[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OKay so I am looking to join the airforce but i have had a history

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: airforce.jpg (228KB, 1344x1128px) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
228KB, 1344x1128px
OKay so I am looking to join the airforce but i have had a history of depression, made an attempt on my life, and was put into a mental health hospital for about a week and they gave me medicine to take for it. I took it for about 4 months and then stopped because i felt like I didn't need it anymore. Will this hurt my chances of joining the military? Can I just lie about all of this? What do?
>>
It can hurt your chances, and they will find even if you hide it. Best to just be honest and see where it goes.
>>
>>26094540
>they will find even if you hide it
Not OP, but will they?

If you're not running to lead the fucking brance, is it really worth their time and effort to crawl all the way up your ass and into your past?
>>
>>26094187
They don't need you or even want anything to do with you. Try McDonalds or Wal-Mart, you make more money there.
>>
>>26094187
>>26094187
ever having taken antidepressants in your life is an automatic DQ here
>>
>>26094598
Here where exactly?
>>
>>26094540
>>26094187
And seriously this was exactly me a 1 year ago. When I was 17, I went to hospital because attempt on life and depression, stayed a week, quit taking meds about 3-4 months after. Last year (I was 21) I visited recruiter and was told my hospital stay, medication, and conditions (clinical depression, anxiety disorder) along with my attempt on my life (asphyxiation) put me as a major risk factor for the military. I was told the same by several different recruiters after.
>>
>>26094574
>>26094598
so I'm lying to the meps doctors. if i can prove to do my job well enough, it should be understood that a little teenage angst growing up / being forced to see a psychiatrist shouldn't affect my ability to work.

>>26094593
but I'm not in it for the money anon. it was never about the money4 me
>>
>>26094574
Yes because that kind of shit is a major risk factor for them. They are giving you a deadly weapon and the training to use it well. They don't play around with that shit anymore.
>>
As someone who has went through processing at multiple MEPS. I took medications and had some issues with me that could get a DQ. The only thing they can really check is criminal record.

Medical history is basically what you tell them. (If i remember it correctly)
I didnt tell them anything and processing was good.

If you tell them shit you might regret it. Packets and packets of paperwork. Waviers..Talk with docters etc.

As long as nothing shouts at them that something is wrong with you, you should be fine.

Just dont tell them anything.
>>
>>26094825
Oh dear god please let this be true
>>
>>26094855
Yeah just lie. They will give you a talk at MEPS about how lying is real bad, felony + jail time + dishonorable discharge, etc. The captain or whoever is talking to you will tell you that not lying at MEPS was the greatest thing he/she ever did. Ignore it. NO means New Opportunities, YES means Your Enlistment Stops. So, say "No."

Just lie if this is what you want. Almost everyone does.
>>
Well if you have a history of depression and have been admitted to a mental institution, which the probably will find out about, that puts a pretty big dent in your chances
>>
>>26094701
And? I could teach myself to use that weapon, legally even.

We all know there isn't even such a thing as mental illness, right?

Any nigger who joins the military and murders sandniggers who never bothered him is mentally ill by definition, most of them are just too dumb and controllable to present enough of a threat that they'd ever be diagnosed. Killing under orders is "duty", killing on your own initiative is "mental illness".

Besides, I've heard people on here say that depression and anxiety aren't necessarily disqualifying factors.

My divorced, liberal mommy decided I was "depressed" and had me medicated by snipcocks from the ages of 5 to 14, and then again for a few months when I became a NEET at 20. If this disqualifies me from the most rational career choice, then so be it.
>>
>>26094927
>NO means New Opportunities, YES means Your Enlistment Stops.

This is both incredibly autistic and incredibly enlightening. Thanks brobot.
>>
>>26095114
I don't understand what you mean by this. Sorry I'm autistic.
>>
>>26094933
So they will probably find out since because of this?
>>
>>26094825
What job are you applying for? If it is something with security clearance then they will do an extensive background check. Anyone you list to reference in the check could bring up your history of mental illness and get you kicked out.

Right now I'm applying for a top secret and I almost got disqualified because I had a $100 account in collections that I didn't know about. They do not fucking play.
>>
>>26095521

Of course it is no joke. But did they say anything about your extensive history on robot9001?
>>
>>26095679
I don't think that they can subpoena web requests from your ISP. If you use the computers on their premises, sure, but most of the online search is from social media posts. My check hasn't cleared yet so I could be wrong.
>>
>>26095221
>Admit to being crazy: you're done
>Lie and deny: You're in
>>
>>26094187
It will if you tell them OP. I'm in the USMC, but if you just lie they have no way of truly figuring it out. They do have waivers if you tell them, but just say your happy and able bodied. Don't tell them your allergic to bees if you are either.
>>
>>26094574
They can pretend and scare you, but 9/10 recruiters are too lazy for that shit. Especially chair force recruiters.
>>
>>26095237
Well being checked into a mental institution leaves quite a bit of a paper trail, and if you lie to meps and they find out, that's a federal crime. I wouldn't risk it, but hey, you do you anon

>tfw I joined doing a job with high security clearance, so they pretty much did go up my ass finding everything they possibly could about me
>>
>>26096140
True. Get an MOS with no security clearance OP
>>
Hey OP, I'm the anon from >>26096071

I just saw your thread and thought it was a coincidence I decided to make mine at this point in time. You will not be allowed to join the armed forces if you have attempted suicide before. I made a call and emailed them, both replies were the same. They do not accept anyone with a history of any kind of suicide attempt.
>>
How good do your grades have to be out of high school? I'm 18 and my overall gpa when I graduated was a 2.75 is that good enough or am I fucked?
>>
>>26096292
All you need is the diploma, senpai

>>26096254
Shoulda lied and got a shitty MOS with no security clearance desu
>>
>>26096292
Grades don't factor in at all. You do have to take an aptitude test though, but as long as you're not extraordinarily stupid you should be fine
>>
File: IE_Fortress_of_Solitude.jpg (413KB, 1280x1183px) Image search: [Google]
IE_Fortress_of_Solitude.jpg
413KB, 1280x1183px
>>26095088

Dude, no one cares about your special snowflake rationalizations. This isn't 1950, the military can be and is selective about who they recruit, and you have three red flags.

Why would they take you over someone who doesn't have any of those issues? They simply won't.

You're just going to have to accept that it's not going to happen, and do something else with your life. Maybe work out what you like about the military, and find something similar that also fulfills that desire.
>>
>tfw not depressed but have seen worse shit than most of you suicidefags ever could

plan on joining da marines this winter
>>
>>26096667
What, did you watch Daddy rape your sister or something?
>>
>>26094187
Your barrred mate sucks to cuck. Lieing is felony. Not recommended
>>
>>26096633
Don't talk down to me. Most of this country is the trash that was too stupid to make it in Europe. Once a real war finally starts, none of you will be safe.
>>
File: outatouch.jpg (11KB, 434x404px) Image search: [Google]
outatouch.jpg
11KB, 434x404px
>>26094187
there is no database for mental health. literally all psychiatric hospitals are privately owned because big ron "the don" reagan said "hey fuck all these crazy people lets just throw them on the streets and thus we have the current homelessness epidemic

but yeah just bullshit and u be good famalam
>>
>>26096667
What MOS you wannabe?
>>
>>26094187
Previous AF here, OP.
None of that ever happened. Do you understand?
There is a 0% chance that you will not successfully enlist with this strategy.

Your only hurdle will be to make sure that the contacts on your security clearance application don't fuck it up for you, but even by then you will already have finished basic and become an investment to them.

Do you know what job you are pursuing, OP? I can't offer any more specific advice than otherwise.
>>
>>26096633
I can tell you've never worked for the DoD. You give them too much credit.
>implying they're going to snoop out your medical records.
nigga please I got a TS and they never noticed i had asthma my entire life. I carried an inhaler on duty.
>>
>>26098400
I am looking for any job with security clearance
>>
As someone whose friend couldnt enlist due to a psychotic freakout episode that nearly killed them which he stupidly told his contacts, do not tell them.

You never had severe depressive mental issues. You never claimed to have wanted to kill yourself on FB at the age of 14. Those shrink visits a couple years back? Never happened.
>>
>>26098884
do you want to be a crew chief? Work with planes? Anyways OP, go see a recruiter. The military doesn't look at your medical records OP. Just make sure you don't get depression while in active duty or you will get in trouble. Almost everyone is deceitful to the military processors at MEPS. My recruiter told me to flat out lie to them about anything medical.

Go see and recruiter and be honest with him. He is there to get you into the AF no matter what pretty much.

This is coming from a person who ships to basic on March 29th for my dreaded job as crew chief aka airlift/special mission aircraft maintenance.
>>
go back on your meds dude. just because you feel like you don't need something doesn't mean you don't
>>
>>26096876

You're remarkably cocky for a broken faggot who can't even get enlisted.
>>
Not reading the whole thread, but you most certainly can get away with lying. He through meps and they won't care enough to ask. Make it through training and they won't give a shit at all

*Most important*

They give you several "moments of truth" where its your "last chance" to come clean about shit like this and face no punishment. They give you many opportunities and all of them are lies I promise you.

Good luck.
>>
Lie lie lie lie.

If they find out they will DQ you permanently. Lying is your only shot in

Source: am serving
>>
File: 1379476892042.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1379476892042.png
7KB, 645x773px
Would being a 20 year old college dropout who never had a job hurt my chances?
>>
>>26099272
Not at all. Not even slightly.
>>
>>26099272
Nope not really. Just get in shape beforehand so you have a better chance of making it in.
>>
>>26099341
>>26099406
Finally some hope for my future
>>
>>26094187
I have a degree in economics with a gpa of 2.94. Do I have any chance at becoming an Air Force officer or am I better off trying the Army?
>>
>>26099620
Doesn't matter your GPA to be an officer I believe. You just need a degree. Go be an officer, average pay is 35,000 a year with free rent and food.
>>
>>26094187
Don't lie to the federal government, you idiot. They can lock you up for that.
>>
>>26094540
NO NO NO.

This will disqualify you, don't believe the shit they say about,"we will find out" lie your ass off till you get in.

>>26094187
OP, I suggest you go to /k/, specifically the /meg/, military enlistment general. And ask all your questions there.
>>
>tfw want to be an airforce jet pilot
>tfw would dedicate my life to it and would even do it for free if need be
>tfw it'll never happen because the physical requirements they list on the site disqualify me in 5 different ways
literally end me right now
>>
>>26099710
Which ways?
If its height or eyesight that really sucks but if it's the physical fitness requirements then if you truly want to do it get /fit/
>>
>>26099650
Different anon here, how easy is it to become an officer? I'm 25 and have a bachelor's in journalism(it is no wonder why I'm unemployed almost three years since graduating)
>>
>>26099710
Take solace in the fact that even if you weren't disqualified you probably would have made it ~25% of the way through training anyway.
Pilots are assholes anyway.
>jet pilots
You think there's any real air warfare happening today anyway? You're just dropping bombs on mostly civilians and intimidating the Chinese.
>>
Ok robot listen here you little shit
I got in with a fucking visible cutting scar on my arm, as long as you do not have a DIAGNOSED medical file or criminal record you are fine. Say NO to anything that would DQ you. Play smart be smart. It's okay to lie to get in, it's not okay to lie to get out.

Fake it from the beginning & the drills will reshape you into a fucking man if you can handle it.
once again DENY everything until the end & you will get in easily
>>
File: 1376770357482.png (133KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1376770357482.png
133KB, 300x303px
>>26100394
>You're just dropping bombs on mostly civilians and intimidating the Chinese.
Why is this not an incentive?
>>
Bump

Is there anyone still here who could answer questions about security clearance? I just wanna ask someone anonymous
>>
Talked with a recruiter 2 days ago. If you take prescription drugs(I'm on klonopin) or have ever done certain drugs(I said cocaine) you have no chance. Prescriptions put you on a 2 year chance to try again. If you've ever done hard drugs and admit it you're fucked. I should have lied, o well no chair force for me
>>
>>26101392

what about weed? i had periods of chronic use going from summer of 2009 when I was 16 to September 2014, I have other red flags but that's the main thing I'm worried about obviously. I wanna go for CTI but I wonder if I shouldn't even bother
>>
>>26101423

He said they don't give a fuck about weed, everybody smokes nowadays. Actually said that
>>
>>26101444

hot damn, that's exciting. actually wait you're not talking about TS clearance are you?
>>
>>26101477

Don't know man I just set up an appointment and gave the dude some of my info. He denied me based on drug history. Don't even know what you're talking about
>>
File: 1429811176951.jpg (160KB, 650x451px) Image search: [Google]
1429811176951.jpg
160KB, 650x451px
>>26101392
>actually telling anyone you've done drugs
>>
>>26101538

I assumed if it was in the past it wouldn't be an issue. I was wrong. So yeah lie about everything
>>
>>26101538

>lying and committing a felony
>>
>>26094187

Guess it's a fine line between transparency-trustworthiness, and ability to keep a secret, even one's own.

I hope that if I make it that far, people will keep my secrets with mutual understanding that I would keep there's
>>
>>26101556
they dont telepathically know hes done coke ya fuckin donkus
>>
>>26098996
>My recruiter told me to flat out lie to them about anything medical.
OP Here Are all or most recruiters based like this? Won't they blow the whistle on you if you get in?
>>
why do autists are the only ones trying to get in the military?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.