[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /v/ so fucking shit at talking about video games?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 1449633258316.jpg (48KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1449633258316.jpg
48KB, 1111x597px
Why is /v/ so fucking shit at talking about video games?
>>
>>26174899
Video games are for chiIdren.
>>
Because video games in general are shit and only really played by shitty people.

I tend to just stay with MMORPGs because actual "gamers" don't play them.
>>
>>26174936
>MMORPG

Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>26174936
>actual "gamers" don't play them
Then you just get ERP'ing furries and neckbeard anime girls.
>>
same reason /b/ and /r9k/ are shit. it's mostly 16-22 year olds.
>>
File: 1444499768474.jpg (233KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1444499768474.jpg
233KB, 1280x1280px
>manchild - the board complaining about people playing games
>>
>>26175011
This is the only real answer here. Mature, intelligent people just aren't the majority.
>>
>>26174899
Why is /a/ so fucking shit at talking about anime?
>>
what is there to talk about. what do you want. you sound like a neofaggot
>>
>>26175050
/a/ is actually pretty good at discussing anime that's not currently airing.
>>
File: Cranky Advice.png (476KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
Cranky Advice.png
476KB, 574x413px
Real men have intelligent hobbies such as reading books.

>video games are art!
>It's a respectable form of media!
>It's not just for kids!
>>
>Dragons dogma threads everyday
Holy shit the game is an unfinished pile of shit.
How can anyone defend it?
>>
>>26175112
I just play video games because it's a good time-sink.
>real men do X
>games is art
>caring about respect or something
Get fucked retard.
>>
It's one of the biggest boards and it's focused on a topic that draws in teenagers. Same thing with /a/ and /b/ really.
>>
>>26175201
>Timesink
A good way to tell how someone is young is when they say they do things as a timesink. Time really does speed up as you get older.
>>
File: 1454045959268.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454045959268.gif
2MB, 540x304px
Maybe you should be playing older games to discuss.
>>
>>26175866
Yeah no shit but who gives a fuck?
I know plenty of people older than me that piss away all their time watching TV.
You're just a pretentious pseudo-intellectual faggot.
Get fucked retard. Go back to /lit/ and talk about how enlightened you are.
>>
what on earth makes you think that /v/ knows anything or likes anything about video games in the first place
>>
File: 22056978.png (937KB, 926x1080px) Image search: [Google]
22056978.png
937KB, 926x1080px
>>26175882
Not even the same person, just making a comment.
I was playing NSMB2 all yesterday, so I'm not really going to judge people playing vidya.
Have a loli.
>>
> The major age demographic of /v/ is 12-16
> The average "gamer" is a mentally stunted manchild
> Gaming "communities" in general have become so toxic that memes and child-like anger fits are the only two forms of communication

The only place ive seen with somewhat decent discussion is rpgcodex.net
>>
>>26175112
Video games are games. I don't see why people are trying to force them as art. I don't see why so many people that play video games have such an inferiority complex that they need to be taken seriously. If you have to force your way into it then you will never be taken seriously rather than letting the flow of time take its course. Things will happen naturally.
>>
>>26175112
Video games are waste of time for sure, but that's kind of the reason why I do it. With my non-exisiting attention span and tendency to get bored while doing anything, terrible videogames are the only thing that makes me waste my time without me beign self-contiuos, maybe drugs would help as well, but they're expensive.
>>
>>26174899
/v/ is cancer
>you don't like this game that I like, what a pleb
>you actually USE a device designed for playing video games rather than a PC??? KEK XDD
>boo hoo, [insert developer here] ruined this gaym, not buying this now!!
>>
File: 1449637262145.jpg (43KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1449637262145.jpg
43KB, 337x404px
>>26177618
Did you actually buy a ps4? holy shit
>>
/v/ is just /b/ thinly veiled with a videogame theme. If you want to talk about videogames, go to /vp/ or /vg/.
>>
I make vidya threads here on occasion. They get far more discussion than anything you could've hoped out of /v/
>>
File: 1428702066128.gif (649KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428702066128.gif
649KB, 300x300px
I use /vr/.
>>
>>26177864
/vr/ trooper here. Why is the board turning to shit?
>>
>>26177618
>you bought a device designed to jew you into thinking it works better than a pc for its use
>you bought outdated hardware at twice its price
>you buy casualshit that's released every year and every year is the same as the last
>devs give their asses to publishers, and whore their game out for a couple of shekels smearing it in shit.

gee anon, /v/ sure is shit, i'll now tell them about bloodsouls of duy 3 collector's edition and how it's totally an original and objectively good game even if it repeated everything its prequels did, and it's full of bugs and is sold in 3 separate parts that fill the story line, each costing 60$.

You're the reason why vydia dies anon.
That's why every chan's /v/ would hate you.
>>
>>26177891
Just gotta take it easy. Obviously there are some malicious people there that want to spam the board with certain threads to try to get their own way, or games/series that have had enough exposure to have various opinions about them. Mostly Castlevania and Final Fantasy threads where they say "This game is the best and this one is irredeemable shit".

With that said there are still good threads about.

Though with that said it is one of the reasons to why I don't want 6th generation to be allowed at the moment, because it would have an obvious influx of people just for that generation and it certainly won't make matters better for the board at the moment.
>>
>>26174899
>>26174936
Its because you niggers don't make the right threads.
v has a better FFXIV thread than vg. vg never talks about the fucking game.
>>
>>26174899
The same exact reason that /mu/ and /tv/ are cancer. The problem is that they're based on subjective mediums that appeal to personal tastes. Every thread has some form of "stop liking what I don't like" and "patrician/plebian taste" that everyone blindly follows and then ostracize people who don't.

And they complain about Reddit being a hivemind.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.