[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /r9k/ think of the French Foreign Legion? Is it worth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x350px
What does /r9k/ think of the French Foreign Legion? Is it worth joining?

I wouldn't mind killing terrorists and then settle down somewhere nice in France. Paris or whatever.
>>
lol you have no idea what you'd be getting into.

do it, faggot
>>
Good luck getting in or surviving the brutal training
>>
>>26152582
I'm physically fit and already have been in basic training in the army of my country. That was a few years ago.
>>
Paris isn't actually that nice.
>>
>>26152591
The recruitment test honestly looks like a joke.
4 pull-ups and that beep test thing is not 'brutal'.
>>
>>26152624
there was some anon on /k/ who was in FFL.
He said that you have to know French and follow orders without question.
Also DI are fucking brutal and love humiliating fags like you.
>>
nigger are you serious? you wouldn't last a minute, none of us would. and why would you want to go live in europe? so you can get your head chopped off by isis? retard
>>
>>26152511
it's 5 year minimum and you can't bring any shit with you like pictures tokens or mementos. they give you a new name too, which might be awesome like Jacques or it might be ASS like Guy
>>
>>26152682
Then he's obviously bullshitting because you don't have to know French.
And who cares about following orders. Why would I have a problem with that.
>>
>>26152704
Don't think that I'm a weak manlet just because you are. I'm fit and already have been in the army.
I also already live in Europe.
>>
File: 1432403213340.jpg (26KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
1432403213340.jpg
26KB, 600x437px
It's nice.

t. frenchie
>>
File: 1453943816174.jpg (17KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
1453943816174.jpg
17KB, 249x243px
>>26152511
If you're a daydreaming cuck, then do it
>>
>>26152722
woah there, don't cut yourself on that edge :^)
>>
>>26152748
No need to get defensive, manlet.
>>
>>26152768
easy there rambo
>>
The FFL has changed. It no longer just lets anyone in like in the 80s; it's more regulated now.
>>
File: muh legion.png (361KB, 928x631px) Image search: [Google]
muh legion.png
361KB, 928x631px
>not wanting to btfo shitskins
>>
>>26152511
You will be sent to the worst possible warzones possible. You will be the first one in battle and the last one out. The Foreign Legion is a last chance to excel in life, everyone who joins is in someway human garbage and anyone who survives comes out as a new and honorable man. As a former foreign legion and robot, I have seen action in North Africa, South America, and in Afghanistan. The best way I can describe it to you is that the FL is sort of like a special forces except your superiors regard towards your own safety is not considered. Training isn't that tough if you are fit and you are required to take some french lessons while you train. While you do see your fair share of combat, some of your biggest obstacles in the field is the environment. I can't count how many casualties we took from fellow Legionaries taking a hit from heat exhaustion or dehydration. Some of the places we are sent to like in South America are so goddamn humid you can't even breathe. Would I say joining the legion was worth it? errrr only if you have nothing else to do with your life.
>>
>>26152722
are you from switzerland?
>>
>>26152511
I had no idea this existed, will look into it.
>>
>>26152511
the discipline seems extraordinarily unnecessary
they look pretty sick marching slowly
>>
>>26152706
You do have to know French. There is a mandatory french course. They cram in down your throat for about a month, after which time you will speak a barely passable pidgin french- enough to follow basic orders.
>>
>>26152858
you don't need to know french before you join they teach you, dumb fuck
>>
>>26152809
Sounds interesting, I'd be most interested in going somewhere in Africa. Dunno why but Africa always fascinated me.
Do you have a say in where you'll be stationed?
Where do you live now?
Can you tell me about your experiences some more and in detail?
And how was your group? Were they reliable?

>>26152816
Close, Germany.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS7wMm-Swe0
>>
>>26152885
This is what I stated in my post. Not sure why you're angry with me.
>>
>>26152898
>you do have to know french
>know
>not learn
learn fucking english you stupid frog
>>
>>26152898
Because you're not posting your boy pussy
>>
>>26152914
If you're like this all the time, I think you'll be perfect foreign legion material. There is no better therapy than catharsis and no better catharsis than combat.
>>
>>26152926
I'm not the OP. I just happen to know the difference between KNOW and LEARN and can form a coherent fucking sentence in english you stupid surrender monkey
>>
>>26152962
shh. it's okay. everything is going to be okay. just take a deep breath. shhhh
>>
>>26152962
>you stupid surrender monkey

CAFE FAGS

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>26152975
here's your 10 cents
>>
>>26152962
>>26152982
Does replying to yourself give you the support that your mother never gave you?
>>
>>26152993
Your mom left your family after cheating on your cuck dad desu
>>
wait for Trump becoming prez, he will make an american foreign legion
>>
>>26152809
From the 2 weeks I've spent with legionnaires, this is the truest account you'll get. They are described as "rustic" by regular French soldiers, which basically means they have to operate with no resources, support or transport most of the time because they get sent first to every shit hole.
>>
>>26152993
>only one person hates frog lipped niggers
you can't be that stupid
>>
>>26152887
No. You are just sent to where ever you are needed. Most of the time you really don't see combat and in cases where we were station in North Africa, we are usually involved in hunting rebels for the local government. Used to live in Rouen, France for about 5 years. Then I went back to America after my divorce. Most of my group were from other European Countries. Some of them were also former Muslims too, looking for french citizen ship. There were some nice beaches in North Africa so it wasn't too bad there.South America however was fucking awful. Ton of mosquitoes, awful humidity, and no where to take a shit in, even in our outpost. We were mostly stationed there for training in jungle warfare which never came into practicality in field. Afghanistan usually involved us going on patrol (I was stationed in Jalalabad back in 2006). Sometimes we would encounter our American and British Allies. Normally really hot but it does snow in the winter which is nice since the Taliban doesn't do a lot a fighting when its really cold.
>>
>>26153011
they are fucking cannon fodder

still, dying in battle is not the worst fate I might imagine for a robot
>>
>>26153005
>projecting this hard desu
>>
>>26153036
Its called stereotyping
>>
>>26152809
>fellow Legionaries taking a hit from heat exhaustion or dehydration

what can I do to prevent that?
>>
>>26153043
What emotions are you repressing with this rage?
>>
>>26153055
drink water and wear a hat are you stupid?
>>
>>26153055
You could have been healthy as a child. You could have been born without asthma or with a higher lung capacity. You could have not spent your developmental years as a neet.
>>
>>26153028
At least you would die with honor. But then again, as I mentioned before, the environment is probably the biggest danger to your mortality than anything.

>>26153055
Drink plenty of water. Sometimes, you just have to be well adjusted for the heat. Most of the non-arab legionaries never spent a day outside on a hot summer day and as a result, pass out from the intensity of the heat. Managing you hydration levels while you are out there is very important, especially when you are carrying your rifle, equipment, etc. You also have to be really healthy too (no junk food). Summertimes in Europe is nothing compared to the average weather in Africa or South America. Afghanistan was the only place I was station in where the weather was bearable at best.
>>
File: 5553426234.png (280KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5553426234.png
280KB, 640x360px
>>26153071
>are you stupid?

yes I am!
>>
>>26153028
They seem to be treated like shit by the command because they are assumed to have done something wrong in their country of origin. The always follow orders without complaining, but they all have a kind of depressed, defeated look in their eyes that makes you feel like they are repressing all kinds of negative thoughts and that they wish they wouldn't be there.

French culture romanticize them a lot though, calling them "ones who became brothers not because they shared blood, but because they gave blood" and shit like that. Just don't expect that kind of respect in practice.
>>
>>26152511
Robots do not mix well with authority besides maybe mommy figures.
>>
File: tlegion3.jpg (456KB, 1000x918px) Image search: [Google]
tlegion3.jpg
456KB, 1000x918px
Most of this thread is horrible bullshit streamed from a romantic image of legion in the 60s and before, popular media and bullshit anons heard somewhere.

For the last 10-20 years, FFL is relatively standard western army, only with added foreign aspect and many traditions (some interesting, some glorious and mostly retarded shit which haunt every legionnaire like having perfectly sharp ironed uniforms 100% time.

The training is more brutal, yes, but no more "marche ou creve" (march or die) conditions there. Remember, you are volunteer. Also basic is somewhat different from caporal to caporal.

Tl;dr - don't listen to the faggots here, check out Cervens forum and go there. Bonne chance you fuck.
>>
>>26153145
this.

I of course joined for the experience, many of the others joined in for a chance of a better life. None of my fellow Legionaries were criminals from what I know. Either way, the DI make sure to pull whatever humanity you have out of you. They do this because you cannot have any secondary feelings on the battlefield. You have to rely on your legionaries and your sanity to pull you through your objectives. Its the same with any military. Training is suppose to prepare you to die for your country without any hesitation. Though I would argue most of the stuff you learn on the field is more important than what you learn in training.

>>26153179
If you are planning to do a complete 180 then perhaps joining the legion may lead your life in a new direction. If you are not willing to change your mindset or habits, then you are going to get your ass handed to you on day 1.
>>
>>26153207
Also:
>You don't need to speak or understand French
>It is best to either join via Aubagne or Paris. Aubagne is best and quicker.
>Whole process takes two to three weeks. After that and during that time you either go civil or go basic.
>Start training luc leger run (beep test in english I believe) Level 8 is minimum to at least take notice of you.
>Pull ups from the dead point (you hang freely). At least ten, more better.
>Learn french numbers and legion ranks.
>>
>>26153215
>If you are planning to do a complete 180

I dont see how a robot would posess necessary physical fitness to join the legion. As far as I know they're only taking in exemplary healthy individuals with perfect genes so common shit like minimal scoliosis or a slightly varicose vein will get you disqualified.

You know, shit that almost everyone leading a sedantary lifestyle has.
>>
Does having military exp before trying to join the frenchs.would be better?
>>
>>26153434
It helps. Makes basic training way more easier. The majority of the recruits don't have prior military experience however.
>>
>>26153069
Sry, I was in the shower. But to answer the question I want to fuck your frog ass
>>
File: army quenelle, france.jpg (77KB, 590x378px) Image search: [Google]
army quenelle, france.jpg
77KB, 590x378px
France's army knows what's really going on
>>
>>26153457
I see,thanks.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.