[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna be working with machomen soon. The type that probably like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: RH5RvaH.jpg (132KB, 743x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RH5RvaH.jpg
132KB, 743x1080px
Gonna be working with machomen soon. The type that probably like banter and shit and I'm socially anxious.

HELP
>>
File: 1450826700480.png (33KB, 700x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1450826700480.png
33KB, 700x1028px
Survive some banter from /pol/, spend some time on reddit/ askreddit, find your boundaries/ moral compass in terms of outward projection.

And be comfortable with yourself. People will be glad to have you around if you show a more patient and human side of yourself.
>>
File: 1392148430306.jpg (46KB, 380x465px) Image search: [Google]
1392148430306.jpg
46KB, 380x465px
>tfw only ever worked with mild-mannered women and gay men
>terrified of working with tradesmen and laborers or "real" men of any sort

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: anime weed 1.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
anime weed 1.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>26069797
>banter
Translation: Racist/sexist talk amongst men. Sometimes includes details about hobbies.
You'll be fine anon.
>>
>>26069797
You mean people who won't shit talk you behind your back spread shit and drama about you. Sounds alright.
>>
Just keep your head down and beeyouself
Pretending to to be alpha will just bring more bantz
>>
File: anime weed 2.jpg (90KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
anime weed 2.jpg
90KB, 704x400px
>>26069870
>real men
Won't be long before men and women are all the same. I remember when going to the gym was a big social distinction that was 10-15 years ago. Now you aren't even recognized as a gym bro. Everything is homogenous. Liking obscure Japanese media is the only non-normie thing left.
>>26069895
Yeah tradesmen are okay if your working with them. They are usually honest if they have no other qualities.
>>
>>26069870
yes

I would kill for a jon=b with mild-mannered normies
>>
>>26069895
>>26069916
This aren't tradesmen. It's in a warehouse receiving packages.
>>
>>26069960

Then there will be women there and everything will just be miserable and sad.

Basically, you're working in a modern salt mine.
>>
>>26069960
Then they're bums who don't give a shit.

Seriously you immediately have something in common which is hating your job.

Seriously don't stress it. As long as your postures confident they'll think your alright.
>>
File: anime weed 3.gif (983KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
anime weed 3.gif
983KB, 480x270px
>>26069960
>warehouse
My grandad was a warehouse manager after the War. He was an alcoholic because he got TB and had to leave the army after 30 years, served from the age of 14. You'll be fine.
>>26070016
>women
Mixed is better then only guys. You don't end up with a tied social position. That and guys can be too efficient and make you look bad.
>>
>>26070068
What do I do if they direct banter toward me?

This is my greatest fear.
>>
>>26070221

Call the other person a fucking nigger AND a fucking faggot and then cut their tires during your break.
>>
File: scaredycat.gif (104KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
scaredycat.gif
104KB, 400x225px
>worked with a tall handsome black guy once
>he was nice and everything
>moved from the country out of nervousness
>>
>>26070221
Laugh at whatever they think is funny. Give some banter back. Shit aint hard.
>>
>>26069883
>>>/lgbt/

back to your containment board faggot
>>
>>26070221

The trick is to never become a target. Always bantz back, but never bantz too hard.

If you take the banter too far, you'll come off as edgy douchebag that no one wants to work with.

If you get defensive and sperg out on them, you're basically painting a huge bulls eye on your back and you'll be the whiny guy that no one wants to work with.

Other guidelines
>Do not REEEE at the normies for talking about normie shit like gfs/wives, sex lives, partying, w/e
>Do not talk about anime, though if you're working with 20somethings, Dragon Ball Z may be your safest bet
>Dont be tryhard if you're attempting to make friends, be causal and friendly
>Not being a prick and helping others out goes a long way
>>
File: 1413003641193.jpg (46KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
1413003641193.jpg
46KB, 465x620px
>>26069797
Just laugh at the jokes, it doesnt matter if you are quiet. Just seem involved and interested, you will have things to say when conversation pops up. Ask questions about them and answer back when they ask you. You can do it anon
>>
Get fit and become a strong, silent type who just stares and growls when people talk in your direction
>>
>>26069797
>machomen
Are you joining the Village People?
>>
>Work night security
>Usually alone
>Suddenly there is construction being done
>Construction workers everywhere
>Anxious as fuck all the time
Work used to be my safe space.
>>
File: british male.jpg (40KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
british male.jpg
40KB, 306x423px
>banter

I don't want to be that guy, but find another job. Seriously.

The last time I was ever in a "banter" group, it consisted mainly of metrosexual "lad" faggot types with hairstyles like pic related. They seemed alright at first, but don't fucking let this deceive you.

>be 16
>vocational college course, did mechanics since I was pretty /o/ at the time
>dress neuro typically - not pertaining to any style or subculture, just plain clothing
>be on lunch break
>just sitting eating my lunch, other lads are randomly laughing and swearing
>I just laugh with them, when all of a sudden
>this guy starts accusing me of insulting his dead uncle, even though I didn't even fucking say anything let alone knew anything about
>at first I didn't believe him because its hard to tell what's serious and what isn't when it comes to banter
>turns ugly into an altercation, I get attacked with no option to defend myself because I had already beaten another person up prior for attacking me beforehand and was on my last warning
>end up getting kicked in the sides multiple times (didn't hurt really), told to get on my knees and in the heat of the moment I did just to see what he'd do
>I just end up getting hit more, and have to stand there to take it

And I was "just another guy" in that group before all that shit happened. I wasn't a sperg or anything - I just got on with the work and liked it but the people ruined it for me. Turned out to be the worst decision of my life.

Fuck banter. Fuck "lads". You're better than these people already. Why come up with meaningless wit-shit all the time just to hold up a social circle with a bunch of degenerates? Why not just have a normal conversation with coworkers? Always look for people on your level. Find a job where you can have mostly average conversations with only a tidbit of satire - instead of just full-blown "BANTER M8 THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN" cancerous shit.
>>
>>26071875

100% this.

"banter" groups always, ALWAYS have at least 1-2 bullies in them, that you won't recognize until you've already been targeted. And you'll know when you've been targeted; nothing you say, do, or are will be good enough for these people, sometimes its politically motivated.

i've noticed that "banter" groups tend to think being a "team player" is of utmost importance, but really this just means how much they genuinely like you on a personal, totally non-work-related level. In that kind of place, failing to get people to genuinely like you (which means being exactly like them) will mark you as "not a team player", which is a legitimate reason to fire someone and will most likely fuck your career up.

I'm considering leaving an otherwise cozy office job because of this crap; "catty" middle aged women and extroverted, sporty "banter" guys who very clearly don't like me on a very personal level, to the point where the senior management don't speak to me and instead kind of give me "the look of impending doom". I ask for help or something and i get sort of "yeah whatever" or "fuck you" responses.

I need to get out asap, lol
>>
File: 1447831220155.jpg (410KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447831220155.jpg
410KB, 800x800px
>>26071875
>>26072531
Damn, you guys must have had it bad.
When I was in the military we would just roast the shit out of each other all day.
No one ever got bootybothered by it either, the types of guys you're talking about seem like shitheads.
>>
>>26070278
kek, wtf. Most black people are really nice, atleast the ones that ive worked with.
>>
File: 1448597369028.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448597369028.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
I know that feel, OP. I'm pretty reserved and antisocial but I work at a moving company where almost everyone is an alpha tyrone or ex-gangster. Everyone likes me there, though, and I'm friends with a lot of them. Just have a good sense of humor, work impressively, have a spine, and learn to keep up with the bantz. Also it helps if you can fit in, at least a little. At my company we all smoke and drink on the job, catcall at women, have lived hard/poor lives, compete at lifting heavy shit, and do other manly stuff together. There are also some dudes there that are more of hippies like me, and we talk about conspiracies, music, alternative lifestyles, and cartoons. It's pretty funny thinking about two burly bearded guys talking heatedly about Steven Universe while lifting a couch and a dryer above our heads.

If you're autistic you're fucked, though. We talk shit about all the occasional weirdos that join up.
>>
>>26071011
Also this. The widely-agreed most likable person at my mostly black company is a little white bearded dude whose longest average responses are "Right." Strong silent type works.
>>
>>26073222
Yeah, my resting motherfucker face has helped me quite a lot in life.
>>
>>26072531
>catty middle aged women
I worked my civil engineering internship in an office fractured by this shit. Our engineering department was small but hella efficient. All men, the place was a laugh, we worked hard and got shit done. On the other hand HR and accounts was about three times our size and literally all women (excluding department head) and the place was a fucking minefield, everyone hated each other, no one would so much as talk to each other on breaks. Work wouldn't get done because they'd have to communitcate with women they didn't like. It was a nightmare.

On topic, if you can get into a bantz crew it's like being in a redpill thread or some shit. I did construction work as a student and it was fucking fun just to turn up because the group I was with was hilarious.
>>
>>26071875
>>26072531
There's a difference between faggot office beta banter and macho laborer banter. A bunch of men doing real, physical work is the most wholesome, hilarious, and brotherly social unit imaginable.
>>
>>26069797
I worked with machomen, and I've worked with all women and a manlet.

Machomen do not mind quiet people as long as you're hardworking and don't whine. I will always prefer the former.
>>
File: 1281057026992.png (206KB, 438x810px) Image search: [Google]
1281057026992.png
206KB, 438x810px
>>26069870
>>26069960
>terrified of working with tradesmen and laborers or "real" men of any sort
Straight male here, this is how I feel when talking to men in general. I only ever end up being able to comfortably talk to the women at my job, and not in a flirty manner either, literally just friends. Funnily enough I am also working in a distribution warehouse.
>>
The thing is, I'm terrible at banter.

I need a job where I can just be alone most of the time.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.