[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys think about college? Did you go? Is it worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Uni game station.jpg (240KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Uni game station.jpg
240KB, 2048x1152px
So what do you guys think about college?
Did you go? Is it worth it?
>>
>>26134360
I went and I hated it and it sucked, but everything is relative I suppose.
>>
>>26134360
I went, then I was kicked out after 2 weeks. Now I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do with my life.
>>
I went to a terrible school, so I couldn't help but feel disappointed the whole time.
>>
>>26134379
Why did you get kicked out anon?
>>
>>26134360
I went then dropped out. Learn a trade.
>>
File: 8.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>26134360
awful, i couldnt stand being in a class of chads trying to hit on all the staceys who couldnt leave their phones alone. Most of the lessons were spent watching the teacher take phones off of people.

>goup assignments
>>
>>26134430
What did you do about loans? How far did you get?
>>
>>26134360

It's only worth it if you're motivated to be successful. Treat it like a full time job. Stay on campus 8 hours a day/40 hours a week, like a 9-5 job. Learn how to properly study and spend a lot of time in the library away from distractions.

You have to want to go to college to be successful. I can't stress this enough.
>>
>>26134544
Do you have any study tips? Im constantly finding myself distracted or not interested at times.
>>
>>26134571

howtostudyincollege.com
>>
>>26134600
>howtostudyincollege.com
Wow its actually a thing thanks man!
>>
>>26134360
Is that little round thing one of those "smartwatches"
If so, would you tell me about it?
I'm interested in getting one simply cause they look sick.
>>
Depends.

I'm in Australia and currently being paid to goto university . Basically the school version of jobseeker welfare.

I only have to start paying back the loan for my degree once I get a job earning over $50k or so.
>>
>>26134658
Well I had a pretty swanky job during the summer and with my extra disposable income I decided to purchase one. (I kinda regret it) But it has come in handy in a multitude of situations. For example I look at my phone less when I have it on. When in class or on on a date (Not a normie my dates usually don't go so well) I can avoid pulling out my phone out in class and see if a message sent warrants a immediate response. I can also respond to phone calls which comes in handy. As of right now the technology is fairly new; purchasing one right now means that you'll have to put up with a lot of problems. For starters the battery life is atrocious lasting about 12 hours or a day depending on use, It occasionally heats up causing it to become very uncomfortable. If you're looking to purchase a smart watch I would wait another year.
>>
>>26134360
>Did I go?

Yes. I went to community college first, and then transferred to a 4 year university where I earned my BA degree. My major was political science, and I graduated with honors.

>Is it worth it?

So far it hasn't been worth it for me, but I don't know what I would have done differently. I really don't want to work in trades. I was generally interested in the subject matter I studied, but I didn't feel like I got much out of my classes.

>So what do you guys think about college?

Academia has been corrupted by political correctness and churns out lots of low quality graduates as a result. This makes it really hard to distinguish yourself from the masses of low quality grads if you are a good, but not a great student. I'd rather be a student with a 3.0-3.3 GPA in 1960 than a student with a 3.6 GPA today.

I never really felt intellectually challenged or developed a close relationship with my professors. A few professors made their classes difficult mostly by assigning loads of "busy work." I noticed several of my professors go out of their way to develop relationships with students that voiced lowbrow left wing views.

Part of the problem was that I didn't go to a very good university. I knew several people from community college that had worse GPAs than me, but because they had extracurricular bullshit. they got into universities like UCLA and USC. I'm still very pissed about not reaching my potential. I genuinely wonder what sort of educational track I would've been placed on in a country like Germany where students are given much more guidance.
>>
File: awoogoesallout.jpg (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
awoogoesallout.jpg
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>26134972
Thanks anon, I'll be sure to take your advice. I thought that the idea of a smart watch sounded really cool. I knew there were problems and stuff since it's generally new technology.
I'll wait until later in the year to see how things pan out.
>>
>>26135040
I mean if you want a taste of what its like to have one without taking out a second mortgage , you can either:
A) Purchase a first gen moto 360 (Most of the kinks have been worked out and its a fairly decent watch) Bonus: Its also compatable with the I phone.
B) You could look into a pebble classic.
( The battery life is god teir and its actually pretty useful)

Both of the options provided above can be had for less than $150
Moto 360: $100 - $150 ish (depending on the condition of it)
As for the pebble: $50- $100
>>
>>26134360
>I'm graduating now
I have basically no social skills, have had no friends, or gone to any parties
but hey, I can program and have a couple of companies are talking to me about full time positions
>>
>>26135268
Well whats your major?
>>
>>26135268
If your a CS major or IT major social kills are really needed to become a code monkey but, in the event that you want move up social skill are of high value.
>>
>>26135282
computer science
no one talks to anyone in my major, and the one "chad" is this autistic kid who swims in fujoshi pussy because he is the TA of almost every class and had
>>
>>26134997
>My major was political science
>never really felt intellectually challenged
pick two faggo--oh wait you did.
>>
>>26134360
Shitty diet you have there, anon.
>>
File: bath_time_pepe.gif (80KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
bath_time_pepe.gif
80KB, 248x203px
>tfw last semester
>tfw have a 70k job lined up when I graduate
>>
>>26137293
What is your major dude?
>>
>>26137398
Finance and Technology Management(kind of like information systems)
>>
I have a bachelor's degree as a lab technician. Apparently it's real easy to get a job with it. I'm continuing my studies to become a biochemist, but I don't know if it was a good idea.
>>
Eh, lesser evil
>>
>major in creative writing because i wanted a gf more than a future
>turns out i'm actually good at it
>turns out having a specialty instead of a generic business degree is a massive edge for agency jobs
>now i have a future
>still don't have a gf

It worked out fine I guess. Better than 4 years of wage slavery.
>>
File: 1447448320682.gif (2MB, 499x491px) Image search: [Google]
1447448320682.gif
2MB, 499x491px
>>26134360
Everyone I know who has gone to uni or college has dropped out, or are in a spiral of debt or changing their major.

Meanwhile I got my AZ licence, did 1 year training for heavy equipment technician. Now working as a mechanic in a shop making 40 bucks an hour working on huge trucks all day.

Goal is to get enough money to buy some small houses or something and then rent them out so id have a passive income. Anyone ever try doing stuff like that?
>>
>>26134544
This.

I studied at home and I felt I was distracted at times and I falied tests. Then I decided to study at the library for a few hours and my test scores improved greatly. I also utilize the math and science tutoring centers when I need help.

Now I just need to figure out how to make friends in college.
>>
>>26134360
i in the process of getting an associates now
>>
>>26134544
This guy knows what's up. Studied my dick off, graduated with honors, had a job before graduation.
>>
>>26134360
I dropped out, but to be fair, I was in CC.

Some of the people there are fresh out of highschool with the HS mentality. Professors are mostly cool though.

I made some friends while I was attending, we ordered pizza on campus multiple times, and I did some things outside my comfort zone. Made good impressions too.

The drawing point for me was a web design course. The professor was unruly, unfair, and she made every excuse possible to fail me and the other students. There was hidden rules in the weekly rubric for assignments which lead us to fail, and she gave 150 open ended questions for the mid-term and final, and yet, only gave us 40 minutes to do them.

I scored C's on my mid-term and final, and yet, she actually went and accused me of plagiarism(Can't explain that one) and cheating. Had to meet with her, the dean, the and whole nine yards. Also failed me on the final project because she doesn't understand the concept of " BLOGGING GAME WEBSITE WITH GAME STILL IN DEVELOPMENT FREE DEMO " and failed me on the grounds that I didn't have sale charts or a credit card system set up to buy.

But its fine. I went onto owning a semi-popular website, I'm an author full-time, and I'm on my way to making some games. Make bank. Lots of steady income from top selling projects, and I own my own house and car. Who needs a degree in CS anyway?
>>
O N L I N E C O L L E G E
N
L
I
N
E

C
O
L
L
E
G
E
>>
>>26134360
Education is really expensive, like crippling debt expensive.
But no education costs even more in the long run, so long as you learn while you get your signed "smartypants" paper
>>
>>26137797
MOOTLE
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.