[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too much weed can damage your brain. Since 5 years ago when I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Weedbad.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Weedbad.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
Too much weed can damage your brain. Since 5 years ago when I was smoking a gram a day I've had cognitive problems. I constantly blank out when people are talking to me as if I don't understand English. Anyone else ruin their life this way, or any suggestions? This is by far the most depressing thing that's happened in my life.
>>
File: KUDAC-126kihi.jpg (379KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KUDAC-126kihi.jpg
379KB, 640x480px
>>26164485

Duing college i smoked weed everyday with some 'friends', have a not so cute case schizofrenia now two years down the line. Wouldnt say i was mentaly strong before though to be fair but smoking the dank all day every day didn't help.
>>
>>26164485
>>26164689

How much do you smoke on your own also op?

>how often not weight
>>
>>26164760
It was like most of the day 2-4 times at the time. I've smoked since then but not nearly as heavily. It doesn't seem to worsen what already happened 5 years ago so I'm thinking I might have had like a mini stroke or something.
>>
>>26164896

Wouldnt worry about that too much man you should be aight also bong hits or joints?
>>
>>26165021
Bowl hits, I would assure you it's not okay even these day without weed it takes so much effort to just pay attention to a conversation. Let it be a warning to anyone who wants to smoke weed all day every day.
>>
>>26165092

I feel you man its not addictive but you can for sure get addicted to not being sober just like with alcohol.
>>
>>26164485
>smoking a gram a day
no shit that's too much.

I'm around .1 or .2 grams a day and doing just fine after a decade
>>
>>26164485

>smoking a gram a day
>smoking daily

at my heaviest use i would smoke a bowl a night, and after 1-2 nights i wouldn't smoke for months.
>>
File: mix it up.png (691KB, 573x731px) Image search: [Google]
mix it up.png
691KB, 573x731px
were you in school/uni at all during those 5 years? i find the greatest degeneration of cognitive functions i've had, is after prolonged breaks of no school because i'm a lazy fuck that can't be arsed to learn stuff that isn't oriented around hobbies. weed definitely makes it worse because it often makes those problems seem okay, and every single day is ended with "eh i'll do it tomorrow"

that said, weed's really fucked up my anxiety. if i smoke too much sativa, i get paranoid/antsy, and attempting to abstain for a whole day is suck city & i always crack at night before going to bed (when the panic is worst)

weed also used to make me completely fine with going outside & socializing. it was like having a few drinks. now, i constantly worry about other people; if they can hear me thinking/breathing, if they think I'm acting weird/creepy, if i'm walking too slow/fast, etc. every interaction is done with the hope that i'm not coming across as a complete spastic that will have the campus cops called on me for anti-social behavior

fuck weed
>>
File: john4.jpg (177KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
john4.jpg
177KB, 600x366px
>>26164485
Same thing happens to me OP. I smoked for ~7 years, with stretches of 1-2 years smoking every day and usually all day.
It's like someone hits a hard reset in my brain when someone is explaining something and I literally take in no information for a few seconds.
Happens when I'm talking as well, I'll completely forget what I'm saying.
I haven't smoked for ~5 months and it still happens, less frequently though but I don't see it ever going away.
It's annoying and can trigger some hard anxiety sometimes but I've gotten used to asking people to repeat themselves or ask what we're talking about. I might look like an idiot for a second but people are usually understanding.
>>
>>26164485
I've been smoking for 6 years OP. 4 years everyday almost. Probably 1-2 grams a day. I waste so much money and this shit. I do notice myself getting dumber and i'm always trying to quit. I find this shit really addictive. Believe it or not i also was addicted to ketamine for 2 years and that was easier to quit.
>>
>>26165266
>>26165215
Same poster as before. I feel the same as you but i honestly heard it does get better with time. With people like yourself they said about 1-2 years. I believe there is still THC in your system even after 5 months.
>>
>>26164485
been smoking everyday for about 10 years
about .5-1gram a day
don't really feel any different but who knows 10 years is a long time
>>
what's up with these daily smokers? i smoke very rarely and when i do i always take a super long break until whenever i want to smoke again.

i'll smoke maybe up to 10 days or less in a year.
>>
This happened to me too, OP. I was up to injecting two whole joints a day into my eyeballs and in between my toes just to hide the trackmarks when I was still in college. Now I rely solely on prostituting my own assh*le for sodomy sex in order to pay for my next injection of marijuana.
>>
>>26165379
easy escapism that isn't quite as impacting as alcohol. i get too stoned, i can still do most of my hobbies. too drunk, and i spend the rest of the night trying to feel less terrible, being unable to focus on anything. weed also tends to be easier to obtain (and hide) than alcohol, particularly for <21 americucks.
>>
Been high all weekends in college and that's it. Everything's been perfect, no problems ever. I'm still high rn too
>>
>>26164485
You're a fucking pussy. I've been smoking 5-7grams a day (bong has a 1gram bowl) ontop of whatever dabs I do. I still manages to make it through as a physics major with a 3.75 GPA.
>>
Same thing happened to me when I came off it after smoking daily for years. I also had a manic episode (which tricked me into thinking I was getting better) so I had to take zyprexa for nearly a year so as you can imagine, my brain feels completely fucked.
>>
>>26165379
If you don't smoke on the daily you aren't smoking right. At least in my case, I smoke for the medical; smoke in the afternoon for pain or cramps, in the evening for sleep.sometimes in the morning if I'm feeling anxious. But only if I need it, 3 times a week at most.
>>
>>26165595

You're a prick, get back to /r/trees you fucking normie
>>
File: joe.png (27KB, 849x631px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
27KB, 849x631px
weed literally ruined my life, what it was and what it will be
fuck
fuck
fuck weed
sheeit
>>
>>26165210
When you stop smoking, does the social anxiety go away? I think weed may have caused it in me.
>>
>>26165595
Ok, I'm saying you should be careful cause you could fuck up your brain. Really didn't ask if the opposite happened to anyone, but keep going as much as you are, It'll just make it all the more ironic when it does and you feel like I do.
>>
The old adage is true, if you were 'x' before weed you will be 'x' after weed.

I smoke everyday and I am doing well in my studies
>>
>>26165745
How do you explain my case? You think I'm lying on this board for attention? I love smoking weed and always will but it's possible for people to cause damage to their body and if you don't believe me your fucking ignorant as fuck.
>>
To be completely honest, I don't really care what the negative effects are, life sucks too much to not do it.
>>
>>26164485
same with alcohol but its well regulated
>>
too much of anything can be harmfull

your brain can swell and kill you if you drink too much water
>>
I smoke every night and all day on my days off and I'm doing fine. Its weed not fucking heroin.
>>
>>26165909
I think you were going to get fucked up by life whether you smoked weed or not. Even if that isn't true, you are saying don't smoke weed cause it will fuck you up guaranteed., I'm just letting people know this is bullshit
>>
>>26165745
Motivated before smokes motivated after smokes. Lazy before smokes, lazy after smokes
>>
>>26166073
Thanks bro. That's obviously not the point being made...
>>
>>26164485
Your point?

Even if weed didn't exist stoners would just get addicted to some other meme substance, just fucking kill them.
>>
>>26164485
Ayy lmao
I'm in medical school and smoke dank kush on the regular, you're just a gayretard.
>>
File: into the trash it goes.png (182KB, 404x266px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.png
182KB, 404x266px
>>26166213
>medical school
normie pls go
>>
>>26166124
I was asking for advice actually on why weed caused this in me and if there's anything I can do. Did you even read the op moron?
>>
>>26165703
not really, but I had social anxiety before I started smoking. the difference, is when I'd started, smoking got rid of the anxiety altogether. it made it melt away like butter.

now, the anxiety isn't quite as bad when i'm sober (thanks to repeated conditioning through the years when smoking did make it better) but most sativas/hybrids make the anxiety worse anymore.

>>26165745
the problem is that many people (myself included) began these habits when they're still in the prime of adolescence. i guess you're right in a sense. I was 13/14 when i'd started, and i may as well still be that old in a mental/emotional sense
>>
>A gram a day

That's like drinking 10 cups of coffee a day and then bitching about feeling like shit. If you weren't a irresponsible dumbass you'd be fine. It's probably all in your head anyway fuck all the hypochondriac idiots ITT
>>
>>26166366
if you smoke weed you're just as much of a normie has he is. it is literally the most social drug
>>
>>26164485
I've been using weed for the past three months. It has done nothing but make my depression worse. Awful drug. Should be made even more illegal.
>>
>>26164485
http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-regular-marijuana-shrinks-brain-20141110-story.html
For anyone interested.
>>
File: weed.png (959KB, 696x594px) Image search: [Google]
weed.png
959KB, 696x594px
Weed is cool if you don't mind not giving much of a shit.

Pic related, an ounce i got for $175
>>
>>26166540

Yeah what the hell, I smoked 2 and half bowls today which is not even .5g and I feel like I got shot with a elephant tranquilizer
>>
>>26167690
Noice

And yeah I agree. If you start taking weed seriously especially while you're high you'll just be an annoying little bitch.

But if you're cool and chill and dungivafuk then it's the coolest thing
>>
>>26164485

The blood saturation level for THC is pretty low, most of those grams never made it to your bloodstream, much less your brain, and just came out in your pee. Smoking a gram a day is a complete waste.

You may have been self medicating for whatever mental disturbance is causing the problems you're dealing with now, and also weed can exacerbate existing problems. You should talk to a psychologist and see what they have to say.
>>
>>26166213
>I'm a student
>I know EVERYthing about medical stuff and weed effect on human
Lol saying you're med school doesn't make your opinion authentic nor does it make weed smoking good. Stay being high and being a loser while other doctors succeed
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.