[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, do you believe in a god?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: KingKaiNV.png (228KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KingKaiNV.png
228KB, 640x480px
Memes aside, do you believe in a god?
>>
>>26167515
>L I T E R A L L Y the original meme
>>
I don't know. There's no way of knowing, but I doubt it.
>>
no but ive thought about it a lot
>>
Yes. Without faith I'd just be very cynical about everything. Faith saved me.
>>
Of course I don't. Only people who are ignorant or lie to themselves believe in god.
>>
No. I wish I could, devoutly religious people seem much happier. It makes no fucking sense though.
>>
I believe there's something.

God has become synonymous with the holy man or spirit in the sky when I think it's so much different than that, so i don't like that word.
>>
Nope. But I wish there were gods like King Kai.
>>
yes
but only because the amount of shit that happens to me cannot be explained with logic

i have nasty streaks of bad luck
>>
>>26167590
It's the sense of community bro. You either get you rational integrity or your community. It's really quite awful.
>>
>>26167580
God can be found in both stupidity and intelligence anon.
>>
>>26167515
Yes
Atheism is an incoherent worldview
Deism is literally the minimum requirement to not be a retard
>>
>>26167515
Yeah, but I'm not close-minded about stuff like evolution and gay marriage and stuff. Whenever I look at how the functions of processes of nature work, such as the food chain and how creatures can adapt, I see a strange that reflects the design of a greater being. I believe in the Christian God specifically because of "brain-washing" and the powerful feelings that come with doing some of the worship.
>>
>>26167556
That means you don't believe in god. Believing is not the same as knowing.
>>
>>26167685
>"Christian"
>Gay marriage is fine
'no'
>>
>>26167703
>He thinks the KJB is anything close to gods original word
Ahahahahaha point and laugh
>>
>>26167725
The King James is an adequate translation. Nothing great, but not bad. Either way I'm not a Protestant and don't use it. Also Christianity is older than the bible which flat out says not everything is in the bible.
>>
>>26167515
who /ruined by an overly religious parent/ here?
who /existentialdread/ here?
>>
I believe in multiple gods, to the dismay of everyone I know. They all call me an edgy attention-seeking child, but that doesn't stop the fact that I've talked to a god before.
>>
File: 811.jpg (31KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
811.jpg
31KB, 409x513px
>>26167515
Do I believe in god? Well I know for a fact that there isn't a god that answers prayers or interacts with humans on a consistent basis.

If your definition of god is simply some entity that created the universe/earth, then maybe. I can kind of imagine a creator designing the DNA-RNA system for life but there's also proof that it could have occurred spontaneously. Nevertheless, saying a god created all of this doesn't mean anything if the god doesn't interact/care about us.

When you ask this question, some people are going to interpret it as "how religious are you" and my answer to that is 0%. I don't go to church or pray, or expect that a deity would value me enough to give me some sort of afterlife. I wish it were true though.
>>
>>26167515
Define "G/g-od".
>>
>>26167878
Yeah yeah your brain can make up some crazy shit anon.

I used to think god talked to me too.
>>
>>26167703
Matthew 22:36-40 basically says, to paraphrase since any sources I can find have Non-ASCII:The most important commandments are that yiu should love God and you should love your neighbor. All other laws are based off of these commandments

Loving someone of the same gender doesn't damper your relationship with God because you are using your abilities to give love. It shouldn't negatively affect your relationship with your neighbor for the same reason. If someone is offended by you being nice and loving someone, that's their problem and not the gay person's
>>
>>26167515
There's probably something like the samsaric wheel and reincarnation, but I can't know for sure.
>>
>>26167892
>Nevertheless, saying a god created all of this doesn't mean anything if the god doesn't interact/care about us.
Why not though? Why does god need to care for us.

He created us what more do you ask for?
You think gods watching out for that fly you swatted or that ant you crushed?
Why would he care for you?
>>
>>26167515
I don't buy what religions say but I'm not sure if I believe in the existence of a superior being

So pretty much I'm agnostic with deist tendencies
>>
>>26167897
No, I was skeptical as to why so many people believed in God/a god, so I asked for contact. He contacted me soon after while I was meditating.
>>
>>26167515
I do not.
I believe the closest thing to a deity would be a hyper-advanced civilization somewhere out in the depths of space.
>>
>>26167955
Your body can make up some crazy shit anon.

I'm not saying you didn't reach god or glimpse him in your state of meditation, but god does not personally meet with anyone.
>>
File: image.png (40KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40KB, 496x500px
No cause sometimes you want to kills yourself or get really bad tummy ache, so ask where is god now??
>>
File: 1454009650221.jpg (842KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1454009650221.jpg
842KB, 1536x2048px
No. I think it's more plausible that only the physical world exists.
>>
>>26167925
Agape is the word used not Eros
You should be willing to abstain from that which offends God (homosexual acts) out of agape for Him.
>>
>>26167635
>bad luck

A meme invented for fucking retards that cause all their own problems but want to blame it on mystical forces. If bad things consistently happen to you more than they do to other people it is your fault.
>>
>>26167987
Oh, of course I didn't meet any omniscient cosmic force "God", if that's what you mean, but I was approached by a spirit who enacts it's will, I guess if that makes more sense. They called themselves gods because they said they "achieved life's great work".
>>
File: pip.jpg (7KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
pip.jpg
7KB, 195x195px
>>26167515

I do and it comforts me.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 885x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 885x493px
>>26167944
If you created sentient, living creatures, wouldn't you want to watch them?
>>
yeah, but i think there's a good chance it doesn't care for/acknowledge/etc. us. we may have been created with divine intent (intent being the key word), but I feel we could as likely have been created in a manner similar to how plants grow from seeds shit by (herb/omni)vores
>>
>>26167515
yes, because somebody is ruining my life and I don't think myself or any other human is to blame...so yeah it has to be God fucking my shit up right???
>>
>>26168063
It doesn't watch us anon.

It exists in everyone of us.
>>
>>26167996
kek what. you can believe in god while not believing in an afterlife. OP said "a god," not "judeo-christian skydad," although that may be many people's idea of god
>>
File: 1442558426108.jpg (513KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1442558426108.jpg
513KB, 1280x1707px
>>26168063
I created a 1 foot turd yesterday and didn't give a shit about it

no pun intended
>>
>do you believe in a god?
yes
>Memes aside,
no
>>
>>26168026
More likely you were approached by a creation of your own subconscious pulling you closer to bit of god that lives in all of us.

I'm glad you had a spiritual experience like that anon, many never get to experience that, or require drugs to do it.
>>
I consider the existence of a creator unlikely but I won't rule it out as a possibility. For all we know, our universe is actually just a single cell from a, compared to ourselves, an infinitely gigantic creature.
>>
>>26167515
No. There could be one, but I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>26168099
A "god" that can be defined by "the rules of nature" is no different than simply the actual rules of nature existing, you're just calling it "god".

When people say "god", they mean an entity that may have created the world as we know. Anything other than that, why even call it a god?
And why would I believe something that no evidence points to?
As long as humans know, nature always has a natural explanation, we never needed supernatural anything to explain something. We can't even prove the "supernatural" exists.
>>
I dunno I never really think about it.

What does that mean?
>>
I'm an atheist. I can respect people that believe in a higher power but people who are religious are straight up retarded.
>>
File: pipe-fedora.jpg (66KB, 750x751px) Image search: [Google]
pipe-fedora.jpg
66KB, 750x751px
What if I told you some i dont know.. i worshipped some FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER youd say it was ridiculous! preposterous! extremely out of this world!
>>
>>26168063
>Sentient
When you're omnipotent creating sentience is literally just a thought away.
>>
>>26168501
You're an atheist
>>26168501
Bitter
http://www.examiner.com/article/of-10-highest-iq-s-on-earth-at-least-8-are-theists-at-least-6-are-christians
>>
File: kamisama.jpg (49KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
kamisama.jpg
49KB, 200x300px
>>26167515
Of course. Pic relate.
>>
>>26168448
I means that you should be happy you aren't as as pathetic as people like >>26168530, who can't even have a normal discussion about a topic like this due to their lack of cognitive dissonance, and instead just parrot around shitposts whenever they notice a specific subject being mentioned.
>>
>>26168026
Holy shit you are dumb.
>>
>>26168642
Try to explain why, manbaby. The fact you're not giving any reason why just makes us believe you simply can't comprehend Anon's experience, meaning you're the only dummy here.
>>
File: Virginia.png (1008KB, 1587x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Virginia.png
1008KB, 1587x1000px
>>26168555
>what is appeal to authority
>>
>>26168555
Keep believing in your talking snake.
>>
>>26168696
I didn't appeal to authority
I didn't say "these smart men are Christians therefore Christianity is true"
I'm saying that these smart men are Christians and therefore not only unintelligent people believe in religion.
>>
>>26168695
Sorry but I thought it was obvious. Nobody believes in retarded statements like that anymore in 2016 when we have science. You might have fooled somebody 20 years ago.
>>
>>26167515
A god? Could be possible. Just not the Christian one, guy sounds like a hypocrite. Taoism sounds cool. I'm an atheist, but I don't go all fedora and shove it down people's throats.
>>
>>26168807
>m-muh science!
Science has yet to prove the truth behind statements like "I saw a spirit appear before me", much like science has yet to prove the truth behind the existence of a God/Creator. It is therefore expected of you to stay openminded towards anything related to the subject.

If you refuse to, you're the only fucktard here, sorry friend.
>>
>>26167679
>you have to believe in magic to not be a retard
I see little Timmy here still believes in Santa. Where are your parents, Timmy? This is a site for grown-ups.
>>
I believe in order inside chaos
Explaining, I believe in a meaning, it could be quantical, magical, physical
Idk
>>
>>26168940
>prove the truth
what the hell does this sentence mean.

dude, you don't understand anything. For the love of god. Educate yourself.

the philosophic burden of proof lies upon the one making unfalsifiable claims.
>>
>>26167590
>>26167644
Sounds good until they start doing crazy shit believing they're justified by their religion, like fucking young boys.
>>
>>26169045
Please don't respond to the shitposters, newfriend.
>>
No, but sometimes I'll like to.
Like, it would be awesome that when something incredible happens you could say "woa, from all the people all around the world you were watching me? And you handed me your hand in this? Thanks, cool-god-bro." and like, have a God bro to talk to when you need strength and shit.
>>
By no means. Every god described has been a complete dick one way or another. We don't even need a god anyways.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.