[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here has a degree yet still is unemployeed or in a shitty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (64KB, 797x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 797x957px
who here has a degree yet still is unemployeed or in a shitty job

get a degree they said. it will make you successful and get you a job they said.

now I have a fucking degree and no one will hire me
>>
Whats ur major brub
>>
>tfw your degree says BA and not BSc

I JUST WANT TO WORK

SOMEONE GIVE ME A JOB PLEEEEASE

REEEEEEEEE
>>
What is your degree fuckwit?
Maybe it's your own fault for majoring in something stupid.
>>
>tfw you're stuck in the old catch 22 where you need the job to get experience but you can't get experience without the job

The funny part is they wants years of experience for entry level jobs now.
I've worked my shitty job for 7 years and it means nothing.

I'm loyal, hard working, and fairly smart but none of that matters. Especially if I don't have a drivers license or 100% flexibility. (I care for my autistic younger brother part time, and I've had to support my family financially for the last few years)

People wonder why I'm so pessimistic and passionless. Well can they blame me?

The thing is, I already know that even if I did get my shot, because I'm not the most aggressive or ambitious person I'll get drowned out and not be promoted anyway.

I'm always going to be a loser no matter how hard I try, and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>26173668
Degree inflation from every retard going to college
Employers are beginning to realize the smartest people are dropouts.

When i dropped out i was hoping this would.happen
>>
>>26173835
brah half of the population has an iq lower than 100. not everyone can into physics and math

inb4
>hurr everyones just lazy if i can do it everyone can durr just work hard
>>
>every job that isn't shit tier has a million applications for each opening
>even if you beat the odds and actually get an interview they will just hire some manager's niece anyways
>>
>>26173857
let me guess, it didn't happen
>>
>>26173857
>degree inflation
the problem starts sooner. 'every retard' is going to college because there are no jobs in the first place
>>
4chan (and other edgy internet places on the internet) are the only places you will find people who actually believe having a degree makes them worse off in anyway whatsoever regardless of their current situation.

Like, literally shut the fuck up.

You could be a highschool drop out, or be someone who didn't goto college, who is literally stuck for life not being able to progress much at all in the work force, needing to rely on pension when your older because your body is too fucked up to work and you aren't qualified enough to get any white-collar job because you never bothered getting a degree.

Even if you have NO work and even have NO chance at getting a job in your current location/situation, just be happy you HAVE A FUCKING DEGREE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

My old man is like 62, worked blue-collar his entire life. He can't afford to retire but also can't work his job anymore due to his body being fucked up. The place he worked out got shut down and he has been unable to find a job because he has no fucking education/skills to get a non-laborious job. Meanwhile my dads brother is 71 and still works in his white-collar job without any issues and he basically will be able to continue working there as long as he wants because his body isn't fucked up and he has the education to get any white-collar non-labor work.
>>
>>26173945

Not true. Everyone started going to college because starting in the 90s society decided to tell every single child they will get a good job if they just get a college degree and they are failures if they don't go to college. That may have been true once upon a time but now it isn't.
>>
File: 1454042711397.jpg (91KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1454042711397.jpg
91KB, 500x563px
>>26173921
No you're just to lazy to learn math so you decided to go into Psychology or English.
Fuck off you idiot. You deserve to have shitty prospects.
You pissed away years of your life on a worthless degree and now you have nothing to contribute to the real world.
Narcissistic faggot.
>>
Literally the worst majors to be a part of are

> X studies
> biology (human, medical emph)
> history
>english
>psychology

If you have things like
>chem
>math
>econ
>X engineering
>business

Then youre set and can easily find something no problem. This is entirely the fault especilly of the need for medical professionals, this caused all the new college students to go into bio, hence supplu of grads of bio is way too fucking high.

Im so happy i switched my major to analytical chemistry. I just clean shit all day for 40k.
>>
>>26174007
What about criminology?
>>
>>26174007
In my country, you can do a year of computer engineering at a trade school and then go straight into the work force.
Then the company will pay for more courses if they need you to take them for going into better positions.
>>
I got a degree in psychology because I was young and stupid and didn't know any better. Thought I'd be doing research with the military to improve soldier effectiveness.

Got a job with an engineering firm as a technician, worked for them for about two years. Got let go recently.

Gonna go back to school for mechanical or structural engineering if I can. Psychology is retarded. Don't do it.
>>
>>26173998
2/10

try harder faggot. unless youre genuinely mad then you should maybe rethink your life, because if stem makes you this miserable and angry maybe it wasnt a good idea after all
>>
>>26174030

Only if it involves forensic analysis and technical classes like database management and classifications. Otherwise the theory of criminology is useless unless u wish to go into the law force or justice department.
>>
>>26174007
I'm a current Chem major, do you recommend analytical? I've heard that emphasis has the best job prospects cause everything could use an a analytical chemist, but personally I enjoy organic more, thoughts?
>>
>>26174007
>tfw history major and now working in software engineering

get fucked kiddos

it's all about skills
>>
>>26174065
People like you make me miserable and angry because you're so fucking entitled.

You made a bad choice and now you are experiencing the consequences.
Why are you so afraid to tell me what you majored in?
>>
>>26174058
>psychology
>military

Dude they hire like fucking 20+ year experts in psychology and therapy in the PSYOP for military purposes and testing. Ud be fucked for a long time unless u have connections to begin an early career. Stick to your technical skills and later in life think bout psychology maybe for a fall back career.
>>
>>26174058
>degree in psychology
>job as technician
what
>>
>>26174114
i didnt major in anything, i learned a trade instead
>>
>>26174125
Yeah I tried to get in good with a few of them but they're very elusive. There's a reason I stopped pursuing it.
>>26174126
You don't technically need a degree to be a tech.
>>
>>26174086

Analytical is low pay and ur expected to take all your technical lab safety classes and do the fucking ACS analytical test, which is a bitch.

Organic is a far higher demand field, and u could do bullshit lile organometallic spectroscopy research and look like a god for wet lab positions at unis.

I chose analytical because im good with the tools and machines. Organic and arrow pushing is fun but you will be expected no matter what you do to teach at some point (career proficiency exams)
>>
International Relations Major here. No idea what the fuck to do with it now. How do I go about getting a job after graduation without rich kid connections?
>>
>no college whatsoever
>tfw making 56k with my union certification alone
>>
>>26173855
Tl;dr tits or gtfo fagot
>>
>>26174206
You were supposed to network in college.
>>
>>26173855
>waah I don't have a license
You have no excuse there.
>>
>>26174173
Ah okay thanks for the info. Other thing is have you done grad school? Whether you did or not I'm wondering what you think of it. I've heard there are a lot of glass ceilings unless you have a PhD but I'm also kinda burned out from student life and kinda want to make some money. I have a foot in the door at Amgen but I've heard that if you're gonna do grad school that it's best to just go straight into it. So kinda stuck wondering which I shoud commit to. I work in a natural products synthesis lab and I see how much work grad life is and not very jealous
>>
>>26173668
I feel ya anon. I have a BA in professional writing and I'm a shift manager in retail. It's fucking suffering. Applying to do my phd though, in the vain hope of getting out of this flourescent hell.
>>
File: XJKSGfo.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
XJKSGfo.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>26174252
Yes ive done grad school. Chemists should always have their masters, and many unis offer the accelerated masters for chemists.

I recommend places like usf, UT, georgia tech, as they will pay for your masters thanks to the high as fuck chemistry professor grants those places receive.

Many programs are good, and you dont have to commit to one program and follow it for life. I did my thesis on thermostability in drug processing utilizing uv absorptive tools in the computational chem department and enjoyed it. It was super cheap since it was theory based.

But yes grad school is a must, and its for good reason. Visit any lab near u, like private ones and no one who makes a decent wage is below phd. Masters will make people want to pay for ur phd later on in your career.
>>
File: 1454214014702.png (313KB, 506x518px) Image search: [Google]
1454214014702.png
313KB, 506x518px
>>26174252
I studied horticulture and genetics.

My job now is little lame but I just got a job offer from a precision agriculture company that I interned with last year for 50k
>>
>>26173785
A BSc is just as useless. It's a slightly better brand of toilet paper when you compare it to a BA.
>>
File: 1453423494552.jpg (69KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453423494552.jpg
69KB, 712x750px
>>26174252
>>26174399
Woops didn't mean to reply
>>
>BsC in business economics
>getting a master's in accountancy next
>planning on doing a post master graduate to become an auditor
>shit tier job as an industrial cleaner, scrubbing floors in a factory

I like auditing but I can't stand all these fucking normies being all outgoing and competitive.
The people at audit firms I've met are either Chads, Stacys or middle aged autists.
I just want to do my job and go home, shitpost and jack off all night.
>>
>>26174437
Dude this is an easy solution. Just seize a property from ur family, liquidate it, and go invest in a stock portfolio.

If your money increases by 20 percent by end of the month, become an angel investor.

If you lose everything, become an insurance agent

Win win
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 269x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 269x273px
>>26174359
Thanks, that's kinda what I was assuming too. better start studying for the GRE
>>
File: j75vIc8.png (89KB, 524x499px) Image search: [Google]
j75vIc8.png
89KB, 524x499px
>>26174511
Please domt be like me and mistake an essay question for a survey given at the end of the gre. Fucking got a 162 quant, 157 read and 1.5 writing my first time.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 582x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 582x741px
>>26174544
I like to think I'm not retarted. But then I see that I'm on /r9k/
>>
>>26174412
They're quite good if you're doing a double degree tho.

I mean, how does one fail do get a job with Bed and B.sc or LLB with Ba?
>>
>>26173717
>>26173835

Its a technical degree that is crucial to the operation of a business so suck it
>>
>>26174437

I fucking hate all the chads and Stacey's pretending to be all chummy with each other during their stupid fucking networking events

Business attracts the biggest blow hard ultra chads
>>
>>26173668
I do, but im from one of the country of europe woth the highest unemployement rate so...
>>
>>26173668
I got my degree in 2012. I got a job almost instantly but lost it almost two years later, in 2014. I've been NEET since then.
>>
>>26173986
Exactly this. Fuck college. It was pointless. I just want my youth back.

There are so many people in the world now. There's so much more competition because our parents generation had so many kids.
>>
>>26175147
Kek you're right, remember ole Thurmer? Phoniest bastard you've ever seen, believe me. He'd go around talking to all the parents and getting to know them and all, but the thing is, if they didn't have some hotshot job and all he would humor them, pretend to be interested and all, but you could really tell he had no will to continue talking to someone without any importance. Phonies, when will they learn
>>
Watch out, the mods might remove this thread too.
>>
>>26174007
I am studying to get my bachelor's and at my university al the dumb-dumbs go into analytical chem, because it's so easy.
Personally, I lean toward biochem. Thoughts on that?
>>
>>26175147
Is that your experience at uni or at your workplace? I have an LLB and BA and I've been working as a public servant for nearly four years now and the people I work with are generally snobs who look down on people who didn't get high distinctions in uni.
>>
Me. I taught for a year and it's pretty much all I can do but it's the most stressful thing ever. Trying to get into government or university jobs or a library.
>>
>>26173668

I work in a supermarket and the only reason I got that job was because I didn't tell them I went to uni. Everyone else has rejected me.
>>
>degree in physics
>jobless
>kissless
>ugly female

Why live
>>
>>26174007
>Econ

Hahaha been underemployed for two years now
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.