[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you actually meet girls at a bookstore? I see those dumb

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: barnes-and-noble-booksellers.jpg (37KB, 459x362px) Image search: [Google]
barnes-and-noble-booksellers.jpg
37KB, 459x362px
Can you actually meet girls at a bookstore? I see those dumb tumblr posts all the time about how guys should approach a girl and buy her a book instead of coffee.

Anyone have stories/success with this?
>>
yep, seems like a great idea to bother people who are shopping or reading a book in silence

like most things, it only works if you're a chad, other than that you're an annoying creep that should fade away
>>
>>26181438
If you're good looking you can meet girls anywhere.
>>
>>26181438
I don't know why anyone would want to be bothered if they're there to read a book in silence and solitude. Unless you're attempting to have a conversation which directly pertains to the literature at hand, leave me the fuck alone.

Of course, Chad can do whatever he wants.
>>
No that only happens in movies. I volunteered at a book sale and a qt girl was acting all shy and tried to talk to me laughing at my jokes and shit, but it turned out she only was interested because she thought I was rich. A week later she stopped talking to me and dated a rich as fuck Chad.
>>
>Hang out in bookstores and coffeeshops!

Its on a par with "Join a salsa dancing class!" for normie-tier, patronising dating advice
>>
I had a 5/10 approach me while reading some anime depiction of Alice and Wonderland and she asked me if I wanted to donate to the charity for deez nutz, was she trying to hit on me? This was like 4 months ago.
>>
bookstores still exist?
>>
If someone approaches me and is pleasant and nice, you can meet me anywhere.
>>
>>26181438
>how guys should approach a girl and buy her
>buy her

No thanks
>>
>Bookstores
>Existing
>2016

Pick two of the three.
>>
>>26181570
Bookstores exist in my country but I can't ever imagine someone socializing in them. Must be an american thing.
>>
File: 1453676977610.gif (943KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
1453676977610.gif
943KB, 500x210px
I'm not a bad looking guy and i visit a book store every monday on my break and go to various coffee shops most days of the week.

Not a single person has ever said a word to me.
>>
>>26181438
>"H-hi there, u-u-um, can I buy you a b-book"
>"Jesus Anon, get the fuck away from me"

I don't think any girl is worth getting when they're in a B&N. Most attractive girls that go there just become Tumblr-cunts that are trying to be hipster attention whoring fags.
>>
>>26181604
Maybe you're not being yourself enough.
>>
>>26181604
fucking entitled shitlord why do you expect women to just talk to you

you do all the work you cis creep fuck
>>
>>26181602
USA here.

I think there's one Barnes and Nobles and one small independent bookstore in my city. Both look like they're on their last legs (never see many cars in the parking lot in either whenever I pass them).
>>
>>26181547
>>26181547
Not for long :^)

Good fucking riddance, I say.
>>
>>26181645
But do people really socialize in them? To me a bookstore is just a store you buy books in, like any other store. Not sure what the difference is.
>>
>>26181695
They sell coffee and hipsters sit there to read books while sipping on mocaccino soy latte or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>26181547
I like to buy a book from mine every month or so just because its sad to look at it slowly dying.
>>
>>26181725
ok so it's like a coffeshop library fusion. Here they just sell books and writing supplies.
>>
>>26181614
underrated post for sure
>>
>>26181438
>I see these dumb tumblr posts
Go back whence you came.
>>
>>26181570
>2016
>existing
JUST
>>
>>26181570
>implying I don't have two bookstores nearby
>implying they don't always have people in them
Get out of hicksville or the midwest.
>>
>about how guys should approach a girl and buy her a book

what is this lunacy? think about this realistically for a second. you buy something for somebody in order to get closer to them.

guess what happens. that will only creep/weird them out about you.
>>
What are my fellow robots reading right now? I just started Castle of Otranto.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.