[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to overcome Social Anxiety Disorder, or will I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1454040894159.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1454040894159.png
33KB, 917x1186px
Is it possible to overcome Social Anxiety Disorder, or will I be a shut-in, friendless, neurotic loser until I kill myself?
>>
File: 1453866441682.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1453866441682.png
30KB, 747x491px
I should mention that I've tried tons of medications (including benzos) as well as CBT and nothing's really helped so far. There's really no point in me continuing to """""live""""" if things are just going to stay like this.
>>
Go outside. Stay off the computer.
It's painful, but you'll habituate. It won't make your social anxiety significantly better, but you'll appear less like an autisitic neet fuck when you are in front of people. I can say from personal experience - I'm currently experiencing an autism phase.
>>
>>26193503
See when people feel like there's nothing that will change the way the are it pisses me off. Humans have this awesome capability that the more they do something the better they get at it. The more you try not to be a shut-in loser the less you will be. Even if it feels uncomfortable and frightening it gets better and better the more you try
>>
>>26193552
I hope you get better.
Love,
Robot
>>
>>26193664
there's the peculiarity of the human condition - you can't do something constructive even though you want to. Telling someone with severe SAD to suck it up and go outside isn't all that effective, I mean the dude does CBT and he's still a shut-in.
>>
>>26193503
You can start with a small group of one or two people. Quiet people get underrated by the press, but are truly valuable in society.
also
>>26193589
>>
>>26193552

>as well as CBT

i'm pretty sure that cock and ball torture isn't going to help your anxiety bro

trust me, i know.
>>
>>26193737
The peculiarity of the human condition is that people are in a constant state of flux and they are extremely bad at seeing the future or their own ability to build their own future.
>>
>>26193737
I mean I'm not saying it's easy. I've been a depressed anxious fuck for most of my life and the only thing that turned it around was me doing things that an anxious depressed fuck would do. I started going outside, drawing more, started educating myself, and talking to people even if I ended up looking like a tard. There's no way to get better at something unless you do it
>>
>>26193664
See, but that doesn't work. Before I dropped out of school, I had two years' worth of college to test this. For two years, in every class, I forced myself to raise my hand and participate. I figured it would get less scary as time went on and I got more accustomed to it. But guess what? I was just as nervous speaking on the last day of the semester as I was on the first. I was just as much of a sputtering retard mess at the end of those two years as I was at the beginning, and I forced myself to do this every single day. It didn't help.

I also get extremely nervous when I'm outside. I've walked down the same street in the same neighborhood for twenty years and I still feel like shitting my pants every time I'm outside.

Maybe exposure works for some people, but it doesn't do much for me.
>>
>>26193503
Imagine that you suddenly had good looks, health, a lot of money, a few good abilities and people that care about you. Would you have the same anxiety that you have now?
>>
>>26193737
wrong-o was his name-o tried cbt and medications including benzos like OP and I have GAD not SAD and if you just suck it the fuck up and be an adult you get used to it
>>
>>26193852
I mean of course it doesn't work for everyone but what's the alternative? Sitting in your house all day hoping that one day you'll just be able to talk to someone without questioning every conversational decision? Regardless of how difficult something is the only way to get better at it is to try and try again. Doesn't work after awhile? Try a different approach. A lot of the problems probably come from self confidence. If that's the case start with something different. Pick up an instrument or start drawing. Do it every day and see that you can become better at it. See what you're truly capable of. Remember that all of us are going to die one day so that minor awkward thing you did a month ago doesn't matter in the long run.
>>
>>26193503
>>26193552
I've overcame it. I legitimately shut myself in my room for nearly about 11 years of my life when I was a kid. I'd skip out of school to sit there and write code all day out of an odd obsession. Don't get me wrong, I still do that. Although, the difference now is that I'm writing this from a bar with my headphones in. I just legitimately stopped giving a fuck about people and their thoughts about me. It helps so much, because I just wanted to actually _live_.

Ask yourself something: how much do I really want to get out of this severely crippling lifestyle? You're already going as far as making a thread about it. Think about it. You want to be freed from this. So, you've got to now convince yourself to take the steps.

I've got faith in you. Create a personal journal and document successes and failures everyday. It doesn't matter how or where you start, just make effort.
>>
>>26193503
Don't bother, the more you interact with people the more you hate them. It's better to just be afraid.
>>
File: 1451363670754.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451363670754.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>>26193941
Wow, it's... it's almost like those are two entirely different disorders! Good job, you sure showed that lazy, whiny baby!
>>
>>26194052
GAD is the daddy of SAD you retard?
>>
>>26193871
Of course not, but how in the world does that help me? I don't have any of those things, and can't get any of them because I can't talk to people or go outside. I'm also genetically-fucked and physically deformed, so there's not much I can do in that department.
>>
>>26194088
But the source of anxiety for both is completely different, you fucking pitiful idiot, as are the thought patterns that sufferers experience.
>>
File: 1440480470371.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1440480470371.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>>26193503
>Is it possible to overcome Social Anxiety Disorder

possibly

i almost did it once a few years ago but i just ended up getting cruelly backstabbed by the first friends i ever made an effort to make myself, then everything just got worse and worse until i couldn't cope anymore and had to drop out of hs.

if you can somehow manage to take that first step like i did and don't end up with shit friends like i did you might be able to do it, but people in general are assholes so good fucking luck.
>>
>>26193503
Just do your best!
>>
>>26194111
Looks: Train, learn to use make up (not kidding)
Health: Choose healthier food, train.
Abilities: Choose something that you like, and commit to it. Learn to play piano or something, anything that you like.
People: Go to a forum instead of coming here, someplace where you can actually talk about not depressing things , and can create a sort of bond.
Money: I wish I knew how to make money easily. So look for a job, right now I'm working in an office in IT. I'm the only one working at night in a 15 floors building.

You can start by doing things from your home. Eventually, you'll feel better and will want to go outside. The determination to change and the first steps are vital.
>>
>>26193832
sounds to me like you did not ever even have social anxiety and were just a shy cunt, thats why you were able to overcome it so easily. your shitty advice does not help because you have no idea what is like to actually have social anxiety, just leave this thread retard your input is not needed.
>>
Why the fuck do you even want friends? People are boring energy-draining pieces of shit anyway.

There's a reason I feel significantly less exhausted when I have a chance to not interact with people.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.