareness of a common theme prompted even more misogyny and depression based posts due to people either consciously or unconsciously trying to fit in with the natural emergent similarities of the posts already being created here
>>
File: Pepecrying02.jpg (89KB, 644x781px) Image search: [Google]
Pepecrying02.jpg
89KB, 644x781px
>>26217131
>mfw i'm a really nice guy
>mfw I just want to get away form you people
>mfw I can't because you want to be here, ironically destroying what brought you here
>mfw they call us the evil ones
>mfw their hypocrisy shows no bounds
>>
>>26217131

we're just dudes on the backburner with nowhere to be at home and on the internet and r9k is a place to complain to anyone who happens to be on the same webspace.
>>
>>26217387
This so fucking much
except the nice part
>>
File: Poof on the woof.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Poof on the woof.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Opie you do realize that among the first people to form communities online when the internet was born were social outcasts, right?

So don't act all surprised.
>>
>>26217297
this is pretty spot on
before captcha /b/ was mostly spam where as the robot had way better content. at some point there was a critical mass of robots and poltards when the original board got axed to try and get rid of them. i forgot how many months went by till /r9k/ 2.0 was born
>>
>>26217131
>self diagnosed social outcasts
are you fucking retarded or something op
>>
>>26217131
If you want a real answer, it was a year or two after people stopped calling each other "gent" and started calling each other "robots"

Basically here's what happened:

>Moot creates /r9k/ with the original robot to enforce original content and nurture a new random board with quality as a distinguishing priority over /b/

>Bunch of people flock here. Green text is changed organically from quoting someone to the "short version" style format you know of today. People start posting "blox" text at the end of their posts to circumvent the robot

>About 6 months of quality posting goes by
>Inherently slower board speed makes the place attract attention whores.
>tripfags start avatar fagging and selfie fagging
>the speshal girls putting pics of themselves in every post attract the incels
>/soc/ is created, all the girls go there
>The incels overwhelm the board with pity threads bitching about their lives and asking for advice
>/adv/ is made to quarantine the cancer but ends up being a board for actual advice
>incels stay here
>i leave

Oldfag stopping by. Don't mind me
>>
OP back.

Thank you guys for actually answering my query.

The "self diagnosed" comment is just there to rustle some jimmies and get replies; works.

I'll keep being a normie lurker. Cheers.
>>
>>26217152
BASED MODS!1!
>>
>>26218876
Often it is with 4chan that you have to piss people off to get a legitimate reply. Half the time I just bait because no one will answer the serious version of my question
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.