[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else go to a liberal university?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 18

File: memed on.png (29KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
memed on.png
29KB, 600x411px
Anyone else go to a liberal university?
>>
>>26077074

>going to a university

Just go into trade. More money that way
>>
>>26077074
jesus christ anon what school is this
i'm a pretty big libtard myself but god damn this reads like satire
>>
>>26077265
being a normie is required for that shit
>>
>>26077280
WWU. We were in the news recently for trying to change our mascot because it's a viking, apparently having a white person as a mascot isn't ok anymore in any form.
>>
>>26077074
>Womxn
Is this a thing?
>>
File: adam lanzler.jpg (65KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
adam lanzler.jpg
65KB, 397x525px
All universities are liberal

>mfw found a pamphlet promoting the Poli. Sci. program at mine
>the title was "Is Free Speech Really Essential?"
>this is the shit forcefed to the young impressionable idiots in the liberal arts
>>
Pretty much every university is a liberal university at this point. Gone are the days of academic freedom, they're now pretty much SJW indoctrination centres where any dissenting opinion is met with absolute condemnation.
>>
>>26077074
>implying there is such a thing a conservative university in America
>>
>>26077304
So what is your mascot now? A transexual Pig?
>>
>>26077074
Yep. I got an university survey that said at the end of it you will get a 100$ gift card for amazon. Apparently it was about diversity on the campus, ect. Unknowingly, I put in that I was a white male and it instantly kicked me out of the survey and disqualified me.

God bless america. They take all my graduate seats, all my scholarships and now my amazon bux.
>>
Universities and Colleges are literally Liberal conversion centers.
>>
>>26077350
I imagine it will be in due time. They're voting on all that shit now. I try to follow the politics as little as I can, but it's always shoved in my face anyways.
>>
>>26077321
yes, but it's usually "womyn" and it's mostly used to poke fun at the radfems who use(d) it unironically
>>
File: 1453600137763.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
1453600137763.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
>>26077304
>YOU CAN'T HAVE A MINORITY AS A MASCOT, IT OPPRESSES NON-WHITES

>YOU CAN'T HAVE A WHITE PERSON AS A MASCOT IT EXCLUDES NON-WHITES

When will it end?
>>
File: 1349568981433.png (74KB, 292x265px) Image search: [Google]
1349568981433.png
74KB, 292x265px
>>26077390
literally this

>had friend in HS who was always down for a good off-color Hitler Joke, had a lot of third reich paraphernalia in her attic because her grandpa or someone in her family was a legit nazi, didn't like the idea of gay marriage, adamant conservative, AP government and all that shit
>goes to college
>does a complete fucking 180 and returns as the most psychotic SJW white guilt apologist feminist I have ever seen
>regularly write entire fucking essays about how black lives matter on facebook instead of normal status updates
>was super fucking buttblasted when she found out Meghan Trainor wasn't black and called for all her friends to boycott her music because MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
>>
>>26077074
I go to WWU too.My nigger. Post contact info. I'm a senior.
>>
>>26077074
>that seminar

What does being "womxn of color" have to do with climate change? It sounds like a great seminar until they started excluding whites and men for no real reason and blame racism for climate change.
>>
>>26077454

It's womxn now because they have X chromosomes not Y chromosomes.
>>
Were the christian family-values crusaders "liberals" when they were trying to to censor everything from 1980-2000? These obnoxious SJWs aren't liberal They're the exact same sort of narcissistic control freak personalities who would have rallied with the Moral Majority, just with a different set of taboos.
>>
>>26077630
I guess racism creates toxic carbon in the air.
>>
>>26077652
So are we Myn?
>>
>>26077652
>implying women can't have Y chromosomes
what a bunch of transphobic shitlords :^)
>>
>>26077686

No, we're just men. They change was originally to "censor" the word 'men' from the word 'women'. Essentially it's saying that women aren't defined by men.
>>
>>26077324
holy shit
i'm afraid of going back to college and encountering this. college used to be a place of free speech, but not anymore
>>
>>26077593
Right on man. What's your major? I'm a senior in computer science.

I would but 2bh m8 I rarely talk to people and would probably just slowly drift away. Most of my time is spent working on personal projects, no offense I'm sure you're probably pretty cool, I'm just kind of a hermit.
>>
>>26077593
>>26077704

Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to find /r9k/ browsers irl? Grab a beer fags
>>
>>26077332
i go to one of the more conservative universities its a bitch being surrounded by hicks and rich white normies constantly
>>
>>26077704
genetically, women can have y chromosomes without being trans
>>
File: mistakeowl.png (289KB, 335x383px) Image search: [Google]
mistakeowl.png
289KB, 335x383px
>tfw attending a University of California
>tfw in social sciences
>>
>>26078403
yeah yeah i know about intersexuality
i just thought it was funny since trans stuff is the only hot-button issue that this trainwreck of a seminar doesn't mention
>>
Op i'md rrunk as fuck right now but i'll try to typ ehtis coherwently.

i go to a shitty community college (like it's actually a really good one lmao) and i have this fucking professor in my anthropology class who devoted a good 75% of the first few lectures to talking about how much he hated religious people nad republiucans. the guy saids "fuck" every few setnences and constantly plugs his crappy band. he plugged his twitter and instagram at the end of one class period. the guy's fucking ridiculous. i recorded one of his lectures too where he said that they need to send an "{army of thereapists" to the next GOP convention.....

....in anthropologyu
>>
>>26078493

Nobody types like that when they're drunk you virgin
>>
>>26078493
If it makes you feel better, I go to one of the top unis in my state and one of my history professors regularly shills Bernie
>>
>>26078435
UCI reporting in.
End my life please.
>>
>>26078493
how did your typing miraculously get better? you suck at pretending to be drunk faggot
>>
>>26078516
>>26078579

Hey that sometimes happens to me when I'm drunk, I just smash my fingers on the keyboard and hope for the best and I don't feel like deleting shit and rewriting it properly
I still have to rewrite it always since everyone will go
>lmao pretending ot be drunk haha virgin
>>
>>26078516
>>26078579
lmao holy fucking shit you retard it didn't miraculously fucking get better. when i'm like this i just don't check for spelling errors because i DON'T CARE and i typ eincredibly fast nromally anyway. faggot. i don't see how pretending to be druink would add any entertainiment value to my post. it is completely unrelated and i only fucking notified you faggots because i knew my typing owuld be fucke dup and i wouldn't bother to fucking fix it. holy shit.

also i had absolut vodka wthich is vrry verry good and i just got done dancing in the kitchen and eating some froot loops to some old early 00's tunes so FUCK COFF

>>26078537
your history professor needs to fucking die. mine is actually really fucking based and he talksn about how much eh hates political correctness. he's putting together a history of business course that he wants to show me, because i've tabl ed for a conservative organization on campus, and he told me that the heads of the department want to turn it into a women's studies course. like fuckiong really. holy shit.

>>26078615
>Hey that sometimes happens to me when I'm drunk, I just smash my fingers on the keyboard and hope for the best and I don't feel like deleting shit and rewriting it properly
LITERALLY ME PHAM
>>
>>26078645
i believe you are drunk, but i also believe you were exaggerating your drunkness for comic effect
>>
>>26078645
>saying things you think drunk people do

kek gtfo 12 year old
>>
>>26078688
>>26078690
both of you are niggers holy shit i regularly dance int he kitchen when i'm drunk i'm not even kidding. i've been derpressed for a whole fucking year and doign this is literally the only thing that makes me happy.
>>
>>26078718
ok fine bud wow pal stay friendly guy
>>
>>26078743
i'm not ur buddy pal
>>
>>26078718
Don't make this thread about you, drunkard.
>>
>>26077665
"Free speech" is a sham retard. Leftists are bad because they push a repulsive and evil ideology, not because they try to censor the people who disagree. Everyone does that, it's common sense. When the true right seizes power, God willing, degenerate ideology will be banned and degenerate art and literature will be burned.
>>
>tfw we'll never purge the leftists from academia
Does this upset anyone else? It makes me a little depressed just thinking about it.
>>
>>26078786
k "p.h.a.m." i gotchu
>>
>>26078793
>degenerate ideology will be banned and degenerate art and literature will be burned
How exactly would you define degenerate art?
>>
>>26078927
"Anything I don't like"
>>
>>26078984
I have no problem with the term as long as it's adequately defined. If he's going to say, "any art that's abstract or sexual," then it will be essentially meaningless.
>>
>>26079023
but it's really just a meme, and "anything i don't like" is as close as it gets to a concrete definition
>>
>>26078927
Art that leads people away from God.
>>
>>26079068
>just a meme

Can you stop misusing the word "meme" please? And degenerate wasn't invented by /pol/.
>>
File: pimpersnail.jpg (77KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
pimpersnail.jpg
77KB, 750x750px
>>26077331
>>26077074
My university is liberal
We don't even have grades, just professor evaluations that pretty much just means all classes are pass/fail
>>
My uni just got voted the worst for freedom of speech

Anything that might be potentially offensive is banned. Songs, magazines, even food.

Fucking feminism society holds all the power in the union it's ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 774x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 774x672px
>>26079233
Hol up, what Uni is this?
>>
>>26079266
I dare you to look at our clubs if you can navigate the website
>>
>>26079238
What exactly does banned mean in this case?
>>
>>26079238

What university, dude?
>>
>>26079353
University of leeds.

There are raging dyed hair dyke SJWs all over the fucking place here, they rule us.

>>26079314
So, for example Robin Thicke's Blurred Line's song can't be played on campus, The Sun magazine is not sold in any shops now. Because on page 3 there's a woman with her tits oit (but it's on page 3 so who gives a fuck? Just don't open the magazine).

People that want to lead need a thick skin, but our leaders get triggered by everything.
>>
File: letter.jpg (40KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
letter.jpg
40KB, 625x352px
I do. Last semester I didn't go one day without hearing the words "racist," "white privilege," and "feminism" at least ten times. Pic related:
>black freshman lies down for a nap in his room
>door is locked
>he apparently wakes up to find this on his desk
>runs to administrators crying hate crime
>entire school of cucked white guilt libcucks rallies behind him and calls for more black professors to teach at the school
>if you dare to question the legitimacy of this absurd series of events you are shot down as a racist bigot
I'm just here for the great music program, goddamn. Why the fuck do these retards involve politics in everything? There's not enough """""people of color""""" for them in a literature class focused on the 17th century. How many fucking black writers were writing at that time? How many fucking black writers were writing anything worth studying at that time?

I fucking hate this school.
>>
>>26077742
me too, anon.
I've been NEET for a fairly long time since I developed a drug problem when I went away to college, and shit is massively different now.
when I was there there weren't fucking speech codes, and tone policing, and fucking borderline fascist policies in place in the name of tolerance and shit.
fuck, the world has become a very hostile place and I don't think I'll be able to function in it if I ever attempt to reintegrate.
>>
>>26079222
i didn't say anything about /pol/. no one in this thread did.
if it's not just a /pol/ meme, then it's strange that you should bring /pol/ up so apropos of nothing
>>
>>26079388
Sounds almost puritan. It amazes me how femism tries to sell itself as a counterculture move!ent while having so much influence.

>>26079412
The best you could hope for is a sudden paradigm shift in the social sciences. Barring that, we're completely fucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 720x480px
This happened at my school the other day
>>
File: tmp_9335-1453592687600758125078.jpg (51KB, 483x482px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9335-1453592687600758125078.jpg
51KB, 483x482px
>>26079233
Shit, I'd like a system like that. Then I could just ignore my work and say I'm being oppressed due to being a lesbian trapped in a man's body if I fail.
>>
>>26078793
>degenerate art and literature will be burned.
Like Anime/Manga.
>>
>>26077390
I go to university and there's barely anything political. Among the students there's plenty of diversity of opinions, there are tons of regular normalfags in the class sharing nationalist stuff on Facebook and such.
>>
>>26078564
Whats wrong with UCI?
>beautiful campus
>nice weather
>near LA and SD
>literally 70% of the school is qt asian girls
>>
>>26077074
>Thinking your uni is liberal
I go to Goldsmiths in London. We have events like that weekly, gender-neutral toilets, #refugeeswelcome banners outside the gates, trans lecturers, all sorts. By far the most liberal uni in England.
>>
>>26077321

How the fuck are you even supposed to pronounce that?
>>
>>26079641
Omg she's a piece of meat.
So edgy.
So real.
I hate your university.
>>
>>26080239
I'm in a a university in a large leftist city in Sweden and we barely have any of that shit.
Schools that are easier to get into might have more shit like that.
>>
>>26080246
Wom-zen?
>>
>>26080239
What do you expect from the paki/nigger central of England? You're just a step up from Rotherham.
>>
>>26080252
There was also a dude doing the same thing next to her. With speakers blaring dying animal noises. They were blocking the a major walkway in the middle of the afternoon so everyone had to funnel around them. The only thing that gives me comfort is the fact that it's a prestigious school but other than that this place is a libtard wasteland
>>
>>26079292
I go to scf m8

Yik yak is always awful near new college, talking about preferred pronouns and shit
>>
>>26079412
How do you know the door was locked?
Even if the door was locked surely this note could've been slid underneath the door?

Not an SJW but as a black dude in a white Uni, this would've been unnerving as shit to me.
>>
>>26080869
He says the note was placed on his desk. Now, EVEN IF his door wasn't locked, you tell me which scenario is simpler:

>someone typed this out and printed it (most likely on a campus printer, since it's very rural)
>brought it with them to his dorm intending to plant it in his room
>knew he would be sleeping at that exact time
>pulled a Sam Fisher and snuck his way in and out of the room without waking him up or being spotted by anyone in the hallway
>risked his entire education just for a cheap dig

or

>the kid himself types up a note, bullshits a story in two seconds, and plays perpetual victim
>anyone who questions him is a racist
>gets free sympathy from everyone
>>
>>26079641
hey berkfriend
>>
>>26078435
>social sciences

guaranteed liberal extremist cesspool

you brought this upon yourself

at least in non political majors the others dont have a chance to discuss their beliefs in class
>>
>>26080971
Not sure how American unis work but surely someone who lives with him would know when he was sleeping? Would be way easier to sneak in and all that. It's not entirely impossible that it happened the way he said it did.

But I could see the second thing being plausible too, that kind of shit is dumb and doesn't help the cause but its pretty clever if he's just in it for the sympathy.

Anyway, the reason why academia should put more of a focus on studies of things from other cultures is because it's a nice breath of fresh air, not to mention people still think Jesus was white, how much does that say about Eurocentricism?
>>
>>26079412
that note is hella jokes. "black peasant" 8/10 lmao
>>
Leftists are ruining the West and it leaves me with a burning rage every single fucking day
>>
Yes. People have refugees welcome -stickers slapped on their macs everywhere. I haven't made single friend in 3 years because I said something politically incorrect in the first year.
>>
File: 1433965199387.png (884KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433965199387.png
884KB, 800x600px
>go to Bangor University
>Everyone is white
>governor is a neo nazi

livin it up
>>
>>26078403
No they can't. XXY is male.
>>
>>26081138
Academia should let students study whatever the fuck they want because it's a place of scholarly learning and shouldn't have to bend to what you do or do not consider "a breath of fresh air". Also, Jesus was Caucasian. He's more closely related to Europeans than all the people whining about it.
>>
File: robin_hood_shrug.gif (1MB, 296x160px) Image search: [Google]
robin_hood_shrug.gif
1MB, 296x160px
>be foreigner
>go to university
>everyone are gucci with misogynistic and racist jokes as long as they are not complete offence
>females laugh and self-criticize about being women
>gay jokes, trans jokes, other special tumblr jokes are unpopular because of lack of them but everyone still laughs at them if used appropriately
>literally freedom
>mrw someone says "but you don't get cheap tendies and free guns"
>>
>>26077074
Anyone who went to school or college after the 2000s, SPEACIALLY after 2010, went to a libtard college and school. Communists spread around like a bad cancer, they've already taken over universities got quite some time.
>>
>>26081408
What Uni lets you study whatever the fuck you want? You pick a subject and whatever you learn is in their hands. What I'm saying is why learn about Shakespeare (again) when you could open your mind and learn a bit about shit worth learning from other cultures? Uni is all about open mindedness and broad thinking so it makes sense.

Also, Jesus does not look anything how they have portrayed him in history all the way up to pretty much now. I did not say he was black, I said he wasn't white.
>>
>>26081508
You've never met Jesus, anon. People with pale skin exist in the Middle East. Also, I'd prefer to study chiefly Western writing because they have produced more of value. Sorry but Dostoevsky shits all over Chib Chimichanga's thing's fall apart or any of the other dross you people peddle purely because it was spewed forth by a black author.
>>
>>26077652
From what I remember, as some Tumblr landwhale once explained it to me ( Read : regurgitated heer garbage ), it's the same deal as how some christians and jews write G-d, removing the o. Because, yes, believe it or not, the word woman is sacred to them or some kind of bullshit like that.
>>
>>26079641
Remember when those white men told feminists they get raped for not covering like flies being attracted to unwrapped meat?

White men are evil
>>
>>26081684
>remember when white men
You know how niggers are still doing it?
>>
>>26081695
We really need to stop this epidemic of rich, white, men raping minorities
>>
>>26081530
Oh so you are a racist, that's cool then, back to /pol/ etc etc.
>>
>>26081845
>I disagree with you
>oh so you're a racist then
Nice. Name me some decent black literature other than things fall apart and invisible man anon. I guarantee none of it can hold a candle to Dostoevsky, Sartre, Tolstoy, Kafka etc. The reason mainly DWEM is taught in Academia is because their literary accomplishments simply dwarf every other group. Not to mention all the best female authors are white too.
>>
File: 1452471371961.jpg (62KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1452471371961.jpg
62KB, 340x340px
>Choose UCSC blindly
>Mandatory critical race theory class 1st semester
JUST
(also, does anyone know what the least liberal UC is? Considering my transfer options)
>>
>>26082406
I was with you up until you said there's nothing of value in black literature and art which is simply not true.

I agree with you that there probably isn't a piece of work by a black artist that could be held in the same regard as those classics but I'm not close minded enough to believe there could never be or that there is nothing of value in black literature.

That kind of thinking will seep into one's attitude and that's how you become a racist.
>>
>>26077074
>Womxn
I thought the entire point of the x shenanigans was to not make it gendered.
>>
>>26082558
>I agree with you that there probably isn't a piece of work by a black artist that could be held in the same regard as those classics
So why should a University curriculum focus on black authors instead of those classics? Why intentionally limit your scope to inferior works out of some misplaced sense of equality? I never said there could never be anything of value in black literature, I said there is currently nothing in black literature that could hope to match any white classics. You seem more interested in not being racist than you do actually appreciating art or culture, it's sad really. Still waiting for those recommendations by the way.
>>
>>26077386
>not lying in the survey
literally retarded
>>
In my university, there's a lot of a lot of division, social sciences tend to be more liberal while more technical subjects tend to be more conservative, but liberals speak the loudest on campus. Criminal Justice professors are the most based. There is one conservative club out of 10 liberal clubs.

FIU here by the way.
>>
>>26082406
There's plenty of black literature on par with Sartre.
>>
>>26082867
Okay. Are you going to tell me what that literature is so I can read it?
>>
>>26082599
That's my point, I'm not saying take the focus of white people, I'm saying why don't we appreciate what other cultures have done too?

Just because it's not as good doesn't mean it can't be studied otherwise why read 90% of literature if it doesn't match up to the greats?
>>
>>26082969
I have a limited time on Earth. I'm not going to spend too much of it reading sup par literature. I certainly won't shore up student debt to study sub par literature. I'm still willing to try one or two decent black books if you know any, but I'm becoming increasingly sceptical they do. Also, what race are you? I at first assumed you were black but I'm definitely starting to feel you're white.
>>
I'm attending Lib Uni myself (Europoor, so it's paid by the govenment) and apart from one class of intruduction to gender in introduction to sociology course it's been almost without SJW stuff, despite it being quite noticeably leftist enviroment, though the gender class was beyond dreadful.
>>
>>26082993
As I stated in my original reply to you, I'm black.

Fair enough, if you wanna be an 'elitist' or 'classist' that's cool but there is a whole world out there beyond your little bubble of what is 'good' and I'm sure if even you dug deep enough you'd find something you liked.
>>
>>26077397
I graduated from WWU in 2013, someone called me asking for donations and I told her my degree was worthless and the president of the school openly said he wanted Western to be less white, so I'll help him by ensuring less white man's money will go to the school.
>>
>>26083054
I've asked like six times for some recommended black literature and you refuse to give me any, do you even know any?
>>
>>26083122
Doesn't matter tho does it? Any recommendation I give to you is 'inferior' so why read it?

Personally I'm partial to some Derek Walcott poetry, but I'm not well read in black literature so I couldn't recommend you anything there.
>>
>>26083255
>but I'm not well read in black literature
See, I knew this from the beginning and just wanted you to admit it. You're presuming the decency of black literature without having read any. I'm glad we finally got that out of the way so I can go back to masturbating in peace.
>anything recommendation I give is "inferior"
It might be inferior to the greatest writers in the canon but if it's above GRR Martin fantasyshit tier I'd likely give it a read. Not that it matters since we've established you don't actually read any black literature and are just an angsty nigger trying (and failing) to prove a point.
>>
>>26083311
I knew this shit was coming too. Look man, you're a racist and know that this is not coming from the SJW boogyman, this is from one anon to another.

Of course I'm presuming the decency of black literature, it would be idiotic to say an entire race of people have nothing decent to write about.
>>
>>26083411
Invisible Man was decent and Things Fall Apart was fucking trash, I assumed you were some sort of sociology student with a berth of knowledge on black literature and that's why I asked you for some reccs. Yes, I am a racist. So are you. You assume black literature to be decent without having read any at all. I at least acknowledge my racial bias, and hell, despite it I have read and appreciated more black literature than you have. Doesn't that make you feel ashamed or embarrassed? That the evil racist white man has given your people's literature more of a chance than you have?
>>
I go to Boston University. It's very liberal, but not quite pants-on-head-retarded liberal (yet). For the most part, the SJWs are a small and not too vocal minority, so you only really see their bullshit in places like the opinion section of one of the uni. papers, like here:
http://dailyfreepress.com/2016/01/28/burstein/

somebody please say they go to BU and want to be friends. I'm so fucking lonely.
>>
>>26077324
That's a legitimate topic for a poli. sci class though. You're doing the same shit the SJW's do.
>>
>Going to college/University

I'd rather work on a fishing boat than go to one of those shitholes.
>>
>>26083465
Didn't say that all but alright believe what you wanna believe you've already proved you're just a dumb bigot.
>>
>>26083751
>Didn't say that all
>>26083255
>>26083255
>>26083255
> but I'm not well read in black literature
> so I couldn't recommend you anything there
Not only are you an idiot and unaware of you're own racism, you're also delusional. Ha.
>>
>>26083787
Where in any of my posts did I say ALL black literature was valuable?
>>
>>26083685
I work on a fishing boat
coincidentally I'm a high school drop out
the work is shit but I'll tell you one thing, I probably make 10 times more than your average college graduate my age
>>
>>26077324
So, what did they discuss? Or did you do thag same shit you do with your fb and see links like "watch what this panda does next. Its amazing!" and click it?

You gullible fuck you scoffed at the title and ignored probably a debate on the merits and necessity of free speech.
>>
>>26083826
I'm not going to sit down with you and post through post show you what you did and did not say. The matter of the fact is you write off people critical of black literature as bigots and racists but openly admit not having read any black literature yourself. You are deeply biased, factually incorrect and incapable of admitting it. Not that I expect anything less from some uppity sambo.
>>
>>26083840
How can I even land a job on a fishing boat? Do I just hang around docks and talk to the captains or something?
>>
University of Ottawa
- Every building was until recently plastered in "no means no" posters (aka "all men are rapists")
- The student association recently cancelled a yoga class because the instructor was white ("cultural appropriation"), and replaced her with a less experienced Indian woman
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/university-of-ottawa-yoga-class-cancelled-over-concerns-about-oppression-resumes-with-indian-teacher
- Student association attempted to hold an event where white people sit in a corner and contemplate their privilege
http://www.macleans.ca/education/uniandcollege/ottawa-students-tried-to-segregate-whites-from-non-whites/
- A dozen groundless rape/thought-rape scandals where the university immediately sided with the accuser (they also paid her legal fees, in the hockey case)
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/university-of-ottawa-suspends-hockey-team-over-serious-misconduct/article17201525/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/anne-marie-roy-uottawa-student-leader-subject-of-explicit-online-chat-1.2556948
>>
>>26083751
Honestly bro, you're looking pretty bad here. I think it's important to have a cursory knowledge of foreign culture. But "black literature" is just american literature. Foreign knowledge is something that derives from foreign cultures, not from piggybacking on european culture. I'd rather leave that to the europeans. Now if we're talking African writers, not african american, that's definitely more interesting and honestly worth exploring just as much as Asian literature. But as a matter of culture, not as a matter of race. Black americans have the same culture as any other american. English language and european customs.
>>
>>26083948
Good god, Canada...
> subject to explicit online chat
Lel
>>
>>26083948
just tear'em down or graffiti them mate. It's what I used to do
>>
>>26084394
>>26083865

All I'm saying is writing off a whole section of literature is idiotic.

I am not American or white.
>>
>>26080315

>prestigious
>they let retards like that in

: ^ )
>>
>>26080315
i was the one on the ground next to this girl
>>
>>26085480
It's the second beat school in California, and probably the best public university in the country. It just has a radical student body.
>>
>>26077074
I'm a Film and Media studies major.

Black chicks are the most annoying people in my classes. They whine the loudest and try to make their shit sound like slam poetry.

I had an assignment where we had to say how we were represented in film. I said I was almost always the villian and portrayed as a nazi. I look like the bad guy in the new star wars who did a fucking nazi speech with red banners behind him.

I also used the word phalic four times describing Braveheart.

I have a 103% in the class, these liberal yahoo cources are a joke. My actual film classes are harder.
>>
>>26086613
honestly man its not even that radical anymore. this isnt the 50s anymore, savio is dead

also be my friend pls
>>
>>26086768
> also be my friend pls
If I could ever get into a school like that, I totally would.
>>
>>26077331
Not really. I'm taking a libcuck class and despite obviously mocking it in every post I'm scoring highly. These professor's don't actually give a fuck about these things and the chicks who call themselves feminists just do it so they can be sluts and not feel bad about it.
>>
>>26077074
I went to what's probably the most liberal school in the country.

Guess it.
>>
>>26086954
Columbia
Brown
UC Berkeley
>>
>>26086998
Nah, not as well known as those.
>>
My university only have engineering degrees so I don't think so
Depends on what you define for "liberal"
>>
File: 123.png (61KB, 718x835px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
61KB, 718x835px
>tfw in economics

All the teachers are pretty much centrist or centre-right. You'd think that there would be a shit load of politics being discussed in class, but there aren't, especially in the mathematically inclined courses. It's in the electives that I have to take where politics are brought into discussions that shouldn't even occur. I took a philosophy of law course and on the first day of class the teacher talks about how she hates Stephen Harper. In a humanities course the teacher randomly starts talking about how IQ is a pseudoscience when we are supposed to be talking about the Renaissance. In a poli-sci course about economic societies the lecturer I had was based and neutral, but the TA was constantly shitting on Adam Smith and talking about how she loved Marx's critique of capitalism and how Keynes was right about everything. And yet in my Economics courses all the teachers tend to shy away from politics and remain neutral.
>>
>>26082497
UCSD is liberal, but most of the students here are politically apathetic. Most students are here to get their engineering or biochem degree and don't give a shit about critical race theory.
>>
>>26077760
I'm a math major. I live next to McKay's. Let me know if you want to get a beer or something.
>>
This stuff has torn through undergraduate programs and is now sweeping professional and graduate education.

I study medicine in Canada, and we having a motion to remove the sculptures of some of the greatest inventors and discoverers of the medical field from our lobby area because we're scared of having a bunch of old white men represent medicine. They instead are suggesting putting up the only pictures of our intramural sports leagues that have some non-white students in them along the walls of the lobby.

That's not even what's most ridiculous. Our school has one of the highest MCAT standards in the country, which has created one of the only (maybe the only) classes where men outnumber women (3:2). This is has been consistent for a few years now, and they have been trying to implement "measures" to get more girls in the program. Everything they've tried has failed so far; so this year they're adding an emotional essay portion that applicants will do just 1 hour before they interview. They hope that girls will do better in expressive writing and therefore boost their post-interview score to even out the playing field. In the other schools, F>M class numbers are never looked at as anything but a positive shift in the dynamics of the field.

The administrators even set up a meeting in the beginning of last semester for the girls in our class (explicitly stating the guys could not attend) so that suggestions could be made on how the program could be more accommodating to their needs.
>>
File: 1.jpg (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
131KB, 900x900px
>mfw eastern european
>mfw socio-antrhopology major
>mfw basically feminism and family theory course
>mfw few people understand while most, especially women, find it gibberish

And it's not even that extreme, the proffesor explicitly stated that he disagrees with stupid bullshit such as multiple genders. I personally don't understand where these stupid sjw-feminist-activists get their info, I doubt they even know what Marx is about or where all the gender stuff comes from (psychoanalysis).
>>
>English major at a midwestern uni. I
>only had one professor who was obviously feminist/SJW.
>All the girls and the one black guy thought she was crazy

Now that I think about it, I had more conservative instructors/professors than I did liberal ones. Including in Poli Sci and Communications.
>>
>>26088311
I wanna kiss that cat everywhere
>>
>jewrope
>history and archeology degree
>two types of people frequent this: nationalists and rich libtards that want to be politicians or professors
>brawls almost everyday
>notallmuslims commie litterally gunned down in front of the entrance the day after paris attacks
>riot police just living there

help
>>
>>26081138
>academia should put more of a focus on studies of things from other cultures
Why shouldnt western universities in western countries primarily focus on western culture and civilization. And then Indian, Islamic or african universities can focus on their own cultures and histories?
>>
>>26077074
Get out of that university immediately.
>>
>>26081138
Nobody still thinks jesus was white. He was a four foot jew. Lanky white people are just prettier to depict than a four foot rasin looking mahfucka. And since light is talked about in the bible so much why would they not make him lighter to symbolize purity?
>>
>>26079200
Thanks Muhammed
Let's start the iconoclasm!
>>
>>26083411
>it would be idiotic to say an entire race of people have nothing decent to write about.
Thats not true apriori. Different humans have adapted to different environments and ways of life for over 100 thousand years, theoretically it could very well be the case that some groups simply didnt evolve the abilities to be proficient in literature. That is why one has to investigate the situation in the real world.
>>
>>26089110
First of all, because art depicting humans is heretical, much less art depicting G-D
>>
>>26085064
But he didnt though, he cited examples of highly praised black lit and read them himself and came to the conclusion that black lit isnt as good as lit by whites.
>>
i want to be a non-clinical/research psychologist

i applied under liberal arts "undecided", probably going to go to grad school if I major in psychology as well

any suggestions? is this a bad idea
>>
>>26077390
Only big, shithole universities. I'm going to a smaller university--1000 students on average--in the Fall (I went there 9 years ago as well) and there are only a handful of these classes, and none of them are mandatory. There's also only one feminist professor, who was there the first time I attended and pretty much is only allowed to teach Religion/Philosophy & Ecology plus the aforementioned feminist classes.
>>
>>26082406
None of that literature is good you manchild.
>>26082558
He's right though, they can't do anything.
>>26082867
Because Sartre is the worst hack on that list
>>
>>26079292
>I dare you to look at our clubs if you can navigate the website
> club named : queery

wow i feel sorry for you anon
>>
>>26077074
>a liberal university
As opposed to?
>>
>>26077332
christian universities. dumbass
>>
>>26078435
No, you have not made a mistake.
You are our infiltrator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxCYd_MR2nE
>>
>study business
>class is 80% international students from China and the Middle East
>most kids from rich businessmen and bureaucrats, top dogs in their respective countries
>no social justice shit whatsoever
>Arabs being so anti-Semitic it'd make /pol/ uncomfortable
>Chinese so obsessed with status and just want to make a shit ton of money, mere thought of sharing their money probably makes them sick, fuck the environment whats that lol
>live in australia so we only take courses for what we actually want to do, no engineers being forced to study arts bullshit

actually feels pretty good man
>>
>>26077074
>Go to most left wing University in country
>Be audibly told off for holding a door open for what turned out to be a female
>Forced to go to seminar on consensual sex, I tell the women running it "Isn't it ironic that you don't need my consent for this?"
>Get out of the lectures but despised by most academic females at University
>Not allowed to do dissertation I want as afformentioned hate
>Have a representative for, women, black women, minority women, transexuals, homosexuals, no male
>Male got expelled for a false rape claim that was proven false
>He wasn't allowed back in, still had debt, she got no repercussions

It's a piece of shit familia.
>>
>>26086757
>cources
>phalic
holy shit, how did you get into uni?
in my country you wouldn't even pass high school
>>
I work for what is essentially the SJW department at a big public university in the United States, and Climate Justice is both hilarious and depressing.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.