[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies pretend to like science?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Why do normies pretend to like science?
>>
>Why do normies pretend to like science?
What, and this board is filled with PhD students?
>>
>>26080974
Who don't do obnoxious shit like OP's pic
>>
>>26080974
We don't pretend to like science. I freely admit I'm not into science at all. Label me a dumbo if you must. The reason normies do is it's a personality accessory for them.
>>
>>26080988
No, they only post it with the assumption that they 'truly appreciate science' while those pesky normies don't.
>>
>>26080962
DAE le fucking love fucking science??/ xDDDDDD
>>
>>26081025
Truly, the most reddit of cancers
>>
>>26080974
>implying it isn't filled with PhD students in memeology
>>
Normies enjoy the findings of science. They do not like to perform science. Not that hard to understand.
>>
It's always the most basic facts that get put in pics like that. You could go to any entry level uni class or even college class and have something to make normies go "wow we're amazin riiight!! xdXD"
>>
>>26081181
I learned the fact in OP's image in 7th grade science class.
>>
Meanwhile I get excited when I figure out a biochemical reaction.
Normies pretend to like science because it makes them sound and appear smart. If theyre not in or have a degree in the sciences its probably a facade.
>>
>>26080962
It's the last sentence that triggers me.
>>
>>26080974
>implying this board isn't filled with self-taught neets who have mastered the fields of philosophy and science.
>>
>>26081285
> when I figure out a biochemical reaction.
Wow haha yeah dude my professor explained the induced fit model to me too, so smart!
>>
>>26080962
Because normies are fedoras
>>
You know what normie meme i hate? Nature, why do they watch these nature documentaries that are so fucked up and involve things killing and eating other things and struggling to survive in the harsh landscape, they think nature is beautiful. Watched a documentary about penguin's the other week, a couple penuins straight up murdered another penguin for being in the wrong place, it was horrific.
Nature is beautiful man! Mother earth man!
>>
Disgusting trash tier pop science normies are easily recognizable because they never cite their sources or when they do it's unreliable sources like wikipedia or huffingtonpost. You don't have to have a Ph.D to talk about science but please give me reliable sources god damn it.
>>
>>26081059
They don't even like the findings senpai, they like the news headings. You need to know what the state of knowledge was before the findings to actually get them. Like, which aspects of the findings are novel, etc..
>>
File: 1453945432284.jpg (11KB, 257x159px) Image search: [Google]
1453945432284.jpg
11KB, 257x159px
>want to learn interesting new theary
>get a fatal dose of morphine instead
>>
>>26081526
you seem to know what you're talking about man so i have a question: why do normies love survival games? what's so attractive with lighting fires and gathering berries and stuff on the pc?
>>
>>26081736
Is this a new meme? Oh boy,oh boy, oh boy! I sure love new memes!
>>
File: CyanideHappinessExplosmScience.png (63KB, 720x585px) Image search: [Google]
CyanideHappinessExplosmScience.png
63KB, 720x585px
this is how normies behave when they talk about science
>>
>>26081488
You didn't get what I was saying, do you? Of course not because you're some edgy kid on the internet. I'm in school trying to learn this shit.
>>
>>26080962
depends on what you mean by "pretend to like science". You mean they aren't going hard into the textbooks and becoming a human encyclopedia, or rather the deeper connectedness that comes with understanding all that is from a scientific perspective?
>>26081059
I agree with this
>>26081476
kek
>>26081285
so to you, truly liking science is being inspired by what you learn kind of deal? Like, you get inspired and excited by learning more about your desired topic?
>>
>>26081526
>NATUR SO VIOLENT I R SCARED NO UNDERSTAND, ME HUG TEDDY MAKE BADS GO AWAY
>>
>>26080962
>Why do normies pretend to like science?
To get laid obviously.
it's retarded though
>>
>>26080962

What really annoys me about this image is the phrase "I love science". I mean, the image states a basic fact. Its like saying "apples grow on trees" and calling it science. It's just a fact.

Science is just a method of investigation, its not a word for "a fact".
>>
>>26081789
So you're not even an undergrad? You're in fucking highschool? Jesus kid, reel it in until you learn some actual science.
>>
>>26081743
It tricks them into thinking they'd make great survivalists and it's a medium between competition and non-aggression, so they don't have to look "socially retarded" for getting worked up in game chat or forums.
>>
>>26081789
18+

Blah blah more content jejejeje heuehuehue happy robot?
>>
>>26081786
This comic is 100x more cringey than the stupid picture OP posted. C&H , the gayest unfunny shit on the internet
>>
>>26082581
this is true
fuck xkcd too it was their idea to blox
>>
>>26081025
Did you know from the moment you're born you start to die.

I fucking love science

I wish it would hurry up though..
>>
>>26080962
science is the process by which we evaluate the world around us in a consistent reproduceable manner. If that's not what people on about, then they just enjoying facts.
>>
I don't enjoy science

It is a striking example of mankind's hubris. If it was possible I'd said we need to go back to a pre-industrial lifestyle for the good of humanity.
>>
Lmao this thread is pathetic

It's 100% better for every person in the world to fake appreciation for the sciences and to glorify intelligence rather than the opposite
>>
>>26083051
at least fake*

obviously if 100% fake it, then no one is actually doing anything
>>
>>26081526
It's the opposite desu
>>
>>26081051

I literally did a linguistics study in memes using data from 4chan and Facebook and got the third best grade in the class.
>>
Surely that picture isn't right.

I mean, the cell cycle on average is like 24 hours right?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.