[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the government put out this propaganda to the people of Flint,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: absolutely disgusting flint.jpg (112KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting flint.jpg
112KB, 500x772px
So the government put out this propaganda to the people of Flint, Michigan, where they explicitly state the water is "safe", as long as people don't drink it.

How much longer are we going to let these monsters get away with this?

>Yuck!
>>
File: 118995150142221.png (78KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
118995150142221.png
78KB, 625x626px
>>26076675
I don't even live in Michigan and my water is about the same. It's not terrible, but it's expensive to buy drinking water.

Is this some sort of oddly mild bait thread?
>>
>>26076747
>Is this some sort of oddly mild bait thread?

No, just hostile and sarcastic by using >Yuck!
The lead content is high and it's making the people there retarded. Literally retarded.
>>
>>26076767
I've been showering in my awful water for like a year, and it does suck. It likely contains trace amounts of heavy metals including lead, and there's sometimes carcinogenic fumes. I should see a doctor and get tested and stuff, but I don't have insurance.
>>
File: 1426027488605.png (189KB, 476x426px) Image search: [Google]
1426027488605.png
189KB, 476x426px
>tfw Dearborn
>>
Flint's zombified corpse should have died 10 years ago.
>>
>living near Lake Michigan

is this why I'm fucked?
I don't even drink tap water.
>>
>>26076767
They're black. They're already retarded.
>>
>>26076958
All the Shit states touch Michigan.

Huron Master race, although Gitche Gumee's pretty rad.
>>
>>26076885
>living in little iraq
why would anyone want to live there?
>>
>>26076675
technically it is safe to bathe the kid in lead water. i'd just cover their mouth and not allow any of it in there because lead can't permeate through skin or anything like that.
>>
>>26076993
Yeah? Well at least my mother isn't a dog fucking whore.
>>
File: 398.png (292KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
398.png
292KB, 600x400px
>>26076993
>Making fun of victims of a legit crisis, while the crisis is still taking place.
>>
>>26076747
wtf man bottle water is dirt cheap. also if you're having municipal water they probably aren't as retarded as flint and it's perfectly safe to drink. if you do not have municipal water and your water is in fact polluted don't drink lead water - DON'T do it. lead poisoning is terrible, but it's 100x worse for young kids who's brain chemsitry is still developing because it mess with neurons and shit and causes pathways to jsut be blocked and not work. basically i'm not a neurologist but in lamens it makes someone retarded and or crazy.
>>
>tfw live in AZ and could literally wake up one day and nobody has any water at all

that will literally become a shitstorm in a matter of an hour or less
>>
>>26077040
>>26077067
Chill out Chaim, I don't care how many shekels you're saving on water maintenance.
>>
>>26076675
Why would anyone live in Flint of all places anyway? Even Detroit is better.
>>
File: 1450128284739.jpg (26KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450128284739.jpg
26KB, 480x640px
Somebody needs to be killed for this, I mean it too

who do we blame
>>
This couldn't have happened to a shittier city in America.

Ironically the reason this has happened is because the de scaler used in the flint pipes dissolved the decades of like build up and exposing the inside surface of these aging pipes.

You probably be fine using reverse osmosis water for drinking + de ionizer if your really paranoid about dissolved solids.

This shit is going to happen more and more to America as unfunded public works infrastructure improvements and replacement get pushed aside as higher costs of living a lower state and federal budgets rise.
>>
>>26077037
what about their anus? ears? eyes? SKIN? Your skin is the largest organ in/on your body and absorbs everything from the oils in your skin care products to the pollution in the air.

Think of nicotine patches. The water is UNFIT for ANY use.
>>
>all the people who see nothing wrong with this
You guys really think it's acceptable to live in a place without clear, pure, drinkable tap water, in the US? You really think people should HAVE to buy bottled water?
>>
>>26077367

samefagging to prove >>26077037
wrong

http://journals.lww.com/joem/Abstract/2006/07000/Skin_Absorption_of_Inorganic_Lead__PbO__and_the.12.aspx
>>
Does this type of shit happen anywhere in Europe? The Balkans maybe?
>>
>>26076675

Won't leach into your skin fast or at high levels! Well that's reassuring!

Flint is a shithole, the only people there are ones who can't afford to or are too stupid to leave.
>>
For fellow Americanos, it's worth pointing out that this sort of thing is common and Flint was just stupid enough to get caught.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/01/27/its-not-just-flint-poor-communities-across-the-country-live-with-extreme-polluters/
>>
File: DeadMussolini.jpg (154KB, 632x810px) Image search: [Google]
DeadMussolini.jpg
154KB, 632x810px
>>26077468
Thanks for this. I heard that many cities east of the Mississippi River have water contaminated with heavy metals. I live on the east coast, decently far from any major cities, but I'm sure I'm not completely safe.

Revolution when?? pic related is what should happen to the people responsible. Parade their corpses through the streets.
>>
>>26077523

I saw an article on hacker news that specifically mentioned shoddy water testing standards in Philidelphia, can't find the article at the moment however.

No revolution, not while immediate needs and comforts are more or less seen to. We're moving towards a non-trust based system in my opinion. You want to know water quality, you get it tested yourself. You want your house wired correctly, you ask family and trusted friends for recommendations. And you never trust the government. Think Soviet Russia or Latin America.
>>
>>26077523
the water wasn't contaminated though that's the thing. it was the purification process used something that caused the lead pipes to corrode. or at least that's my understanding of it.

most municipal water is absolutely safe but it could be going trhough lead pipes and causing it to get contaminated.

i live in a trailer house in midwest that uses a private water source but i dont' know the last time it was tested. i definitely dont' drink it but i shower nad bathe in it. i might collect some in a bottle and take it this water place just to see what they find.
>>
>>26076675
subliminal Disney advertising
>>
>>26077682
Environmental engineer here
Basically, they changed raw water source without adjusting their treatment process as much as they needed to. The new raw water had a higher pH, and as such, corroded the lead pipes.
>>
>>26077998

Wasn't it the case as well that all they needed to do was spend an extra $300 a month on a simple additive to the cleaning process and this all could've been avoided?
>>
File: 1449479225199.jpg (89KB, 405x406px) Image search: [Google]
1449479225199.jpg
89KB, 405x406px
>>26077998
>Environmental engineer here
May as well just put Redditor as a trip senpai
>>
Tap water fags btfo. Who's laughing now?
>>
>>26078202
Dunno about the cost, but yah, you would generally add something to lower or raise the pH as needed. My bet is that they didn't think to test the new raw water source for that.
>>
>>26077220
Snyder
>>
>>26078249
What on earth does this even mean? How does working on water systems make me a redditor?
>>
>>26076675
What the fuck is this, cant be a real picture america is fucked
>>
File: 46375757474.jpg (71KB, 450x433px) Image search: [Google]
46375757474.jpg
71KB, 450x433px
>drinking water
>drinking any liquid
>needing sustenance to survive
>being an organic lifeform
>>
back from midnight grocery run. got 9L purified spring water
>>
>>26078539
>implying robots don't need power generation and maintenance
>>
>>26078202
ya it probably was rather easy thing to avoid and i don't think (despite whatever narrative is being told) they did it because they didn't want to spend money or to try to pad their pockets but rather this was just sheer incompetence like >>26078425 said.
>>
File: 1451293077864.png (162KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451293077864.png
162KB, 400x300px
>>26076675
I live in Michigan, but not in Flint. W-will I be okay, robots?
>>
>>26078539
>needing same organic lifeforms to create parts for you
>organic by proxy
Pathetic.
>>
>>26077037
You know, like a shit load of greek/roman baths were lead lined or laced and they got fucked up due to it.

I forgot the expat specifics of where the lead was, I watched this documentary ages ago, but it really isn't safe to repeatedly bathe in lead. It fucks up your brain real good, it will get into your system.

It really isn't safe, is it safe to do it maybe once or twice? Sure, but if the water stays the way it is, a bunch of people will get fucked up.
>>
File: cast-iron-pipe-2.jpg (77KB, 760x400px) Image search: [Google]
cast-iron-pipe-2.jpg
77KB, 760x400px
>>26077523
Here you go champ, most of the pipe in new england is from the industrial era before stardards were put in place and use iron pipes and these are the pipes where your water travels through.

:^) I hope you enjoy that. And living in the rural areas really doesn't guarantee shit by the way, infarct you get less maintenance on your lines by living in the boonies so unless you get well water this is what you are drinking. Because no one is going to maintain your waterlines unless there is such low pressure or there is a water main break.
>>
>>26078421
enjoy your bpa, water bottle fag
>>
>>26076675
What the fuck is happening in Michigan? Did I miss something?
>>
>>26079158

Google Flint Michigan news. Water's fucked AND the piping is fucked too.
>>
>>26078961
this looks like a drainage pipe. actual pipes that deliver water are thin and need to be pressurized
>>
>>26079310
I had a sample of ductile iron pipe that a construction company that works with hydrants/water/sewer had from a water main break.

Let alone I work in the industry as well It looks exactly like that and that is the correct thickness. I've worked around enough fittings and delivered enough pipe to know the thickness of these pipes.

Granted the pipe in that is cast iron and not ductile iron, but that would handle water no problem. Plus you can see from the shoddy cut job that the pipe right there is actually a water line and they are doing a field cut. Any kind of drainage pipe would never have a run off pipe that is cut that horribly uneven and never have an end piece that could rust shut or have it bit coated to the end!

The more you know.
>>
>you cant drink tap water

This is why I hate going abroad. You have to Pay for drinking water? It's fucking insane. How can people stand it?
>>
>>26079424
thanks for the response. are you the environmental engineer? your post reads more like something a civ eng would say
>>
>>26079656
No most of the time environmental engineers work with erosion control shit as well as just other bullshit I read about in pamphlets at my work, about how they wish to conserve water, create water banks, and enforce the ideal that any work done doesn't harm the environment afterwards or fuck up the ecosystem.

I work in the yard of a vendor company that supplies this shit to people. I've seen/done a few field cuts of pipe and that looks like a 10 in diameter pipe, so that means most saws if not all cannot do one clean cut through, and have to re-position their cut half way through to get the rest of the pipe. Which is why when you look at the bottom right hand corner you see that obvious bulge, I've done that many times when making field cuts of even PVC pipe.

Plus all metal pipe has an odd coat on the inside called bit, and that is the black shit you see on the inner edges of the pipe, bit is added to all pipe like this to prevent rust build up, but I mean this shit is inevitable after a while because bit can't last for years upon years.

Also all run off pipe would never allow for such a rust build up like that of sediment over time, it would end up blocking the entire thing if given enough time and neglect and you don't want a run off getting clogged. Most run offs I've seen are made of like an aluminium, but then again all run offs I've seen are unto beaches so yeah.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.