[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these online classes would you drop? >Principles

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1449878720824.jpg (224KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1449878720824.jpg
224KB, 768x1024px
Which one of these online classes would you drop?

>Principles of Sociology
>General Psychology
>Critical Thinking
>US History To 1877
>>
>>26209041
>>US History To 1877
it's annoyingly easy and boring
>>
>>26209041
the history one, unless youre reaaally into american history, which i doubt or you wouldnt have asked

order of usefulness
>critical thinking
>sociology
>psychology
>history
>>
>US history
kek
>>
>>26209041
the one that is not required.

i really don't like history and critical thinking sounds boring too so one of those
>>
How is a class, let alone an online one supposed to teach you critical thinking?
>>
>>26209041
>online classes
All desu that shit is pointless, get a job
>>
>>26209153
>critical thinking sounds boring
i guess that's why /pol/ is so popular
>>
Drop all of these except critical thinking.
>>
none of them, online classes are easy A's
>>
>>26209193
it reminds me of the SAT i took in high school. I hated that shit.
>>
>>26209207

Dude's not asking which is the most important topic. He's asking which is the least valuable CLASS. If he already knows some basic stuff about how to think critically then he doesn't need some crappy class on it.
>>
>>26209041
drop sociology, it's shit
>>
>>26209041
history... the other three will actually give you something to use. the history class is just some fact regurgitation. you could just read a damn history book on your own and get the exact same out of it. it will be boring as hell anyway unless you're already interested

US history to 1877

1500s or whatever
>spanish faggot "finds" land that vikings found hundreds of years before
1500s - 1700s
>brits come to the land and fuck up as many native americans as possible, some of them are leaders who end up forming the USA
1800s
>slaves are a problem all of a sudden and civil war happens

that's literally all you have to know. if you knew the equivalent of that for every country in the world, you'd be considered a well-cultured, smart person. You don't have to know this fucking miniscule, bullshit, negligible details that some history professor is acting like is important and you just need to know. fuck that noise. read a book about US history if you're interested yourself or do something else with your time.
>>
>>26209253
critical thinking is definitely the most important class there, and then #2 is a tie between sociology and psychology. business people take psychology so that they can fuck over business partners and shit. it's useful. really, those three classes, sociology, psychology, and critical thinking are a p god-tier selection if you're just taking some online classes part-time.
>>
>Principles of Sociology

Sociology classes are Marxist poison. Unless you want to hear about "white privilege" and how more handouts will fix all of America's problems, drop it.

Sometimes there's a "cultural diversity" requirement or some crap as a requirement for your major though. Look into that. I assume you're Undecided and just doing some pre-reqs?
>>
>>26209446
this is the description of the sociology class
>This course is designed to be a student's first college-level sociology class. The topics to be covered include: the history of sociology, the methods, fields, and vocabulary of sociology; the social interaction of persons and groups; the process of socialization and social structures; social institutions such as family, religion and education. Through this course students should learn "what is sociology?" as well as how sociology fits with other academic disciplines and how sociology can be used outside of the classroom.

and i'm just taking some classes online from a local community college. I'm undecided and all of that.
>>
US history before it became a superpower seems boring and pointless, it's like bothering to learn about the history of a third world country, or learning about post-classical Greece.
>>
>>26209041
What's Critical Thinking?

Is that philosophy class or a class used to up the GPAs of the athletes?
>>
>>26209193
critical thinking is code word for criticizing white people (men) in lieu of actually thinking
>>
>>26209871
>>26209871
you're thinking of an xxx studies class. it's the fucking opposite of one of those cancerous classes.
>>
>>26209041
All of them. Take math you faggot.
>>
>>26210473
math is for nerds
>>
>>26209098

sociology is bottom m8.
>>
>>26209789
wow dude you sound really boring.
>>
>>26210517
>i wonder who's behind this post
t. /his/
>>
>>26210515
history is definitely below sociology if we're talking about taking an online class. the history class will literally be
>read this shit
>you read that shit? take a quiz on it, now.
i guarantee it.
>>
>>26209871
My critical thinking course spent most of our time studying Socrates, logical fallacies, and explaining why moral and aesthetic relativism are false.

My professor even liked to talk shit about Bolshevism and Marx since he came from an ex-soviet state.
>>
>>26209041

if you can't handle those four, don't even bother with college.

You're not going to go very far. Sorry.
>>
>>26211748
but history is for cucks
>>
>>26209041
>sociology
dreck
>psychology
dreck
>critical thinking course (who even knows what the fuck thats supposed to mean)
dreck
>US history to 1877
if you can find a good history teacher you will have the best time of your life. i had a teacher named professor hill that was one of the best teachers of the American south I ever knew.
>>
>>26213807
>>26213807
nice try faggot. go major in something useful.
>>
>>26209041

moarrrrrrrrrrrrr bikini pics of this hottie?
>>
Uhhhh, all of them? Maybe not the history class, it depends on how niggered up it is.
>>
File: 98534769348.png (178KB, 480x258px) Image search: [Google]
98534769348.png
178KB, 480x258px
>>26209066
>>26209098
>>26209140
>>26209265
>>26209789
>gee i wonder

>>26209041
drop psychology
drop crit thinking if the professor if more of a fag than the one for psych

>>26213807
nigga gets it
>>
>>26209265
Early American History is far more fascinating than the romanticized stuff we usually see. Don't be so dismissive.
>>
>>26214355
/his/ please go be useless somewhere else i don't want coffee
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.