[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am not good at anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1453757365841.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453757365841.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>literally suck shit at everything
>if I try hard to get good I only end up mediocre
>getting to be at the age where people just tell you to stop trying new things
>I want to fucking kill myself

Anyone else here the same way?
>>
>>26112981
Have a pity (You)
>>
>>26112981
The only way to get good at anything is by losing.
For example, you won't git gud at Street Fighter unless you lose for thousands for hours to people who are better than you.
You also have to be determined to fix your mistakes and keep playing against better or equal skill people.

Just don't give up, anon.
>>
>Shit at maths
>Shit at Science
>Shit at art
>Best in school at Music
>Decide I want to do music
>Get my shit together and go to college to study music
>Realise I'm shit at music, I was just less shit than everybody around me
What's even the point dude
>>
File: 1078894-paladin.jpg (32KB, 489x640px) Image search: [Google]
1078894-paladin.jpg
32KB, 489x640px
>>26112981
Here's a secret. Listen closely. Are you listening? Because no one here will tell you this, ever. Here it comes:

Natural talent is worth only half as much as determination.

Shazam! I know you won't believe me at first, but I assure you that it's true. Talent will make things easier, but the ability to focus on something and *stay* focused on it, come hell or high water, is so rare that those who can do it eventually become huge and larger than life. People born with lots of natural talent or who won the genetic lottety often sink into obscurity because they've never had to work for anything. If you are willing to grimly buckle down and make sacrifices to pursue your goals, you will keep going during the hard times when those with talent who have never had to struggle will fall by the wayside.

There you have it. The secret of life. Use it wisely, robotfriend. Or continue to mope and feel sorry for yourself and die empty and unfulfilled. Your choice.
>>
I'm the same way OP. I just also don't want to do anything. Nothing but shitposting interests me.
>>
>>26113379
>alent will make things easier, but the ability to focus on something and *stay* focused on it, come hell or high water, is so rare that those who can do it eventually become huge and larger than life.

But what if you're not naturally determined?

Determination is just another talent.
>>
>>26113169
I've played league of legends for 5 years, watched vods, watched my replays, tried to learn other roles. I am still silver 4, a shit rank for those who don't play.

Every sport I've done I've been shit at. I can't focus in school. All I do these days are get high and wish a car would hit me on the way home from my wagecuck job.
>>
>>26113468
How does the ladder system work in League?
That game is honestly pretty casual so it might've just been matching you with low tier players.
'Cause I know for a fact if you get stomped by people who are better than you long enough, you will learn to adapt and drop bad habits
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (126KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
126KB, 384x480px
>>26113443
No, it's not. "Determination" is the Will to Power, and every single person possesses the capacity to manifest it. The Will to Power comes from having the courage to put aside all external moral guides, all authority, all judgements except your own. It means being brave enough to step into the nihilist void and trust that you can build wings as you fall to reach the far side.

To become determined, you simply make the existential decision to do so. If you aren't the person you want to be, then you just need to start making the decisions that the person you want to be would make. In time, you will *become* that person.

You can do it right now, robotfriend. Sitting right in that chair. Make the decision that no matter what pain or sacrifice or failure or humiliation lies ahead, you will pursue your goal unto death. In that moment you will manifest the Overman, the eternal and divine spark inside you, and your vision -- if your Will is strong enough -- will *force* the world to conform to your desires.
>>
>>26113545
>adds a picture of a philosopher
>thinks it makes him sound smarter

I hate you.

If everyone could have been determined, there would be no fatties or junkies. Some people are just too weak, stupid, or diseased to be.
>>
>>26113545
Finally some non normalfag advice.

Thank you anon. I will put what you said to good use.
>>
>>26113545
what are you doing with your life? are you successful? happy? do you like struggling like an ant under a magnifying glass? just let the rays burn you. there's a million more people just like you.
>>
>>26113651
Not him, but wouldn't that just give you more motivation?
>>
File: Mayday.jpg (80KB, 321x355px) Image search: [Google]
Mayday.jpg
80KB, 321x355px
>>26113604
Well then, go to your obscurity. It's your choice. See, that's *why* determination is so much more valuable than talent; so few people have the courage to manifest it that those who do stand head and shoulders above the crowd. If you want to be one of the vast, unmotivated herd and life a small, unimportant life without challenge, you can have it. It's literally effortless.

>>26113625
If you learned anything, it's because you already understood it. All I can do is give you permission to acknowledge your own inner dialogue, since a person who really doesn't understand won't have the capacity to grasp it. Sometimes we just need to hear our inside voice spoken by someone else to validate them. Good luck, robotfriend. Return with your shield, or on it.

>>26113651
Depends what you mean by successful. Am I financially successful? No. But then, I've never wanted to be. Nor has happiness ever been overly important to me. I pursued something very different with my life, and I'm living it as we speak. I'm widely-recognized in my chosen field. And while I am not well-loved, even those who hate me respect my abilities and fear what I'm capable of. That's all I've ever wanted out of life and I have it.

Pic related: me in action.
>>
>>26113379
I've printed this and am hanging it on my wall above my desk.
Thank you very, very much. I needed this.
I'm not OP btw
>>
>>26113722
>he believes he has a choice
>he think free will exists

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET THE FUCK OUT STUPID NORMIE
>>
>>26113709
how would knowing that there are people that you could literally just swap me out with and life would go on the same make me more motivated? there's no redeeming qualities that I possess that make my life valuable. I might just join the Army/Navy and get wasted over seas. At least some people would call me a patriot or something.
>>
File: !!!AntiBuddha.png (155KB, 1517x892px) Image search: [Google]
!!!AntiBuddha.png
155KB, 1517x892px
>>26113762
Hello, Anti-Buddha. Taken your meds yet?
>>
>>26112981
Don't worry op she still loves u also ur only good at what u don't like so find it and chase it
>>
>>26113722
you sound like a huge faggot desu
>>
>>26113258
Even if you were good at music what exactly did you think was gonna happen. Study computers or something and just work harder than everybody else. Or go work at McShits and die if you're stupid
>>
>>26113379
I get it now
this struggle is a blessing
>>
>>26113722
honestly good on you for doing what you want. but i want to be loved not feared. ur a faggot
>>
>>26112981
>>I want to fucking kill myself
You'll probably suck shit at that, too.
>>
>>26113792
So what? The whole point of what I've been explaining is that the key to success is not caring what others think of you. You need to have the courage to follow your genius no matter where it leads you, and no matter what others say or think or do. If you think I sound like "a huge faggot," then feel free not to be me. Try being you, instead.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain

>>26113828
It really is. The reason we invite problems into our life is because every problem has a gift for you in its hands if you have the patience and cleverness to see it. The greatest people who have ever lived have almost all had some terrible tragedy or disability in their lives. It was these very challenges which heated and tempered and forged them into a unique shape.

> Last eve I passed beside a blacksmith's door
> And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
> When looking in, I saw upon the floor,
> Old hammers worn with beating years of time.
> "How many anvils have you had," said I,
> "To wear and batter these hammers so?"
> "Just one," said he; then with a twinkling eye,
> "The anvil wears the hammers out, you know."
> -- John Clifford
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.