[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pale Blue Dot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: Pale Blue Dot.png (1MB, 986x613px) Image search: [Google]
Pale Blue Dot.png
1MB, 986x613px
>A photograph of earth, taken at a distance of 3.7 billion miles, by the Voyager 1 spacecraft.

How does this make you feel robots?
>>
like its been faked since why would it be that big
>>
>>26072777
It's zoomed in you retard.
>>
>haha man, like, everything is so pointless because the Earth is smaller than other spatial objects
>bro just smoke some weed

Fuck off nigger
>>
>>26072819
thats a cheap shot of a bait, please go for something with a little more sport, chap
>>
>>26072809

surely the red band would be stars in our galaxy
>>
>>26072819
It's not that things are pointless, but it gives you perspective on the universe. If all of our planet, and natural resources can take up only such a small space in the vast universe, what hope to we have of ever truly traveling beyond out planet? What power do we have to influence through the depths of space?
Were stuck here bro and there's nothing we can do about it.
>>
Not very impressed, the idea that Earth an insignificant dot has been beaten into our heads for years now
>tfw you will never explore space
>you will never leave the planet
>you will never into futur
>>
>>26072749
The ever expanding universe hurts too much to comprehend.

I need to know whats out there, but i never will.

Say i luck out and reproduce, it gives me hope knowing that 2000 years down the line my DNA will make it to space.
>>
>>26072749
I dont give a fucking shit what some machine does a million miles away from the planet I live on.

>"but but but anon nothing we do matters because the universe is so big!!!"

So the the fuck WHAT!?!?! I dont give a shit about the universe! Its a bunch of oxygenless rocks floating in space! Who cares!?! They literally do nothing except float there and all these fucking itellectuals try to belittle us by shoving in our face how "insignificant" we are. FUCK. ALLLLLL OF THAT. I dont give a DAMN about some rock in space and no one is going to make me! I have my own fucking life to live with my own world and if pluto or what-fucking-ever has an earthquake (or I guess PLANETquake) then why the fucking fuck fuck SHIT should I care? Fucking fuck off with this "universe matters more than you because its bigger than you" bullshit. NOTHING matters! We are all pieces of shit! Some of us are just smaller or bigger! So FUCK. OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>26072906
>>26072895

I'm going to find out god damn it robots. I swear to Christ.
>>
File: 1442702781408.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442702781408.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>26072749
Not much other than a sense of wonder.

Makes me wish I could go explore all of the dark areas to see what else the universe has out there.

I never could really wrap my head around why people get a sense of nothingness, or rather "meaninglessness" from the thought of the entirety of existence is larger than yourself. Like, what's scary about it? What, that you aren't special and the whole world isn't centered around you? To me it just makes me imagine all the other beautiful planets out there we haven't discovered yet and hope that one day we could make contact with something besides ourselves.
>>
>>26072749
it is cgi
>>
>>26072934
But think of all the time, effort, money, talent, and dreams that went into building that machine and send it out there. Clearly the crowning accomplishment of our species to date and the farthest we've ever come at reaching out to something other than ourselves.
It's literally the BEST we can do at long distance space travel and intergalactic communication. All of that, just to send back a grainy ass picture of us, floating in space.

It's ironic that something designed to make us feel so powerful can make us feel so weak.
>>
File: 1427862478195.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1427862478195.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>26072934

It's so weird that those black squiggles on the screen are used to communicate so precisely that I can know exactly what you mean and yet to an alien or something, they'd mean absolutely nothing... Crazy that such complexity can exist on somewhere as small and insignificant as this planet that we're on.

Really makes you wonder what other crazy phenomons could exist out there.

Don't ya think anon? Don't ya?
>>
>>26072934
1/10 made me reply orgionally
>>
Not sure if anybody will relate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ag3oD1YOo
>>
>>26073066
Bro it just doesnt make me feel anything. Im not trying to be edgy or cool or whatever it just literally makes me feel nothing. So we sent a piece of metal into space. And thanks to the laws of pysics that piece of metal will float endlessly through the universe. Honestly its not that impressive because any planet with life has the ability to do anything we have. I think the episode of star trek where voyager comes back is a more impressive acjiecment than sending some camera out to space.

Ill be honest with you robots though I am super drunk and thats probably causing this rant.
>>
File: 1447454372017.jpg (261KB, 600x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1447454372017.jpg
261KB, 600x1265px
This picture is pretty much self-explanatory. Really only reason to live now.
>>
>>26072934
Forget your Zanax today?
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 189x266px
>>26073077
Now imagine that somehow, despite all odds, that craft ended up in alien hands, but the aliens didn't understand the message attached to it. They never were able to make sense of it and contact us. They just disregarded it as space trash from their neighbors on a nearby planet.
What if there are plenty of other galaxies teaming with life and we are the ones, all alone, unable to reach out or be noticed, despite our desperate attempts.

That is the true definition of sadness.
>>
File: 14191505223247.jpg (20KB, 377x266px) Image search: [Google]
14191505223247.jpg
20KB, 377x266px
>>26072934
>(or I guess PLANETquake)
>>
>>26072895
EmDrive and then naturally better drives until FTL is achieved and we start going to other systems. It's a matter of time.

I really don't want humans to reach other planets, since they are cancer and destroy their home planet, but it's going to happen if no aliens or natural disasters intervene.
>>
The universe may be very large and complex, but it is only there as a backdrop to the Earth, the primary stage upon which existence revolves. Like the redundant terrain in a Star Wars Battlefront map you blow up if you pass.
>>
>>26072749
For a long time I've accepted that no matter what I do, even if I fulfill my dream of becoming an astronaut, that nothing will change. Earth is nothing. Earth literally means dirt. We're nothing but dirt.
>>
File: sadfr.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
sadfr.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>26072749

>the universe has trillions of stars
>not a single gf for me on any of them

oh well
>>
>>26073185

Hombre there are a hundred billion stars in every galaxy and an estimated hundred billion galaxy's in the discovered universe. You can bet your finest Pepe that there are other planets teeming with life out there and one day we might find one
>>
le existentialism le pointless le small LE SCIENCE
>>26073066
>LE SCIENCE
>crowning accomplishment
>>
>>26073185
There's probably sentient entities somewhere out there that we just can't simply see because they exist in such a different way that we can't even perceive them.

Also, another thing that blows me away is the fact that we're just atoms that managed to piece ourselves together from the beginning to become humans. Think about it, everything in the universe is made up of atoms, and just putting those atoms in the right place makes them be able to think about themselves. I mean, one day a bunch of atoms ended doing something that made it turn into some kind of living being. Then they arranged themselves so that now we are all sitting here talking about it and our existence.

I don't know, that was probably pretty incoherent, but it boggles my mind.
>>
>>26073274
But what if the rarest Pepe is out there, in another galaxy, and we will never know it's rapture?
>>
I take both immense relief and despair when contemplating the meaningless of life
>>
>>26073310
>just atoms that managed to piece ourselves together
There's a lot of Christians that would nail your ass to the cross for that heresy
>>
>>26072749
That's a randomly brightened cluster of pixels.
It's also not pale.
It's also not blue.
>>
>>26073229
>existence revolves around Earth

HahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahaHAHHAHAHAHAHH
>>
File: 1453849959787.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453849959787.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>26072749
I'm not sure what I could say about this photo that already hasn't been said. I can't leave that dot, let alone come up with an original thought. Why are we so inept?
>>
>>26073339
Well, I'm agnostic so I'm not sure if that's really what happened, but I lean towards it. I do realize that though, my own parents would probably disown me if they heard me say that.
>>
>>26073121
Gotcha.
>>26073183
Nah bra
>>26073221
Glad I made you kek anon
>>26073254
Thats bullshit anon. You matter. Everyone matters. We are all literally made of fucking matter.
>>26073267
Shes out there 4u bro.
>>26073310
Why does that boggle your mind though? It happened. Its not some random occurance. It literally happened. You were created by a million different atoms fusing together. Ok cool. I dont understand why we try to make a big fucking deal about this. Its life. Its our world. Its how it happened.
>>
>>26073342

u might be colourblind m8
>>
The universe is so big that it is extremely likely that somewhere there is a board identical to r9k on a website identical to 4chan. Hell, its probably all in English too
>>
daily reminder that there is no basis for believing we will ever achieve FTL travel besides wishful thinking
daily reminder that on a practical level the universe may as well end at neptune
daily reminder that we are bound to our insignificant rock and we're all going to die with the sun

daily reminder
>>
>>26073483
maybe we're the other board
>>
>>26072934
Based anon I agree entirely
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 500x326px
>>26073527

True that, I wonder how many identical conversations there are going on right now
>>
File: mars.jpg (315KB, 3200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
315KB, 3200x2000px
this is earth from the surface of mars

how does this make you feel, robots?
>>
>>26073518

You don't need FTL travel with world ships or suspended animation or both
>>
>>26073419
The simple fact that it happened doesn't all of the suddenly make me okay or less intrigued with it. It scares me because things so small managed to become sentient and could go back to being nothing but dirt very quickly. I mean, I understand if it doesn't phase you, thatvs fine, but personally it just reall surprises and stuns me. We're all different though.
>>
>>26073548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uctSLAEcGIE
>>
>>26073552
>Holy fuck we landed on mars, that's awesome!
Now lets build a base-station with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>26073518

Eh its kinda like your car braking down on a desert highway, miles from anywhere and with no means of communication. Someone will either come and pick us up in the next 4 billion years, or we will all sucummb to the sun.
>>
>>26073518
Daily reminder that shiposting romans probably thought the same thing about flight

Daily reminder we went from the first manned flight to the moon in under 60 years

Daily reminder that traveling space is still possible without FTL travel
>>
I guess it doesn't make such big of a difference if I have this doughnut then... or five of them
>>
>>26073633
Daily reminder that we are never going back to the moon
>>
>>26073540
Mah nigga
>>26073573
Anon that fact that you are able to make your own thoughts and judgements about a certain ideal makes me respect you more than if you agreed with me.

Id buy you both a beer if I could, and it doesnt matter if thats the normie thing to do or not.
>>
File: autism levels.jpg (19KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
autism levels.jpg
19KB, 514x536px
>>26072934
calm down m8, it's going to be okay.
>>
>>26074024
I know its going to be ok black science man, I just dont give a FUCK
>>
>>26072749
>>26073552
If I look at my house from a high elevation at the other side of my city is that also supposed to make me feel insignificant and lonely?

I swear to fuck you people are as intellectually fragile as renaissance era catholics coping with the idea of the Earth rotating around the sun
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.