[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 25 years old and still watch pro wrestling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 20

File: sheamus_new.jpg (39KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
sheamus_new.jpg
39KB, 642x722px
>tfw 25 years old and still watch pro wrestling
>>
I still remember Chris Benoit.I fucking loved that guy.

https://youtu.be/vB4eWOTquCQ
>>
>>26109154
>being any age and not watching wrestling
>ISHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>26109154
My friends dad is in his mid 50s and still watches it too anon. Don't feel bad.
>>
Me too, OP. It's alright as long as you don't take it particularly seriously. We're just adults watching TV.
>>
You know wrestling is fake, right?
>>
>>26109154
Watch what you want, man. No shame in it.
>>
20 years old and avid watcher here.
>tfw no buddies to watch Raw with
>>
>>26109154
The Amazing Atheist is in his 30's and isn't ashamed of it. Personally I don't see the appeal when you can clearly see punches and kicks not even connecting half the time.
>>
File: jPaXTzZ8.jpg (88KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
jPaXTzZ8.jpg
88KB, 600x398px
THEY DONT WANT NONE
>>
Do whatever makes you happy.

I'm 26 and I still read One Piece. I grew up with it, I'm not going to stop reading it just because I reached a certain age.
>>
File: dean ambrose.png (620KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
dean ambrose.png
620KB, 660x400px
If possible I will watch it until the end of my days with a pride smile on my face and a fist into the face of any little nerd who tryna tell me it's not good or whatever. Pro-wrestling is the basis for a society of men, and not the effeminate "depressed/anxious" proto-girls we have as males nowadays. You get to watch strong men with solid senses of morals fighting for good to rule upon evil, represented by the Heel characters, the villainous figures that get beaten at the final moment, so that the children at the audience see that a man's duty in life is to channel his strength and efforts into spreading good on the world, being it by beating up a half-naked bloke or not.

Pro-wrestling is an essential part of the western society.

also fuck communism, kill all muslims and make america great again
>>
File: 4863 - edge grin wwe.png (179KB, 421x315px) Image search: [Google]
4863 - edge grin wwe.png
179KB, 421x315px
who /edgehead/ here?
>>
Am 23 and I still play yugioh. Wrestling was entertaining when I first got into it.

Which one do you prefer WWE, Raw, TNA, Lucha?
>>
Lucha Underground is the only acceptable wrestling show
>>
>>26109154

I can't get into today's product.
> WW"E"
> "sports entertainers"
> everything is scripted for them, even taking a shit
> not enough fatasses like Yokozuna
> not enough muscle heads like Scott Steiner and the Road Warriors
> not enough domination, too much showboating and pretty boy shit
> social media and storylines announced more than moves
> sterile, overproduced shows with kids wearing bright colored Cena stuff.
> promo segments take up most of the show
> no clear cut super stars like the Rock, Austin, Hogan or Savage
> smart marks have too much say in the direction of the shows - assholes take over the show with their chants in some cities

I just watch old videos. I was mostly a TV fan in the 80s and 90s, so I missed most of the PPV material. There is enough on Youtube to keep me occupied for years.
>>
File: Kane.jpg (55KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Kane.jpg
55KB, 600x399px
>yfw you can't wait for Kane to retire, but you're dreading it at the same time because he was a large force in your childhood.
>>
>>26109570
Just relegate him to corporate Kane again. He's great in that role
>>
>>26109357
I used to hate him but he was literally the Chad of WWE. I also think that WWE is the same as Dragon Ball Z - it's only entertaining in early - mid teens, after that it becomes too awkward to watch.
>>
>>26109263
Shit nigger me too
>>
>Not watching NJPW
>>
>>26109244
ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT
>>
>>26109244
>You know "Lost" is not a reality show like Survivor, right?
>>
>>26109271
There's more too it. Punches and kicks are hard to make look good and not hurt the other person. It's best watched as a performance not an actual sport
>>
File: MenacingWildHalcyon.webm (1007KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MenacingWildHalcyon.webm
1007KB, 1280x720px
Who SWAG here?
>>
File: 1389375222417.jpg (40KB, 2000x1911px) Image search: [Google]
1389375222417.jpg
40KB, 2000x1911px
>approaching 40
>still watches the fed just because a lifer, not because the current product is any good
>>
I only watch truly fake wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4MOG598-4&list=PL-IjBJh27ULCgtaXnZ3WseMAajdD89Hh9&index=23
>>
File: 1437667144673.jpg (26KB, 478x431px) Image search: [Google]
1437667144673.jpg
26KB, 478x431px
I wish there was a more consistent weekly show that could compete with WWE. ROH is kinda eh, lucha underground and TNA I cant really get into. New Japan is awesome but with a lot of talent out on injury/taken by WWE I'm worried about how it'll be in the future. Hopefully they build up Shibata or something and Ibushi comes out of his injury soon. With both Ibushi and Kenny Omega in the main event picture its going to be fucking amazing.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 592x1011px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 592x1011px
> tfw 41
> potted-plantbrose

Watch all the shows every week as its one of the few shows that are always new, granted some parts of the shows are recaps. I do not have the network though. I was actually somewhat surprised at Haitch getting the belt at RR.

People who appreciate performance art should be somewhat impressed by wrestling in general because, even with creative editing and planned spots, the performers still need to perform the actions and hopefully make them look believable. There's also the delicate balancing act of having wrestlers lose while not looking weak.

So mr 24 yr old, the only thing I can say is that i am sorry you were born in an era where wrestling is viewed as a male soap opera, because when this was starting to get big with the then wwf competing with wcw in the late 90's there was more talking than actual wrestling. But as someone who has watched and gone to wrestling shows from the age of 4 I could tell you that the wrestling is more dynamic today than it was then, but you've missed out on my favorite move which was common place - the pile diver. But you got the power bomb and tables in its place. We lost the blood matches but got ladders. In fact all matches were blood matches back in Hawaii. Kevin Sullivan, bruiser Brody, super fly jimmy snuka, the rocks dad rocky Johnson, high chief peter maivia, the wild samoans, king tonga, even the Von erics, flair, Andre, and King Kong bundy were all wrestlers I saw as a youth in the 80s. And they all bled... Chairs all the time, fighting in the crowd, barriers were the old school railings.

In the end its fun and there's always re-watch value for matches that might actually be good.
>>
File: 1281646179920.jpg (117KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1281646179920.jpg
117KB, 400x400px
what really annoys me is that the current crop of boys can actually wrestle a good match, but the story lines suck so bad it ruins everything

back in the day Austin could only throw 100 punches and kicks and no one gave a shit cuz the story was so good
>>
I think edge was awesome

And of course in the 90s the nwo

Today the wrestlers are kinda boring tbqh
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 1024x681px
>>26109872

We had nwa, awa, wccw, the Hawaii promotion, on tv all the time. All the famous guys, the funk brothers, Harley race, etc were on those shows, with very little promos.

Ultimately the fed has ruined the diversity of wrestling, but as I said the matches themselves are sometimes still fun to watch, and a good wrestling match transcends space and time...
>>
I watched an episode of Raw recently just cause and nearly all the superstars were so boring. Reigns seems like a terrible 'face of the company.'

The only mildly entertaining ones were the New Day, and that's pretty bad considering they're supposed to be heels.
>>
>>26110327
you gotta see Dean Ambrose in full effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aPcsHzu5NI
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1280x768px
>>26110327
Try their NXT product, there's less jibber jabber and more wrestling. The only thing being this is the developmental wrestlers.

Btw

> new day rocks
>>
>>26110743
>> new day rocks
WADDUP WITH THIS GREENTEXT? ARE YOU DOUBTING THE POWER OF THE UNICORN?

tfw New Day made me believe in acquired taste
>>
>mfw the rock appeared on raw last episode

I thought it'd be shit seeing them bring out old stars for a ratings boost ala Jericho. He still got it tho :')
>>
>>26109288
My fucking blanco. I too love One Piece.

Anyways as far as wrestling goes, the "Attitude" era was probably the best. At least in my mind. I understand why they moved away from that though.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 720x718px
>>26110864
Llama penis activate!
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 543x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 543x361px
>>26110987
Don't get me wrong here. I love the old guys, but ultimately I feel that this old blood is holding the promotion back. I've seen enough,of rock Jericho flair etc. (sadly even Kane) UT, even bork. Even jerry said it that "if it didn't happen in the wwe it doesn't matter". Well kind of exactly, so if the wrestler is like mid 20s that's ok because that character can evolve, but trying to re enlist old stars to get some cheap pop from the marks and smarks is just a ploy.

Take this guy stylez, he's about 10 years late. Look at KO, right on time (although 31) We needed Seth, we need some of the guys at nxt (Corbin definitely, the American alphas, And even some of the *gulp* ladies like nia jax) basically we need the new blood.

Agree?
>>
File: 1452716252550.jpg (82KB, 488x717px) Image search: [Google]
1452716252550.jpg
82KB, 488x717px
I'm happy that WWE is getting good again. The addition of AJ Styles is incredible, the IC scene is awesome ... but Roman is a fuck and tag team scene is terrible.
>>
>>26111198
Agreed, new blood is needed. But styles is new to the company, brock is cool in short bursts and an insane performer, and rocky always gets a pop. Using these guys to further the newcomers like the wyatts and finn balor (pls against undertaker at wrestlemania) is a good strategy, and I can't see them staying til hey're flairs age.

New age is in need of a push, but push the right stars, not reigns, rollins, and dare I say it cesaro. They just lack the mic work and personality.
>>
File: SON.jpg (56KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
SON.jpg
56KB, 1050x591px
>mfw lucha underground is back
Nakamura is coming to WWE soon too it's such a good time to be a wrasslin' fan
>>
>>26112330
>Rollins
>lacks mic work

Dude is great on the mic.
>>
>>26112402
Yeah agreed, I meant more of the personality. Dude has this niggly little pest vibe to him. Reminds me of the miz tbqh.
>>
>stopped watching wrestling after seeing hulk hogan eliminate andre the giant over the top rope with a flying leg drop at wrestlemania 3
>watched the rumble
>had no idea who most of the guys were
>it was supposed to be a big deal that some guy was number 1
>only cared about jericho and triple h

Wrestling is probably better now, but i don't get it. Where are the barbers and accountants and morticians? In my day wrestlers were regular joes who fought in the ring of their days off.
>>
I'm sad we won't see Da' Maniac on IASIP anymore
>>
Eddie Guerrero will always be my favorte, shame he passed on
>>
File: Shiggydiggy.png (103KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggydiggy.png
103KB, 500x336px
>>26109211
Do you even shiggydiggy?
>>
>>26112452
>after seeing hulk hogan eliminate andre the giant over the top rope with a flying leg drop at wrestlemania 3
oh wow, i didn't know people this old browsed this board
>>
>>26109154
My dad watches it so I occasionally watch it
>>
File: tumblr_n71qi8pmUF1tt2jjyo3_500.gif (2MB, 500x234px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n71qi8pmUF1tt2jjyo3_500.gif
2MB, 500x234px
>>26109812
I'm very SWAG, did you enjoy WK 10?
>>
He's whiter than the background, what the fuck
>>
File: billnye.gif (340KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
billnye.gif
340KB, 500x371px
>>26109244
where were you when you found out?
>be me
>watching sheamus wallop cena for the championship title
>roommate walks in
>"you know wrestling isn't real, right?"
>no
>>
Wasn't wrestling threads banned from 4chan entirely recently? Fuck off, you guys are worse than bronies if you caused hiro to literally blacklist your shit off the entire website
>>
>tfw 22 and still playing runescape
>>
>>26115301
hmm no, they were just moved to /asp/
>>
>>26115301
It's not banned it just has a containment board now
>>
I'm 30 and just got back into it last year. I watched from age 8 to when WWF and WCW merged then stopped. Was really into WWF and ECW.

Have a lot of catching up to do, but enjoying it, especially NXT.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.