[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A man is wandering in a desert starving for what seems to him

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: wallpaper-171862.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-171862.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
A man is wandering in a desert starving for what seems to him like an eternity. He comes upon a vendor that carries some preserved meats and other morsels. The man checks his pockets but is lacking in any currency. The vendor begins to walk away, and the man desperately asks the vendor to wait. The vendor is impatient, but pauses a moment, and the man begins courting the vendor and attempting to start a friendship. The vendor reconsiders their position and warms up slightly to the starving man, almost out of pity. The starving man follows the vendor on their travels for a couple of days. During the travels with the vendor, the man observes as many people get sustenance from the vendor, most of the time free of charge to the man's surprise. The vendor has many apparent friends. The friends of the vendor all appear jovial and lighthearted in their pursuits, the starving man by contrast is simply focused on sating his hunger. In the end, the vendor decides that they are tired of the starving man, that the starving man was not jovial enough and is too concerned with obtaining sustenance. The vendor tells the starving man to stop following them. The starving man wanders for a day or so, eventually collapsing in the midst of nowhere and dying.
>>
I want to punch you in the face until your face is an unrecognizable lump of flesh.
>>
>>26074908
>>26074993
But this is the literal definition of low quality bait.

...however it's true.
>>
>>26075027

What's bait about this? I just wrote it to describe how I feel about my situation.

>>26074993

You seem inexplicably upset. Clearly you have anger issues.
>>
>>26074908

How dare that starving bastard be so concerned with following his biological imperative. The mention of hunger was to draw a parallel between the desire for intimate human relations and other biological imperatives that act on humans.
>>
This is a good story, anon, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>26075259

Thanks bruh. It's the story of my life, I'm a piece of human trash.
>>
>>26074908
You don't get any meat unless you got the currency for it. Surely you can't hold that against the vendor.
>>
>>26075205
>allowing your biological imperatives to control you
>not forsaking food and normalslime in one blow, instead opting to lay in the sand and watch your life fade as you gaze at the sun
>>
>>26075320

But the vendor has many friends who get products for free, and the man is attempting to achieve the same sort of friendship. Only the man is so desperate that the vendor won't have it. Because that's a thing for some reason.
>>
File: 1450050217098.png (10KB, 495x791px) Image search: [Google]
1450050217098.png
10KB, 495x791px
Why didn't the man follow the vendor out of the desert, or follow one of the vendor's customers?
>>
>>26075378
Nothing in life is for free. You just gotta figure out what they're offering the vendor that you aren't.
>>
>>26075407
Why does the man even exist in the first place? Or the vendor, or any of his friends even? Something's not adding up...
>>
>>26075429

Why do any of us exist? I agree that none of it adds up.

>>26075422

One is a man, I am a man. Both have intrinsic worth, in some schools of thought at least.

>>26075407

Nobody said the vendor leaves the desert. What would following a random customer do for you anyway? The vendor is the one with the seemingly unlimited supply.
>>
>>26075472
Everyone leaves the desert at some time. Don't these people have homes? Why is the man dead set on getting food from the vendor? He could just as easily follow someone else who is more compassionate.
>>
>>26074908
I don't even know the difference between Chad, Stacy and Norm anymore.
>>
>>26075517

What if the planet is one big desert? You may enter a city, but you're still in a desert. Everybody is starving and thirsty. They have homes, but homes alone do not feed you or quench your thirst. The vendor is merely one who happened to be closest, but the starving man has tried many vendors in his journeys and all have acted with similarly constrained compassion.

>>26075422

What if the vendor is say, a person born with the magical gift of being able to sate your hunger without any cost to themselves? Perhaps this vendor can summon food, like Jesus or some equivalent mythological figure. If you have a (seemingly) infinite supply of a certain good that people need for sustenance, what is the moral reasoning for withholding that because someone seems "too desperate"?
>>
File: 1433642694520.jpg (129KB, 1067x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1433642694520.jpg
129KB, 1067x1092px
>being lonely is the same as dying in a desert HELP ME THESE NORMIES ARE KILLING ME BY NOT BEING MY FRIENDS
>>
>>26074908
IT'S PUSSY! THE VENDOR IS A CHICK AND SHE'S GIVING PUSSY AWAY FOR FREE AND IF THE "STARVING" GUY ONLY CARES ABOUT GETTING THAT PUSSY AND NOT SAY TRYING TO DO OTHER STUFF WITH HER THAN HE WONT GET ANY! IN OTHER WORDS TRY TO ENJOY LIFE AND OTHERS COMPANY WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT GETTING SOMETHING IN RETURN (PUSSY).
>>
>>26075649

Thanks, I know it's not the most subtle story ever. But who am I anyway, fucking Frank Herbert or some shit? I'm not an author or even talented at writing. Fuck off with your obvious ass.
>>
All I got was this is a catch-22. I think you guys are reading too much into this.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 813x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 813x683px
>not robbing the vendor
>>
>>26075649
>pussy
>not dick
lol
>2016
>still being attracted to females
W O W
>>
File: 1386470483502.jpg (71KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1386470483502.jpg
71KB, 540x720px
>>26074908
I'm not reading that word wall faggot.
>>
>>26075857

can i touch ur bobs
>>
>>26075857

hellop??? u r v pretyy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.