[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cool game i made :2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: bartins tic tac toe.png (101KB, 1338x1420px) Image search: [Google]
bartins tic tac toe.png
101KB, 1338x1420px
cool game i made :2
>>
>opponent puts down a mark
>I erase his mark
>I erase his mark
>I erase his mark
>I erase his mark
[...]

Unless I'm missing something
Cool idea though
>>
>>26074376
well -_- ill consider various balancing mechanics that could deter that line of gameplay; yet -_- ill have to reflect on them before i commit to anything further -_-

regardless, thanks for the feedback :2
>>
I don't understand if this is satire or not but it's upsetting me.
>>
>>26074594
>an anon getting triggered by too many emotes
lol
>>
>>26074594
regardless -_- thank you for the feedback :2

i will perhaps document the extent of this games development via my youtube channel "bartin the truly epic" :2 -_-
>>
why do americans call it tic tac toe?

everywhere else calls it noughts and crosses because it features writing noughts and crosses

whats a tic and whats a tac and whats a toe?
>>
>>26074665

actually now the name makes more sense since there are three different symbols, bravo OP
>>
>>26074236
nobody could rly win since u just erase the turn b4 they would win
>>
>>26074665
well -_- i assume the name tic tac toe comes from the fact that you require 3 in a row, and thus when you obtain it you would perhaps point at the pieces that make up the "win" and say "tic... tac... toe", similar in nature to games such as bingo. perhaps also originating from the fact romans in their iteration of this game used tiny pebbles as opposes to x's and o's, and if you think about it -_-; what does tic tac toe sound like if you exegerat it?

if you said: "the click" of rocks against a surface" - you would perhaps be correct. of course this is merely.... "speculation" -_-
>>
>>26074735
discounting the "draw" strategy that others have mentioned earlier in the thread, and considering a hypothetical balancing mechanique that would discourage the initial "erase camping" - after that the strategy of "erasing the prior move" wouldnt be as malicious - as similarly to the original version of tic tac toe: the strategy of winning revolves around obtaining multiple paths to victory, of course the addition of essentially two additional actions in my version allows more clever strategies to be employed to sleight your opponent into losing rather than it merely being mostly "luck" centric.

for instance -_- if you have a Tier 2 mark on the left corner, as well as a t1 mark to the right; either way you have 2 paths to victory so even if your opponent erases or blocks one mark; you can either win with a tier 3 or with a row.
>>
>>26074236
I think it chill you trying to make something different
Vast majority of people will shit on you with useless trivially obvious criticism because they are trying to be a "straight talking hard ass"

Maybe limit it to 3 tiers to stop "erase camping" and to make it functionally easier to play and understand
>>
>>26074971
thank you for the feedback :2
>>
>>26074857
yea but if ur not autistic, you can think a few steps ahead and not lose
>>
>>26074236
You need to create better symbols. I really like the concept of subjugating tiles. But the / \ | thing doesn't work well. perhaps if you use circles and squares. a slash though it makes it a subjugated tile and a second slash through it makes it a reclaimed tile.
>>
>>26075200
Actually triangles and circles.
my bad
>>
>>26075200
hm, -_- well ill consider it in the full game; i want to avoid making the symbols too obtuse -_- however; so i will have to consider carefully if i do include further symbols that they do not drastically increase the complexity of the shape -_-

although... having each player have their own shape perhaps is a good idea -_-, well ill reflect on this as well.

regardless, thank you for the feedback :2
>>
>>26075200
>>26075229
Woops I didn't read it. That shit is gay.
I thought you were claiming tiles from the other player.
Yeah fuck you OP your idea is shitty I like mine better. erasing is fucking garbage. I was thinking you claim and if it is reclaimed it can't be taken again.
>>
>>26075229
triangles -_- hm... i dont dislike that; perhaps i will maintain asterisks for one side and triangles for the other... i like the idea that they both have the same number of lines while still maintaining a unique and iconic aesthetic for each side.
>>
>>26075293
hm... -_- oh? well, that isnt a bad idea in the way you suggested it... and it would solve the problem of "erase camping" if there was a conclusion in the sense that rather than erasing, they were merely reclaimed... with when the symbol is completely drawn whoever ends up with it is the true owner of it.

not a bad idea -_- hm... well ill reflect on that as well.
>>
>>26075351
"I will reflect on it." "Thanks for the feedback".

All of these are vague statements. When can we expect an update on the game rules so that we can print them and play ourselves? Thinking on a board game can't take you more than five minutes.
>>
>>26074518
Why don't you only allow each square to be marked 3 times? That way if someone is too defensive by always playing a second mark into whatever square the other player played a mark on, that player has the option to make it permanent after which it will be the defensive player's turn to pick another square to play to since that square will have 3 marks. It will also prevent the board from getting too messy and you can use the 3 line pattern shown.
>>
File: ttt1.png (103KB, 1338x1420px) Image search: [Google]
ttt1.png
103KB, 1338x1420px
each square can only be marked 3 times
>>
>>26074236
>tier 3 mark is win condition
no no no
vanilla tic tac toe is already a flawed game because the first player to move has a massive advantage, and this only compounds the problem.
a tier 3 mark should permanently claim that square for the player. on top of that, a tier 2 mark should be removable in only one opponent turn. otherwise there's literally no benefit to playing defensively.
and for god's sake make it a 4x4 grid
>>
>>26075483
hm.... -_- not a bad idea - very well, i'll incorporate that suggestion into the official rules on a trial basis :2
>>
File: Bartins Grid Game.png (80KB, 488x3116px) Image search: [Google]
Bartins Grid Game.png
80KB, 488x3116px
the new ruleset -_-
>>
>>26075929
Man, you sure changed everything. The only problem that I see in this model is that it's hard to test unless we print it and try it in real life.
>>
>>26076024
thanks for the feedback :2
>>
>>26075929
Thats actually pretty interesting. O_O
>>
>>26074992
>>26074518
>>26074642
>>26074992
>thank you for the feedback
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.