[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the one thing you'd want someone to take away

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (109KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 640x625px
What's the one thing you'd want someone to take away from this website?
>>
what, like learn from it, or remove?
>>
you OP
>>
>>26172571
My life
Original something something
>>
Reddih
>>
90% of the userbase
that probably includes me, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make
>>
weeaboos and everything anime-related.
>>
>>26172571
Picture of a butthole
>>
all the normies, so I can be with my people once again
>>
>>26172611
>>26172617
>>26172633
>>26172650
u misunderstand question
>>
>>26172686
No, I just chose to interpret it differently.
>>
I'm OP and my question was different but I'm liking the answers anyway.
>>
File: mvu48sVpYy1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg (93KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
mvu48sVpYy1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg
93KB, 600x800px
>>26172571
Thanks for the shmegeh.
>>
File: 1435472836203.jpg (193KB, 439x656px) Image search: [Google]
1435472836203.jpg
193KB, 439x656px
>>26172571
Really if just one young man is able to learn from our mistakes, and is able to live a fulfilling and successful life due to this, in my mind at least that will give worth to all our lives.
>>
>>26172686
well if we're talking about what we think people should learn from this place it's this:
ignore people who are being retarded, whether they're legitimately retarded or just pretending.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x620px
>>26172776
No problem, Shmegeh bro
>>
> you'll never look as good and creepy as shmegeh
kill me
>>
File: S8661Jb.png (502KB, 251x335px) Image search: [Google]
S8661Jb.png
502KB, 251x335px
>>26172827
dump yours

>>26172865
Why would you want to? youdirtyattentionwhore
>>
>>26172788
That's actually a really good point, but damn is it hard sometimes. also nice dubs
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 618x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 618x349px
>>26172571
I think it would do some good if normies could really understand what many robots go through (suicide, depression, mental illness, etc.) or were forced to look at the direct consequences of shoving another human being away from a specific social group and forcing them into isolation. Even if the media would actually acknowledge some of the shit that people here go through.

I don't want to be looked at as a victim or anything, but so far the media has made 4chan as a whole look like a school shooter/degenerate club.
>inb4 "We're all degenerates"
>>
>>26172904
Probably because you fucks don't pay attention. Not saying /r9k/ is one person but so many times there are stories about

>Chad said just be ourself reeeee he just doesn't get it blahblah blah
Mans people reaching out to help you but you decline
>>
the one thing I'd like someone to take away from this site is - the only people who lead a good life are attractive people.
>>
>>26172949
I wouldn't be surprised if people ended up here just because they were being themselves. Maybe if you came up with some logical advice, you could actually help someone. I highly doubt that you or anyone else handing out life lessons is a licensed therapist or psychiatrist, so what are robots supposed to do with false hope? Like you said, that's not the case with absolutely everyone, but there are plenty of factors that prevent people from taking advice from anonymous users with all kinds of backgrounds.
>>
>>26172949

Is it help though? From my many a bitter experiences Chad is only saying that so he can feel better, feel like he done something, feel like it's less of his fault.

Like he's been told to dress and talk a certain way he's been told to react a certain way. He feels like he should say things like that but you find if you ask him how or to help you, he's stuck.

So when Chad says "Just be yourself brah" and you tell him to fuck off and he does, did he really want to help you in the first place? No.
>>
>>26173234
I'd argue he may well be saying it because he has *no idea* how to help, so he says anything at all, not because he doesn't care, but because he's flailing.

I have some friends (friends reee blah blah blah) with motivation issues for example. These are close friends, people I really do care about but I'm inclined to spout similarly useless shit when trying to help them because I simply don't know what the solution is (in the case of motivation issues, every solution to them requires motivation, which you don't have because of the motivation issues).

In Chad's case, Here's a possible situation:
He might know that you need to be self confident to succeed, but doesn't know how to make someone self confident without them being externally reinforced, which isn't going to happen (short of people lying) until they're self confident, so he settles for that fucking useless platitude in the absence of a real idea of what to do about it.
>>
>>26173330

I get your point, there are some people like that but let me put it like this. For a man to reach out to another man, is quite a big thing, well for me anyway.

He is in serious need of help, Chad will offer what he thinks is help. In that exact moment of time, however. Next week he will go back to living his life, sound in the fact that he's "helped" you and you will continue to be miserable.

For example I have a friend (reeeeeh leave normie scum) who's a paranoid schizo, people like to verbally bully him. We've got a friend circle, not many know but he knows I'm just as mental as him. The other friend circle includes some chads and stacies, if he tells them they berate said bullies and tell my friend be yourself yay!

If he tells me I say to him I know that feel bro, do you wanna wreck them? I'm here if you do. If you wanna be the bigger man I'm also here emotionally.

Not to mention I hold my cards close to my chest, the way they speak of my friend when he's not around broke my heart, they didn't know how mental I was at the time. Made me realise people come with a judgement, a stereotype of the mentally ill. Thus I will never trust Chads.
>>
>>26172633
same here, I need a site as big as 4chan but not made for weebs
>>
File: meeshel 143.jpg (192KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
meeshel 143.jpg
192KB, 1080x720px
Let's have more pics of meeshel.
>>
A healthy sense of skepticism and the ability to think critically about any information presented to them. I imagine the vast majority of people who started visiting 4Chan in the mid 00s and have stuck around learned to just laugh and move on or can quickly realize when something is fake as hell/bait/shilling. It seems to be a lost skill on the modern internet with all of the clickbait, 'social media' defamations, and general overreaction that you see so often.
>>
>>26173511
That's a reasonable point.
>>
>>26173537
I have tons on my computer when I can get to it. Anybody know why the Russians love her so much?
>>
>>26173568
You really tried hard to think of something good, didn't you...

For me, I guess R9K is a good example of how not to act.
>>
File: _mge5u072qR1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg (360KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
_mge5u072qR1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg
360KB, 960x1280px
>>26173537
Her obsession with Paris Hilton was always so endearing for me.

>>26173648
Russians love ED
>>
File: aah.png (479KB, 672x503px) Image search: [Google]
aah.png
479KB, 672x503px
If I want the people who come here to take away anything from this website, it's the idea that the internet influences people's opinions and ways of thinking about things more than it probably should. This topic is at the forefront of my mind because of a video I just watched, but I feel as though it is relevant here.

/r9k/, specifically, is similar to the stereotypical idea of Tumblr in many respects. Chief among these is the sheer amount of reinforcement that very particular ideas get, regardless of whether the site was initially created to host such ideas. Each have their own rhetoric centering around these ideas.

"Chads and Stacies" as opposed to "priviliged shitlords and oppressors". They're similar in the fact that someone else has it better than you, so they will never understand your pain and you are therefore more enlightened about the state of the world and how things should work.
>>
File: pika.jpg (230KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
pika.jpg
230KB, 1280x960px
>>26173706
There is an inherent element of condescension here, as though you somehow know better than the "normies" because of your perceived robotness. Entitlement is another common theme, with a lot of robots genuinely believing that this board is for them and people who meet their arbitrarily defined criteria for who should post here ("normies get out", etc.).

But, /r9k/ is not one person. There are certainly people with opposing viewpoints, and because of the nature of 4chan all of them get equal say, unlike Tumblr. No accounts, no followers, no bullshit arbitrary number that makes you worth more attention then anyone else. But all of this is besides the point.

While everything I just said is most prominent on /r9k/, other boards experience this to a lesser degree and I think that it is important for people to recognize that. They must recognize that it is all ultimately absurd and silly and that this website (or any other, really) should not be taken too seriously. Some of these ideas are retarded and in my opinion, people are better off being able to see a retarded idea for exactly what it is, no matter how many times it's reposted.

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."
>>
>>26173720
I don't think it's off topic at all, in fact I quite appreciated it. When you put things into perspective in that way, it's hard to deny the nature of the mentality of this board and other websites. However I can't see this being a good thing, in the long run, for anyone, even though it seems to be a place where people feel like they belong, it's all false.
Anyway, thank you for the post, Anon. I appreciated it.
>>
File: hUAJj61SBsk.jpg (29KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
hUAJj61SBsk.jpg
29KB, 320x427px
>>26173693
Her Paris Hilton obsession and her interest in runway models is interesting ... She seems to like that kind of life style but she didn't really pursue it in practice... Her hobbies were quirky and, if it is true, she said she was scouted for a modeling agency but nothing came of it. She's really a mystery.
>>
File: 1353890790959.jpg (41KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1353890790959.jpg
41KB, 500x333px
>>26173950
I think she has a decent face for it. I doubt the modeling agency thing was real like the whole harvard thing being fake. She's a liar and an overall bad person. I can't remember if I ever saw the damages on Mena
>>
>>26172571
Me.
I want to leave.
Moot, tell me your secrets.
>>
>>26174203
Yea, I never saw it. I think you'd be lucky to see it (kek is that bad?). I want to know so bad because she interests me like no other but at the same time, fuck it. I'll wonder until I die what the happened with Mena...

Care to post your favorite Michelle picture?
>>
File: eaeaweaewa.png (572KB, 714x474px) Image search: [Google]
eaeaweaewa.png
572KB, 714x474px
>>26174425
This is my favorite one. I just want to hold and comfort her. I never really followed Michelle that much. Found out about her in 2013 and looked her up a bit then forgot about her. Got back into it when I found out farmers had a thread about her in 2015. I hope she's doing alright.

Is that your favorite Michelle picture?
>>
>>26172571
I thought this girl was pretty hot until I saw her rose ring.
>>
>>26174639
Aw, that's so nice of you, and i like that picture! I don't think I've seen that one before. I also hope she's doing okay, despite how she hurt others. Actually, I don't think many of her followers continued to follow her throughout the years, so it's pretty normal to not have followed her much. Her posts seem to be all over the place anyway.

I sadly don't have my favorite picture of hers right now. But it's the one of her dressed as a nun if you've seen it before. Something about her eyes in that picture..

Anyways, thanks for talking with me about Michelle. It's nice to meet someone who actually knows about her life and things.
>>
>>26174765
stop talking like a girl, what is this shit
>>
>>26172571
To laugh at everything.
>>
File: ton8egtZcN1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg (359KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ton8egtZcN1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg
359KB, 960x1280px
>>26174765
I don't think I've seen that nun picture before. If you do have it, please post it when you see me on here. I still like collecting her pictures.

This exchange was nice. I had a conversation with someone on here about Kiki Kannibal and that was nice too
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>26174810
Get over it.

>>26174946
Okay I dug it up but I'm pretty sure this isn't the full version but a cropped one or something like that. I also like collecting her pictures.

Aw man, she really interested me back in the day but I forgot about her.. besides her being brought up once in a blue moon. Never thought I'd see her brought up on here...
>>
File: eaweaea.jpg (317KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
eaweaea.jpg
317KB, 960x1280px
>>26175088
Thanks. I can see what you mean about those eyes.

There are a couple Anons that are into her on here. They just mostly post her pictures sometimes.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.