[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you robots take anti-anxiety meds? How do they work for you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Do any of you robots take anti-anxiety meds? How do they work for you?
>>
I've been on Zoloft for more than 3 years. Didn't think it did anything so I'm going off of it (down to half my usual dose now) but turns out I'm definitely worrying a lot more about stuff; not so much social anxiety as long-term anxiety about life, work, girls, etc.

Thinking I should stop trying to go off of it and just resign myself to taking it every day for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 1143264.jpg (96KB, 480x728px) Image search: [Google]
1143264.jpg
96KB, 480x728px
>>26133436
I've taken quite a few,
currently I'm on klonopin and gabapentin
they work fairly well, but I can't take them too often because I'm a student and they impede my ability to work, also they're only very effective at doses higher than my shrink will prescribe, so my prescriptions don't last until the next refill.
when I'm out of/don't want to use my prescribed meds I use tobacco, alcohol, kratom, kava, phenibut, picamilon, aniracetam, and l-theanine for anxiety, they're ok for anxiety, nothing like a benzo

my unsuccessful anxiety/depression meds:
fluexetine-did nothing
citalopram-made anxiety worse, induced hallucinations/paranoia, thought about suicide constantly
escitalopram-same as citalopram (for obvious reason)
buspirone- initially it just made me sort've tired, stopped working at all three pills in
aripropizole-made me unreasonably angry constantly, did nothing for anxiety
>>
lupron and progynova are the only meds that made me feel any better
>>
>>26133667

Started taking fluextine everyday for about a month and i still feel the same
>>
You need to figure out what is causing you anxiety, most people here do not even require such means, they should be only if you are literally crippled to the point you are shaking like a madman in public or having crippling panic attacks for most of the day causing you to be writhing on the floor clutching your chest, even then it should be only short term so that you figure out what the hell is going on.

Too many people consume high amounts of caffeine, refined sugar, do not consume enough magnesium, water, or get enough sun light. Now granted this is r9k, so you'll be in an even worse situation. It could be your thyroid glands, it could be malabsorption, it could be even that time you took anti-biotics raping your gut flora, the point I am trying to make here is that there are endless reasons as to why you could be having these "random" bouts of anxiety and taking a pill should not be a long term solution.
>>
>>26133931
>they should be only if you are literally crippled to the point you are shaking like a madman in public or having crippling panic attacks for most of the day causing you to be writhing on the floor clutching your chest
that's how bad mine is and the only anxiety meds that helped turned me into a zombie

my diet is perfect I get regular blood tests
>>
File: 1452650941762.jpg (40KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452650941762.jpg
40KB, 1008x720px
>>26133902
yea that one was strange for me
the other SSRI's I took had nasty side effects, that one didn't, it also didn't noticeably do anything, even after increasing the dose
I was on it for ~4 months, no withdrawal of any kind when I came off of it

it could have been swapped with sugar pills while I wasn't looking for all I know.
>>
>>26133436
go outside and lift

its the only med you need

>hurrr durrr i lock myself in my room all day and never interact with people also i'm weak and out of shape
>ooh these magic pills are gonna fix all my problems!!!

retards
>>
Antidepressants never did anything except cause nasty side effects. I gained almost a hundred pounds, which was very difficult to lose. I felt tired all the time, had no drive, no interest in sex or hobbies - I was basically a zombie. Some of them also made my anxiety worse.

Benzos work fantastically, but you can't use them on a long-term basis due to tolerance and eventual addiction / dependency. It's very tempting to continue using them on a daily basis instead of only for emergencies, which is why no serious doctor will likely ever prescribe them.

Anxiolytics like BusPar don't do shit.

>>26133667

Gabapentin has a very mild effect, but it's similar to benzos. The problem is that you develop a tolerance to it very quickly, so it's not going to be of any benefit to you later down the line. As for Klonopin, you really shouldn't be taking it on a frequent basis. You *will* get addicted.
>>
>>26133982
A standardized blood test for example isn't going to bring up a deficiency for magnesium, you have to get a specific test done for that, which you have to request. That is just one element. I don't think your diet is as perfect as you think it is, as even vegetables don't contain as much minerals as they should due to over-farming ravaging the soils. Are you telling me you don't consume any form of white flour, white rice, white sugar, alcohol, caffeine?

I get it man, I do I have been through that, I have been through benzo withdrawal, but anxiety has to stem from somewhere and isn't magically conjured up in the brain in the way these shrinks want you to believe.
>>
>>26134072
I get full blood tests done every month and everything shows up in the normal range

no white rice, alcohol or caffeine. very little white flour and white sugar

I know why I'm anxious and having panic attacks but I can't do anything about it so I'm stuck like this
>>
>>26133993
I just stopped taking them the other day and went to the doctor about changing my medication but he told me that the stronger stuff was only for "severe cases". Bare in mind when i first went in i was a complete nervous depressed wreck.

I dont really care though because all the other stuff comes with shit side effects.
>>
File: 32874.jpg (633KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
32874.jpg
633KB, 1280x1024px
>>26134018
>Gabapentin has a very mild effect, but it's similar to benzos. The problem is that you develop a tolerance to it very quickly, so it's not going to be of any benefit to you later down the line. As for Klonopin, you really shouldn't be taking it on a frequent basis. You *will* get addicted.
I'm well aware
GABApentin actually is very different from benzos in mechanism of action though. It's a calcium ion channel modulator and affects glutamate -> GABA biosynthesis, while benzos act as PAM of the GABA receptors.
I try to limit my benzos use to only a couple mg a week, I sometimes will not take them for a couple weeks to keep tolerance down
>>
I've been taking medication for depression since I was 18. I think I'm going to ask my doctor for something stronger since what I'm taking now isn't really doing anything.
>>
File: 1979834.jpg (224KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1979834.jpg
224KB, 1280x1024px
>>26134138
if your doc won't give you benzos you can buy analogs on the internet
look for clonazolam and etizolam(there are a bunch of them, these are just the most common), it's not illegal in most parts of the world
>>
>>26134131
Full blood test doesn't factor in a specific test for magnesium, at least not here. They do certainly test for a lot, but not everything as that would require a hell of a lot of resources. A standardized blood test only checks for magnesium serum levels, when in reality you could be deficient simply because the body draws it from other parts of your body, like bones, organs, etc to keep your heart pumping, giving a false reading of everything being a-okay.
>>
>>26134206
its legal where i live i think il buy some

why did no one tell me about this
>>
>>26134253
my endocrinologist requests them since I get GnHR injections. I got extensive tests done when I first started, but you're right, the ones I get regularly only test serum level
>>
>>26133436

Zoloft made me feel amazing the first month. The meds + A cardio intensive job blew my test up and I had a good time.
They helped my sense of time too. Without them I cant manage shit worth shit.
They stopped my racing thought problem and my foggy thinking cleared right up.

Couldn't afford it for the month after and I were emotionally raped by every buried feel once they wore off.

Side effects only lasted 2 weeks for me. Not an issue unless you're working though.
>>
I have doctor-prescribed clonazepam. It is one of the most stress-relieving centimeter-cubed pills you'll ever experience. Someone could tell you that you have cancer while on it and you'd say something like "That's alright, I had a good life anyway."
>>
>>26133931
Caffeine helps my anxiety, puts me in a good mood.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.