[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is that clear?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: CZv_5UoWcAQvTGF.jpg (30KB, 525x193px) Image search: [Google]
CZv_5UoWcAQvTGF.jpg
30KB, 525x193px
Is that clear?
>>
To paraphrase Nietzsche, only a fucking idiot feels bad about where the dice land.

That's what the concept of privilege is.
>>
File: IShinjiDiggy.png (1MB, 1166x849px) Image search: [Google]
IShinjiDiggy.png
1MB, 1166x849px
>>26073295
What privilege is it that we have again?

>tfw I'm taking the bait because I am angry
>>
I don't fucking care. Honestly, this is just so pointless, is this supposed too make me care about niggers in africa?
>>
She's right though. Shy nerdy boys tend to think that because they aren't receiving the female attention that other guys do, that must mean they don't have privilege. It's about a lot more than just dating.
>>
File: furby.jpg (121KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
furby.jpg
121KB, 500x413px
>>26073295

Feminism is a mental disorder.
>>
File: The Fundamental Premise.jpg (356KB, 798x1051px) Image search: [Google]
The Fundamental Premise.jpg
356KB, 798x1051px
>>26073295

Any male "privileges" in history have been intrinsically tied to men's responsibilities, and those responsibilities, of course, usually entailed their labors and disposability.

Not to mention the fact that historically most men have had a harder go of it than women, due to the simple fact that sperm is disposable and eggs are perishable.
>>
File: my Greentext.png (231KB, 641x669px) Image search: [Google]
my Greentext.png
231KB, 641x669px
>>26073492
Yeah, and so is our depression.
>>
>>26073492

That you believe dating(mating) isn't the most important thing demonstrates your privilege.
>>
Man I just don't even give a shit anymore. They're right, I'm a horrible awful depressed anxious and neurotic monster. My whiteness, heterosexuality and maleness entitle me to not only the easy ticket in life but the title of true monster and oppressor.

I really truly do not care. They're right, I'm a bad person, fuck me.
>>
>>26073793
The greentext in that pic is a product of the patriarchy. If society didn't put so much pressure on men to be masculine and macho (the same way women are expected to be feminine and dainty) there wouldn't be stories like that. Masculinity is toxic.

>>26074587
That makes zero sense. Being obsessed with sex is unhealthy. The only reason it's so important to you is because you view it as a status symbol. The sooner you let go of that, the better off you'll be. Plus desperation typically isn't attractive to anyone.
>>
>>26074740
Having privelage does not make you a bad person. What's problematic is refusing to recognize your own privelage. Privelage can be used in a positive way to break down the institutions that uphold and dictate privelage in the first place.
>>
>>26074846
>implying women aren't just as cruel.

Also, if it hurts men too, then how is it male privilege, and if it specifically harms me and us, wouldn't we know longer have said privilege?
>>
>>26074938
Sure man, sure. I'm better than you guys, and nothing bad happens to me and people like me. You're right. It's all coool here, we're all doing okay, I'm okay
>>
>women know exactly what being a male is like

I love when they pull this shit because they flip the fuck out whenever men start talking about what life is like for women
>>
>>26074938
Privilege itself is not bad either and the kind of ambiguous privilege SJWs harp at is not some zero sum game. One person's privilege does not contribute to someone else's oppression or lack of privilege.
>>
>>26074941
You aren't understanding what privelage is. Having privelage doesn't mean you live a life free from any obstacles or hardship. Privelage means that people look at you as an equal in situations where others would be seen as lesser. Also privelage had many different flavors, it isn't universal. White privelage, male privelage, regional privelage, etc. Privelage doesn't dictate how good your life is, it's about access and the resources available to you.
>>
File: skepticalshinji.png (183KB, 549x316px) Image search: [Google]
skepticalshinji.png
183KB, 549x316px
>>26075197
>they look at you as an equal
If that were true, then how did my greentext happen, multiple times? To people just like me, while I am a white cis-male, intelligentsia class?
>>
File: feelsgood_trump.png (295KB, 383x441px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood_trump.png
295KB, 383x441px
The wage gap for us manlets is comparable to race and gender.
>>
>>26075277
Because any privelage that those boys in the story had that the writer didn't was rooted in adhering to the heteronormative status quo. He was bullied for not being masculine enough, because he didn't conform to the gender standards put on boys by the patriarchy. It didn't have anything to do with race or social class. That's what I mean about privelage not being universal. White males aren't the only people with privelage, just like POC and queer folks aren't the only people who are oppressed.
>>
>>26075515
The writer was me.

And what "heteronormative status quo"? I did absolutely nothing, they were just picking on me because they knew it would upset me because of my autism.

So, is the last part admitting that said privilege doesn't apply to us, which is the opposite of what you were saying before?
>>
File: 1436135643771.jpg (81KB, 924x571px) Image search: [Google]
1436135643771.jpg
81KB, 924x571px
I was a little kid when I got introduced to "oh you have so much privilege" and it's what started my suicidal thoughts
It started with "why should I breath or have anything when those more deserving have nothing". I've spent the majority of my life with suicidal thoughts and a slew of mental issues but this is what started it all
I fucking hate SJW'S, not because I'm racist or sexist like most of /r9k/, but because it always reminds me of this. It reminds me I should kill myself and in the same blow makes me feel invalidated in any suffering mental illness has put me through
Fuck everything
>>
>>26075515
Most people have some sort of privilege
Your patriarchy bullshit isnt fooling anyone.
Females get pampered and people will basically swarm to aid them, even if they arent the victim.
Blacks get to pull the race card if anything happens to them, many minorities can.
How is everything 'the patriarchies' fault when so many people get privileges?
>>
>>26075515
"Privilege" is bullshit, and it is literally stereotyping. Just because you see someone is white and male you assume they had it easy. What is even more ironic is if someone stereotypes a black man he's a racist, but it's perfectly fine to stereotype a white man. These double standards man.
>>
>>26075752
>>26075752
Just dropping in here

Usually the "privilege dialog" is harmful especially to depressed people. A fairly common (yet undiscussed) symptom/behavior of depressed individuals is to "feel bad about feeling bad". These people often think they have no right or reason to feel as terrible as they do, and the concept of them being inherently shielded/invulnerable to sadness by way of their birth characteristics is incredibly harmful to their depressive inner monolog.

From first hand experience, it's taken me a couple years of therapy and medication to overcome this, and I still battle with it. It's a war every single day. Right now I can't tackle the worlds problems because I think about walking into traffic or swinging from rafters. It's gotten a lot better, trust me, and I'd never act upon these urges, but still.

It was a triumph for me to give myself "permission to feel bad."
>>
>>26073670

>The "human behavior is economics" meme.

You realize this is mostly pop-psych pseudoscience that was cooked up over the past few decades so that the ruling class could pretend they weren't morally accountable for fucking over the rest of us, right? There's a pretty big, varied body of actual peer reviewed work about this stuff done by actual scientists (protip: economics is not science). This is a pretty good one to start with:

>>>http://ccare.stanford.edu/article/multiple-facets-of-compassion-the-impact-of-social-dominance-orientation-and-economic-systems-justification-2/

(for some reason they decided to make the PDF auto-download instead of giving you a link).
>>
dumb whore go to saudi arabia and you'll truley understand privilege
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.