[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness + Brain Problems

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: j33vesu.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
Discuss mental illness here. Why my psychotic depressioniggas at?
>>
Do your brain problems cause you to make this thread multiple times a day?
>>
>>26062282
Better than the 10 threads crying about not having sex. It's comfy to talk about mental illness
>>
>>26062282
Spoken like a true normie. Why would this anger you, Mr normie?
>>
Anyways, any robots have experience with risperidone? It's making me fat, so I want to switch meds.
>>
>>26062257
mmy name is david and im autistic
>>
File: 1450260951592.jpg (29KB, 358x334px) Image search: [Google]
1450260951592.jpg
29KB, 358x334px
>>26062257
I've been diagnosed with clinical depression. I've been a neet since then

it was 3 years ago.

i keep thinking maybe it's time to stop being a useless faggot and be useful once again. I keep thinking.
>>
Anyone here have a learning disability?
>>
>>26063052
its called being stupid
>>
>>26063022
why aren't you taking medication?
>>
>>26063073
>its called being stupid
can't even use proper grammar. It's "it's" you fucking dull
>>
>>26063117
>can't even use proper capital letters and dots when making a sentence

let's not point fingers now
>>
>>26063099
medication doesn't work for a lot of people
>>
>>26063148
>dots
kek
>>
>>26063148
At least I know when to use "its" and "it's"
>>
>>26063176
>>26063171
>hurr durrr words and shit

lmao fucking retar dhahahahaha omg ur so stupid nig

lolo retard i was just pretending and uf all for it lmao

also i speak 4 languages in total so fuck you
>>
>>26063150
treatment-resistant depression isn't that common

to be diagnosed with it you need to have done at least 4 12-month trials of different SSRIs
>>
>>26063197
>I speak four languages
>lying on the internet

What are you doing m8?
>>
>>26063214
SSRIs only work of it is linked to serotonin levels, not all depression is serotonin related
>>
>>26063261
english dutch german and french cancerfaggot
>>
File: 1433618481174.jpg (127KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1433618481174.jpg
127KB, 640x640px
>>26063099
Medication is really expensive. I was on SNRI's for awhile. A year ago I missed an appointment and never contacted them back for another. I give up on medication, they never improved my state of mind much and neither did I want to use it as some crutch, money was also an issue, I didn't want to have to depend on my parents.

i wish to get better on my own and i have been doing well enough as can be since i stopped, the cold turkey was another day in hell, not like we aren't already used to that right?. But thanks for asking, anon.
>>
>>26063271
>>26063214
You have to try 4 different treatments.
Trying 4 different SSRIs is like trying 1 treatment 4 times.
You don't know what you're talking about.

>>26063022
Know your feels robot bro, this sucks.
>>
File: 1444283010934.jpg (40KB, 467x433px) Image search: [Google]
1444283010934.jpg
40KB, 467x433px
>read about avoidant personality disorder
>describes me to a T, every fear and hesitation I've had since I was a child
>go on /r9k/
>"meme disorder for people who make excuses"
I don't even know anymore

Just smash my face in with a brick

Just let me get killed by a serial killer so my parents don't think I'm a coward
>>
>start feeling slight symptoms of depression
>only things keeping me going are school, living with my mum and my two dogs
>going to uni means all three of those won't be there at all

What's the best time to go get checked out? I just feel like I'm going to slump down so hard when I get to university, but right now I don't feel anything is serious enough to 'worry' myself and my mum about.
>>
>>26063271
SSRIs are intended to be used in conjunction with therapy. even if it's not serotonin related you will still see an effect from it

>>26063310
sorry I forget not everywhere has free public healthcare

>>26063317
holy shit it's nothing like the same treatment 4 times. SSRI is just a class of drug, they all work differently

it's like saying all antibiotics kill all bacteria
>>
>>26063396
You should probably get checked out unless you want life to suck mad dick for years.
>>
>>26063396
Forgot to mention I'm a Brit so I've got free healthcare but waiting times are LONG and there are many, many more needy people than me. Quite a big factor so I really should have remembered it.
>>
>>26062257
diagnosed with depression, seeing a therapist almost every week, have kinda breakdowns every now and then, get very annoyed by teenage fags "cutting" themselves with, idk, paper scissors and acting like theyre having serious problems
know it's probably stupid but sometimes i just want to kick them in the face like, you don't even know what real mental illness feels like
>>
>>26063426
See >>26063434
It's a lot more complicated than that. I'm just unsure whether the minor symptoms I'm feeling now are just temporary, and uni will be the change I 'need', or if they're not and they'll only get worse.
>>
>bipolar disorder
>major depressive disorder
>schizoaffective disorder
>generalized anxiety disorder
God: how you want your brain senpai?
Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>26063475
What do you hallucinate? For me, it's mostly just lights and dark areas in my vision, but I occasionally see a demon.
>>
>>26063396
checking it now is better than having a complete breakdown, go and get checked out soon
>>
how the fuck are you psychotic nigga

are you schizo?
>>
>>26063458
I feel that anyone who uses a 'mental illness' as a personality trait or descriptor doesn't have one and really just has 'issues' instead.
>>
>>26063509
I will see, but I seriously doubt I'll get the motivation/time/energy to go on my own and I really don't want to worry my family by getting them to take me. I also don't want a false positive coming back and fucking me up despite not having much wrong with me.
>>
>>26063527
he's psychotic because he has psychotic depression... pretty self explanatory
>>
>>26063527
Psychotic depression is a combination of major depressive disorder and psychosis. I'm not a schizo, but I guess I have a psychotic disorder which is in the same category as schizophrenia. I have psychotic episodes where I act weird and hallucinate. For example, here's how it went on Saturday for me:

>laying in bed in college dorm after having one (1) beer and suddenly super tired
>get a burst of euphoric super-energy that sends me running down the hallway and yelling people's names
>eat food off the floor
>spray febreeze in my mouth
>pester my friends on my floor to go to mcdonalds with me
>think that the lights outside are emitting some sort of "energy"
>think that I am a god who can read minds and manipulate people with the force
>eventually, it wears off and leaves me feeling suicidally depressed
JUST
>>
>>26063596
do your friends think you're coked up or what?
>>
>>26063396
Do it now. I've been going to uni for 2 and a half years now and it's been getting worse and worse.
>>
File: 1449133453785.jpg (13KB, 181x253px) Image search: [Google]
1449133453785.jpg
13KB, 181x253px
Epilepsy. I never though I could become so ostracized. It was the beginning of my JUST saga.
>>
>>26062282
>would rather see autists blaming women for their lack of sex than a beneficial thread
>>
>>26063596
so moral of the story, stay away from alcohol?
>>
>>26063674
My friends are subtly scared of me now. I just told them I'm drunk, but one of them caught my lie and thinks I was on drugs of some sort. I should probably just tell them but it would be extremely awkward.
>>
>>26063699
fo real. these threads are my only chance to vent about this shit. normalfags always give me a look like i farted then bragged about the smell. I'm just tryna communicate why my life isn't as amazing as yours and sorry for interrupting your cool story normalbro.
>>
>>26063710
Alcohol can cause it, but it doesnt always cause it. Sometimes, my psychotic episodes will happen without any provocation.
>>
>>26063690
I do have a break coming up and my mum's going to Spain so I could do it then.

The thing is, there's two outcomes if I do it now.
>I'm a legit depressed fuck and it's going to fuck up a lot of future plans
>I'm not and there's massive uncertainty
But thanks for the encouragement, fellow anons. I'll come back whenever something changes and update you all.
>>
This switch in my brain goes off or I notice when it starts happening and I start to think people are intently focusing on me and I start to get really paranoid and start doing movements that you would see a junkie do coupled with a deep desire to punch something or shout my lung's out or something of the sort. There's also this warm but thick fog of some kind of bad focus that starts to cover the insides of my brain.

What do I have? I think it's just common temporary brain damage
>>
>>26063738
maybe a mood stabilizer would help
>>
>>26062257
idk anon
im just tired of life and don't want to live anymore
im not capable of thinking ahead, making plans for future
everything seems dull and meaningless
i dont like ppl
i am not capable of working

probably some sort of depression an anxiety

taking some SSRI and prozac
didnt help at all
>>
File: smh.gif (489KB, 500x198px) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
489KB, 500x198px
Is ADD really just a meme diagnosis? I've been struggling with studying for a year and a half now. I have no idea what to do as I can't for the life of me concentrate on studying. I've been telling myself that all these attention disorders are just made up and that I should just get on with it and just do it, but it does't work. I've been tryoing for over a year and it makes me depressed, I'm desperate and during every finals month I'm borderline suicidal.

>pic related, I wish I was able to study like her
>>
>>26062257
the other night i took a box of paramol and downed half a bottle of vodka but then I threw up from the vodka and when I tried to stop myself from throwing up i just passed out and threw up in my sleep and i'm still not dead

god damn im a fucking pussy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
who else /temporal lobe epilepsy/?
>>
Who here /developingpsychosis/?
>been depressed for years
>hit bottom a couple years ago
>anxiety worsens causing panic attacks
>fought with suicidal/homicidal thoughts
>started developing this paranoia of others
>now starting to think I'm trapped in some matrix reality
>my paranoia of others is now saying they're programs knowing I have caught on to the alternate reality
>trying to hang on to whatever sanity I have left to say this idea is stupid
>>
File: eugfKrh.webm (214KB, 504x280px) Image search: [Google]
eugfKrh.webm
214KB, 504x280px
where can I buy rope from robots?
>>
>>26063941
/frontal lobe epilepsy/ Do you have visions or phenomenal experiences of any kind. Mine just suck ass and give me migraines afterwards.
>>
>>26063336
>expecting genuine advice about mental health from /r9k/
>taking their generalizations seriously that you don't even know what to think of yourself now

I think you may be autistic too.

Learn how to toughen up you sensitive faggot
>>
>>26063847
I'm taking risperidone, which helps. It had shitty side effects tho
>>
>>26064061
Probably a hardware store. At least in my town they have it. Or you can get it somewhere where they sell car maintenance shit, they usually sell rope for towing cars.
>>
>>26064061
I found out that ethernet cable is pretty sturdy, wrap it 3 times and it's gonna hold.
>>
>major depression & borderline personality disorder

Mixed nicely with a long history of being bullied and a total social outcast. Feels bad.
>>
>>26064114
I'm actually trying so hard but I'm very sensitive and weak to criticism
>>
>>26063838
Sounds like a panic attack to me senpai
>>
File: dgfrbrfg.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
dgfrbrfg.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>26064067
seizures only started in the last 6 months and only diagnosed after a full blown seizure recently.
probably had 4 - 5 partial seizures before this and one since, i need a few more to really get a feel for it so i can describe it correctly.
from what i can remember they are just overwhelming emotions of all types for 20 - 30 seconds, close to a bad dream or drug trip if anything.
the spooky part is when started talking to the nurse with a normal tone of voice but no actual english words during the full blown seizure.
>>
Diagnosed schizophrenic here, pretty mild though. Was fine for a while but I ignored the warnings about DUDE WEED LMAO and thought I was just getting the normal paranoia. Turns out it triggered my latent schizophrenia. Not that I really blame the weed, it probably would have come up later in life and I'm actually glad I had to learn how to deal with it when the stakes were low. Most of the time I can convince myself that the voices aren't real and that I'm just having a dialogue with my subconscious which has led to some pretty astounding revelations about myself, but every once in a while if I'm not alone and start hearing something I freak out a little bit.

Absolutely refuse to try and sort of meds though, I'll take my naturally fucked up brain that has gotten me into a good school and almost laid over the possibility of an even more fucked up brain and even more suicidal thoughts.
>>26063336
It's really not a good idea to take advice from this board about anything. This place is full of failures, generally you want to take advice from successful people.
>>
>>26063838
Does the feeling originate in the back of your head and spreads? Do you get similar sensations in the chest? Does it feel sort of like a wave of numbness?

If so then that might be panic attacks. I have them from time to time. I originally thought i had heart disease. Every time I got it I got even more scared and tried to calm down and stop it and that only makes it worse, in the end I had to get an ambulance cause I was half fainting, had numb hands and feet and generally thought i was gone die. Then the doctors explained that they get that all the time, people mistaking panic attacks for heart attacks. The way to stop it is to just sort of embrace it and let it go through instead of trying to stop it or calm yourself down. It can't hurt you.
>>
>>26064639
>Does the feeling originate in the back of your head and spreads? Do you get similar sensations in the chest? Does it feel sort of like a wave of numbness?
up until now i just thought it was dysphoria. thanks for clearing it up I guess.
>>
File: 14519826653980.png (501KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
14519826653980.png
501KB, 700x500px
>>26064061
just pull usb cable out of the wall. Should do the job
>>
>>26064874
I would go to a doctor to be sure. But even that's not 100%, we don't understand brains that much and unless it's severe you gon get brushed off since they generally don't really want to do a bunch of tests for something that doesn't seem serious.

Still it might be just a mild panic attack. Think about whether you are under extra stress that could cause it. Or maybe if something triggers it (like being in public), then it's probably a mild panic attack. However it's hard to say. If you had like a brain tumor there should be more symptoms, like vision problems or something.
>>
File: 1452302358917.jpg (78KB, 662x664px) Image search: [Google]
1452302358917.jpg
78KB, 662x664px
>>26062257
Manic-depressive, been hospitalised for psychosis, my life has been spiralling out of control for the last 6 months, and after these last three weeks I think I've fucked it up for good.

>>26062810
Anti-psychotics gonna make you fat and tired, welcome.

>>26063503
People (I can identify them) shouting at my unintelligibly, people trying to poison me/trap me and kill me, weird shapes that I think are creatures but then somehow I realise they are not. Visual disturbances, things moving around etc. Maybe that's what's going on with you, but everyone has different shit.

>>26063527
>>26063738
>>26063847
You would be surprised how many non-schizophrenic people have psychotic episodes. Mood stabilisers are not for psychosis, but they can limit mania, which can end up in psychosis EASILY. Risperidone is an anti-psychotic, mostly used for schizo.

>>26063995
You need to get yourself to a doctor and then a ward, sharpish. Anti-psychotics will make your head quiet.

>>26064456
Yeah, medication definitely makes you more fucked up and suicidal. Don't try and spin me that bullshit, you're not a hero for refusing treatment
>>
>>26062282
Oh good day to you Mr Norman! What's it like to be the scum of the earth?
>>
>>26062257
Hi my name is Ronald and I have problems with addictions

My life is really hard and I guess the cause was my father who raised me poorly to try and get me to be like his rock star idols, bands such as black sabbath
>>
>>26063995
This sounds a lot like me, and I've been diagnosed with psychotic depression. Does anyone in your family have it? My uncle has it, and it's incredibly genetic.
>>
>>26063995
What are your panic attacks about? If they're about bad things that are going to happen that really aren't going to happen, then it's probably psychotic depression.
>>
>go on SSRIs
>do fine for a few days
>miss 1 day
>plunge back into existential dread/nihilism/cynicism/obsessions

It's fun being me :^)
>>
>>26062282
>Do your brain problems cause you to make this thread multiple times a day?
No.
It's nice to see a thread full of other anons you can relate to. At least it's a bit better than b8/fembot and tfwnogf threads.
>>
>>26063503
those aren't hallucinations retard
>>
>>26067811
Seeing dark objects that aren't there is hallucinating
>>
File: 1452702061391.jpg (295KB, 884x902px) Image search: [Google]
1452702061391.jpg
295KB, 884x902px
these threads are depressing

some of you have it so hard

I care about you guys a whole lot
>>
>>26067864
that happens to everyone
>>
>23
>worsening schizophrenia
>problems falling asleep
>problems waking up on time
>problems eating with any regularity
>fluctuate between 190-210lbs (6'6'' as well)
>Can't focus on anything longer than a few minutes before being derailed by a fiction
>can't read books
>video games are hard now
>all I do is obsessively collect music
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.