[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys joined the french foreign legion or thought about it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Any of you guys joined the french foreign legion or thought about it?
>>
No, because I can't do 2 pushups, I don't want to die for Mr. Shekelstein's interests, and it feels better to sit at home and play vidya all day while eating junk food and jerking off to hentai.
>>
>Not allowed to choose which regiment you want to join unless you've excelled in everything and are the top 1% of your group.

>Travel overseas to become a killing machine, end up washing dishes for five years

>It's literally a crapshoot when it comes to which regiment you will be assigned to.
>>
The FLF is balls-to-the-wall hardcore, I don't think anyone who went there or is capable of going there is enough of a failure to post on /r9k/.
>>
>>26064349
Working with a bunch of mongoloids and shitskins who can barely speak French, and using shit battle tactics is not the way to do it.
>>
The FFL is actually cannon fodder.
They drove into Mali on flatbed trucks.

It's also changed a lot, for example you can't join anonymously anymore and I don't think French citizenship is guarenteed.
>>
>>26064419
Citizenship is guaranteed only if you get injured in battle. You can also stick around long enough and get citizenship another way. Also you are taught that your rifle is worth more than your life. You can be replaced but not your rifle.
>>
>>26064188
Id rather join the usmc but i have a ged so im going army
>>
I always wondered, why is the foreign legion so famous? What's so special about it? Do other states have a foreign legion? Why wouldn't i just join my nation's army?
>>
>>26064188
Honestly the gain/effort ratio is much better at most private army companies. Join foreign legion if you have no previous experience and just want to radically change your life. Probably once you come back from there you can join a privete company or go do some other things with your life, doubt you'd visit r9k tho :)
>>
>>26064310

You mean Monsieur Shekelstein
>>
>>26064443
That's ridiculous, those horrible unmaintained pieces of shit they use cost pennies. Fucking surrender-monkeys.
>>
>>26064188
Military is macho/chad culture. Trust me.

You will feel like an outsider and will be at the bottom of the male hierarchy.

"Supreme gentleman solo" is the only r9k compatible military formation.
>>
>>26066010
Its tough, like trying to make a special dessant unit out of regular burnouts of life. They forget your past (that quite often bans you serving in your native army) and you are treated as a disposable shock troop.

So if you are burnout from a country that doesn't take part in any wars, and only acts by peace time rules then you have no chance of becoming a hardened special forces warrior. There you do, and after the service you can start a new life in France. One might think that whats so good about being a killer/cannon fodder, but lets be honest, a socially retarded wanker sitting 24/7 in front of his computer until his death to obecity is even less respected position in society :)
>>
>>26066010
It's for people who don't have much choice.
>barred from joining their own military for reasons
>can't find a job in your country

They get a lot of people from southeast asia, slavic countries and south america where people don't have much opportunity.

To my knowledge, the ffl often pick these type of people over first world people like Americans, brits and Canadians
>>
>>26066010
>Do other states have a foreign legion?

Yes.

>Why wouldn't i just join my nation's army?

Depends on your nation of residence.
If you live in the US, FFL would be a stupid choice. If you live in some desolate shithole, the FFL could be an improvement.

>Why is the foreign legion so famous?

Has a strong mythos from its glory days - a place where men would "escape".

Their lore is pretty interesting, worth a read.

>worship the prothesis hand of commander who made his soldiers swear to fight until death on that hand

But remember:
>>26066634
>>
>>26066634
>>26066740
>not knowing there's all kinds of people in the military
>not knowing antisocial sof people exist

But this is /r9k/, nobody knows what the fuck they're talking about. Especially topics about the military.
>>
>>26066799
>antisocial sof people exist

"Antisocial" has various flavors. There is proud preference of solitude and then there is "i'm scared to talk to others".

Guess where /r9k/ falls.

Besides, years of shitposting guarantee that you are not physically capable of SOF. Your knee ligaments will simply give out on long marches.

Nor does shitposting prepare you mentally. You need to be able to confront others without trembling.
>>
>>26067066
Mate, if you can fit into the BMI criteria <30 then with 4 mounths doing a 100 km hike is a problem, but not a brick wall.

Being socially retarded only means that you'd not make a NCO, nothing more. Ive seen plenty of retards/social outcasts getting diked about in the beginning, but at later stages nobody really cares, its a strangely honest, accepting and socially educating brotherhood. (first 6 months could turn out to be really difficult for some tho)
>>
How do these guys compare to the SAS and navy SEALs?
>>
can I get in if I was in JROTC in high school? :^)
>>
>>26064188
I came pretty close last summer because I was jobless and desperate, I went so far as to get a birth certificate, a french phrasebook and started working out. I found a promising job so didn't need to now
>>26068045
they're front line infantry, so they're like the opposite
>>
>>26068045
They are worse, SAS and SEAL are SF only units. FFA is more like a Rangers level unit
>>
>>26068045
well, they don't call it the foreskin legion for nothing. that should tell you everything.
>>
File: 1449342116189.gif (737KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
1449342116189.gif
737KB, 700x393px
>>26065734
Hello normie I see that you are trying to impress us.

Please elaborate, what is your MOS? When do you leave for basic? Where are you going to basic? Have you gone through MEPS yet?

Are you doing it because you want to or because its all you got since you only have a GED.
>>
>>26067942
It is a brick wall that only the strong manage to climb.

Older soldiers in these kinds of units are usually quite worried about long distance march/run endurance tests and munch on painkillers to pass them, because the stress on the body is really great and wears out the "structure" quickly.

And these are people who had adequate physical development in their youth.

The hunchback shitposter stand no chance in an organization that places a strong emphasis on fitness and endurance (famed desert marches of the FFL of old times).

If the /r9k/ trooper desires escapism, he should join something more conventional and less demanding like the US Army/Marines.

Still get to strange countries and situations but with the benefit of airlifted icecream.
>>
>>26068326
My unit (not FFA) had a 110 kg (at the start) artsy-fartsy fella who after 5 months (then 90+ something kg) finished the 3 day straight 125 km on-foot recon final hike. Not with flying colors and he required help, but he still finished it.
>>
>>26066740
Could you list some other foreign legions? The only one I can find that's still open is the FFL.
>>
this isnt k/ you newfag piece of shit now go back and recruit in reddit

sage and report
>>
>>26068326
>long distance march/run
What is even the purpose of that shit?

No soldier in the modern world will ever have to march a gorillion kilometers on foot. ever.
>>
>>26069065
>No soldier in the modern world will ever have to march a gorillion kilometers on foot. ever.

What is the Falklands? When shit hits the fan, you walk
>>
If I ever joined the military I would do it for the stars and stripes, not to be cannon fodder for some frog jews.
>>
>>26064188
yeah
but no point because I already got an EU passport
might join the british army instead
>>
>>26069109
If you join the US military you're still cannon fodder for elite jews
>>
>>26069103
for reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yomp
>>
>>26069134
At least I would be doing it for American kikes.

I would only ever sign up if there was a draft or if we were invaded, though.
>>
>>26069065
builds character :).

But no really, you'd be suprised on what the military occasionally needs to resort to to get the job done. If you can march 100+ km while getting near your limits then marching 20 km in a combat situation wont be a problem (and that is a likely situation)
>>
>>26064188
Im trying to be a SEAL. My numbers are well above what the recommended is (35 pull ups, 120 push ups 2min, 110 sit ups 2min, 7:15 1.5 mile, 8:00 500m, sidestroke), but im a complete recluse with my references being my family. Im also an aspie, but that wont get in the way.

The FFL is where im going if I fail, but Im sure my physical is good enough, its the social stuff im worried about.
>>
>>26069402
What is the physical requirements for FFL? The website I found wasn't very specific.
>>
>>26069402
>Im also an aspie

Diagnosed or just socially awkward?
>>
>>26068258

Think he meant he's planning on it you jumped up cunt
>>
>>26069523
http://foreignlegion.info/joining/
>>
>>26069536
diagnosed in 4th grade, but i act pretty normal, just quiet.
I think it was a misdiagnosis
>>
>>26069523
Slurp a gallon of semen in under 5 mins
>>
>>26064188
The foreign legion, I wanted to join it when i was younger.
Hardest everything in the French Army, they are mostly saw as Bad ass Barbarians by the others division (and there are some reason)
BUUUUUT There are some good point.

1) you become French
2) you can have a Beard
3) you have a Axe

Oh... and it is Hard as fuck of course
>>
What about someone who does a lot of running,but is weaker because of it?
>>
>>26069523
I suggest you read some forums where former members post. One guy recommended practicing running until you feel dead.

>>26069065
Building endurance. "Bouncing" (stand, sprint, take cover, repeat) gets through you really fast.

>>26069030
Perhaps not "legions" but PMCs are plenty around the world.

>>26069036
Military escapism is /r9k/ tier.

I've thought about doing it in my mid-thirties.

What good is a life that you can predict with daily accuracy for 40 years until death? If you know it already, there is no point living through it.

Also, I witnessed the slow withering of my grandparents. Not for me.

All "mainstream" religions say that death in battle pleases the god(s), so a decent afterlife (if existing) would be somewhat guaranteed.

One last "self finding" adventure (even if short) before that just as a bonus.
>>
>>26069670
I can ad this :

In France, when you are a citizen, if you reach the age of 16 you have to spend One day with the Army, during this day, they inform you about army, test your abilities, etc, etc,

>Me in Army classroom
>The officer ask "Any of you has a question" ?
>Pull up my Hand
>Yeah ?
>I want to join the foreign legion, How can i do ?
> the officer look at me, look at the other >persons, leave the class
>we can hear a few officer talking
>they come back and start to ask me : are you > sure about this ? I mean ... there is Air army, >bla bla bla
>"The foreign legion is a bit special" and shit
>MFW during Propaganda Day, they doesn't >talk about the bad assest corp we have
>>
>>26069523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o0DWvxksdI
>>
they don't take people with a criminal record anymore
>>
>>26069129
referendum coming up soon, it might not be so valid after that
>>
File: LookAtHisBigCoock.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
LookAtHisBigCoock.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>26064188
If I would be healtly enough on body to join army I would not waste my time shitposting.

I was outside 3h ago. Usually its -20 at this part of year, but this year weather fucked up and its +10, air is so warm, refreshing, like whole goddman world is asking you to start real life. Fucking genes lottery.
>>
>>26070251
>finally get EU passport
>finally have the oportunity to go to Scotland and get a qt redhead gf
>UK leaves the union

why is life so cruel
>>
>>26064188
>joining a shitty equipped special force full of maniacs to be used as cannon fodder in nig nog countries

no thanks
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.