[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he goes to community college >he went to community college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

>he goes to community college
>he went to community college
>>
what is community college?
>>
I actually think I had a better learning experience at cc than the state school I transferred to. My math teacher was great and also taught at the state school I went to. Same for my more important teachers so they knew what they were doing. And the nice thing is that my classes were small so I could ask questions and get extra help easily.
>>
>>26144614
Community college is basically a lower-wage university that offers certificate courses, and associate degrees. They're relatively cheaper, but, have lower budgeting. Theres stigma that claims CC are just like high-schools, but, not really. Most people attend them to earn some credits for cheaper cost, and they include graduate programs to help transfer you into partnered Universities.

>>26144587

I dropped out of CC and make loads of money following my creative passions.
>>
I'm going there to become a nurse.
>>
>Have bachelor's degree from big state school
>Missing one class for medical school
>Will take it at community college

FUGGG :DDDD
>>
I liked CC. Everyone was sort of a loser there in one way or another, so we all helped each other out and everyone I met was very humble. Easy to get along with.

I transferred to regular college and it is literally all white, good-looking upper-middle class 18-22 year olds.
>>
File: Terapin Pepe.jpg (7KB, 193x249px) Image search: [Google]
Terapin Pepe.jpg
7KB, 193x249px
>>26144587
>Going to any kind of college
>>
File: 1317414798578.jpg (21KB, 262x337px) Image search: [Google]
1317414798578.jpg
21KB, 262x337px
>go to cc
>feel bad because I don't feel challenged enough since most of the tests are multiple choice and multiple choice are piss easy teir
>find out that's how it is most places
>watched a lecture at standford and at the end of the video the professor talks about how there won't be a paper for the class and that all the tests except the final will be multiple choice
>mfw
>>
>>26144587
listen op
community college is great
you save money and then you can transfer to a state college
here in connecticut you can transfer to a state college with all your credits from cc no problem. They even have tracks for majors so you can graduate with an associates and then get a bachelors in the same program. Its much cheaper and not all bad.
>>
>>26144587
community college is high school 2.0
its two more years of high school for retards who couldnt get into a state college. And state college have like 80% acceptance rates which means these are the lowest scum of the earth. Not to mention all the elderly that go there for cultural enrichment. CC is great if you are a loser looking to sell drugs. If you want to learn anything worthwhile transfer to a state college. I know because I started in COmmunity College and blew the pants off all my professors got all a's and was blown away by how fucking easy it was. Then I transferred and I still feel like state college is a joke

basically I am too smart for CCSU
I should be at MIT or something where I am actually being challenged.
>>
File: a day of the life.jpg (43KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
a day of the life.jpg
43KB, 540x540px
>tfw 26 going to CC
>>
>>26145270
nobody cares how old you are

in fact when I went to cc some of the guys there were in there 40s even had a 80 year old grandma there. She was chill as fuck. Community College is a joke, try not to take your life so seriously, no one else will
>>
>>26145247
Calculus, Chem 101, Classical Mechanics, etc, are the same fucking class no matter where you take them. CC and university are the same thing until upper level courses, and CC is dirt cheap/free.
>>
Its hard to make friends in CC. CC is what turened me into a robot.
>>
>>26145247
>I had to go to community college but I'm so much smarter than all those other people who have to go to community college

Kill yourself kid.
>>
>>26145399
He's so smart that he can afford to spend his free time enriching his mind here on r9k. A true genius.
>>
File: 1443973873280.png (84KB, 903x814px) Image search: [Google]
1443973873280.png
84KB, 903x814px
>been in CC for 4 years and counting
>>
Community college fucking rocks.

Literally the ~only~ good experience I have ever had in an academic setting.

School blows.

University blows.

My time in CC were my glory days.
>>
>>26145399
community college is a fucking joke
only go there if it is cheaper
>>
File: 1411526917552.jpg (60KB, 498x668px) Image search: [Google]
1411526917552.jpg
60KB, 498x668px
>He didn't go to university
>>
>>26144587
>tfw go to community college for free
>tfw chem and math courses are fun and rigorous
>tfw getting a great foundational college education
>tfw can transfer into any STEM major I want

Get fucked
>>
File: tai5.png (70KB, 344x440px) Image search: [Google]
tai5.png
70KB, 344x440px
>>26144587
biting because not sure if troll thread

i went to university. a state school. all four years. but if i could do it again, i'd go to community college and get an associates in coding or some shit.

i'm extremely surprised at this thread. even the normie mainstream is almost to the point of openly saying "yeah college is a scam for most majors."

i log onto cancerbook sometimes. literal burnout kids from high school went to community college and are now making more than me. or at least, have titles that sound like they definitely make more money than me.

a definite technical skill, with certifications to back it up, will beat a bullshit english or economics *bachelor* degree every fucking time.
>>
>>26144587
Community college is a great way to save money doing your general education, after which you can transfer to any school in the country if you did well at a nice community college. My high school was 14 grand a year and we needed a two year break from tuition
>>
>>26145662
>most majors
well, not MOST majors. but no one is telling kids that some bachelors' don't mean shit unless you get a master's or even a PhD.

they're going into debt for no fucking reason.

don't take my word for it - look at job descriptions. monster, careerbuilder, indeed. the amount of employers who accept an associate's in accounting or bookkeeping is insane. and those jobs are like $12/hr starting. not fucking bad for two years of school.
>>
>>26144587
At least I graduated with a degree that taught me useful skills and am graduating soon from 4-year school with no debt.
Community College is a godsend in this economy.

What about you OP? What have you done with your life?
>>
File: 1400261134053s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1400261134053s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>26144854

he wants to be a murse

good luck being a forever alone loser
>>
>>26144587
Anyone who goes to college or university in the States must be a fucking lunatic moron. Fucking 100k in debt. Seriously. Just get a life instead of doing what society tells you to, they're ripping you off and ruining your life.
>>
I'm actually thinking about it.

What degree should I get so I can work in a cubicle for the rest of my life?
>>
>>26145964
Business Administration, IT, Accounting, paralegal studies, medical assistant(kind of).
>>
I'm going to go to community college or that's what I keep telling myself every other year. It will save me money I guess.
>>
>>26146009
Thanks.

Guess I'll be a paralegal like my mother.
>>
>Tfw went to CC
>Tfw blue collar

I guess I'm destined to be disgusted by women
>>
>>26145955
Or super rich.
>>
>wasting money by taking gen ed at a university
Dumb frogposter
>>
>he goes to a four-year university
>he thinks his wasted time and money means anything useful

Unless you're going into medical or hardcore STEM you're better off with an Associate's degree.
>>
>>26145103
It's far easier for everybody involved. Professors and their interns just have to shove paper into a Scantron machine and students just have to fill in bubbles.
>>
>>26145955
My state college costs $2200 a quarter and the government pays $1800 of it. Benefits of being in the middle of the desert
>>
>attend community college
>all the young people there know one another from highschool
>all the old people know one another from work/neighborhoods/churches
>tfw spend all day sitting there not speaking to anyone before gathering my things and going home

Remind me why I'm paying for this shit again?
Oh yeah because it gives me an excuse to not work
>>
>>26146515
Talk to the old people. All my friends are over 35
>>
>>26145468
Kek, I've been in cc for like 7 years, if you want to be technical.
>>
its cheap and its not like I have any future anyways.
>>
I took a semester of CC when I got out of the army so I could remember what it was like to go to school. Now I'm in real college. It's basically the same but more places to walk.
>>
>>26145390
This so much. I became fucking antisocial after attending cc
>>
>>26146585
It was the complete opposite for me. I was finally able to make friends since I wasn't surrounded by stupid fucking teenagers
>>
>>26144587
>he didn't take the most efficient route possible to get rich.
Employers don't care about degrees anymore retard they care about experience I got my bachelor's degree from a community college, interned and volunteered on the side to get experience and I'm now making 80k a year with zero student debt. Enjoy those bills and useless piece of paper lol
>>
>>26146585
It's different for everyone. There are people that treat cc like a place to socalize and get dick/puss and others treat cc like it's their last chance to get there lives together and get into a good university.

One of my friends got a chick to suck his dick on campus within the first week of the semester.

I don't understand how people like him pull it off, but it's possible.
>>
>>26146546
I have nothing in common with people that have kids and families and happy experiences

Hell I can't even identify with the younger generation
>>
>literally getting a huge discount for the first two years of your education
>>
>>26145103
YOOOOOO LOL

Literally this. I took 17 credits the past two semesters and am only taking 15 this one (finishing up with CC this semester), and I feel like I have so much fucking free time that I get bored as hell. Whenever I talk to my friends who go to a university, I'm always surprised to find that we're learning the same shit at the same time, or that my professors for those classes are even ahead of them. It's also weird to think that my friends and I can study for exams together since we pretty much learn the same shit and have exams in the same format.

I thought university calculus classes would ask you about advanced theory and proofs but I guess not. Turns out some of the hardest questions were integrate so and so and I just wouldn't believe it whenever my friends told me.

The American education system really is nothing more than a huge gimmick.
>>
>>26145922
he doesn't need luck
>>
>>26146665
You're talking to the wrong old people. The ex cons are the ones you want to talk with.
>>
>>26146666
Haha yeah first two years haha thanks stan for making me feel worse being stuck here for four years.
>>
File: 1439737518134.jpg (24KB, 400x664px) Image search: [Google]
1439737518134.jpg
24KB, 400x664px
How do you guys even get to 4 years at CC unless you are a special case have a job and other problems? You can take 2-3 classes each semester and get out in 2 years. Each class is about 3-4 credits and you need about 60 to get the AA degree.
>>
whats the difference between a technical and community college?
>>
>>26146801
I took four classes each semester but took a break after dropping out last spring for reasons outside of school, then came back this semester. Apparently, some classes I took didn't count for the general education requirements when I thought they did because of both me not knowing the college system that well and having kind of incompetent counselors help me schedule my classes.
>>
>>26144614
community college is for poor and dumb people
>>
>>26146922
Well, that's unfortunate. But did you pass those classes?
>>
>>26146955
I passed all but the last semester of classes.
>>
>>26146952
Not really. I went to a CC and an top-tier uni at the same time.
>>
>>26145247
Lol sounds like you were too poor for uni you cuck
>>
>>26145270
The average age in CCs is like 35.
>>
>>26147326
But that takes into account all the 60-90 year olds.
>>
>>26146464
>you're better off with an Associate's degree.

Dumbest thing I've heard all week. An Associate's is literally half of a Bachelor's. Most jobs that aren't terrible require at least a Bachelor's.
>>
>>26146706
I don't understand this post at all.
>>
>>26147388
Maybe college isn't for you.
>>
>>26146817
Community colleges are for poor people and retards who had GPAs that were too low to be accepted by any state or private universities. If you do well in CC, you can transfer into regular state or private schools after two years.

Technical schools are for absolute complete retards who would never be able to pass college courses. It's carpentry, welding, electrical etc trades for lousy blue-collar jobs.
>>
>>26147409
Bitch, I have a bs.

Still don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: sarcastic oh yeah.gif (916KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
sarcastic oh yeah.gif
916KB, 245x285px
>>26147444

>lousy blue-collar jobs

I'd like you watch this, please, your ignorance is not your fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKzu86Agg0
>>
>>26145151
Please continue to enlighten us on how awesome you are.
>>
File: ep_chart_001.gif (35KB, 720x399px) Image search: [Google]
ep_chart_001.gif
35KB, 720x399px
>>26147498
Nah, I get what Mike Rowe is saying here, but the proof is in the pudding. The better your education, the higher your income ends up over time. Blue-collar jobs have extremely limited financial growth.
>>
>>26147498

Just in case you're tempted to tell me
>TLDW
Too long didn't watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1YhhMHdNY
>>
>>26147472
Ah, that must be because I misread the post that I initially responded to. I've been going to college for four years and I'm still getting basically free classes.
>>
>>26145151
It's the same all over the country now. In my area, we have like 5 huge 4,000+ student high schools. About half of all those students go to our local CC and then transfer to the state schools. It's like the same thing as uni here because we have dorms and shit.
>>
>>26147562

Alright, so answer me this:

If everyone in a country has a degree
Do the wages go up?
Does the cost of the degree stay the same?
Does the marginal benefit of obtaining a degree, or a higher degree increase or decrease?
What happens to blue collar work? Do you bring in immigrants, or will wages rise to attract the lowest rung of the white collar workers to "settle" for these jobs?
>>
File: educationincome.jpg (53KB, 872x497px) Image search: [Google]
educationincome.jpg
53KB, 872x497px
>>26147640
>Do the wages go up?
Slightly due to inflation, but not significantly.

>Does the cost of the degree stay the same?
The cost will continue to rise unless gov't intervenes.

>Does the marginal benefit of obtaining a degree, or a higher degree increase or decrease?
The marginal benefit of obtaining an A.A. or a B.S./B.A. decreases, but the marginal benefit of obtaining advanced degrees increases.

>What happens to blue collar work? Do you bring in immigrants, or will wages rise to attract the lowest rung of the white collar workers to "settle" for these jobs?
Wages won't rise. Outsourcing, Immigrants and robots; in that order, fill the blue-collar jobs.
>>
>>26144587

>being this transparently insecure
>trying desperately to shame people because you're painfully aware of how pathetic you are
>>
>>26147444
>2012
>4.0 GPA throughout HS
>accepted into Penn State, Temple, Valley forge, Drexel, Kutztown, Baltimore, West Chester
>chose to go to Montgomery CC instead
>tried dual majoring for Computer Science and business
>dropped out
>wrote books
>made 40k last book for quarter
>receive a decent constant income each month from other books

All I need is a best seller.

Still not regretting it.
>>
Best alternative to CC that isn't normal college or minimum wage job?
>>
>>26144587
>community college is bad meme

So either definitely underage or definitely rich parents that coddled them too much.

Community college is better than private schools right now. Literally no debt and STILL will get connection with professors and people in any industry you want.

Plus less chance of snowflakes
>>
>>26147444
>lousy blue collar jobs.

You mean jobs that aren't remotely flooded at all and if you are white your reputation is instantly good?
>>
>>26144854
I'd like to do that too lad, what are some books to read prior to jumping in?

>>26145922
It was an inevitability.
>>
>>26147762

>Slightly due to inflation, but not significantly.
So they stay pretty much the same, right?

>The cost will continue to rise unless gov't intervenes.
>The marginal benefit of obtaining an A.A. or a B.S./B.A. decreases, but the marginal benefit of obtaining advanced degrees increases.

So, can we agree that it's possible for the cost to rise faster than the marginal benefit?

>Outsourcing, Immigrants and robots; in that order, fill the blue-collar jobs.

So let's say the immigrants that do the jobs that cant be outsourced have their offspring also obtain a degree, because they have become a part of this "Nation where everyone gets a degree", then what happens? Do the 2nd generation immigrants compete with the "natives"? How do they do so?

Also, do you seriously believe we can have the majority (51% or more) of blue collar work automated BEFORE everyone currently employed in blue collar jobs exits the work force?
>>
>went straight into engineering school
>bumbled around for a few years after, but finally have a decent job
>ran into some people I have not seen in 8 years
>ask me what I am doing
>talk some technical jumbo about my job and they are impressed

Feels good man

>>26145151
Don't do this if you go for a hard major. Your CC GPA does not transfer and you have to build your GPA off of classes that rape your GPA.

I did the math a few years back. CC was $6,000/yr. $12,000 for 2 years is good until you need 3 years of engineering school at $18,000/yr. You need 3 years because some of the classes were offered once a year and had to be taken in series. 5 years of schooling with a lower GPA at the end would have run 66k. Going straight to engineering school was 72k and took 4 years with a higher GPA at the end.

PA sucks for college prices no matter how you cut it. Falling in the hole where your parents are too rich for FAFSA yet poor enough that they can't pay for your schooling sucks. The last loan will be paid off in July, 4 years after I graduated.
>>
>>26145853
Different anon than the one you replied to.
I completely get what you are saying. The example about accounting/bookkeeping associate's throws me off though. Besides being able to get hired at lots of different employers 12$ an hour is kind of shitty..
>>
Is there anything more than hilarious than a retard who fell for the college means you're going to be set for life maymay?

I mean, sure, if you got into to an exclusive, competitive school you might have a shot, but actually trying to shame people when you're barely above them in the grand scheme of things is hilarious
>>
>>26145645
How are you going for free?
Scholarships and whatnot?
>>
>>26144587
Community College is good if you want to learn a trade.

Most government/federal workers in my province went to community college, and they make more money then most people.
>>
File: 1433165751311.jpg (36KB, 467x606px) Image search: [Google]
1433165751311.jpg
36KB, 467x606px
>Attended community college expense-free as part of a high school dropout re-engagement program
>Now a community college drop-out
Feels comfy, dudes
>>
>>26146515
>This will be the semester I make Real Friends!
>well, this semester didn't go so well, n-next time for sure
>repeat for 2+ years
Next semester starts the 8th

Also
>CC on the semester system
>University on the quarter system
>Everyone is succeeding at twice the speed you are and going that much farther in life
Fuck this
>>
>>26149089
Not him, but here in Commiefornia it's free if your parents have low income and you had at least a 3.0 high school GPA.
>>
File: 8ytfdz.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
8ytfdz.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>wasted his best years in community college
>didn't even get his associates before transferring

I fucked myself, don't follow in my footsteps
>>
>tfw deadline to apply for scholarships at texas tech is tomorrow
>essay writing ability of an autistic 12 year old

Welp lads, look like its CC for me
>>
>>26149189

No anon the quarter system is literally GARBAGE.

most quarter systems are 10 weeks a pop while semesters are 18 weeks
> 3x10=30
> 2x18=36
> 36>30
All in all every year you are actually getting less schooling at a quarter system school...

Here are some of its other pitfalls.
>between weeks 3 and 10 you are constantly taking fucking midterms
>you miss a few days because you are horribly sick, you get fucked (a whole week and you may as well an hero)
>you have less time to get to know the professors or TAs and build a meaningful relationship
>not only that but since they only have to teach a retardedly fast-tracked (muh faster pacing I am so smart) joke of a class, the schools can get away with hiring very underqualified instructors who cuck you out of the education your paying for
>All of the professors (good or bad) have learned to cancel their weekly office hours over some fake family emergency just before the midterms in a few days as to do less work but if you go to the earlier there is still material that has to be taught
>more frequent changes of schedule throughout the academic year which is a nuisance if you are working
>>
File: 1450222854098.jpg (31KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1450222854098.jpg
31KB, 395x395px
>>26144587
I went through this mistake. When I'm done paying off my cheap monthly loan payments, I should have good credit.
> not a complete waste of time
Right senpai?
>>
>>26146604
I didn't make any friends, but it was nice to be able to talk to actual adults instead of late-teens and early twenties -- basically the kinds of people who bullied me in high school, fast-forward a few years.

>>26147350
No, there's plenty of adults trying to study up for a better career. That's why there's night classes. (Do universities even have night classes? Or are the students expected to just be drunk and screwing at that time?)
>>
>>26146667

Go to bed Ben.
>>
>still fighting over who goes to better college/has better job
As long you're able to work and support a family you're good.

If you obsess over having better a job/education than your peers you'll end up burned out and depressed.
>>
>>26147444
heard some skilled union construction workers talking about how much they were making the other day...

one guy was being made fun of because he made less than 200k last year, he didn't take a lot of overtime or something.

There was also an unskilled laborer in the same union complaining that he only made 30 an hour. He would literally just pick up garbage and other basic tasks.

lousy blue collar work :^)
>>
>>26146100
Look into becoming a notary public and learning Spanish(or another widely spoken language in your area), it will help your law study credentials.
>>
>>26147370
>Most jobs that aren't terrible require at least a Bachelor's.

That's not true.
>>
>>26146667
>YOOOOOO LOL
Stop posting
>>
University is a fucking meme.
>Professors are tlo busy trying to get research shekels, and don't give a fuck about teaching
>normies everywhere
>administration is a joke
>feminazis and sjw's
>schools make you take consent classes
>safe spaces for trannies
>expensive
>depressing

Just go to a cc for two years. If you hate it, then go work. Or just transfer to a university and not throw yourself into debt like every retarded 18 yo the madrassah pumps out
>>
>>26145964
Do IT
Normies are retarded outside of Facebook and Instagram.
>mfw speech communication major got IBM job
>doesn't even know what a .PDF is
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.