[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On acid What do senpai

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 6

File: 1442619434666.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442619434666.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
On acid

What do senpai
>>
Put some good music on. Maybe paint a self portrait.
>>
>>26118506

Look in a mirror.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tw6vbsqE9o

hit that kanoguti
>>
you need to WAKE UP
>>
How much/how many tabs?
Less than 200 mics, do something creative. Over 200, put on some music and chill.

Or watch the movie Tekkon Kinkreet.
>>
>>26118603
jESUS CHRIST WHAT THE UFCK
>>
Two drops at 100ug each about two hours ago,

>tfw no idea what to do because directly on border
>>
>>26118697
It differs person to person, but you might want to eat something now. I tend not to want to eat when I'm tripping, and it lasts at least 12 hours for me. That can really fuck up a trip.

Other than that, just roll with it man. If you're in a nice neighborhood, maybe go for a walk somewhere you're comfortable. Or mess around with this: http://onlinesequencer.net/
>>
>>26118697
Damn.I hate trips like that now, after accidently dosing myself too strongly twice with ~600ug each time. A 200ug trip is incredibly lackluster now. It was comfy, but that's it. I won't even bother unless I know it's the real deal now and I'm completely alone just to stair at blue planet and listen to music, because you have the damn concentration of a 3 year old when u go that far out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhheiPTdZCw

Enjoy that

Go take a walk if you live somewhere warm, experience nature. 100% the best thing to do. There is nothing better

and then send me some.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldRhniqAI6s

watch this, you'll love it
>>
Listen to the Bhagavad Gita on youtube. Trust me senpai f a m
>>
>>26118506
Punch yourself for being such a flaming retard and hope your newly acquired delusions will go away eventually.
>>
Watch Planet Earth

one of the greatest experiences of my life was Planet Earth on acid
>>
>>26118945
the video + odd future. How about no friend 8)
>>
>>26119003
Talking a walk is the best thing man, shit is just absolutely unreal
>>
>>26119003
>consiering a drugged trip a great experience

Of drawing a great picture, of getting a girl smile at you, of composing your first song, of moving out, of coming with a creative hack, you chose to partly define yourself through a trip. A fucking chemical delusion-inducing brain damage. That's below sad.
>>
>>26119016
what? what has odd future got to do with it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U07HLxAMqYA

What's this like?
>>
>>26119071
In short, finding a drug trip 'meaningful' is equivalent to being proud of being a tripfag on /soc/ or something. It's the lowest possible level of entertainment.
>>
>>26119071
just gtfo

hes not defining himself.

do you even know what experience means?
>>
Get off the computer
>>
>>26119123
Yes. Something you *experienced*. Something *external*. An *achievement*, or something *learnable*. Not getting your poor brain to babble incoherently at itself how wonderful and meaningful and blah blah fucking blah everything is.
>>
>>26119105
makes me incredibly uneasy
>>
>>26119153
have you fucked a girl?

op doing that on acid was a MEANIGFUL EXPERIENCE* FOR ME.
>>
>>26119071
>>26119113
>>26119153

You could always, you know, leave the thread.

If it's not your thing cool, no one asked for you to talk shit though.
>>
>>26119153
In short:

real, actual experiences : drugged trips :: mastering a foreign language :: glossolalia

You just think it's meaningful, but it's objectively just your brain crapping itself.
>>
>>26119169
op leave now, go do anything else but this.

>>26119153
experience doesn't mean achievement, learnable, or external you god damn retarded auttistic faggot
>>
>>26119184
Not on acid, no.
>>
>>26119169
for real, if it's warm out where you are, go take a walk
>>
>>26119169
Alright. How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinXNf87_rA
>>
>>26119196
It's just sad to see people speak less approvingly of true experiences because of the chemical irresistibility of a crude ersatz. It's like seeing people speak more favourably of modern conceptual 'black square on a white square' 'art' which they've come to understand at the expense of interest in the brand of art which takes competence.
>>
>>26119202
enjoy your autism
>>
>>26119222
>experience doesn't mean achievement, learnable, or external

Only if blubbaplubbablibbitybloooooooo is a real word to you.

You learn nothing on 'psychedelics'. It literally comes with zero self-knowledge, you understand nothing new about yourself, but a whole package of religious delusions.
>>
>>26119285
do you think they've experienced hallucinogenics of any form?
>>
>>26119285
no its not sad.

its sad to see autistic neckbeards so cut off from reality that they think they literally know everything and can talk down to other people about drugs.
>>
>>26119317
you're so misguided it hurts, holy fucking christ.
>>
>>26119324
Who? Approvers of modern 'art'? Probably, the lobby pushing 'psychedelics' as a harmless therapeutic aid being powerful as it is.
>>
>>26119353
All right, let's play the 'psychedelic' hangman.

My guess is that your GRAND RELEVATION ABOUT YOURSELF begins with the word... 'consciousness is something something blah blah'.

Did I get it? Or is it... 'reality is... (relative or subjective or whatever)'?

Or maybe 'self' or 'the mind' or 'ego' which, naturally, doesn't exist?
>>
>>26119408
So list what you've tried
>>
>>26119408
>>26119353
I mean, I'm literally laughing at your deluded self-importance. You didn't learn shit about yourself, that stuff resides in anatomy textbooks. You just came to spout religious shit you've come to believe about the importance of understanding of shutthefuckup.
>>
>>26119426
Druggies never stop being cute when they're thinking that's relevant. :3
>>
>>26119317
>religious delusions.

jesus christ what the fuck are you babbling on about now?

You don't have to learn anything to have a damn experience you faggot. have you ever taken any drugs? let alone acid. No. So just fucking leave. You have no concept, no fucking clue what you are talking about
>>
>>26119438
Who are you actually talking to? you linked to two opposing posts. Hello?
>>
>>26119474
thanks for not being retarded
>>
>>26119463
you also didn't answer the question 8)

I never had a GRAND RELEVATION ABOUT MYSELF, I learned to not take everything for granted, I have a much greater appreciation of nature due to acid.

Go ahead and attack me now 8)
>>
>>26119478
My post was a further commentary of my exchange with that druggie, obviously.

>>26119474
>have you ever taken any drugs?

Another 'u cant judge before u try'! :3 I almost feel like a father watching its child commit its first fallacy.

>jesus christ what the fuck are you babbling on about now?

I'm talking about your mental diarrhoea of 'I understood that everything can be wrong', 'I understand that there are kinds of thinking sober minds can't understand', and so on. All 100% delusional trash which has no content, but to which druggies hold so dearly and which they so cherish.
>>
>>26119549
god you're cool
>>
>>26119408
oh look it's this autist.

Spoiler alert, "meaning" is just as real as the kaleidoscope shit you're not actually seeing. Eventually everything you feel from all the shit you listed can be boiled down to MUH BRAYNE KEMIKULZ

stop autisming in every drug thread on /r9k/ it's getting old
>>
>>26119536
>I learned to not take everything for granted

I'm literally laughing at loud thinking just how disabled one has to be to consider such a perfectly vacuous platitude meaningful in any way whatsoever. It translates to no thing. It didn't equip you to spot fallacies better. It didn't equip you to rather speak of matter, of facts, rather than religious crap. It didn't equip you to relate your behaviour to your brain. It didn't equip you to parse words better. It didn't make you more observant of relationships between parts of environment, either natural (ecosystemic) or manmade (because those sit in textbooks, e.g. engineering).
>>
>>26119549
the coolest thing is, you're posting on a cambodian turkey harvesting forum, in a thread about something you don't approve of, arguing with anonymous strangers over the internet. Sounds a lot more constructive than people trying and experiencing things they want to.
>>
>>26119621
You're actually the most autistic person I've ever talked to on 4chan, kudos man, I'm actually impressed
>>
>>26119627
So basically, 'psychedelics' taught you to reply NO U?
>>
>>26119549
holy fucking shit you are literally retarded. I thought you were trolling but now I know for sure you're an autistic neckbeard

> 'I understood that everything can be wrong', 'I understand that there are kinds of thinking sober minds can't understand'
When did i ever claim those things or mention ego or anything like that at all?

>'druggies'
thats incredibly assuming saying that all people who take drugs think alike

All I am saying is you have no idea what YOU are talking about
>>
>>26119621
>It didn't equip you to spot fallacies better.
Truly, if it did not allow him to be enlightened by his own intelligence, how could it have been "enjoyable" or "meaningful"?
>>
eat magic mushrooms
>>
>>26119654
No joke, I don't think I ever talked to a more autistic person than him on 4chan either

>>26119549
have you ever held a girls hand?
>>
>>26119669
You're on your own with him, I'm out, I can't handle the holier than thou mentality this cunt has

GOOD LUCK OP, HAVE FUN AND DON'T LET THIS FAGGOT RUIN YOUR EXPERIENCE!
>>
>>26119654
>>26119669
Normalization of /r9k/ accelerates apparently.

>>26119669
>When did i ever claim those things

When will you understand that English shares the singular and the plural second person pronoun?

>thats incredibly assuming saying that all people who take drugs think alike

'there are exciptions!'

>>26119674
>how could it have been "enjoyable" or "meaningful"?

'Meaningful' = employable to operate on, nagivate, predict, manipulate, the world better, e.g. to harvest materials, or self-sustain, or communicate things to each other. Science (physics to geology to oncology to I don't know, even psychology when it's not religious shit but statistical), language (syntactic trees or something, artificial intelligence), math, etc. 'Psychedelic' tripe just leaves you with I UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING I'M NOT SURE WHAT BUT I DID.
>>
>>26119792
(And it leaves you an empathetic retard with degenerated artistic taste, but that's a given.)
>>
>>26119827
>inb4 'psychedelics are just a tool'

Doesn't matter if the thing they're going to be ultimately used for always in practice turn out to be religious excrement about the nature of reality and empathizing with others, 'u shuld always respect another persons opinion'.
>>
>>26119792
Have a nice life buddy. I'm done. Thanks for ruining a thread with your autistic opinion.

Op I hope you aren't here anymore.
>>
>>26119886
peace man, sucks it was ruined, but thanks for trying!
>>
>>26118506

Where did you get the acid? Why did you choose to take it?
>>
>>26119886
'Responsible psychonauts with a deeper understanding of personal relationships and the nature of the mind', just there. Your mindbending lifechanging drug didn't even cause you to avoid irony. You're all so full of shit.
>>
>>26119792
I noticed you left out 'enjoyable'
>>
Stop feeding the troll
>>
>>26119926
have you held a girls hand?
>>
>>26119941
I am aware. I am aware of the bogeyman of a BAD TRIP which is used to manipulate people into taking drugs in a 'comforting and natural environment' so to maximize the effect of rendering you empathetic.
>>
>>26119792
>'Meaningful' = employable to operate on, nagivate, predict, manipulate, the world better, e.g. to harvest materials, or self-sustain, or communicate things to each other.
Oh, so your definition is wrong. By "meaningful", you think they meant "useful", when they meant "personally significant". A confusion on your part.

Consider the flashbulb memory. People tend to take in needlessly vivid recollections of their surroundings when they are told important news. News that has meaning to them. How many people do you know that could tell you what the color of the walls were in the room where they learned the pythagorean theorem?
>>
dis gun b gud
>>
>>26119926
http://www.cracked.com/article_16532_the-5-greatest-things-ever-accomplished-while-high.html
>>
>>26119202
What happened in your life that you feel the need to shit on people for no reason
>>
>>26120075
he has debilitating autism
>>
File: 1453790598660.jpg (154KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1453790598660.jpg
154KB, 1001x823px
>tfw walking on the beach while listening to vaporwave while on acid

Genuinely one of the best experiences in my life
>>
>>26120063
holy shit that baseball story tho
>>
>>26120112
that sounds like an enjoyable experience anon.

A very nice experience in my life is when I took molly with a girl, we walked around the snow covered fields talking, then we went home got comfy, and fucked each others brains out. One of my best experiences while high.
>>
>>26120165
>>26120112
those both sound absolutely wonderful, walks are wonderful
>>
>>26119970
>Huxley wrote that the sober mind has a series of filters on it that basically prevent abstract thought (evolution put them there for the sake of survival, since having daydreams about the nature of the universe while driving can cause you to plow into a semi). But Huxley and Crick thought drugs like mescaline and LSD could temporarily remove those filters.
>>
>>26119968
>>26120075
You seem to be under the common misconception that a question mark makes a question. It doesn't ('Can you be more stupid?'/'Tell me what it is.'); yours isn't one, but an affective statement to ridicule me in others' eyes. I only answer questions.

>>26120112
>vaporwave

Let me take a listen...

That's not very much of a music genre.
>>
>>26119408
Taking solace in the fact that I'll never be pathetic as you has given my life new meaning, thank you, nameste.
>>
>>26120255
you seem to think this is ap english
>>
>>26120195
>the sober mind has a series of filters on it that basically prevent abstract thought

Abstract THOUGHT is meaningful abstraction. For instance, of crystallic structures to graphs, or of, again, language to trees, or of functions of physical phenomena to algebraic terms or something. Not, for the nth, runny crap about 'the nature of the universe', which phrase should *long* ago have become a universal laughing stock.
>>
File: 1453681811212.png (476KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
1453681811212.png
476KB, 574x413px
>>26120255
Wow fuck off autismo
>>
>>26120315
>, runny crap about 'the nature of the universe'
I never claimed to support this.
>>
>>26120315
You're farther along than that phrase, it's got a ways to go bud
>>
>>26120007
>"personally significant"

There is no such thing. That's the very problem. That 'psychedelic' trips get people to come up with this retarded phrase. 'I, uh, felt very funny, and I don't know what this is about, it taught me nothing about reality, it didn't teach me anything about myself, but it taught me, taught me, SOMETHING! So I'm gonna call it "personal significance".' Significance either pertains to external application (does a piece of knowledge allows be to build something?) or doesn't exist.
>>
>>26120375
its like I'm talking to angry spock lol
>>
>>26120375
Please continue, I wan't to see how far you can take this. Set that autism benchmark really high, I'm rooting for you
>>
>>26120375
Taking LSD made me realize that I didn't actually have a crush on a girl and I was able to get over her. It didn't teach me some profound new thing about all interpersonal relationships. I just found that I was able to think about the situation with "fresh eyes" and certain truths became very obvious. That's what people typically mean by "personally significant".

Of course, you probably have no areas of your life that could benefit from such thinking, because you are le perfect science logic autist.
>>
>>26120352
Another druggie who's never heard of grammatical number. I'm not referring to you personally. Such claims betray that you're a newfaggot, too, thinking imageboards are about accurate attribution of points to individual posters (while in reality we're all Anon), and that you should GTFO swiftly.

>>26120317
>>26120363
Even a couple of months ago, enlightened druggies used to be mildly above the level of bare insults. Again, /r9k/ changes rapidly.
>>
>>26120375
So an experience can't be of any personal significance to somebody? Is that your argument?
>>
>>26120463
That's what he's pushin'
>>
>>26120453
What do you do for a living just out of curiosity?
>>
>>26120453
calm down there spock
>>
>>26120438
>Taking LSD made me realize that I didn't actually have a crush on a girl and I was able to get over her.

Same druggie fallacies, same druggie misuse of terms.

There is no such thing as 'I realized that I shouldn't'. This is just changed priorities, tard. When I come to say 'I realized I like the colour blue' (let ME use a fucking colour metaphor for once), it is not an understanding, it is just a change in preference -- I liked red, now I like blue. The drug just preset you to tell your crush that you're not interested. No understanding there, you just became more passive.
>>
>>26120453
You gotta understand that these strawman "DUDE I MET GOD ON LSD!" druggies that you think you're arguing with have made literally 0 posts in this thread. Everyone was just having a pleasant time talking about what they enjoyed doing on psychedelics before you started with all that shit.
>>
>>26118506
I'M AT YOUR HOUSE DEAD MAN!!!

LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!!!

DO YOU SEE ME?

THAT'S BECAUSE I'M INSIDE YOUR HOUSE NOW DEAD MAN!!!
>>
ITT: One angry, righteous autist tries to convince everyone else why they aren't allowed to like what they like and try what they want. Ends up looking like a complete bafoon
>>
>>26120496
Not curiosity. Spite. You're still not asking questions. As long as you lie, I won't answer.
>>
>>26120520
exactly this

and hes starting to nitpick about grammr
>>
>>26120517
>There is no such thing as 'I realized that I shouldn't'

So you've never made a mistake or come to regret a previous decision or line of thinking? Never?

You've never... learned anything? You've never acquired new knowledge about something and changed your opinion about it? When you learned that 3 x 3 = 9 did you just "change your preference"?

Basically before I was obsessed with starting a relationship with this girl, and it was driving me crazy. But when I thought about it on LSD, I realized that I really didn't like her any more than my other friends, I just liked that she had big tits. It suddenly became so obvious.
>>
>>26120542
You're making an implication that isn't true friend. Explain how spite could be involved
>>
>>26120517
care to answer my question?
>>26120463
>>
>>26120463
I'm not saying that, because 'personal significance' is not a thing. It is too vague. It is the kind of shit 'psychedelics' get you to ramble about. It can encompass things as varied as having a favourite object and having made someone learn something. It's 'knowledge is relative'-tier. It holds no candle to science (and show me a druggie who doesn't say 'science is relative'; the rabidity with which they say this is really surprising).
>>
>>26120542
What do you do for a living?
Are you, or have you ever been in a romantic relationship?

I'm asking out of spite.
>>
>>26120517
"tard"

"Even a couple of months ago, enlightened druggies used to be mildly above the level of bare insults."
>>
>>26120517
>There is no such thing as 'I realized that I shouldn't'.
What you just said makes no fucking sense. You deserve all the ad-hom because you're not even making arguments, you're just stringing words together and presenting them as fact.
>>
>>26120617
>and show me a druggie who doesn't say 'science is relative'

Literally anyone in this thread. Again, you're arguing with some guy you probably met in high school and not people who are actually talking to.

Do you have problems with people having favorite objects? Sentimentality? Pleasant memories? Personal connections? Nostalgia? Are you denying that all of these exist? Most normal people experience all of these, completely sober, and enjoy them.
>>
>>26120617
nobody here ever said science is relative.
only an idiot would say that

why do you assume we are saying personal significance is comparable to science?
>>
>>26118506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25YbRHAc_h4

This is my favorite album for LSD, maybe you'll like it. Good to listen to while watching nature videos.
>>
>>26120617
>>26120615
In short, drug 'trips' make you glue together platitudes that carry no weight, cannot be falsified, and having which makes you better at nothing. Note: I'm not saying (how retarded do you have to be for me to even have to clarify that) that 'psychedelics' don't change you as a person. Of course they do; their empathetic and aesthetic impairment is lamentable. But they teach you nothing. Please distinguish between a drug TEACHING you something and a drug EFFECTING a life change which might entail learning something. Literally anything does the latter; only textbooks do the former.

>>26120600
>So you've never made a mistake or come to regret a previous decision or line of thinking? Never?

Of course I did, and of course those weren't realizations. A realization is, for instance, that (1) in nature there is no suction, or that (2) in nature there is no coolness, or (3) in vacuum there is no temperature, and so on. Objective. Again, your 'I realized I prefer A over B' is just a drug altering your priorities. Subjective.
>>
>>26120617
So you're saying personal significance doesn't exist at all? I'm lost here. If somebody takes acid, and has a good experience, then I would assume that experience had some personal significance to them right? Aren't you pretty much telling people what should and shouldn't be significant to them at this point and then claiming that the concept of personal significance doesn't exist?

The bottom line is, people will always do whatever they want. It may not be the most logical decision, or they may regret the outcome later down the line, but they always do what they want. Lsd is already illegal, so I don't even know what you're suggesting.
>>
>>26120617
>'personal significance' is not a thing. It is too vague.
Are you honestly, actually autistic? I don't mean that as an insult, if you cannot empathize with people but instead try to see them as a collection of objective facts you legitimately have autism.
>>
>>26119549
Oohh I get it now.
I know your type, you're this weird mixture of a hipster and a straight edge or some shit.
"drugs are bayyd m'kay, and I'm gonna make everyone know it trying to be cynical about it"

Seriously, why the fuck you faggots keep coming here??
>>
>>26120644
Exactly. 'Bare'. My 'insult' was circumscribed with a point.
>>
>>26120728
Okay so your argument is that nothing that doesn't flat out teach you some objective truth about the universe is worth doing.

So to summarize
Worth doing: arguing about minute semantics on /r9k/ on Friday night
Not worth doing: enjoying your favorite music in a new light while vividly hallucinating real-time music videos
>>
>>26120751
>yfw this one, singular guy has been arguing with god only knows how many people, for the majority of this thread, for no apparent reason
>>
>>26120765
>stating "my viewpoint is real" is a point
And no, I'm not trying to imply "MUUUUH SUBJECTIVITY" or whatever, you literally didn't make a point at all, you just said things. I would call that conjecture.
>>
File: autism[1].png (51KB, 338x288px) Image search: [Google]
autism[1].png
51KB, 338x288px
>>26120817
>for no apparent reason
>>
>>26120860
thanks for correcting me. I honestly don't get it
>>
>>26120685
>Do you have problems with people having favorite objects? Sentimentality? Pleasant memories? Personal connections? Nostalgia? Are you denying that all of these exist?

None of those are 'significance'. Significance means, well, meaning. 'There is a cat on the mat' is a statement and as such has significance. There being a cat on the mat is not a statement and has no significance. That your drug led you to drop some chick doesn't mean it meant anything any more than a punch to your face meant anything.

Either way, the woodwork our /r9k/ board consists of seems particularly druggie infested, them crawling out more voluminously than ever. I'm going to be out.

>>26120685
>>26120716
Do the reading you're accusing me of not having done. Read some trip stories. Read the 'conclusions' people make. >inb4 no true druggie, fuck.

>>26120743
I'm not autistic and I am much more empathetic than the average person.
>>
>>26120900
http://aspergerstest.net/aq-test/
>>
>>26120900
>None of those are 'significance'.
adjective
adjective: significant

sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
"a significant increase in sales"
synonyms: notable, noteworthy, worthy of attention, remarkable, important, of importance, of consequence, signal
>>
>>26120934
I know (and 've taken) this test and I don't need tests to tell my susceptibility to absorb emotions via witnessing facial expressions and tone of voice, absorb terms' connotations of (dis)approval, my focus on the so-called body language, and so on.
>>
>>26120900
Okay, but why would you wage war on erowid losers in this thread? Why would you spend all these posts belaboring the strict definitions of words like "significance" when it's apparent that the modifier "personal" changes it? What part of that sounds empathetic and/or not autistic?
>>
File: 1453985005593.png (235KB, 564x804px) Image search: [Google]
1453985005593.png
235KB, 564x804px
>>26120375
LSD made me a fascist
>>
>>26120900
>Do the reading you're accusing me of not having done. Read some trip stories. Read the 'conclusions' people make. >inb4 no true druggie, fuck.
>implying anyone agrees with what some faggot wrote in a damn trip report you read once while he was high on research chemicals

>I'm not autistic and I am much more empathetic than the average person.
no.
>>
>>26120989
What was your score?
>>
>>26120900
>I'm not autistic and I am much more empathetic than the average person.
Seriously, is this performance art? Nobody on /r9k/ lacks THIS much self awareness
>>
>>26121017
Why should I remember scores on some test that only serves for self-diagnoses?

http://fysh.org/~zefram/allism/allism_intro.txt is all the reading I know. I fit all the points: I'm religious, empathetic, preoccupied with faces, etc.

Either way, the posts are coming too fast for me to reply. /r9k/ is probably lost to normalfaggotry. The resident druggies are just too fiercely protective of their 'personal significance' of their tripe trips.
>>
>>26121074
>is all the reading I know
*is all the reading I NEED
>>
>>26121074
>I'm religious

LMAO, what sort of realization lead you to that? Does your God have personal significance to you? I can't believe resident christies are so protective of their tripe church trips.
>>
>>26121074
>allism
holy fuck my sides
>>
>>26121074
Convenient that you would dip out as soon as someone posts an actual dictionary definition disproving your totally arbitrary arguments
>>
>>26121074
So you were dropped on your head as a baby? That sounds significant
>>
>>26121074
Why do you have to sperg out at anyone who disagrees with you? Fucking retarded 3rd-circuit fag, go read Prometheus Rising
>>
>>26120990
Well, lone druggie post that's not directly insultive and as such deserves a reply:

The answer is:

significance : the so-called 'personal significance' :: intelligence : the so-called 'multiple intelligences' or 'emotional intelligence'

When you start qualifying things like that, to refer to non-objective statements or ideological constructs concocted for political reasons, you water down the root term, poisoning them with connotations of your qualifiers. People begin to say 'yeah yeah, science might mean something, but it's not everything because there's personal significance as well'. It's a political scheme designed to associate a positive, objective term ('meaning', 'intelligence') with submeanings such as '...but it can be subjective, too!' or '...but it can be emotional, too!'.

Now I'm out. The replies are coming too fast really.
>>
>>26121139
I am religious in the sense that I am nearly irresistibly drawn to religious language; it's an innate trait. I just reject it; the term 'God' is meaningless and I am ignostic. But I am religious at the same time. Religiosity tells about my brain, what I am genetically wired to believe and speak of; ignosticism tells about my actually held (lack of) beliefs.
>>
>>26121221
>science
>religion
>now politics

Get your shit together and have a cohesive arguement
>>
>>26121254
literally Autism: The Post

Original
r
i
g
i
n
a
l
>>
>>26121282
>mention many things
>get accused of incohesion

So encyclopedias are the most incohesive publications of all?
>>
>>26121221
If you honestly think that sort of thinking is damaging the public's image of science, don't you also see the harm in promoting a "NO FUN ALLOWED, SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCES ARE WORTHLESS" attitude as a "scientific" one? That seems like just as dangerous an attitude, as no one will like you or want to share any opinions with you.

Many notable scientists have experimented with psychedelic drugs. None of them, of course, are claiming that they found gigantic universal truths that they couldn't have otherwise, but the ability of psychedelics to give you new perspectives on familiar thoughts has been widely noted. The double helix model of DNA was proposed by Crick while on LSD. Why not take the reasonable view of scientific leaders instead of dogmatically taking the opposite stance of extremists?
>>
>>26121221
Well I've been here since the start of this thread, thanks for making my Friday night a good one.

I now realize that no matter how low I stoop in my life, no matter how far I fall or how badly I fail, I will never, ever, have to suffer the misery that must be having to be you.

Thanks again and good night
>>
>>26121254
I actually find this very interesting. I was rude to you earlier in the thread, and I still don't think the way you behaved in this thread is at all justifiable or sensible, but I think your perspective here is fascinating. It reminds me of the narrator's description of himself in David Foster Wallace's "All That", which is my favorite short story.

Can you explain more specifically what you mean by "religious language"?
>>
>>26121336
he can't reply to this
>>
>>26121336
>SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCES ARE WORTHLESS

...It's pointless.

...Talking at druggies, it's pointless. It's, again to borrow the metaphor from that one wise anon, trying to sculpt a discussion from runny shit.

Worth is a pretty well-defined concept that has to do with decision-making: when one considers a future or past outcome as desirable, leading one to opt for one eventuality over another. A druggie sure can consider a trip, either past or future, worthwhile; but they are not meaningful because they teach nothing and at best (& rarest) just affect your life priorities, 'I "realized" I should be nicer to people'.

>no one will like you or want to share any opinions with you

:o

>the ability of psychedelics to give you new perspectives on familiar thoughts has been widely noted

That's true. It has been very widely noted indeed. The problem is that it does not exist. Again, the 'new perspectives' are either unfalsifiable cliches that bestow no employable insights, altered preferences, or certain other delusions such as delusion of free will.

>>26121358
You're just a druggie, like hundreds of millions before you and billions after you.

>>26121413
>Can you explain more specifically what you mean by "religious language"?

Read any story on the aforementioned Erowid, or any Buddhist text (fun fact: Buddhist garbage is much more incomprehensible than the Bible; the Bible is pretty much a narrative, while Buddhist trash is just pure schizophrenia). 'The mind informs the products of its perception of...' kind of shit.

>>26121518
Hush, druggie.
>>
>>26121336
>>26121610
Oh, and as for that Crick druggie posterboy (makes me think... would that make Sagan, whom I know nothing about but who I believe spoke favourably of cannabis, be a druggie po(s)t(er)boy?)... I am more and more convinced that it was more like that prank Feynman pulled with that IQ test of his, flunking it intentionally, and which people are still falling for today.
>>
>>26121610
>Again, the 'new perspectives' are either unfalsifiable cliches that bestow no employable insights, altered preferences, or certain other delusions such as delusion of free will.

Oh yeah, like the double helix structure of DNA. Or even "I don't like that girl all that much".

Why are you incapable of even considering the idea that there's a middle ground between "LSD teaches you the secrets of the universe" and "LSD makes you believe nonsense"? Why can't it be like the experience of travelling, reading a book, eating a new food, or literally everything else? Why can't it just capable of making you realize true things, but not inherently containing those truths, and allow you to change your preferences or opinions? What's wrong with that?
>>
>>26121610
>any Buddhist text

For instance, check out this:

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/heartstr.htm

Literally a random string of words which has been used for generations to bestow the seal of approval of 'enlightenment' as soon as a Buddhist 'student' complies with the 'master' with respect to interpretation of that piece of bullshit.
>>
>>26121746
Feynman would eat ketamine and hang out in sensory deprivation tanks so go take that L quietly.

Just because you're autistic about drugs doesn't mean there's a multi-decade international conspiracy to try to convince you otherwise. Most stuff wasn't discovered on psychedelics but a few things were, because it's a fun experience that makes you think about stuff in ways you might not otherwise. Why is that so hard to deal with?
>>
>>26121845
Do you like any movies, music, or fiction books?
>>
>>26121805
>Why can't it be like
>>26121852
>Why is that so hard

Now at least you're trying to discuss.

Easy: the pareidolic religiosity (seeing sense in bullcrap like >>26121845), the empathy (focusing on the foregroud of the facial expressions as opposed to material patterns such as, to use this lone example, the pattern of the person twisting their fingers or altering their gait), the degenerated artistic ability (coming to prefer droning music etc.), coming to prefer discussion of meaningless abstractions rather than physics and biology, etc.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here now: I'm not going to >inb4 NADALT (not all druggies are like that).
>>
>>26121922
Movies, no, IQ too low to watch.

Fiction, hate unless it's basically a historical texbook such as the Middle-earth with respect to Old English and Norse and Finnish or whatever folklore.

Music, I like progressive rock (but not metal).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O_M-Lw4_Bfo

OUT.
>>
>>26121943
So basically no one could possibly have fun or do anything worthwhile on drugs because some people like things you don't like?

Do you think your priorities are objectively correct and other people should follow them?
>>
>>26122029
I never grew out of misrepresentation of other people's points because I'd never begun to do it, anon.
>>
>>26122001
>progressive rock
You know this is one of the most psychedelics-fueled genres of all time, right?
>>
>>26121943
Do you think sexual relationships are worthwhile?
>>
>>26122064
Pink Floyd != prog.

Fripp never did drugs.

Zappa never did drugs.

Ian Anderson never did drugs.

Nice try.
>>
>>26122059
Your point is literally "drugs make people like drone, Buddhist texts, and focusing on faces, instead of prog rock, history textbooks, and body language", no?
>>
>>26118506

Watch "Mullholland Drive"

> your brain will literally bend
>>
>>26122084
Okay, and lots of other prominent prog rock musicians did.
>>
>>26122147
Prominent is not the opposite of good, but it's somewhat close.

>>26122094
Hush. Or, in your case, hash.
>>
>>26122224
the mars volta
>>
>>26119071
Those are all chemical delusions, normie.
>>
>>26122224
>Prominent is not the opposite of good, but it's somewhat close.

You don't think King Crimson, Zappa, and Jethro Tull are prominent? Jethro Tull won a Grammy.
>>
>>26122001
>IQ too low watch
>actually likes Norse mythology
Holy shit, that's the worst folklore

End yourself, fedora
>>
>>26122257
The first and last song on FtM are masterpieces, actually, and I have a soft spot for two songs for the third album too already.

But still, whether 'psychedelics' help compose (which I doubt -- it's easy to misattribute), but whether they degenerate taste, which they do. People talk how they've come to enjoy repetitive, lazy electronic pieces owing to them.

>>26122310
There are degrees of druggie lack of reading comprehension and erroneous assumption, and this post is nadiral.
>>
>>26122372
And an entire generation talked about how they came to love complex, innovative rock pieces owing to them. Have you never heard of the Summer of Love?
>>
>>26122465
>Have you never heard of the Summer of Love?

No.

As far as complexity goes, I'll keep to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmXMy4p5Mto&t=3m18s
thank you.
>>
>>26122579
You really need to explore more of the world. The attitude you have towards drugs could easily apply to most experiences and it shows. I'm gonna go to bed now. It's been good talking to you. You are a very strange person and I disagree with you about almost everything, but this sort of adversity is what makes 4chan great. So I'm still happy that you came into this thread, I guess. And you have good taste in music.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 500x510px
>>26122668
Thank you. Cheers.

Also it's not psychedelic, it's experimental!
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.