[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star wars and normies.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1450366669560.gif (973KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1450366669560.gif
973KB, 500x375px
What's up with normies assuming i like Star Wars?
>tfw talking to a grill in class
> she says she likes star wars
> she asks me if i like it
> i say i don't really like it
>she says a loud What!!
>class hears it and says "bro are you serious?
>people now think i'm worse than Hitler because i never got into star wars

Why do people assume i like it?
I've had like 3 different people ask me if i was excited.
Just because i play my 3ds and vita doesn't mean i'm into the star wars subculture.
What's up with normies and their obsession with it.
>>
>>26193247
You could've said yes, you stupid goddamn sperg. She was trying to connect with you.

Fuck this place. You are all so goddamn stupid.
>>
>>26193283
Yeah he should lie to people to get them to like him, that's good advice it will definitely help you connect with other people.
>>
>>26193283
You're the stupid one desu.
>>
Just remain indecisive and distant at all times with normies, they overreact to anything that their brain can't comprehend, such as not liking things they like

Instead of no say "Never watched it" and they will proceed to try to get you to watch it and you can simply say yeah you'll get around to it soon and move on.
>>
because the movie made it the new le nerd xDDDDDD material
>>
File: 1423528045765.png (98KB, 306x291px) Image search: [Google]
1423528045765.png
98KB, 306x291px
>>26193283

>Say yes
>Oh! What one is your favourite?! I loved 'this' and 'this'

It'd just get worse. Not everyone is going to be into the same shit. I got pressured into fucking watching GoT multiple times because it's 'so me'
>>
>>26193283
This, holy shit.

>hello I would like to make a connection with you I will choose the most inoffensive thing of all time and ask if you like it all you have to do is nod your head and we are friends
>I HATE IT ALSO WHY DO ALL WOMEN NEVER SHOW INTEREST IN ME

>>26193410
Also this to a lesser degree.

The comedy option is to go fucking nuts about some trivial IV-VI bullshit and see if she tolerates it in order to have something in common with you.

This is a git gud moment for you, OP.
>>
>>26193247
Geek culture is the new norm for normies, watch their reaction if you say you dislike marvel.
>>
>>26193247
its not that they assume you personally like star wars, its that they assume EVERYONE likes star wars, because star wars is the new hottest mainstream "nerd" clique for obvious reasons.
the problem really is how do we get normalfags out of "nerd" culture
>>
>>26193569

>Being this sperg

He clearly just indicated that he did not like the films, what's the problem here? Why should you pretend to be into something you're not when people are apparantly going to judge you on it? On fucking media no less.
>>
>>26193247
I think you took it the wrong way they would've said that whaaaat?! to anybody and they were trying to be friendly
>>
>>26193283
You are a real life, breathing, worthless fucking moron. I would take the time to explain to you the depths of your retardation, but you are beyond help. You will continue to be a fucking moron until the day you die. Hopefully that day will come soon and it will get here by you killing yourself. You dumb self-entitled cuck.
>>
He could have kept a lighthearted conversation going and be honest at the same time.
>>
>>26193247
"Naw I never really got into it. I know it has a really big following though, huh."

That may not be the best option for communicating with the normies, but you have to connect with them somehow. Like an observation of something such as the popularity of star wars rather than your own personal opinion on it. They can go on about their own opinions after that or spin it back to you just say something encouraging of their opinion without being demeaning to your opinion. I know you're probably autistic and this kind of analysis is probably what you need. Just have a generic response that is encouraging to them without putting yourself down.
>>
>>26193344
Well, yes.
>>
File: 1454173626812.jpg (32KB, 410x396px) Image search: [Google]
1454173626812.jpg
32KB, 410x396px
starwars is pretty mediocre scifi anyway
>>
>>26193247
People are so obsessed with it right now because it's relevant. It gives them something to meaninglessly talk and relate about because most people are mindless sheep that don't think for themselves. They search for the gratification of others and use whatever current social ploy to do so. TL;DR no one actually cares that much about Star Wars, they just pretend to care because they think everyone else cares
>>
>>26193651
>spell out what she is actually saying for you
>you continue to insist on using a literal, stupid reading of what she is saying
>I am the sperg somehow here
>>
File: 1420141314016.png (77KB, 338x253px) Image search: [Google]
1420141314016.png
77KB, 338x253px
>>26194141

>Just lie about yourself and pretend you're into these things
>There will be absolutely no trust repercussions afterwards when it comes to fruition that you do not infact enjoy or care about said media/hobby

Wakey wakey betaboi, when you're out of school you'll realise that people will understand that not everyone is into the same things.
>>
>>26194339
>give three options in my post
>only one of them is complete agreement
>focus on the option that is complete agreement and continue to ignore the central point, which was that she was not ultimately asking about star wars, but asking an easy will-you-be-my-friend-y/y question
>>
>>26193410
OR IF THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO WATCH IT, GO WATCH IT... ESPECIALLY IF THE GIRL IS A QT.

Sometimes, I feel like maybe I'm just a manipulative cunt, but seeing the shit that goes on here assures me that I'm gonna make it.
>>
>>26194399
>OP wanted to be friends with her
>Everyone on /r9k/ is some desperate for acceptance from anyone faggot
>The majority of people on /r9k/ aren't loners by choice
Wew lad
>>
>>26193344
Actually it is you asshat

iherd you liek mudkips
>>
File: 1451882592185.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451882592185.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>26194399

>Was not ultimately asking about star wars

No, that's why she exclaimed loudly and the entire class was involved right? This isn't a dream world bud, not everyone talking to you wants to be your friend, some people make idle chat believe it or not.

Two of the options is still lying when really why do you give a fuck if someone judges you differently just because you haven't seen 'THE BIG IN THING!' Sounds like you belong in hot-topic m80.

The third option, whilst said as comedy, I doubt you actually meant since that's more sperg than pretending to like something you don't.

You're not the girl mentioned in the OP are you?
>>
>>26193976
>>26194497

You guys are faggots desu desu desu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.