[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw tinnitus I JUST WANT SILENCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: frogposter5.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
frogposter5.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
>tfw tinnitus

I JUST WANT SILENCE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 61IgT1U3rVL._SY355_[1].jpg (12KB, 144x355px) Image search: [Google]
61IgT1U3rVL._SY355_[1].jpg
12KB, 144x355px
Rub helichrysum oil in and behind your ears (but not inside your ear hole) daily. Its expensive, pic related cost me #30, but well worth it, because it helps to repair nerve damage/sensory imbalances and easily absorbs through the skin.

and do this mudra with both of your hands resting on your knees: http://wellbeingmantras.com/shunya-mudra-rid-ear-problems/

while you sit cross legged and listen to meditative music such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-5wC8Ln3o

for 45 minutes or so a day. Your tinnitus will eventually diminish to the point you hardly notice it any more.
>>
>>26123721

My Mom had tinnitus.

The answer is marijuana.
>>
I've had this shit for years just don't think about it bro
>>
>>26123859
and also, don't take any prescription drugs or drink alcohol, as both can cause or worsen tinnitus

>>26123875
weed is probably ok, 420 blaze it
>>
>>26123721
How long have you had it? I've had it since childhood and it's pretty much a nonissue now.
>>
>>26123885
It's impossible to not think about it when lying in the dark trying to sleep. It's like someone left a tv on a static channel. A ceiling fan and heating vents can only make so much white noise. I do eventually fall asleep but it's hard sometimes
>>
>>26123920

year now, its gotten worse over periods, and better over periods. my neck also randomly gets tight and a bunch of eye floaters also developed
>>
>>26123921
I have a small thing on my desk that makes noise simulating water flowing, which I turn on at night to soothe my ears to fall asleep. Only time tinnitus is annoying is those rare times when I end up like in bed for 2 hours unable to fall asleep. Otherwise brain just filters it out. Even when my tinnitus was very bad I never heard it during dreams.
>>
>>26123920
I've had it since I was like 10 when I hit my head really hard because I was fucking around on a treadmill at a high speed. Shit ruined the shape of my skull, gave me tinnitus, and probably the floaties in my eyes.
>>
>>26123969

dam that like the reverse shocker
>>
>>26124002

holy fuck are you me. fuck i find myself getting distracted for 15 minutes at a time moving the floaters all around
>>
>>26123969
It's never ever been bad enough to keep me from sleeping or waking me up, but when I'm restless it gets on my nerves. I want to try a noise machine but don't know what to look for
>>
>>26124035

not that guy but just search on the app store of your phone. plenty of apps that play waterfalls, surf, forest noises, or even just white or brown noise
>>
i've had this shit my entire life and it gets noticeable if i listen to music a bit louder than i should

barely notice it at this point its cool
>>
>>26123859
>mudra
this sounds like bullshit, anon
>>
>>26124047
Wow never thought of that, thanks anon.
>>
>>26123946
>>26123946
Maybe finding a way to cure it would be best. People who get it late can't live with it. There are also noise machines that emit sounds of rain or wind on trees to cover the ring. Pretty neat but I personally don't need one.
>>
You could try the tapping technique to see if it helps.

http://health.learninginfo.org/tinnitus.htm
>>
File: Blonde.png (45KB, 950x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blonde.png
45KB, 950x300px
>>26123903
>don't take drugs or alcohol
>weed is okay

this meme gets me all the teenage psychotic clients

>b-b-but it's not the weed
yes it is
>>
>>26123859

>application of shit outside your ear somehow repairs nerve damage
>never mind it's damage to the cochlear hairs that cause most tinnitus
You sound like an idio-
>fucking meditation
Oh you are are an idiot. Okay.
>>
File: 1418859277401.jpg (11KB, 407x378px) Image search: [Google]
1418859277401.jpg
11KB, 407x378px
>>26123859
Motherfucking bullshit hippy crap like this pisses me off so god damned much
>>
http://blog.szynalski.com/2012/08/19/plasticity/

>I wrote Plasticity to treat my tinnitus (a phantom sound in my head). The idea was to re-wire the auditory cortex in my brain through repeated training in order to change my perception of the tinnitus sound. The name "Plasticity" refers to cortical plasticity -- the ability of the cortex to reorganize in response to stimuli. Did Plasticity help my tinnitus? Well, I no longer have a tinnitus problem, though I am not sure to what extent Plasticity contributed to the improvement. If you have tinnitus (especially pure-tone tinnitus), you might as well give it a try.

>http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tinnitus.htm

godspeed OP
>>
>>26124127
oh look everybody its the anti-buddha
>>
>tfw can't tell if I have tinnitus or not
>>
File: 1453842872113s.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1453842872113s.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>tfw sinusitis, tinnitus, and floaters

I JUST WANT TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE
>>
>>26123721
About a year and a half ago I would have said that tinnitus was the biggest pain in my life, especially because I think my ex-girlfriend slapping me on the ear caused it and it reminded me of the trauma. Then I had actual problems and my loud tinnitus is something I barely think about at all. I don't know, saying "get worse problems" doesn't really help but shit's not that bad yo. Sorry though.
>>
>>26124791
Oh and I also get a pulse-like sensation from my left eardrum every once in a while, anyone else have that?
>>
>>26124832
Is it just a single pulse or several in succession? Does it feel like a whooshing?
>>
>>26124853
sorry i'm a bit late on the reply but it's usually several in succession, it usually happens when i'm sleep deprived or have anxiety. it's not like a whooshing, it's like a heartbeat.
>>
>>26124780
I've had all three since I can remember
you'll get used to them, just turn a fan on when you sleep
>>
>>26123721
psychedelic therapy with mdma and shrooms helped my tinnitus a lot, ask me anything about process if you guys want.
>>
>>26125303
oh and also, placebo or not, meditation seems to help quite a lot too, at least in hearing what people are saying afterwards.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.