[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you were younger how did you imagine your life would be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: grow up.gif (67KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
grow up.gif
67KB, 700x530px
When you were younger how did you imagine your life would be going at your current age? How does it compare with the reality?
>>
bump for time

original comment
>>
>>26141937
>Rhought I would have a good job and a gf and having sex.
>28, KHV, have a shitty part time job, and live with my parents.
>>
Mormon here

I am 20 years old, so I imagine I would be on an lds mission at this point.

I also imagined that a couple years before I went I would start a band. Never happened.
>>
My life was aways shit, so I aways had a felling it would be shity deep down.
>>
>>26143282
did you think you'd find any gold plates? :^)
>>
>>26141937
I genuinely never imagined myself getting this old. I'm 22, but when I was a kid I honestly didn't have it in my head that I'd live past being a young teenager. Life was really fucking hard and painful, and I couldn't really see much of a future.

Comparatively, life's great now.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>26143328
lel

I did imagine myself serving in Alaska...
>>
>>26143382
i don't know much about the whole thing since Catholic.
>>
I thought I'd have friends, a car, a job, and a girlfriend.

The closest I have to any of that is a driver's permit.
>>
>>26143382
Nice. My friend left and came back (mexico mission). He spent a year looking for a gf and finally found one then put a ring on that first girl in 2 months.

This is not normal. But on Mormonism it is. Not even once kids.
>>
I did not expect to be a kissless virgin and a uni drop out leeching off my mom.
>>
File: feels-bad-man.jpg (47KB, 590x572px) Image search: [Google]
feels-bad-man.jpg
47KB, 590x572px
>It will all get better soon
>If I just do X then it will all change
My younger self was wrong.
>>
>>26143422
if what you're implying is you don't get it, the joke is so bad I can't even explain it
>>
I am a realy old and robot, so i never really considered becoming this far gone.

I remember at 18, when I went to college, how I would stop being khv and whatever. Meet some peeps and enjoy myself. Get a job and have long term relationship by mid 20s.

Then I was like 26 and nothing had changed. I still waste my time watching urkel and saved by the bell. I am khv. neet. loser. friendless completely.

from 26 until now 8 days from 34 I haven't thought about a future. I don't have memories because every day is the same. All one big blur.

Missing the teen rites of passage made me shit young adult.
Missing young adult rites of passage was kind of end of any plan. Too late to start now. Just do nothing until I die.
>>
I let mainstream TV poison my mind into thinking it would be fun, that Id have a group of friends who hang out every night, a loving girlfriend, a car.

I was so deluded.
>>
>>26143478
>implying you wouldn't commit to an arranged marriage if you knew you'd be getting a qt mormon child bride
>>
Honestly I thought I was going to be a bum when I was older but here I am posting this from my own place and not a library or someones house so I'm miles ahead
>>
>>26143554
I had cousins who weren't allowed to watch TV and I felt bad for them. Little did I know I was being subliminally programmed with false ideas about what growing up would be like and how great it would be. Kids need to be educated about how to grow up, not put in front of the TV to slowly become retarded.
>>
>>26143546
Im 28 and dont want to end up like you.

What do you do now? Did you graduate? Do you have a job?
>>
>>26143546
Hey at least you're an example for younger robots to what they will become if they don't get their shit together.
>>
>>26141937
I thought every guy would be tall and that height didn't matter in the first place.
>>
File: unwanted-manlets.jpg (40KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
unwanted-manlets.jpg
40KB, 600x547px
>>26143798
originalcommentoriginalcommentorginalcomment
>>
Thought I would have a house, a car, a steady job and a degree. Instead, I'm homeless
>>
I never really thought about the future. It just wasn't something that ever occurred to me. I was at an opening party for a restaurant my father's company had done some work for. I was maybe 6 years old at the time. They had a caricature artist there, and when he asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I didn't have an answer for him. He drew me as a baseball player, I think because my father had signed me up for baseball earlier that year. I didn't really like or dislike baseball, but my father kept signing me up ever year so I kept playing.
>>
I thought I wouldn't be fat.

I have a high paid job, great education, good friends, have had some girlfriends...

but i'm still fat.

fuck you world.
>>
>>26143724
>nothing
>no
>no

I do nothing. I sometime pet my cat. I am around no one other than my parents. I have no place to go and nothing to do.

And I don't really want to. What the fuck could I do? I will be alone. Not a good life to have.
>>
File: 1446527187533.jpg (37KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1446527187533.jpg
37KB, 500x611px
I always thought I'd make a great career out of one of my many talents. Turns out being a sperg makes all of your talents worthless. Fuck.
>>
Can't say. I always had a lot of trouble imagining the future as a kid. When I was in middle school, I couldn't see myself in high school, and in high school I couldn't see myself in college. Doesn't sound too crazy but it's scary in a way. Honestly considered killing myself once I had to start taking responsibility for adult stuff.
>>
>>26141937
I never liked thinking ahead because I always thought my future would be terrible. Oh boy was I fucking right
>>
>>26145398
This was me tbqhwy senpai
>>
>>26143282
You're allowed to play/listen to music in Mormonism?
>>
>>26141937
I though I would be a typical "teenager" (which I thought was pretty damn cool back then)

I'm 19, I like the way I look and stuff and all the ingredients of a good life are there but something has just been disturbingly but subtly off during all these years. I'm not behind or anything and I have time to "tie it all up in a bow" before I'm 20 and officially an adult, I guess.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.