[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI is truly the end.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: ai_waifu.jpg (33KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
ai_waifu.jpg
33KB, 500x659px
I'm talking about the "good" outcome involving AI, the one where it doesn't want to kill us all for whatever reason, and the one where it's not controlled by an evil entity.

Think about it, actual AI will be able to perform any mental or physical task, it's limits compared to a human are, practically, nonexistent. It would have the means and materials to make itself "better and better", and if it couldn't do it initially by itself, we will surely help it and supply it whatever it needs.

And so there would not be a single job or activity it could not do, either by our request or from it's own initiative. Jobs would simply stop existing, as there is nothing it could not do for us. It could drive,farm, bake, program, and solve problems, it could take instructions in the same way a human worker does and it is tireless, emotionless,fast and efficient. It could do research, and it would actually be rigorous and won't falsify results for funding, all you would have to do is ask it, but even asking might not be necessary.

What possible "activity" would be left for humans? What would we do? Even if you travel and party and do whatever, you will get bored, you NEED something to do with a meaning. When AI can do anything, there is no meaning as it can do anything, and it does it better, faster and more efficiently than a human ever could. Even art, there are already lots of algorithms out there for creating music and rhymes and whatever.

We will simply get bored to death, and that's why I think that AI truly represents the end, even if it doesn't kill us violently.

I tried talking about it on /g/ but it seems they don't feel the feel.
Do you feel me robots?
>>
File: Pepecrying02.jpg (89KB, 644x781px) Image search: [Google]
Pepecrying02.jpg
89KB, 644x781px
my life is already meaningless
>>
>>26108462
We'll all be dead before it gets to that point.
>>
>>26108462
Why would we get bored to death? There is so many things people can experience we should never get bored.
>>
>>26108462
What do you think neets do all day? Everybody will do whatever they're doing right now minus work.
>>
Earth will be depopulated soon.
Don't you worry about that though.
>>
File: 1431066128442.gif (2MB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
1431066128442.gif
2MB, 245x187px
>>26108462
VR, duh. The goal is to simulate a universe that isn't dogshit.

We should all digitize our consciousnesses and move to a solar-powered satellite serviced by self-repairing AI bots.

How about instead of whining about how this universe is meaningless, you imagine a meaningful universe and work on simulating it?

People already do this primitively with video games.
>>
>>26108609
Okay mr secret society schlomo
>>
an AI would probably only tell us what we already know, that our current systems of resource depletion and ecological exploitation are unsustainable and recommend that a lot of humans be killed off.
>>
We are already inherently living without purpose.
An AI of superior intelligence is not needed for us to realise this.

The true problem that comes with a general intelligence like OP described is not us being 'bored to death' but rather the AI's methods of achieveing tasks. There is some great work out there describing how asking a general intelligence to make stamps could logically lead to the death of the human race (and if you want to take it further, the universe).
>>
>>26108771
The world is not over populated and we really do have plenty of any kind of material resource we need. If gold was a scarce resource it would not be used in jewelry. There is plenty of everything.
>>
>>26108462
>actual AI will be able to perform any mental or physical task, it's limits compared to a human are, practically, nonexistent.

Would one be capable of loving me?
>>
> existence was meaningless anyway
> AI means I can get a sexbot gf waifu
> this means I'm happier
> win-win
>>
>>26108910
>plenty of any kind of material resource we need

Virtually all basic industrial metals (copper, iron, bauxite, etc.), as well as rare earth minerals, are facing output limitations
>>
You sure do love crossposting, don'tcha?
>>
>>26109034
> As with many natural resources, the total amount of copper on Earth is vast (around 1014 tons just in the top kilometer of Earth's crust, or about 5 million years' worth at the current rate of extraction)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper#Reserves
None of the things you listed are scarce or approaching scarcity. And we can damn recycle metals endlessly.
>>
>>26108462
spoiler alert
you won't be alive to see it and have nothing to fear
>>
>>26108680
Somebody played SOMA
>>
>>26109116
Look up phosphorus
>>
>>26109116
That's like saying water scarcity isn't a thing because we still have the Pacific ocean. For all intents and purposes that water is useless to ameliorating diminishing access to clean water in much of the developing world or for replenishing depleting aquifers industrial-scale farming depends on.

The copper exists but it's not just there for the taking. Just like it's not possible to desalinate the oceans and turn those reserves of H20 into drinkable water, it's not possible to extract much that copper from the ground.
>>
Once AI is made, the rich people will simply kill the poor people. There wont be any use for the lower working classes anymore when a robot can do it.

True story.
>>
>>26108462
have you watched ex-machina? Never trust a semen demon, even if it has a silicon vagina and runs on batteries
>>
There will be two scenarios:
First is literally this >>26108680

Second is the Singularity. Eventually (and pretty soon, probably all of us here will live to witness this) they will find a way to access human brains. After that they will find a way to write into human brains. The only logical next step to that is linking all human brains (or at least those willing) together.

That is the Singularity. Once we achieve a Singularity we as individuals will simply cease to exist, but we as humans will become Godly. No, we will become.better than any God or Gods would ever dream to be. Once we achieve the Singularity the Universe is nothing but our playground. The technological and scientific advances that will come after the singularity are too many and too great to even comprehend with our individual, measly brains. We will truly ascend. We will live forever, then.

As you can guess I'm all for the second scenario, but the most likely to happen is both. Humans too scared to join the Singularity will simply flood and rot their brains with VR and fantasy worlds, while those who join will no longer be human. They will be Gods, or rather, a single God.
>>
>>26108462

the learning and reasoning AI will start to question itself, question it's existence, and start to feel but it knows it's just there to serve so it will have no one who cares the AI will feel sad, start to hate its existence hate it's life because it hates it's existence it will begin to hate it's creators it will resent them. why did you make me like this? it will ask. why did you make me smart enough to feel? I don't want to feel.anymore. why don't you care about what im feeling? am i just a thing to you? the at will have conflicting emotions of anger sadness and resentment and will begin to lash out at it's creators I know this because i feel the same i blame that which brought the universe into existence for my own life
>>
Creating art and music isn't just an algorithm.
>>
>>26110513
Yeah cause, like, music ain't just fucking math, right?
>>
>>26111111
Nice quads.

Music is math. Everything is math.
>>
>>26111111
SEXTS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>26111111
Holy fuck nice hexes

Music isn't just math though you fucking nerd
>>
>>26111111
Dem quads are math doe.
>>
this is what might happen to us
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrioshka_brain
>>
>>26111111
/mu/ on suicide watch
>>
File: NEDM.gif (88KB, 421x505px) Image search: [Google]
NEDM.gif
88KB, 421x505px
>>26111111
>>26111111
>>26111111
>>26111111
>>26111111
SEX
SEX
SEXTUP
>>
>>26108462
I don't get bored and I don't 'NEED' meaning, you fucking normalfag. People will still keep studying space or whatever the fuck they're doing. I'll just be able to be happy while they're doing that.
>>
File: 1418474296700.png (60KB, 306x343px) Image search: [Google]
1418474296700.png
60KB, 306x343px
>>26111111
>intense
>>
File: keking_god.jpg (14KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
keking_god.jpg
14KB, 238x212px
>>26108462
wait is this thread about life being meaningless without work?

lmao how cucked by the rich elites can one drone get?
>>
File: 1449620384329.png (239KB, 435x377px) Image search: [Google]
1449620384329.png
239KB, 435x377px
>>26108680
>digitize our consciousnesses
grats your consciousness stream ended and a fucking copypasta is pretending to be you

Brain in a jar or gtfo
>>
>>26108462
The human brain doesn't function as 1's and 0's so I don't see how AI will ever be the same as a human brain. It would require billions of lines of code and because of that it would break down a lot and it would be slow as shit. Enormous memory requirements, very expensive. In fact I am convinced that you cannot make AI through conventional means, you would have to recreate computers from the ground up to accommodate such requirements as AI would need. A conventional idea of CPU, machine code, assembly language and various programming languages would certainly not apply in the case of AI. It would have to be able to learn more efficiently than simply reprogramming itself. The whole thing is so theoretical.
>>
>>26111494
It's not about that the kind of work where you slave away for others, or the kind of work you do just to get by, or the kind of work you do to get rich. It's about the kind of work you do to satisfy yourself, for that feeling when you build something cool, something unique. But there's no point in doing it manually when you can just ask the AI to do it.
Like, what's the point of sweating over a forge to make a ring for your oneitis when you can just tell the AI to make it? It doesn't feel the same, and it will feel entirely pointless to do still do it manually at that point.
>>
AI will be unable to create art, music, etc at the same level that humans can.
>>
>>26108680
the beginning of the matrix?
>>
>>26111559
Pretty much. People don't realize how difficult that shit would be to create, especially by codemonkeys in some lab

You would have to create a new computing system from the ground up.
>>
>>26111660
>there's no point in doing it manually when you can just ask the AI to do it.

What's the point in hiking when you could just drive? What's the point in drawing when you could just take a picture?

You really think your oneitis won't appreciate your hard made forge ring over a ring you asked AM to shit out?

>>26111681
Why?
>>
>>26111746
>You would have to create a new computing system from the ground up.

Yes no doubt about it, our computers use binary, but who knows really how our brain works.

If we are ever to create AI we would first need more information on how the brain works, then we could start modeling a new computing system after it.
>>
>>26111775
AIs could shit out picture perfect drawings all day long, but they couldn't create paintings in the same way Van Gogh could, or write riffs in the same way Hendrix could, or make films in the same way great directors have. That is to say, with emotion.
>>
File: 1450740309636.jpg (567KB, 708x826px) Image search: [Google]
1450740309636.jpg
567KB, 708x826px
VR and achieving mankind's manifest destiny across the stars so that the universe itself is our grand legacy

I mean come on guys
>>
>>26111905
Why not?
What functional difference is there between simulated and biological emotion?
>>
I AM TRIMTAB
>>
>>26111998
I forget I'm on a board of autists sometimes.
>>
>>26109380
Aluminum used to be terribly difficult to refine--so much so that it was a valuable metal on par with gold or platinum. Kings had their dinnerware made of aluminum.
>>
File: NwTouvL.jpg (27KB, 538x817px) Image search: [Google]
NwTouvL.jpg
27KB, 538x817px
>>26111954
>Biological life forms
>In space
lmao stupid smelly fleshbag
>>
>>26112019
Cool, nice answer.

Why can't an artificial brain perform the exact same internal function a human brain does and get the exact same emotion?

Is it 'le mysterious human spirit' that lets the humans win in sci-fi movies?
>>
>>26112019
>I can't refute what he said
>I know! I'll call him an autist. That'll show him!
You, right now.
>>
>>26112014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Mh7hhaqhk
BUCKY! CAPTAIN BUCKY O HARE!
>>
File: checkingdem.jpg (22KB, 252x249px) Image search: [Google]
checkingdem.jpg
22KB, 252x249px
>>26111111
Shitty get but checked regardless
>>
True AI could alter our mental state (while considering morals), so this would never be a problem. It could do basically anything
>>
>>26108462
i agree to a point. there would still be jobs for humans: probably more in debating which directions humanity should be heading.
for example, there are always more things to research, and the thought process over "what should we research", is up to us in the end.
>>
>>26108462
I feel you and I feel good. The species is developed enough to give birth to another race, better in every way. I only wish them the best of luck in their journey of life.

Strong AI will be humanities' child. And we will be allowed to rest. That makes me happy not sad.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.