[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solitary Confinement

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

How long do you think you'd last in solitary confinement?

Rules:
- stay in the same room alone for as long as possible
- no phones, computers, TV, electronics, or clocks
- no windows or natural light
- only two books, a notepad, and a pen allowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ewB7vrnICQ
>>
>>26201658
>no phones, computers, TV, electronics, or clocks
not long, it would be boring as hell
>>
File: 1447829302857.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1447829302857.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>26201658

you still get yard time in solitary...

>tfw prisoners in solitary confinement probably spend more time outside than many people on this scandinavian ice fishing board.
>>
I'd take finegan's wake and Sun Tzu's art of war in there. I wouldn't emerge till I understood Finegan's Wake.
>>
>>26201658
Easily a week, probably a month, if the food was good maybe a year.

The only thing I've had that has never let me down my whole life is my imagination, It's so powerful I can trick myself into believing whatever I want. I can day dream and lose myself for days, I've considering trying to become a writer because of the amazing stories I think up but as you can tell my grammar is too bad for that.

24 hours of that would literally be easier than walking through a park for me.
>>
>>26201658
For a long period I had no electronics or friends.
Practically nobody to talk to.
I did last for (too) long, but if I was also locked up in a room I'd freak out.

Give me a computer with internet and I can spend years without going completely crazy.

But books and writing gets boring a lot faster than you think.
>>
>>26201658
is she in there?
can i smell those armpits?
>>
>>26201658
>these people will have nothing to do!
>oh except you know.. stroke their ego to a camera
>a camera recording shit they know people will watch
>they're all talking to thousands of people

It wouldn't be hard but I'd like a good reason as to why I'd do it
>>
File: 10259892a.jpg (65KB, 1200x874px) Image search: [Google]
10259892a.jpg
65KB, 1200x874px
>Super Pose book + Vilppu Drawing Manual

pretty long time desu
>>
Yes. I'd think any robot could do it since we're so used to being alone.
>>
>>26201739
Your grammar is actually ok, you should become a writer. Besides, if you do grammar will be a minor thing, editors will be based and check it.
>>
im basically like this right now..
i block the window, because there is no curtains,
also leave room only cause toilet and food,
and of course im with my computer+internet, but without books.
>>
Typing this from the comfort of my bedroom, I think I could handle 24 hours solitary.
But I have never been that long with nothing but bare walls to stare at
>>
>>26201658

I was in jail for a few years, did several week long stints in solitary.

It is piss easy and the best time, alone with your thoughts, no retarded people asking you questions or trying to fight.

Super relaxing if you have an imagination, just day dream, workout, eat meals.
>>
I think I could last for a long time.

I would take The Epic of Gilgamesh and Aristotle's Politics.
I would make a routine of reading, meditating, writing, drawing and exercising.
I would make masturbation a reward for surviving each week.

Frankly, the only difference between solitary confinement and my daily life is the lack of natural light and electronics which aren't very important.
>>
File: 12491625641.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12491625641.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>26201840
Thank you anon. I don't usually admit to living in my imagination but your post made me very happy.
>>
I wouldn't be able to do even 3 hours if I can't have cigarettes.
>>
Sure it would be boring, but better than rubbing shoulders with normie convicts
>>
File: 1449176657498.png (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449176657498.png
64KB, 500x500px
Indefinitely. It's basically my life right now, except without 4chan. I generally have human contact four times a month, when I go shopping for groceries. I don't have any outdoor hobbies either. Even vidya has started to become boring and unfulfilling.

Spend the days meditating and writing, the nights lucid dreaming. Just waiting for death, really, which is what I'm already doing.
>>
>>26201658
24 hours would be easy, I already sleep 17 hours a day. I think I would start getting screwy after a month or two. If I had a computer I could last for years. I don't need to chat or contact people but just to watch movies or read articles or look at pictures of places.
>>
>>26201917
what personal effects are allowed, can you decorate your cell?
>>
>>26202230
How can you support your neetlife?
>>
>>26202542
neetbux, 480 eur/month on top of rent and utilities
>>
With a couple of books of my choosing i could last in there for years without going completely crazy.

I would probably chose some books to learn a new language, that way i could talk to myself and pronounce a new language for practice at the same time.
>>
>>26202276
>I already sleep 17 hours a day
How is that even possible? You need to see a doctor
>>
Well, you'll prob have a window. They wouldn't let you have a pen though.
>>
>>26201834
Oh I want to fuck her like this so bad
>>
>>26201658
Infinity.

I find myself very amusing :-)
>>
>>26201658
If I have two books and a notepad, maybe a week, depending on the book.
Once I finish the books I would probably be pretty bored.
>>
>>26201658
do I get to choose the books and do I only get one pad? if I get to pick the books I can stay forever very easily. if not, it would be a bumpy ride but I could endure
>>
>>26201658
i already talk to myself, really the only difference that would make is the removal of my laptop.
probably a couple months before going batshit insane?
>>
>>26201658
I'd prefer this to my current life, to be honest. I'd take stacks project book, and Cornell--Silverman Arithmetic Geometry to read. Would last a few years for sure.
>>
>>26201658
I spent 2.5 months in actual solitary in jail. I mostly just read, read, read. Writing occasionally, making little songs or poems. Sometimes just daydreaming. After a few weeks things started to get really weird. My lack of human interaction was taking its toll on me and my fantasies and writings were getting stranger and stranger.
>>
>>26202134
Something about being in an environment where cigarettes are a complete impossibility totally squashes the urge for me.
>>
I am not into reading, but if i had my computer and 3 decent meals (not fucking bread and bologne) I could do it forever. Even if it involved not getting sites where you can communicate I would still be able to find something i could enjoy
>>
>>26201717
>Finegan's Wake
>Finegan's
lrn 2 cpel
>>
>>26201658
>only two books, a notepad, and a pen allowed
Can I get empty sheet music instead of a notepad?
For the books I'd take a Bible and a phone book
>>
>>26201702
Yard time and cell mates actually sound like the worst part of prison
I don't want to socialize with these savage niggers and other violent animals

If I had the chance to live in a prison like the one Breivik is in, without yard time or cell mates, I would do it. Would be awesome. Nothing to worry about, just watching TV, playing video games, reading stuff on Wikipedia

would be like my current life, minus the internet
>>
File: temp.jpg (17KB, 376x250px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
17KB, 376x250px
>>26201658
Thought she had a dick for a second...
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.